PDA

View Full Version : Workout Bench

jth
06-26-12, 5:58 pm
Hey all,

I train at home, and I'm looking to upgrade my current Weider bench which is now third-hand & very well worn!, and wondered whether anyone has any good suggestions of brands or even particular models for me to look at please. By the way I hope I have selected the appropriate section for this post.. if not mods my apologies & please move if required.

I am looking for a bench with multi-position adjustable decline to incline back, bench & squat capability, with leg curl & preacher curl.
I know there is a lot of junk out there and I am of course trying to avoid it by getting the valued opinions of you guys!
I am restricted to benches without pulldown functionality, or racks, as I train in my cellar that has very low head height unfortunately.

Here's just an example of the sort of thing I was looking at....
http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf353-olympic-competitor-bench.php

My budget is circa £350 / $500.

Appreciate any advice you can offer.

Grue
06-28-12, 5:44 am
Man, that is my dream one day.
To own my own house with a garage, so that I can build my own gym.
That will be the best thing ever to have my own gym in the backyard.

BigChrisF
06-29-12, 1:08 am
I'm not sure you can get all those things for that price and have it not be a piece of shit. If you copy a design you like and draw up some plans, a local fabrication shop might be able to build you a sturdy one for around that.

jth
07-02-12, 5:42 pm
Yeah that's what I'm mindful of. I think I'm gonna save a little more, & go for the Powertec Olympic bench with the relevant optional attachments. Should be around £550 total.
Anyone have any experience of this particular bench?