PDA

View Full Version : Journey to The Southern States

JWBodybuilding
06-24-12, 8:39 pm
As some of you guys out there may know, the Southern States Classic is one of the biggest NPC shows of the year in Florida. And as of last week I began my journey to compete at next years competition. I was on track to compete this year, but due to some issues I was unable. But, shit happens and now I'm getting ready to come back bigger and better next year. So this is my journey 12 months of training 12 months of dieting all for two days, my first competition. Here we go Southern States 2013!!

tark
06-24-12, 9:26 pm
hope you dont mind but im tagging along....cant wait to see what the next year has in store for you brother

JWBodybuilding
06-24-12, 11:14 pm
hope you dont mind but im tagging along....cant wait to see what the next year has in store for you brother

Thanks bro any support is welcome I got a lot planned!

JWBodybuilding
06-25-12, 6:48 pm
So today was overall a pretty good day both training and nutrition wise. After downing my breakfast I took a minute and actually planned out my diet because, let's face it, without an actual plan we're all just running around doing whatever the fuck we want. First, I calculated my BMR then using that I figured out what my caloric intake should be, and then added 1000 because I'm 17 and my metabolism is fast as shit. After that I planned accordingly with shakes and everything included. Not bad for a teen huh? Anyways, after all that it was time to go to work. Luckily, I work where I work out so when my motivation hit me I hit legs. Today's workout was intense thanks to a sample of Rage that I picked up. We didnt do anything really fancy leg extensions, squats, leg presses, stiff legged deads and lying leg curls. After my workout was over I went into the posing room with my training partner and coach. We unanimously agreed that I'm looking a lot fuller now that I'm getting a sufficient amount of carbs which is good, but I really need to work on bringing up my hams calves and the medial head of my delts. All in all today really got me excited for July I'm feeling it this is where the work gets done.

tark
06-25-12, 9:24 pm
So today was overall a pretty good day both training and nutrition wise. After downing my breakfast I took a minute and actually planned out my diet because, let's face it, without an actual plan we're all just running around doing whatever the fuck we want. First, I calculated my BMR then using that I figured out what my caloric intake should be, and then added 1000 because I'm 17 and my metabolism is fast as shit. After that I planned accordingly with shakes and everything included. Not bad for a teen huh? Anyways, after all that it was time to go to work. Luckily, I work where I work out so when my motivation hit me I hit legs. Today's workout was intense thanks to a sample of Rage that I picked up. We didnt do anything really fancy leg extensions, squats, leg presses, stiff legged deads and lying leg curls. After my workout was over I went into the posing room with my training partner and coach. We unanimously agreed that I'm looking a lot fuller now that I'm getting a sufficient amount of carbs which is good, but I really need to work on bringing up my hams calves and the medial head of my delts. All in all today really got me excited for July I'm feeling it this is where the work gets done.

what are you sitting at weight wise? and damn 17? your gettin an early jump in this game homie! good shit on the leg day too!!

C.Coronato
06-26-12, 8:50 am
17 with your head on strait. Sounds like you are on your way bro. How is the diet looking?

JWBodybuilding
06-26-12, 11:56 am
17 with your head on strait. Sounds like you are on your way bro. How is the diet looking?

Thanks man i try. The diets looking good getting in about 4000-4500 calories it's a little tough to get it all in clean but I'm making due I'll post my full diet later today with my shoulder workout.

JWBodybuilding
06-26-12, 11:57 am
what are you sitting at weight wise? and damn 17? your gettin an early jump in this game homie! good shit on the leg day too!!

Thanks bro I'm sitting at about 166-167 trying to get up to the 170s by the end of July

TufffGuY
06-26-12, 12:05 pm
Thanks bro I'm sitting at about 166-167 trying to get up to the 170s by the end of July

I'm glad your starting early building that foundation is going to go a long way in the futre. I bet you half these older gys out there would kill to go back in time and have all the support and knowledge that kids your age have now. Good luck brother, all I can say is if your going to do this show don't stress yourself out to much your young and you need to foucs on packing on that mass. One thing I would suggest is after doing this you straight bulk for 1-2 years since your so young your not gonna have to worry about fat just remember Red meat, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Potatoes, Rice, Oatmeal, Fruit Veggies. Calorie dense food is what your after.

tark
06-26-12, 8:20 pm
I'm glad your starting early building that foundation is going to go a long way in the futre. I bet you half these older gys out there would kill to go back in time and have all the support and knowledge that kids your age have now. Good luck brother, all I can say is if your going to do this show don't stress yourself out to much your young and you need to foucs on packing on that mass. One thing I would suggest is after doing this you straight bulk for 1-2 years since your so young your not gonna have to worry about fat just remember Red meat, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Potatoes, Rice, Oatmeal, Fruit Veggies. Calorie dense food is what your after.

he speaks the truth brother......i wish i had the drive/motivation i do now back when i was 16/17.....id be a lot better off now...170 by the end of july tho you got that bro! looking forward to checking out your diet

JWBodybuilding
06-26-12, 10:40 pm
So today, against my will, coach told me to take the day off after the workout we had yesterday. Rest days are especially hard since on my rest days I'm scheduled for twice as long just watching other people workout out. Coach say it's my "motivation time". Anyways, I've decided to take this time and lay out what my diet is looking like now. Keep in mind, money has been a little short lately so I won't get my supplement stack until tomorrow. So without further adeu here is my diet:
Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup Ezekiel Cereal, 1 Large Apple, 10oz whole milk
Meal 2: 2 six ounce turkey burgers with two slices turkey bacon on whole wheat buns with BBQ sauce, spinach
Meal 3 (pre workout): 2 Medium Apples, 1 protein shake with 5 grams creatine and 5 grams Glutamine
Meal 4 (post workout): 1 protein shake with macadamia nut oil in whole milk
Meal 5: 150 grams pasts, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, 12 oz grilled chicken, un-measured spinach salad
Meal 6: 12 oz steak, 10-12 oz sweet potato, unlimited spinach salad, 1 Large Apple
Meal 7 (before bed): 10-12 oz talapia, 1 cup oatmeal with honey.

So, there ya have it keep in mind I designed this myself so it may not be perfect I still need some help so any suggestions are always very welcome. I'm trying to pack on as much size as possible. I'm not really worried about fat being put on because, in my experience I cut fat pretty easily. So, again any suggestions are welcome. Tomorrow's back and shoulders. Let's get it!

JWBodybuilding
07-02-12, 8:38 am
Alright so the first week of my journey is over. I feel good coming out, not too bloated or sluggish so I know I'm digesting everything pretty well. Another good sign is my strength is coming back to where it used to be and even further! Another good sign was my shipment of supplements came in. My stack is nothing special just Stak, M-Stak, and PM oh and of course Pak. But, other than a couple missed meals due to work this week was a great standard setter for the rest of the year! Big things to come for 2013 here we go!

JWBodybuilding
08-14-12, 4:26 pm
Hey everyone,
I know it's been a minute since my last post. Had a couple of family emergencies and shit which, made it hard to post every day like i would like to. However, I'm back now so here we go. My gym closed down for a week (I wasn't the only one having problems) So, my training partner and I went around and took advantage of the free day passes. We "just moved and were looking for a gym" bullshit, but it got us in. Anyways, after my week of backpacking I've started to gain some more size. I'm currently sitting at about 171 to 172. My diet hasn't been spotless but for the most part I've been clean. FINALLY got my STAK and M-STAK back which i think is really helping me. NOw, I'm off to train delts. I'll try to post more tomorrow or tonight if I can. Peace.
-J-

tark
08-14-12, 8:50 pm
Hey everyone,
I know it's been a minute since my last post. Had a couple of family emergencies and shit which, made it hard to post every day like i would like to. However, I'm back now so here we go. My gym closed down for a week (I wasn't the only one having problems) So, my training partner and I went around and took advantage of the free day passes. We "just moved and were looking for a gym" bullshit, but it got us in. Anyways, after my week of backpacking I've started to gain some more size. I'm currently sitting at about 171 to 172. My diet hasn't been spotless but for the most part I've been clean. FINALLY got my STAK and M-STAK back which i think is really helping me. NOw, I'm off to train delts. I'll try to post more tomorrow or tonight if I can. Peace.
-J-

glad to have you back brother....dont worry about the posts man gotta take care of business first and foremost....looking forward to seein ya back in here on the regular