PDA

View Full Version : LOL I ate so much today and still only totaled 2700 cals..

braves561
06-26-12, 9:02 pm
I don't see how people can eat 4000-5000 calories a day. I do IF so I eat between 12 pm and 8 pm each day then fast. I ate this today:

1st meal

4 ounce grilled chicken
1 cup of kraft spider man macaroni and cheese

2nd meal

1/2 cup oats
1.5 scoops whey
1/2 cup blueberries
1 individual bag of baked cheetos

3rd meal

2 crunchy homemade tacos with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese total and I used 80% ground beef that I rinsed and washed to make it 93% or leaner
1/2 cup peaches
handful of romaine lettuce

4th meal

1/4th of a homemade pepperoni pizza
2 cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts

Macro total for the day:

drum roll.....

CALS: 2668
CARB: 313
FAT: 78
PRO: 176

So, I nailed my macros for the day and still ate relatively "healthy" and ate foods I enjoy. I am so stuffed right now that I feel like puking.

MELTDOWN
06-26-12, 9:58 pm
my old best-est friend is now
... http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Eat/Articles/Pack-On-Weight-For-Less-Than-10-A-Day

B.S.
06-26-12, 10:35 pm
i would still be so hungry lol

N. Motta
06-26-12, 10:49 pm
No offense bro, but that's not that much food. But if it's an increase for you and your goal is to gain, then you're prob on the right track.

Joe J
06-27-12, 6:55 am
Bro, that really is not a lot of food. I'm 18 years old, 191lbs and I get through 5000cals on my high carb days and am still left hungry. I've had some cheat days where I've easily ate over 1000g carbs. Eat up man!!!!

rainman
06-27-12, 1:19 pm

I don't think I've ever seen this listed in a diet plan. Good work.

I'd switch out the pizza for some type of meat and sweet potato dish. I'd also add extra virgin olive oil, eggs and milk to the diet. Adding a few hundred calories gradually and not trying to chow it all down in a week will make you an eating machine.

Can I ask why you only eat within an 8 hour window? Is it for religious reasons or work constraints?

GUNS
06-27-12, 2:03 pm
i would still be so hungry lolYes!

No offense bro, but that's not that much food. But if it's an increase for you and your goal is to gain, then you're prob on the right track.

Just start easing into more food. Cant add it quickly or you be hating life. I would be sick and have the "I need food" shakes if that was all I ate.

Bruiser
06-27-12, 2:08 pm
Easy... GOMAD (gallon of milk a day). Thatll put on size.

GUNS
06-27-12, 2:12 pm
Easy... GOMAD (gallon of milk a day). Thatll put on size.Do you carry your gallon in that beard of yours!

LiveFast
06-27-12, 2:16 pm
my old best-est friend is now
... http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Eat/Articles/Pack-On-Weight-For-Less-Than-10-A-Day

Started doing this to add more calories a few weeks ago. I usually add this in between meals and as a midnight snack. Gradually seeing a difference, bro. It's incredible how basic this is but how much it's overlooked. This plus GOMAD is a winner. You should defineantly give it a try.

Bruiser
06-27-12, 2:26 pm
Do you carry your gallon in that beard of yours!

Nope. But there is a hidden cabinet full of Pop Tarts, PB cups and Zingers in there.

Slopeskull
06-27-12, 2:44 pm
When it comes to eating calories and not relying on weight gainer shakes for calories, its hard to actually eat alot of calories. I mean if you are trying to get big it isnt "hard" bc we get it done, but when u sit and actually eat all those calories its alot more food than most people realize.

Slopeskull
06-27-12, 2:45 pm
and as far as feeling full, thats going to happen. it takes a while to condition yourself to eat a lot and not feel sick.

Aggression
06-27-12, 3:27 pm
As others have said, I'd still be hungry after eating that amount. To stop eating like a bird, it takes time. You can't just go from a daily intake of 2k calories right to 5k calories. You'll do nothing but feel sick, bloated, and you'll gain a fuckton of fat. Slowly increase your foods. Some have already mentioned their ways. Here's a few that I usually do ..

Milk; have a glass with each meal; roughly 150 calories
2tbsp natural peanut butter; roughly 200 calories

You have a combined 350 calories right there and there's nothing to it. If you eat, say 5 meals per day (just a hypothetical), then you have an extra 1750 calories without even trying.

Wycked
06-27-12, 3:32 pm
I don't see how people can eat 4000-5000 calories a day. I do IF so I eat between 12 pm and 8 pm each day then fast. I ate this today:

1st meal

4 ounce grilled chicken

2nd meal

1/2 cup oats
1.5 scoops whey
1/2 cup blueberries

3rd meal

2 crunchy homemade tacos with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese total and I used 80% ground beef that I rinsed and washed to make it 93% or leaner
1/2 cup peaches

4th meal

Macro total for the day:

drum roll.....

So, I nailed my macros for the day and still ate relatively "healthy" and ate foods I enjoy. I am so stuffed right now that I feel like puking.
I think I had all that for breakfast lol

Aggression
06-27-12, 3:56 pm

fuckin' lol

C.Coronato
06-27-12, 4:09 pm

Sounds about right.

ajoaks
06-27-12, 4:11 pm
i had that same problem. but not trying to say anything bad about your food choices, but mine were all healthy (fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, lean meat...so on) and I ate quanity wise about double that and had a little less calories. What helped me was gradually getting used to it, and eating full fat dairy products and drink a lot of milk, and if you like Peanut Butter....go crazy with it. Somedays when i want a lot of calories i eat a PB&J or PB&Banana along with me main 3 meals. To do it right takes a lot of dedication. Liquid calories can help with the feeling full issue

ajoaks
06-27-12, 4:12 pm
oh and 4 meals wont cut it! 6-7 meals a day!

TufffGuY
06-27-12, 4:21 pm
The reason your prob feeling so full with only a little amount of food is because of the tacos and cheetos and pizza. One thing I know is that when I'm eating clean, chicken, red meat, oatmeal, potatoes, fish, pasta, milk eggs. It is a lot to eat more when your eating clean because they digest easier and your body wants them! it doesn't want pizza that's your brain talking also drink a gallon of water a day it will help with digestion and allow you to eat more. Like veryone said drink lots of milk I would say either 2% or Whole, fuck skim. Def. need to pick up some real gains and drink 2 of those a day try to space them out I like one in the morning and one post workout and one before bed, thats 3 but I'm 6"3 215 pounds so I eat a good bit lol.

Bruiser
06-27-12, 4:37 pm
Do I dare post what my PWO used to look like?

PWO:
16 oz chocolate whole milk
2 quarter lb corn dogs
2 beef burritos
2 Pop Tarts
2 cheese filled breadsticks
4-8 Reese's Big Cups

50gm whey
Powerade powder

6 UniLivers
3 amino tabs
Pak
6 glandulars

And I'm pretty sure the calorie count was close to 2,500-3,000 just for that.

Joe J
06-27-12, 6:25 pm
Do I dare post what my PWO used to look like?

PWO:
16 oz chocolate whole milk
2 quarter lb corn dogs
2 beef burritos
2 Pop Tarts
2 cheese filled breadsticks
4-8 Reese's Big Cups

50gm whey
Powerade powder

6 UniLivers
3 amino tabs
Pak
6 glandulars

And I'm pretty sure the calorie count was close to 2,500-3,000 just for that.

:0 speechless

widdlewade44
06-27-12, 7:09 pm

fuckin' lol

Sounds about right.

Yeah, my Cheeburger Cheeburger Pounder was about 3000+ cals at lunch today, lol.

To the OP, it just takes time and congratulations on taking in more food. As Aggression said ease and steadily progress into eating bigger. Clean foods and eating every 2-3 hours is the key. As G Diesel has stated: "The difference between the Freaks and the Flock is the Fucking Fork." Good luck with eating bigger brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Kill i oughtta
06-27-12, 11:30 pm
Maybe you should space your meals out more instead of th IF thing give yourself more time to let the food settle and over the course of the day you should be able to eat more with no problem.

MRmichael.hooker
07-13-12, 3:46 pm

1st meal

6 ounce grilled chicken

2nd meal

1/2 cup oats
1.5 scoops Real Gains
1/2 cup blueberries
1oz almonds

3rd meal

1/2 cup peaches

4th meal

5th meal
3.5 scoops Real Gains
Macro total for the day:

drum roll.....

Updated your current diet above SLIGHTLY to add more cals. Changed your iso for real gains, added a real gains shake at the end, barely added some chicken, and added some almonds. Right there would be an extra 1000 cals. Easy.

Bruiser
07-13-12, 4:13 pm
Gallon of whole milk: 2400 cals, 150g protein

EVERY DAY!

P Diesel
07-14-12, 1:01 am

haha i think that was in my last shake before bed

P

JSwick
07-14-12, 4:15 am
You have to progress slowly brother focus on eating calorie dense foods....Steel Cut Oats is a great Carb loaded breakfast

yates
07-17-12, 11:40 pm

1st meal

4 ounce grilled chicken

2nd meal

1/2 cup oats
1.5 scoops whey
1/2 cup blueberries

3rd meal

1/2 cup peaches

4th meal

Macro total for the day:

drum roll.....

i was going to copy and paste and add some suggestions, but once i really looked at the diet i started asking myself if this is a actual Joke? i thought to myself this guy must be joking or a 12 year old boy. if ur serous ill certainly give u some suggestions. no offense, but that diet is a terrible example of trying to consume 4-5000 calories.