PDA

View Full Version : Timing Cuts, M-Stak & Pump?

forumname05
05-30-12, 1:13 pm
I've been a die-hard Animal/Universal fan for a few years now. Animal Pak,
Pump and Torrent have been my staples for the past few years with M-Stak and
Cuts mixed in every once in a while. This past winter I did a serious bulk
in which I put on a great amount of solid mass (w/ the help of a new routine and M-Stak)
but I did also put on a small amount of unfavorable mass in my
mid-section.

With my recent bulk I've made some great gains across the board and gotten up to just under 200lbs.+- I've recently started a new specialized training school at work which entails an odd and changing schedule from week to week. I also have gotten pretty sick for the past week in which I've been living on the bowl with massive diahrea 8+ times a day (I went to the Dr today and it also seems to be letting up finally). Being sick has hinders that mass I put on and caused me to lose almost 10lbs over the past week. I'm hoping by this coming week I can get back into my routine, get that mass back while shedding bf.

I've been looking at different supplements to add into my stack to help me get that mass back, help me move forward and shed bf (...as well as being more strict on the diet and cardio 4x week). I'm looking at adding both Cuts and M-Stak but am unsure of how to time them into my stack and schedule.

Here is my current stack and routine:
ON Opti-Men multi, Fish oil, Flaxseed and CLA
ON Whey and Casein
Animal Pump
Scivation Xtend
Universal Torrent

I have two different work schedules which vary from week to week, one in which I leave for work at 1pm (get home by 12/12:30am and the other in which I leave for work by 5am (get home by 3:30pm). This is definitely hectic to say the least. The later work schedule is harder to time so I need help there...

9:00am - Wake up
9:20am - Light pre-wo meal of Whey/Casein mix in water and Pump
10:00-11:15am - Lift... 1 serving of Xtend during, 1 serving of Torrent immediately after
12:00pm - Breakfast/Meal and 1 tablet each of ON Opti-Men, fish Oil, flaxseed, CLA
1:00pm-2:00pm - Commute to work
2:20pm - 2 mile mandatory run with my 'group' at work
3:00pm - 11:30pm - Work/Training
6:00 - 7:00pm - Meal at work, 1 tablet each of ON Opti-Men, fish Oil, flaxseed, CLA
Small snacks/meals/protein throughout the work day
11:30pm - Small meal on my drive home, 1 tablet each of Opti-Men, CLA
12:30/1am - Sleep 1 scoop of ON Casein

I'm having trouble trying to figure out when to add Cuts and M-Stak in there???
Should I stop Pump for now?

Preston
05-30-12, 1:48 pm
in which I put on a great amount of solid mass (w/ the help of a new routine and M-Stak)
mid-section.

With my recent bulk I've made some great gains across the board and gotten up to just under 200lbs.+- I've recently started a new specialized training school at work which entails an odd and changing schedule from week to week. I also have gotten pretty sick for the past week in which I've been living on the bowl with massive diahrea 8+ times a day (I went to the Dr today and it also seems to be letting up finally). Being sick has hinders that mass I put on and caused me to lose almost 10lbs over the past week. I'm hoping by this coming week I can get back into my routine, get that mass back while shedding bf.

I've been looking at different supplements to add into my stack to help me get that mass back, help me move forward and shed bf (...as well as being more strict on the diet and cardio 4x week). I'm looking at adding both Cuts and M-Stak but am unsure of how to time them into my stack and schedule.

ON Whey and Casein
Animal Pump
Scivation Xtend
Universal Torrent

I have two different work schedules which vary from week to week, one in which I leave for work at 1pm (get home by 12/12:30am and the other in which I leave for work by 5am (get home by 3:30pm). This is definitely hectic to say the least. The later work schedule is harder to time so I need help there...

10:00-11:15am - Lift... 1 serving of Xtend during, 1 serving of Torrent immediately after
12:00pm - Breakfast/Meal and 1 tablet each of ON Opti-Men, fish Oil, flaxseed, CLA
6:00 - 7:00pm - Meal at work, 1 tablet each of ON Opti-Men, fish Oil, flaxseed, CLA

I would take the Cuts right as you wake up. The M-Stak is a Pre-WO so one 45 minutes prior to lifting. Take Cuts again at the 2:00 which will carry you the rest of the day.

forumname05
05-30-12, 1:56 pm
I would take the Cuts right as you wake up. The M-Stak is a Pre-WO so one 45 minutes prior to lifting. Take Cuts again at the 2:00 which will carry you the rest of the day.

How would that workout with my schedule exactly? (My schedule/timing is in my op)
Wouldn't that make Cuts and M-Stak only 15min apart?

Universal Rep
06-01-12, 8:58 am
mid-section.

ON Whey and Casein
Animal Pump
Scivation Xtend
Universal Torrent

Do ya feel ya usually need a little pick-me-up before ya lift or before ya run?

forumname05
06-01-12, 9:05 am
Do ya feel ya usually need a little pick-me-up before ya lift or before ya run?

Usually before I lift (Pump the past few years), I've just started running (as part of my training/work).

Aggression
06-01-12, 9:06 am

Cuts; first pack upon waking up, 2nd pack mid-day, between meals (remove stimulants if necessary)
M-stak; I always take it directly between my first two meals of the day, removing the stimulant capsule

You can still take Pump, using it preWO.

Universal Rep
06-01-12, 9:09 am
Usually before I lift (Pump the past few years), I've just started running (as part of my training/work).

Around 9:30, after ya wake up and before ya lift at 10am, take the Pump and the M-Stak together, but drop the red cap from either the Pump or the M-Stak so ya don't double up.
At around 2pm, take the Cuts and again before dinner at 6pm.

How do ya like the Xtend and ON Casein?

forumname05
06-01-12, 9:26 am
Around 9:30, after ya wake up and before ya lift at 10am, take the Pump and the M-Stak together, but drop the red cap from either the Pump or the M-Stak so ya don't double up.
At around 2pm, take the Cuts and again before dinner at 6pm.
Does removing the stim from Cuts effect how well it works?

How do ya like the Xtend and ON Casein?

Ok, sound great, I was really unsure since Cuts is usually taken first thing upon waking
As far as the Cuts before running and dinner, should I take the stim cap out of one of those?
Not sure if I've ever ran on stims, how's that work out? (Keep in kind I just started running)
Maybe I'll drop the stim on the second cuts just so it doesn't interfere with sleep and so I'm not on 3 stims a day?

I use to use Intra-Aid but found it a little pricey and 'heavy' to drink while lifting (even in 24oz water). Casein is GREAT before bed and delicious with a minimal 4oz of water

Universal Rep
06-01-12, 10:02 am
Ok, sound great, I was really unsure since Cuts is usually taken first thing upon waking
As far as the Cuts before running and dinner, should I take the stim cap out of one of those?
Not sure if I've ever ran on stims, how's that work out? (Keep in kind I just started running)
Maybe I'll drop the stim on the second cuts just so it doesn't interfere with sleep and so I'm not on 3 stims a day?

I use to use Intra-Aid but found it a little pricey and 'heavy' to drink while lifting (even in 24oz water). Casein is GREAT before bed and delicious with a minimal 4oz of water

There is no single "right" way and ya can def run the Cuts first thing. I just switched it up cuz you lift close to when ya wake and it'd complicate the M-Stak/Pump. To me, one thing to consider is keepin the Cuts near meals (but before). Plus, in ur case, ur takin stims 3x daily, spaced apart by 4-4 1/2 hours which is solid as it keeps ur metabolism runnin hotter. Ultimately, it's ur call on takin the stims out of the Cuts (cuz I don't know how stim tolerant ya are or how concerned ya are with the stims)... Again, there's no single right way and ya should always use supps in a way that makes sense for you...

Lemme send ya a small tub of Atomic 7. Tell me how it compares to the Xtend.

Also, keep an eye out for a future 100% micellar casein supp from Universal called Casein Pro. Should be launched next week or the week after...

forumname05
06-01-12, 10:58 am
There is no single "right" way and ya can def run the Cuts first thing. I just switched it up cuz you lift close to when ya wake and it'd complicate the M-Stak/Pump. To me, one thing to consider is keepin the Cuts near meals (but before). Plus, in ur case, ur takin stims 3x daily, spaced apart by 4-4 1/2 hours which is solid as it keeps ur metabolism runnin hotter. Ultimately, it's ur call on takin the stims out of the Cuts (cuz I don't know how stim tolerant ya are or how concerned ya are with the stims)... Again, there's no single right way and ya should always use supps in a way that makes sense for you...

Lemme send ya a small tub of Atomic 7. Tell me how it compares to the Xtend.

Also, keep an eye out for a future 100% micellar casein supp from Universal called Casein Pro. Should be launched next week or the week after...

All sounds good to me!
This is why Universal/Animal have been my staple supp's since I got into it, Pak, Pump & Torrent have been my steady for a few years now. I absolutely crave Torrent after my last set. M-Stak has also been GREAT on my bulks or just to get past a plateau. I'll be honest and say I've definitely tried a few other supp's in the past because of reviews and just to switch it up. The most recent was a BIG mistake! I figured it would help me keep putting on mass and cut down my bf, it's known as "Anabolic Dump" on other forums (you guys can easily figure out which one it is). What a bad experience, right away I started having paralyzingly sharp stomach pains, was on the bowl 8+ times a day with absolutely explosive diahrrea, and waking up at night to do the same. It's been 10 days and my bowel movements are still not back to my normal at all. Everything I eat has been going right through me! I researched the hell out of said supp so it was not user error and i was only up to about day 3 when it all started. It made me lose 10lbs, I've been so weak and dehydrated that I haven't been able to lift this week. The ordeal basically negated most of the mass gains I put on recently that I worked so hard for and was so proud of, it turned out to be a very big set-back...Now I'm trying to get back on track, hoping adding m-stak & cuts to my stack will get me back to where I was and with a lower bf%.

I'll definitely take you up on the Atomic 7 offer, I'll PM you my adress...Thanks a ton!
I'll also keep an eye out for the Casein

Universal Rep
06-01-12, 3:24 pm
All sounds good to me!
This is why Universal/Animal have been my staple supp's since I got into it, Pak, Pump & Torrent have been my steady for a few years now. I absolutely crave Torrent after my last set. M-Stak has also been GREAT on my bulks or just to get past a plateau. I'll be honest and say I've definitely tried a few other supp's in the past because of reviews and just to switch it up. The most recent was a BIG mistake! I figured it would help me keep putting on mass and cut down my bf, it's known as "Anabolic Dump" on other forums (you guys can easily figure out which one it is). What a bad experience, right away I started having paralyzingly sharp stomach pains, was on the bowl 8+ times a day with absolutely explosive diahrrea, and waking up at night to do the same. It's been 10 days and my bowel movements are still not back to my normal at all. Everything I eat has been going right through me! I researched the hell out of said supp so it was not user error and i was only up to about day 3 when it all started. It made me lose 10lbs, I've been so weak and dehydrated that I haven't been able to lift this week. The ordeal basically negated most of the mass gains I put on recently that I worked so hard for and was so proud of, it turned out to be a very big set-back...Now I'm trying to get back on track, hoping adding m-stak & cuts to my stack will get me back to where I was and with a lower bf%.

I'll definitely take you up on the Atomic 7 offer, I'll PM you my adress...Thanks a ton!
I'll also keep an eye out for the Casein

To answer ur other question, there are sum key differences between a BCAA powder like Atomic 7 and Xtend vs. Intra-Aid. Both can be taken intra-workout of course, but Intra-Aid was based on the concept of PRO + CHO as supported by a solid body of research which indicated that a combo of protein (PRO) and carbs (CHO) is superior durin resistance training. So Intra-Aid is like the complete and comprehensive intra supp based on the research. Atomic 7 is cheaper and tastier (IMHO) but its straight BCAAs... Hope this info help. If ur pre- and post-workout nutrition is solid, ur perfectly fine with just BCAAs (tho I personally think EAAs are better).