PDA

View Full Version : Spray it on

Cellardweller
06-21-12, 11:49 am
For some reason I couldn't stop myself from watching this. I know they've been doing this in films for awhile now (300 anyone?) but find it kind of disturbing that regular folks might start doing this too.

http://screen.yahoo.com/one-of-hollywood-s-best-kept-secrets-29722727.html

Thoughts???

World Eater
06-21-12, 1:20 pm
So it's like a super spray-tan? Dunno, never been a fan of tans and that sorta stuff... Reminds me of that guy that got ab implants, haha.

Bruiser
06-21-12, 2:16 pm
You wanna see one that's even worse? Look up "abdominal etching". Another new fad! Wtf?!

Beowulf
06-21-12, 3:30 pm
For some reason I couldn't stop myself from watching this. I know they've been doing this in films for awhile now (300 anyone?) but find it kind of disturbing that regular folks might start doing this too.

http://screen.yahoo.com/one-of-hollywood-s-best-kept-secrets-29722727.html

Thoughts???

So it's like a super spray-tan? Dunno, never been a fan of tans and that sorta stuff... Reminds me of that guy that got ab implants, haha.

You wanna see one that's even worse? Look up "abdominal etching". Another new fad! Wtf?!

Why is it "disturbing"? That "regular folks" might be doing this? Is it OK only when celebrities do it? I'm not sure I understand your point.

Ab implants, ass implants, pec implants--I see this more akin to women wearing cosmetics like lipstick and whatnot. Women use cosmetics to look good, more "feminine". Is it a far cry for regular guys to do this for the beach to look more "manly"?

Abdominal etching?

Cellardweller
06-21-12, 5:53 pm
I can understand celebs doing it for a film or photo shoot, but feel it's kind of bizzare for the beach or something. Is it allowed on stage? Its just a spray tan.

JasonG
06-21-12, 6:28 pm
The only time it bothers me is when they do it for supplement ads. To me that is deceitful. Other than that, who cares?

Cellardweller
06-21-12, 7:23 pm
What about on the stage? How would you feel if you noticed the male and female models at the Arnold were "air brushed?" I admit, my initial reaction was off. It would actually be pretty funny to go to a wedding and discover someone got their breasts enhanced by a spray tan or something.

JasonG
06-22-12, 12:03 am
What about on the stage? How would you feel if you noticed the male and female models at the Arnold were "air brushed?" I admit, my initial reaction was off. It would actually be pretty funny to go to a wedding and discover someone got their breasts enhanced by a spray tan or something.

Well that would be cheating wouldn't it? I think I would laugh if I saw that on a beach or something though.

B.S.
06-22-12, 1:03 am
i would like to hear from a competitor if this is allowed. i browsed some rules, got nothing. seems like this would be one of those loophole things however with the eye of some ifbb judges i think they would know.

N. Motta
06-22-12, 1:28 am
I can't imagine it would make a difference on stage. Those lights are so damn bright, especially at the big shows. Any gimmick like that is going to be washed out. Or covered up by bronzer.

Beowulf
06-22-12, 9:19 am
I can understand celebs doing it for a film or photo shoot, but feel it's kind of bizzare for the beach or something. Is it allowed on stage? Its just a spray tan.

I think it would be bizarre because we're not used to it. But if 90% of the people did this, then not really. What's wrong with people wanting to look better on the beach? Is is the idea that this is a shortcut?

The only time it bothers me is when they do it for supplement ads. To me that is deceitful. Other than that, who cares?

There are far worse things in supplement ads than airbrushed abs.

Well that would be cheating wouldn't it? I think I would laugh if I saw that on a beach or something though.

Right. Not like steroids or implants or synthol and everything else. Are these "cheating"? See it all depends on who you ask.