PDA

View Full Version : Basic Diet

Kingslayer
06-14-12, 4:17 am
Here's my diet...I'm not really looking to cut or bulk or anything specific just to eat a little cleaner.

8AM
3 eggs whites, 2 eggs mixed in spinach and tomatoes
2 slices whole grain bread
1 glass of milk

11AM
2 scoops whey mixed in water
Plain greek yogurt mixed with oats

130PM
2 chicken breasts
1 cup brown rice
2 cup steamed veggies

4PM
1 scoop whey mixed in water
Large apple or banana

630PM
Same as lunch minus the rice
Sometimes I'll sub a salad with light dressing
Maybe a steak or some fish if I'm feeling fancy usually chicken

9PM
Plain greek yogurt
Handful of unsalted peanuts

I drink about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water everyday. I'm just looking to drop weight and I think despite eating a whole lot cleaner, I've cut diet soda's and beer and snacks all together. I'll try this for about 6 weeks. My training split is 3 weeks of high rep moderate weight workouts and then a week of heavy low rep strength stuff. Cardio about 30min/day post workout sometimes I'll skip it and do my cardio between 630-9 push that last 9PM meal back or just take it out completely. I mix it up to keep the body shocked and the mind focused. Any thoughts on this diet would be appreciated. It's pretty basic and super cheap when I grocery shop. Thanks bros.

Tiger
06-14-12, 4:55 am
Here's my diet...I'm not really looking to cut or bulk or anything specific just to eat a little cleaner.

I'm just looking to drop weight

I mix it up to keep the body shocked and the mind focused.

I think this right here is the main bit to worry about - I don't think you really know what you're trying to achieve. What's your goal?

You say you're not looking to cut or bulk, but you'd like to drop weight... :S You're mixing it up for definite, but I don't think you're that focused ;) Haha.

Diet doesn't look bad (looks clean like you wanted), but it depends on how much you weigh and bf%... Might not be enough food, might be too much... Hard to tell without knowing that.