PDA

View Full Version : 5 Day Split

Rambo Moe
06-03-12, 3:07 pm
Not too long ago I went from a 5 day split to a 4 day split cause I didn't feel like I was getting the recovery time I needed. That shit didn't work so I'm going back to a 5 day split. In your fellas opinions whats the best muscle group rotation in the split to maximize recovery time and growth?

PORTERHOUSE
06-03-12, 4:16 pm
I used a 4 day split for years, but just recently switched to a 5 day just to mix things up a little, I played around with the rotation for a couple weeks, but I got one I like now:

Sunday:Delts
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Back/Traps
Friday: Arms
Saturday: OFF

Nothing really overlaps with this routine recovery wise for me.

Joe J
06-04-12, 7:42 am
Not too long ago I went from a 5 day split to a 4 day split cause I didn't feel like I was getting the recovery time I needed. That shit didn't work so I'm going back to a 5 day split. In your fellas opinions whats the best muscle group rotation in the split to maximize recovery time and growth?

What 'didn't work' about it? I think a 4 day split is far superior to a 5 day split, but that's just me.

I do:
Mon: shoulders + tris
Tues: legs
Wed: Off/cardio
Thurs: chest + bi's
Fri: Off/cardio
Sat: Back
Sun: Off/cardio

PORTERHOUSE
06-04-12, 8:19 am
What 'didn't work' about it? I think a 4 day split is far superior to a 5 day split, but that's just me.

I do:

I was wondering the same thing, what didn't work?

This is almost my exact 4-day, except I did tri's on back day, and it started on Sunday.

Joe J
06-04-12, 8:23 am
I was wondering the same thing, what didn't work?

This is almost my exact 4-day, except I did tri's on back day, and it started on Sunday.

I love this split bro, I train HIT so rest is optimal for me.

Rambo Moe
06-04-12, 11:26 am

I do:

My split was:

Tuesday: off/cardio
Wednesday: Chest/tris
Thursday: off/cardio
Friday:shoulders
Saturday: off/cardio
Sunday: back/bis

It's not really that it didn't work, i just didn't really feel like I was hitting the muscles as hard as possible on each day due to arms not having its own day.
Also, ever since i went to the 4 day split my head wasnt really in it in the gym had a pretty hard time focusing on every set cause I was too worried
about over training. Not to mention I was basically trying to fix something that wasnt broke.. before I switched I went from 205 to 245 in 13 months using a 5 day.

Joe J
06-04-12, 11:44 am
My split was:

Tuesday: off/cardio
Wednesday: Chest/tris
Thursday: off/cardio
Friday:shoulders
Saturday: off/cardio
Sunday: back/bis

It's not really that it didn't work, i just didn't really feel like I was hitting the muscles as hard as possible on each day due to arms not having its own day.
Also, ever since i went to the 4 day split my head wasnt really in it in the gym had a pretty hard time focusing on every set cause I was too worried
about over training. Not to mention I was basically trying to fix something that wasnt broke.. before I switched I went from 205 to 245 in 13 months using a 5 day.

I hate putting arms on it's own day. But if you like 5 day just do it man, no need for reassurance. If you gained 40lbs of lean muscle in 13 fucking months then carry on doing exactly what you're doing cause that is fucking insane.

Rambo Moe
06-04-12, 11:55 am
Will do man, i appreciate the input.

C.Coronato
06-04-12, 3:49 pm
This is my 5 day split.

Monday - Shoulders
Tuesday - Arms
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - OFF
Friday - Chest
Saturday - Back
Sunday - OFF

Rambo Moe
06-05-12, 10:04 am
This is my 5 day split.

Monday - Shoulders
Tuesday - Arms
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - OFF
Friday - Chest
Saturday - Back
Sunday - OFF

That's what I'm going with too. My biggest issue was fatigue in the triceps when I was doing my presses on chest and delts, this split looks the best for recovery for the tris.

CrystalLake
06-06-12, 10:54 am
Love 5-day splits. Here's my current one:

Sun: Shoulders
Mon: OFF
Tues: Chest
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Arms
Fri: OFF