PDA

View Full Version : how long same routine??

Juniiito
06-26-12, 8:46 am
For how long can I be doing same routine?... The matter is that I change my routine every 2 months... What you say?...

Aggression
06-26-12, 9:05 am
Who says you HAVE to change it?

MRmichael.hooker
06-26-12, 9:08 am
until you stop getting results. 1 month, 1 year, w/e. Remember, might not be the routine thats making your gains stop. Could be diet and/or rest. If a routine is working, keep rockin it. Maybe every 4 or 5 weeks do a week of something completely different, so you don't get bored. But otherwise, keep at it

Juniiito
06-26-12, 10:05 am
Who says you HAVE to change it?

I think if I change my routine ill break tissues from different angles... Or might if I just keep adding weight ill break more and more ?

Aggression
06-26-12, 10:31 am
I think if I change my routine ill break tissues from different angles... Or might if I just keep adding weight ill break more and more ?

If a routine is working, there's no reason to change it. Change for the sake of change isn't always a good idea. When bodybuilding, I did the same split for years. It was always one body part per day, training 4-5x per week. But the exercises were never the same. Week 1 may be incline barbell, flat machine press, incline fly, cable crosses. Week 2 may be incline hammer press, flat dumbbell press, decline fly, dips. Personally, I don't think anyone should go in there week after week and hit the same exact movements. Guys like Ronnie Coleman trained the same way for his entire Olympia reign. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

MELTDOWN
06-26-12, 10:11 pm
If a routine is working, there's no reason to change it. Change for the sake of change isn't always a good idea. When bodybuilding, I did the same split for years. It was always one body part per day, training 4-5x per week. But the exercises were never the same. Week 1 may be incline barbell, flat machine press, incline fly, cable crosses. Week 2 may be incline hammer press, flat dumbbell press, decline fly, dips. Personally, I don't think anyone should go in there week after week and hit the same exact movements. Guys like Ronnie Coleman trained the same way for his entire Olympia reign. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

well spoken.... learn to learn your body. if a routine or exercise works, do it and do it well. if not, switch it up. but you gotta give it time and see if it works or not.... could be weeks, months, and like A said...years....

Joe J
06-27-12, 6:51 am
Since finding my current routine around a year ago, I haven't changed it cause its working. There is no point changing a routine if it is working, plus keeping the same routine allows you to track progress on all your lifts easier.

GUNS
06-27-12, 7:24 am
If a routine is working, there's no reason to change it. Change for the sake of change isn't always a good idea. When bodybuilding, I did the same split for years. It was always one body part per day, training 4-5x per week. But the exercises were never the same. Week 1 may be incline barbell, flat machine press, incline fly, cable crosses. Week 2 may be incline hammer press, flat dumbbell press, decline fly, dips. Personally, I don't think anyone should go in there week after week and hit the same exact movements. Guys like Ronnie Coleman trained the same way for his entire Olympia reign. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.This is exactly how I have been doing it for a while. I just keep a heavy compound movement at the front, then I hit up different exercises than I did last week. So the training split is still the same, but like aggression said, I dont know what Im doing as far as exercises till I get in there. Been doing this for a long time with very few breaks from it.

C.Coronato
06-27-12, 9:52 am
I stuck with my same routine for years. Same days i trained the same body parts. I kept growing, so I never changed. Now we generally change my exercises every week. We will know what we are doing that day, just change the order, sets, reps, ect.

Juniiito
06-27-12, 9:38 pm

Thanks man, so ill just keep changing the excersices and nothing else... Thanksss