PDA

View Full Version : Advice from experts

chaddybrown
06-12-12, 7:51 am
Hi Guys.

Looking to start my cutting regime this coming Monday. Just need to put a few things in prospective.
Im going to use animal cuts, heard good things about it. What should i use in conjunction with this for best results ? I know a few people use specific wheys. I already possess impact whey from (myprotein)stats look like this
Nutritional Information
Per 25g:
Energy: 98.3Kcal
Energy: 414.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 20.5g
Protein (as-is): 19.6g
Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrates: 1.5g
Calcium: 125.0mg
Cholesterol: 0.5mg

will this suffice ?

Currently i workout 5 times a week:
chest
tri's - bi's
back
shoulders
legs

Minimal cardio.
I understand im going to have to up my cardio for optimum results. Is HIIT recommended ?

I'm 5"9 around 155lbs. Going for that serious etched look and loosing the little baby fat.
My diet is pretty good, but could do with some advice on it also.

I have no set regime but it consists of 1600 -1800 cals a day includes these foods:
Eggs
Oats
Rice
Tuna
Steak,Beef,Chicken
Loads of veg

Really i think i just need some advice around, the animal cuts and taking them with whatever for best results, My diet and gym regime?

Thanks in advance.

Appreciate it.

PS. i currently do 3-5 sets of everything to max. Is it best to lift big on cutting cycle or low weight high reps ?

World Eater
06-12-12, 1:01 pm
Mind sharing your current workout schedule?

IMO the type of protein doesn't really matter as long as it's not some super shitty brand. The one you use (though we're not allowed to discuss other brands here, this being the Animal/Universal place and all) has a pretty decent reputation as far as I know.

As for diet I'm no expert but you'd probably be better off regulating it a bit more.

chaddybrown
06-13-12, 3:23 am
Mind sharing your current workout schedule?

IMO the type of protein doesn't really matter as long as it's not some super shitty brand. The one you use (though we're not allowed to discuss other brands here, this being the Animal/Universal place and all) has a pretty decent reputation as far as I know.

As for diet I'm no expert but you'd probably be better off regulating it a bit more.

Apologies ill remove the brand name.
Workout varies, i hate getting the gym not being able to lift more - but being too comfortable with the weight.

I've been doing 5x5 - couple of kilos lighter than my one rep max.
Monday - Chest
Tues - Bis - tris
weds- back
thurs - abbs
fri - shoulders

Try and mix cardio in where applicable. Routine is hard to list, as i do different exercises each time round, try and keep things mixed up.
I suppose what i wanna establish is, do ineed to be lifting big 5sets of 5 or competent weight 3 sets 8-12 reps ? to really gain that toned-cut defined look ?

Thanks in advance.

Wycked
06-13-12, 3:45 am
Apologies ill remove the brand name.
Workout varies, i hate getting the gym not being able to lift more - but being too comfortable with the weight.

I've been doing 5x5 - couple of kilos lighter than my one rep max.
Monday - Chest
Tues - Bis - tris
weds- back
thurs - abbs
fri - shoulders

Try and mix cardio in where applicable. Routine is hard to list, as i do different exercises each time round, try and keep things mixed up.
I suppose what i wanna establish is, do ineed to be lifting big 5sets of 5 or competent weight 3 sets 8-12 reps ? to really gain that toned-cut defined look ?

Thanks in advance.
I'm Anxious just reading all that lol. Here's he key. Train hard. Eat as much as possible and supplements need to be on point.

PORTERHOUSE
06-13-12, 8:43 am
IMO, you should save the fat burners for the very end of your cut. You need to learn to diet down by yourself first, then add them in to finish it off. You don't want fat burners to become a crutch. I don't even use fat burners anymore and I get down 3-4%, although I still always have a can of cuts in storage in case I want to really dry out.

Some guys love HIIT, others not so much. I can do HIIT if im gaining, but the less calories im running on, the more it drains me, to the point that I just can't do it while cutting anymore. I prefer steady state, low intensity cardio for cutting. Heart rate btw 120-130, usually 30-45 min sessions at a time.

Aggression
06-13-12, 8:56 am
IMO, you should save the fat burners for the very end of your cut. You need to learn to diet down by yourself first, then add them in to finish it off. You don't want fat burners to become a crutch. Some guys love HIIT, others not so much.

In 100% agreement with PH ^^

I have no set regime but it consists of 1600 -1800 cals a day includes these foods:
Eggs
Oats
Rice
Tuna
Steak,Beef,Chicken
Loads of veg

PS. i currently do 3-5 sets of everything to max. Is it best to lift big on cutting cycle or low weight high reps ?

For one, having 'no set regime' needs to change. You need to set up a legit meal plan and stick to it. Just going on a whim won't get you the results you want. As for training, don't do everything to max. Going for a max every day of the week will lead to nothing but injury and no progress. Stick with reps between 6-12 for best results. There is no 'bulking program' or 'cutting program'. When going from bulking to cutting, the only things that change are diet and the addition (or increase) in cardio. Low weight/high reps will do nothing but eat away at muscle.

mcbeast
06-13-12, 10:55 am
Am I the only one catching on the " 5'9" 155 pounds". You have to have mass to sculpt my friend. Fuck the diet, and throw some burgers on the grill. Wash it down with some fries & a milkshake!

MOMENTUM
06-13-12, 8:50 pm
Am I the only one catching on the " 5'9" 155 pounds". You have to have mass to sculpt my friend. Fuck the diet, and throw some burgers on the grill. Wash it down with some fries & a milkshake!

LoL! Thank you! I was wondering the same myself....