PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for our brother Bruiser

Sprint
05-24-12, 8:25 pm
Some of you will be aware, others may not.

One of our brothers, Bruiser (aka Leigh) is currently battling through some mean-ass illness.

You may have come across his popular thread, "Bruiser's Daily Tips" which has provided some cracking gems of advices, & myself along with many others on here have benefitted greatly from them.

His Journey is being maintained on the regular with updates of his condition. Here's the link...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34543-Back-From-Hell&p=1227690#post1227690

I'm not a religious man, so I hesitate to use the word "prayer", but let's all take a second & spare a thought for one of our own during a difficult time. Bodybuilding can be a lonely pursuit, but we all share in that lonely pursuit together. This is what the Animal family is about.

Stay strong, bro.

Kowboy
05-24-12, 8:40 pm
You know I am down, he has been sending out text updates. I just hope he gets better soon, if I was a rich man I would drive my ass out to see him.

Cellardweller
05-24-12, 9:37 pm
Leigh's been in my thoughts and prayers. He's got alot of complicated things happening and I hope for a full recovery soon. Kellogg's, the maker of Pop Tarts is also praying for a speedy recovery. Has anyone heard how his family is doing? Leigh takes care of his boys so I wonder how they are doing.

Mr. Dead
05-24-12, 9:49 pm
T
You know I am down, he has been sending out text updates. I just hope he gets better soon, if I was a rich man I would drive my ass out to see him.

x2...

N. Motta
05-24-12, 10:27 pm
I don't know Bruiser personally, but I have followed his thread for a bit. Wishing him all the best. I have a feeling he's gonna kick this things ass. Stay strong man.

HIGA MONSTER
05-24-12, 10:36 pm
He cracked me up via text the other day.

He told me that he was trying to flirt with all the nurses while he sat with his IV and saw the Brian Shaw Hefty bag commercial.

So his attitude is good despite this situation.

rainman
05-25-12, 9:46 am
I don't know you personally and haven't been on the forvm that long, but have taken a lot out of your 'Daily Tips' thread over time, as I know many other members have. It's a pisser to go down before a meet, but I am of the firm belief that setbacks only fuel the hunger to get back up stronger than before.

Post workout I stopped by the supermarket this morning and picked up some Pop Tarts in your honour. I figure heating them up then blending them in a milk/ iso whey shake will rock PWO.

World Eater
05-25-12, 3:01 pm
Will pray to Cthulhu, just be sure to sacrifice some nurses once every while...

Be safe & get well.

C.Coronato
05-25-12, 3:08 pm
Bruiser is a good man. Looking forward to him being back 100%! You the man bro!

J-Dawg
05-25-12, 3:47 pm
Stay strong brother. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

naturalguy
05-25-12, 5:08 pm
There is an old saying "You can't keep a good man down" - heal up Bruiser

Bruiser
05-27-12, 10:51 am
I'm back at home and recovering slowly. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and auto-immune pancreatitis. They're still looking for causes for everything but at least it should all be treatable. it's gonna be a long battle but I'm ready for it.

I don't even know where to start thanking you guys. Animal isn't just a supplement or a forum, it truly is a brotherhood and I'm proud to be a part of it. From all the kind words on here to all the caring (and harassing) text messages I got, you guys helped keep my spirits up. What other sport are you gonna get guys that you look up to, guys that you have posters hanging up of, texting you to wish you luck (thanks so much Higa Monster and Freakshow). I won't be on here too much the next few weeks because I've got a lot to catch up on at home and a lot more procedures and appointments coming up. But I'll keep everybody updated. Thanks again.

I do wanna send out a special thanks to my Brit Bro Sprint. It was awesome of you to start this thread man. As soon as I get a chance I'll be coming across the pond to train. Thanks again bro.

Loomis
05-27-12, 11:14 am
Get well soon brother, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Stay strong.

Sprint
05-27-12, 11:28 am
I'm back at home and recovering slowly. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and auto-immune pancreatitis. They're still looking for causes for everything but at least it should all be treatable. it's gonna be a long battle but I'm ready for it.

I don't even know where to start thanking you guys. Animal isn't just a supplement or a forum, it truly is a brotherhood and I'm proud to be a part of it. From all the kind words on here to all the caring (and harassing) text messages I got, you guys helped keep my spirits up. What other sport are you gonna get guys that you look up to, guys that you have posters hanging up of, texting you to wish you luck (thanks so much Higa Monster and Freakshow). I won't be on here too much the next few weeks because I've got a lot to catch up on at home and a lot more procedures and appointments coming up. But I'll keep everybody updated. Thanks again.

I do wanna send out a special thanks to my Brit Bro Sprint. It was awesome of you to start this thread man. As soon as I get a chance I'll be coming across the pond to train. Thanks again bro.

It's good to see you posting again bro, we'll get through this shit together.

Behind you & alongside you all the way.

C.Coronato
05-30-12, 10:30 am

Take your time and heal up my brother. We will still be here when your back!

TinyHulk
05-30-12, 2:03 pm
Keeping u in my prayers...Heal fast and stronger and we all know you will come back bigger stronger and faster than ever...

widdlewade44
05-30-12, 2:13 pm
Good luck brother, you are in my and my family's prayers.

Kevin
widdlewade44

machineman
05-30-12, 2:16 pm
Get well soon, brother. I read alot of your posts and have taken so many things from them. Hope to see you back in the trenches before too long!

Bruiser
05-30-12, 4:46 pm
Get well soon brother, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Stay strong.

Thanks man

It's good to see you posting again bro, we'll get through this shit together.

Behind you & alongside you all the way.

As always Mikey, I owe you a thanks.

Take your time and heal up my brother. We will still be here when your back!

I appreciate it C!

Keeping u in my prayers...Heal fast and stronger and we all know you will come back bigger stronger and faster than ever...

Hoping so, but the waiting is as brutal as everything else.

Good luck brother, you are in my and my family's prayers.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks Kev.

Get well soon, brother. I read alot of your posts and have taken so many things from them. Hope to see you back in the trenches before too long!

Won't be too much longer now. Once I get the last of meds picked up at the pharmacy (insurance issues, having to pay outta pocket) I'll be on the mend and back under the bar on Monday!

rev8ball
05-30-12, 4:59 pm
Great to see you staying strong and positive.

Kick ass, bro. The weights will always be there....

Barricade71
05-30-12, 6:13 pm
My thoughts and prayers are with you brother. Heal yourself up and stay strong.

Carrnage
05-30-12, 6:33 pm
I know Bruiser doesn't get along with me but I still wish him the best, hope he heals up ASAP!

violator
05-31-12, 12:22 pm
rest and recover bro... ul b back... the animal within you will never die...

korn_fed
05-31-12, 1:16 pm

With a name like "Bruiser", I'm sure you'll be good to go in no time! Feel better my man and if there's anything I can do to help your situation, and I mean anything at all, just let me know.

Ryan C
06-04-12, 9:07 am
wish bruiser all the best... good luck bro!

Kowboy
06-04-12, 9:53 am
With a name like "Bruiser", I'm sure you'll be good to go in no time! Feel better my man and if there's anything I can do to help your situation, and I mean anything at all, just let me know.

At one point I think he wanted a large female dressed up as a nurse in peanut butter or something.

How are the appts going man? hopefully you are still surviving, I got a brand new banana hammock if you need some pics to help lift your spirits.

Joe J
06-10-12, 11:28 am
Hope to see you back here soon brother...