PDA

View Full Version : Animal Tattoo

Kowboy
06-04-12, 10:52 am
So I was thinking on my way in to work at 0500 this morning (as much as I could that damn early). How bad ass would the Animal logo from the Arnold hat that was just "Animal." be on like a calf as a tatt. I am thinking that I might go forward some time this year w/ this after I reach a certain goal or something. I know it sounds crazy but this shit has changed my life, w/out the people here I wouldn't be where I am truly thankful for everyone here. It represents more than a word to me, I wear the shirts and the hats and walk around and feel better about myself. I plan on adding to it down the road as well and I have some other cool ideas.

Aggression
06-04-12, 10:59 am
Doesn't sound crazy at all, my man. In fact, there's a lot of dudes on this forvm who rock some Animal ink.

Kowboy
06-04-12, 11:03 am
Next part is just figuring out the goal I should use to do it.

wedge
06-04-12, 11:12 am
So I was thinking on my way in to work at 0500 this morning (as much as I could that damn early). How bad ass would the Animal logo from the Arnold hat that was just "Animal." be on like a calf as a tatt. I am thinking that I might go forward some time this year w/ this after I reach a certain goal or something. I know it sounds crazy but this shit has changed my life, w/out the people here I wouldn't be where I am truly thankful for everyone here. It represents more than a word to me, I wear the shirts and the hats and walk around and feel better about myself. I plan on adding to it down the road as well and I have some other cool ideas.

I did much the same thing with the symbol for the NYC hardcore band Sick Of It All. Their music and message helped me break out of the shell and set me on the path to where I am now. I have their dragon symbol on my left calf. I've had thoughts of rocking the Animal A somewhere as well.

Tiger
06-04-12, 11:12 am
I'd been thinking the same! Although I think I would just opt for the A...

Anyone currently rocking some Animal ink want to share it with us?

One thing that stops me from getting too much ink just now is the thought of it possibly negatively impacting me competing one day.

Kowboy
06-04-12, 11:14 am
I'd been thinking the same! Although I think I would just opt for the A...

Anyone currently rocking some Animal ink want to share it with us?

One thing that stops me from getting too much ink just now is the thought of it possibly negatively impacting me competing one day.

I will never compete, or at least seriously. I know I can't go pro so that is not bothering me. I am choosing my leg because of my career. I would love to have them on my lower arms and do a sleeve but it would be career suicide for me :(. Another spot was my inner bicep.

PORTERHOUSE
06-04-12, 11:30 am
I have some ink, but I personally would never put a corporate logo on myself. To each is own I suppose.

Universal Rep
06-04-12, 3:55 pm
How easy/painful is it to remove tats these days?

C.Coronato
06-04-12, 4:40 pm
How easy/painful is it to remove tats these days?

VERY painful, but relatively easy now. Many tattoo parlors have tattoo removal artists too. It basically consists of a few sessions of getting blasted by a laser.

Long story short, don't get a tattoo you'll regret. Mine are all family orientated (mother, grandfather, and grandmother), so I know ill never not want them.

here is a video of tattoo removal -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_zo44zacJg

P Diesel
06-04-12, 6:34 pm
I will never compete, or at least seriously. I know I can't go pro so that is not bothering me. I am choosing my leg because of my career. I would love to have them on my lower arms and do a sleeve but it would be career suicide for me :(. Another spot was my inner bicep.

get it done homey ... im thinkin u should rock it full chest.shoulder to shoulder. if it means that much to u make it stare u in the face.

P

brick13
06-04-12, 6:43 pm
get it done homey ... im thinkin u should rock it full chest.shoulder to shoulder. if it means that much to u make it stare u in the face.

P

Agree with P on this one...if ur gunna do it, fuck it go all out, just make sure u mean it. I sleeved up because of the meaning it holds to me, not the trend.

P, gotta say I'm diggin the tribal sleeve bro ur rockin when I met u Saturday at Frenchie's.

Kowboy
06-04-12, 7:48 pm
Well I def can't have it show in a short sleeve shirt, that is just how it is in the world I work in. Maybe one day down the road when I run shit lol. The tattoo I want is from an artist named Xoil or Loic but I am going to have to save up for a bit. I just really like the Animal. as it is corporate but its not the recognizable A ya know.

Wycked
06-05-12, 12:02 am
Already threw it out there in another area of the form but I would Rock the A as well if I was signed to an extensive contract with animal. I would do it as a sign of gratitude and also because the animal way of being is pretty much how I live my life. I'm dedicated to what I love and spread my knowledge and lessons learned to everyone I can.

Also I'm sorry if someone isn't going to hire my BC of tattoo's then they can go fuk themselves lol

Kowboy
06-05-12, 6:55 am
Already threw it out there in another area of the form but I would Rock the A as well if I was signed to an extensive contract with animal. I would do it as a sign of gratitude and also because the animal way of being is pretty much how I live my life. I'm dedicated to what I love and spread my knowledge and lessons learned to everyone I can.

Also I'm sorry if someone isn't going to hire my BC of tattoo's then they can go fuk themselves lol

I wish it was that way for me Wycked but the area I work in is a lot of old military and having tats down your arm pretty much disqualifies you (whether they admit it or not). I just cant take any chances being the only working person in my house and since my wife wants more kids...I can't afford it lol. I know I probably wont ever be signed by Animal or work for Animal unless they want to hire an IT nerd but the word really does mean a lot to me. I am thinking my goal will be when I am at a respectable bodyfat% and you can see abs I will go get it.

Universal Rep
06-05-12, 8:40 am
VERY painful, but relatively easy now. Many tattoo parlors have tattoo removal artists too. It basically consists of a few sessions of getting blasted by a laser.

Long story short, don't get a tattoo you'll regret. Mine are all family orientated (mother, grandfather, and grandmother), so I know ill never not want them.

here is a video of tattoo removal -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_zo44zacJg

So no names of ur current girlfriend. Got it.

brb

Joe J
06-06-12, 5:45 pm
Go for it bro. Get it wherever the fuck you wanna get it. The more people try to break the boundaries the less stigma there will be in the workplace about tattoos.

I'm 18 and have the left side of my chest and front delt covered. I too would rock the animal A somewhere one day.

Go for it man.

Wycked
06-07-12, 12:50 am
I wish it was that way for me Wycked but the area I work in is a lot of old military and having tats down your arm pretty much disqualifies you (whether they admit it or not). I just cant take any chances being the only working person in my house and since my wife wants more kids...I can't afford it lol. I know I probably wont ever be signed by Animal or work for Animal unless they want to hire an IT nerd but the word really does mean a lot to me. I am thinking my goal will be when I am at a respectable bodyfat% and you can see abs I will go get it.

I do realize tattoos are excepted by the job world on many cases and u have to do what's best for u. But hey when u finally retire or have established yourself in your desired position go get covered lol

GUNS
06-07-12, 5:32 am

I am in a community and still active where pretty much everyone has full sleeves. Not looked at badly at all. I have a 1/2 sleeve and have applied to get a civilian job right here in this same community when I retire. I guess if you work in the pentagon, you will be covered up anyway in a suit and tie. And fuck that, I will never have a job where suit and tie are the mandated wear. Ive been proudly wearing a uniform for 24 years, and have no regrets, but when I retire, no more uniforms for me.

I will most likely be getting the "A" on my back where the logo is on the shirt in the near future. I think there is no need to wait for a certain goal. Animal doesnt stand for "you can only be in the forvm because your a certain % or living life on the stage" It is a mentality and a way of life. If thats how you live and thats what you feel, don't let a % get in your way! Do it now!

Kowboy
06-07-12, 6:37 am
I am in a community and still active where pretty much everyone has full sleeves. Not looked at badly at all. I have a 1/2 sleeve and have applied to get a civilian job right here in this same community when I retire. I guess if you work in the pentagon, you will be covered up anyway in a suit and tie. And fuck that, I will never have a job where suit and tie are the mandated wear. Ive been proudly wearing a uniform for 24 years, and have no regrets, but when I retire, no more uniforms for me.

I will most likely be getting the "A" on my back where the logo is on the shirt in the near future. I think there is no need to wait for a certain goal. Animal doesnt stand for "you can only be in the forvm because your a certain % or living life on the stage" It is a mentality and a way of life. If thats how you live and thats what you feel, don't let a % get in your way! Do it now!

Well I def can't do it now lol we put all our money in to buying the house. I am really trying to figure out where to put it. I am thinking right calf on the back maybe...any thoughts?

GUNS
06-07-12, 6:41 am
I think outer forearm would be cool. But looks like that is not a viable location for you. If you have massive calves, that would be cool. Down the side of your quad would be cool.

Me and my son almost got the "Sweet" / "Dude" tattoos across our back. Epic movie! And we were talked out of it by the wife. I thank her now! lol!

Kowboy
06-07-12, 7:00 am
they aren't massive but not too bad, I just cant really think of anywhere else to get it.

GUNS
06-07-12, 7:24 am
Across your tongue, so when you hit that sick most muscular and stick your tongue out, people know! lol!

Cut out a stencil, paint it on for a week, try it on a few locations and see where you like it!

Joe J
06-07-12, 7:33 am
How sick would 'ANIMAL' under your bottom lip be...

Kowboy
06-07-12, 7:37 am
Across your tongue, so when you hit that sick most muscular and stick your tongue out, people know! lol!

Cut out a stencil, paint it on for a week, try it on a few locations and see where you like it!

Now that is a fucking idea

N. Motta
06-07-12, 7:53 am
I think inside of the bicep would be cool. The "A" with a couple other words or somethin.

Kowboy
06-07-12, 8:05 am
I thought of it on the inside of the bicep as well, I am doing the Animal. from the hats at the Arnold this year. I am not sure why I just like it a bit more then the traditional A or what not.

Brometheus
06-07-12, 12:40 pm
I thought of it on the inside of the bicep as well, I am doing the Animal. from the hats at the Arnold this year. I am not sure why I just like it a bit more then the traditional A or what not.

Got a link to a picture of said hat?

Kowboy
06-07-12, 12:48 pm
Got a link to a picture of said hat?

If you are on facebook send me a request, it is in one of my pics. It is just "Animal." in their standard font on the left side of the hat. It is so simple but I love it.

Cellardweller
06-07-12, 12:55 pm
A quick search found this thread

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?260-Tattoo-for-the-Animal&highlight=tatoo

And how cool is this?

http://www.universalnutrition.com/news/041223.html

GUNS
06-07-12, 1:05 pm
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/Picture003-51.jpg The way it is spelled out here!

ghost
06-07-12, 1:26 pm
How sick would 'ANIMAL' under your bottom lip be...

gotta say...that's a TERRIBLE idea.

any form of Face/Neck tattoos can be EXTREMELY detrimental when seeking careers later in life. just think you are going in for some Federal Job Interview, and you have ANIMAL tattood on your face. As someone who does the interviews and hiring for staff.....you wouldnt last 5 seconds in my office.

don't get me wrong, i have 18 tattoos. just be smart about where it is placed is all i'm sayin...

GUNS
06-07-12, 1:30 pm
I was thinking he was joking as was I about the tongue.

Kowboy
06-07-12, 1:30 pm
Oh yeah, that is why I am thinking calf for now. I already work for the federal govt and in the group I work for I don't think they would even tolerate anything below the elbow if you were going to management. We interface a lot with high level federal government employees and military so....maybe when I retire I will get sleeved up.

GUNS
06-07-12, 1:40 pm
Just wear long sleeves!

Joe J
06-07-12, 2:10 pm
gotta say...that's a TERRIBLE idea.

any form of Face/Neck tattoos can be EXTREMELY detrimental when seeking careers later in life. just think you are going in for some Federal Job Interview, and you have ANIMAL tattood on your face. As someone who does the interviews and hiring for staff.....you wouldnt last 5 seconds in my office.

don't get me wrong, i have 18 tattoos. just be smart about where it is placed is all i'm sayin...

You misunderstand. I said under your bottom lip, as in inside your mouth. I know a few guys with this, and unless they show you you can't see it.

ghost
06-07-12, 2:34 pm
You misunderstand. I said under your bottom lip, as in inside your mouth. I know a few guys with this, and unless they show you you can't see it.

ah.... so a tattoo on your INNER lip. not under. still a horrible idea. that would fucking HURT...and your lower lip would be swollen for a bit while it healed up. try explaining that one to your CO. hahaha.

Joe J
06-07-12, 2:59 pm
ah.... so a tattoo on your INNER lip. not under. still a horrible idea. that would fucking HURT...and your lower lip would be swollen for a bit while it healed up. try explaining that one to your CO. hahaha.

Apparently it really doesn't hurt at all compared with other parts of the body. Dead center of the chest was the worst for me - that shit hurt

rbowman91
06-07-12, 4:04 pm
The best tattoo advice I ever got (and I did get my ink after hearing this):

Nobody can decide for you. You're the one who's gonna have it forever, so here's a good way to find out if its right for you.

Print out or draw a pic of the tat you want. Then, tape it to your wall in your bedroom, or bathroom mirror. Somewhere that you will see it every day. Over time, youll keep seeing it and if you get sick of seeing it eventually, its probably not the tat for you. If it makes you want it even more, then you're probably on the right track.

tark
06-07-12, 4:29 pm
id say go for it mark! im with some of these guys tho why wait till you hit a goal just get it now so everytime you look in the mirror you will always see it and be reminded of what your working toward!

P Diesel
06-07-12, 9:32 pm

yo ghost, whats good brotha ... i have the inside of my mouth done .. doesnt hurt a bit and heals over night

P

P Diesel
06-07-12, 9:34 pm
Trebin, stop bein a puss!! i say full chest rocker like i mentioned before. that or be gangster and go wit it on ur lower abs bro. THUG LIFE. dnt get it on ur calf, i keep sayin if it means that much to u make it visible dude, make a statement. ur a large guy sum lil animal on ur calf doesnt cut it. bang that shit proudly ANIMAL, shoulder to shoulder :) seriously

P

P Diesel
06-07-12, 9:40 pm
as a matter of fact, im speaking from experience

Sacrifice. I have the word carved into my chest, indelibly ingrained in my skin and etched into my soul. As blood flows through my veins, with every beat of my heart it speaks to me. The first and last thing i see every day, the beginning and the end. A constant reminder that stares me in the face at every turn in life. Representative of what i've given up, of what i've lost.

P

PITBULL
06-08-12, 2:27 am
trebin, stop bein a puss!! I say full chest rocker like i mentioned before. That or be gangster and go wit it on ur lower abs bro. Thug life. Dnt get it on ur calf, i keep sayin if it means that much to u make it visible dude, make a statement. Ur a large guy sum lil animal on ur calf doesnt cut it. Bang that shit proudly animal, shoulder to shoulder :) seriously

p

agree!!!

kcburrows
06-08-12, 8:00 am
I think the A would look sick on a forearm tat...only dilema is how to get it. if i put it right side up, it looks upsidedown on stage hitting a front double bicep pose. If i flip it around so that its right side up on stage then i walk around the rest of the yr with it upside down...may have to go with a new idea!

Joe J
06-08-12, 11:54 am
I think the A would look sick on a forearm tat...only dilema is how to get it. if i put it right side up, it looks upsidedown on stage hitting a front double bicep pose. If i flip it around so that its right side up on stage then i walk around the rest of the yr with it upside down...may have to go with a new idea!

More than likely it won't be visible on stage.

Kowboy
06-08-12, 9:35 pm
Anyone know what font Animal. is in? I am thinking about printing it off and wearing it in a couple places.

Kowboy
06-08-12, 9:37 pm
Trebin, stop bein a puss!! i say full chest rocker like i mentioned before. that or be gangster and go wit it on ur lower abs bro. THUG LIFE. dnt get it on ur calf, i keep sayin if it means that much to u make it visible dude, make a statement. ur a large guy sum lil animal on ur calf doesnt cut it. bang that shit proudly ANIMAL, shoulder to shoulder :) seriously

P

I def can't go shoulder to shoulder, I am thinking of a couple spots and I am hoping to try it out. Ran it by the wife, she is in to tats and she said go for it. I don't know when I will have the cash but I just dont know. Maybe after my surgery I could always have it running beside the huge ass scar that is going to be there.

Wycked
06-09-12, 12:20 am

Well said my man. Life is short and u may find yourself waiting for a day that never comes. If u want something grab it while u can

Vaze_06
06-09-12, 12:45 am
the A, hip level. if a girl has the balls to do it, well u have no valid excuses not to do it lol
tho i dont think it needs to be ''clearly visible''. its a personal's choice. except from here, only my dad and closest friends know i have done it. i have my reasons for doing it. not something i wanna share or show to everyone.
your call, bottom line is u have to be happy and no regrets :)

GUNS
06-09-12, 5:17 am
Well said my man. Life is short and u may find yourself waiting for a day that never comes. If u want something grab it while u can

Thanks Mike! There is only one now, and tomorrow it will be history!