PDA

View Full Version : Logical post debate

Carrnage
06-19-12, 1:40 am
Why is it whenever I post a logical post, I get "attacked" for it? I don't even say "YOU HAVE TO DO IT BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY WAY AND THE RIGHT WAY".....I just kindly give a logical explanation on how the human body functions and since its typically not information you would hear about it, people look at it as being "fancy", or "scientific".....its neither!

I mean, we all know carbohydrates can be used for energy right? Thats how the human body does it! (think of all my so called "logical" post like this)

See my point? (yet? I hope? no? Oh ok.)

Solid Dreams
06-19-12, 2:21 am
It's because every post you make, including this one, sounds like you're trolling the hell out of people. Or you may not say "its the only way to do it" but you sure as hell imply it.

greatkeen
06-19-12, 6:18 am
Why is it whenever I post a logical post, I get "attacked" for it? I don't even say "YOU HAVE TO DO IT BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY WAY AND THE RIGHT WAY".....I just kindly give a logical explanation on how the human body functions and since its typically not information you would hear about it, people look at it as being "fancy", or "scientific".....its neither!

I mean, we all know carbohydrates can be used for energy right? Thats how the human body does it! (think of all my so called "logical" post like this)

ooohhhh boyyy....i had to actually read it twice to blv what i was reading...haha...

let's continue here...no worrying of derailing any threads here..right?

Kowboy
06-19-12, 7:43 am
I am going to give you a hug because that is the kind of guy I am lol. How goes it Carrnage?

Joe J
06-19-12, 8:19 am
I don't think any time you post a logical post people get frustrated at all. The only time I see people become frustrated with you is when you hold a 'my way or the highway' opinion or use phrases like 'carrnage approved' or reply to posts with 'LOL'.

Anyway, I don't think there was any need to open a thread about this, if somebody is 'attacking' you on the forvm take it up with a Watchman.

Bruiser
06-19-12, 8:42 am
Uh oh. Beowulf was getting too much attention so Carrnage had to start a thread too...

Aggression
06-19-12, 8:46 am
Or you may not say "its the only way to do it" but you sure as hell imply it.

Carrnage. We've been over this, my man. And Solid Dreams hit the nail on the head with the above post. If you have anymore questions, send me a PM. If this thread continues, I will shut it down.

Beowulf
06-19-12, 9:08 am

The last few days have reminded me of this: That while we often think we are logical in our thinking, others may think the exact opposite. Just because your logic seems, well, logical in your own mind, doesn't make it so. Look at my signature. We all make the same mistakes. Still, I'm not saying you're wrong. What I've also been reminded of is that if you're not popular, if you present differing ideas, then many will mock you.

What is your background anyway? Are you a scientist? A physician? A biologist? Nutritionist? What gives you the expertise to talk about anatomy, physiology and nutrition? You stayed at a Holiday Inn once? Too many with an internet connection think they know a lot. Frankly, they don't. Now I'm not saying this about you--I'm just curious what your background is.

Uh oh. Beowulf was getting too much attention so Carrnage had to start a thread too...

Lol, Bruiser. If you were a Watchmen, I'd begin to cry.

Kowboy
06-19-12, 9:20 am
If bruiser was a watchmen it would be like crossing streams....could get ugly. Albeit straight up fucking entertaining and hilarious at the same time.

Beowulf
06-19-12, 9:21 am
If bruiser was a watchmen it would be like crossing streams....could get ugly. Albeit straight up fucking entertaining and hilarious at the same time.

Bruiser a Watchman? He'd get my vote!

Aggression
06-19-12, 9:21 am
If bruiser was a watchmen it would be like crossing streams....could get ugly.

http://youtu.be/jyaLZHiJJnE

Bruiser
06-19-12, 9:49 am
Lol, Bruiser. If you were a Watchmen, I'd begin to cry.

Bruiser a Watchman? He'd get my vote!

I'm game if they got the balls to make me one...

Tiger
06-19-12, 10:06 am
Am I actually the only one who quite likes "Carrnage Approved!" ???

I honestly think the biggest problem is tone - or lack of tone - that there is on internet Forums. I mean, I've generally got a "voice" for each member who posts. Not that I have a clue what their intended tone was - I just add it myself, because all we have are words/sentences/paragraphs/memes/Ghostbusters.

So, if you already have a negative opinion of Carrnage then he comes across as a knowitall before you've even read his entire post.

Whereas, I generally have Carrnage's voice in my head a little tongue-in-cheek... Maybe I'm wrong. Only Carrnage really knows.

If you only take 1 thing from this post, then let it be this:

BRUISER FOR WATCHMEN!

Kowboy
06-19-12, 10:11 am
My voice is similar to that of Mike Tyson. Even if it isn't now that is all you will hear when you read my posts :)

Bruiser
06-19-12, 10:28 am
I honestly think the biggest problem is tone - or lack of tone - that there is on internet Forums. I mean, I've generally got a "voice" for each member who posts. Not that I have a clue what their intended tone was - I just add it myself, because all we have are words/sentences/paragraphs/memes/Ghostbusters.

BRUISER FOR WATCHMEN!

Thanks for the endorsement my twisted Scottish brother! But I swear that if you hear Bill Murray's voice for me... I'm gonna come over there and turn you into haggis! Lol.

My voice is similar to that of Mike Tyson. Even if it isn't now that is all you will hear when you read my posts :)

When I think of you Nibs, I hear a castrated Mike Tyson with a hairlip and a sinus infection... Lol.

NJC_Manhattan
06-19-12, 10:32 am
I've silently read a bunch of Carny's posts and I think the guy is just trying to help. Sure the info is presented cut-n-dry, but at the end of the day the guy's heart is in the right place.

I'm sure in some cases some people have done the opposite of Carny's suggestions and gotten desired results. Does that discount Carny's advice? No. I think the guy is just trying to add value to the bodybuilding canon, not take away from it.

In other news, when is U Mad Brah going to be made a watchman/henchman/supreme ruler of the Forvm?

Kowboy
06-19-12, 10:38 am
Thanks for the endorsement my twisted Scottish brother! But I swear that if you hear Bill Murray's voice for me... I'm gonna come over there and turn you into haggis! Lol.

When I think of you Nibs, I hear a castrated Mike Tyson with a hairlip and a sinus infection... Lol.

I even speak in Ebonics most of the time.

Beowulf
06-19-12, 10:47 am
Am I actually the only one who quite likes "Carrnage Approved!" ???

So, if you already have a negative opinion of Carrnage then he comes across as a knowitall before you've even read his entire post.

Whereas, I generally have Carrnage's voice in my head a little tongue-in-cheek... Maybe I'm wrong. Only Carrnage really knows.

BRUISER FOR WATCHMEN!

I've silently read a bunch of Carny's posts and I think the guy is just trying to help. Sure the info is presented cut-n-dry, but at the end of the day the guy's heart is in the right place.

I'm sure in some cases some people have done the opposite of Carny's suggestions and gotten desired results. Does that discount Carny's advice? No. I think the guy is just trying to add value to the bodybuilding canon, not take away from it.

In other news, when is U Mad Brah going to be made a watchman/henchman/supreme ruler of the Forvm?

I do think like Carrnage likes to have a little fun. So at times, it can be difficult to tell when he's being sincere. When he tries to help though, I do think it's sincere. To be really useful though, one has to be aware of one's own limitations.

U Mad Brah. He'd also get my vote. Now I'm thinking of Napolean Dynamite, lol. "Vote for U Mad Brah!"

PORTERHOUSE
06-19-12, 11:25 am
I think we should just give him the silent treatment and stop falling into this shit. This thread is never going to solve anything, why waste the time talking with him about it?

Beowulf
06-19-12, 12:24 pm
I think we should just give him the silent treatment and stop falling into this shit. This thread is never going to solve anything, why waste the time talking with him about it?

That's what people are saying should be done with me:-(

C.Coronato
06-19-12, 4:25 pm
This thread will be closed.

4) On Talking Shit & Airing Dirty Laundry...
Life is full of discord. In this game too, there's a lot that stands between you and your destiny. To move mountains, we need dynamite. But let's leave the TNT for busting up rock and iron. In here, we don't want short fuses or hot tempers. So you got a beef with someone's ideas or posts? Good. We like that. But debate the merits of the argument. Discuss the issues that are presented--respectfully and with civility. That's what we expect. We want members talking up the issues, not talking down other members. If you can't do that or don't know the difference between the member and his arguments, then move on. As the saying goes, if you got nothing good to say, don't say it. Don't talk shit. Nobody wants to see that. This ain't elementary school. If you have to, take it to PMs and resolve it peacefully, mano a mano. If you still can't, then you take it up with a Henchman, or if that doesn't work, a Watchman. Under no circumstances will we tolerate the bullshit found elsewhere. Transgressions may result in bans. So act like adults, not children. Respect, cooperation--these are the cornerstones of this place. Do not forget that you are a member of The FORVM, and counted among The Legion... Therefore, we fully expect you to stand tall and rise above the mud and muck. Handle the problem, in private. If you can't, we'll handle it for you...