PDA

View Full Version : Gym and everyday life

Ali
06-27-12, 12:29 am
Hello all,
Its been my 3rd week into the gym and everything seems to be going well but for the last few days i have noticed that i am losing focus in the gym and i think the main reason for this is maybe because i been going through a rough phase right now. I am not trying to be a pussy its just that i cant get it out of my head. No matter how hard i try. Is there anyway to stay focused in the gym or should i take few days off? what you guys suggest?

Regards,
Ali

ThatLittleMonster
06-27-12, 1:30 am
Get your mind right, other than the fact you are not in the gym at 100%, you could slip up and cause injury my man.
The gym for me is my get away from every day life, i work 11 and 13 hour shifts all week, soon as i punch out the clock i pop my supps, and punch in the clock at the gym. I sit at work and think about my routine, my life has turned into the gym and i love every minute of it, the days i dont want to eat that last meal, i make sure i do, i got some family issues going on right now myself, but it all goes away when you keep your mind on rackin that bar, working for that pump.

If you cant stay focused you are going to half ass it all, do not sell your body short, give it 100 my brother. But the ultimate decision is yours.

Ali
06-27-12, 2:53 am
i got some family issues going on right now myself, but it all goes away when you keep your mind on rackin that bar, working for that pump.

If you cant stay focused you are going to half ass it all, do not sell your body short, give it 100 my brother. But the ultimate decision is yours.

I agree with you thatlittlemonster but how do you leave all those things behind when you are in the gym, i mean i try to but i keep getting those messed up thoughts.....

Kill i oughtta
06-27-12, 4:21 am
you have to use your time in the gym as a way to get away from things and take out frustrations and get away for a while.

Joe J
06-27-12, 7:00 am
Whatever problems you have, put them on the bar and press them.

Carlson1
06-27-12, 7:39 am
Whatever problems you have, put them on the bar and press them.

Fuck ya!

GUNS
06-27-12, 8:05 am
It seems hard for some people to not think about issues. But others seem to be able to put it aside and concentrate on whats right in front of you. Me, I can shut everything out and put all I have into the gym. I put in some hard fast music, pull my hat down and go after it. My wife on the other hand, constantly thinks about work, or kids or whatever is stressing her out. Just have to find something that works. Those problems unfortunately will still be there when your not in the gym, so no need to stress over them for that 1 hour a day!

N. Motta
06-27-12, 8:10 am
I'm with Guns.^ When I step into the gym, that is MY time. Nothing else matters. It's my little sanctuary to forget about/ignore/stop caring about anything else. Like Arnold said, when you're in the gym, there is nothing you can do about the stresses in your life. So you might as well tune them out for an hour and a half and focus on your workout.

Ali
06-27-12, 9:41 am
Thanks guys for the support. Today i did chest workout and it went pretty good. I train alone though no partner no friend no one to talk to but on the other hand my brother trains with a partner... anyways i just wanted to thank you guys for the support you all showed.

Regards,
Ali

ghost
06-27-12, 9:43 am
head down, music up, fuck everything else.

Aggression
06-27-12, 9:51 am
Shut The Fuck Up And Train. Hit the psycho switch. Its easy to say that. But easier said than done. There are always bouts of one's life where you can't just block it out completely. There have been a few times where I've had a hard time concentrating on my workouts b/c my head was filled with other parts of my life that may not have been in line at the time. The best you can do is try to use that one hour or so as a refuge, a getaway from life's problems. There's no secret to totally eliminating certain things from one's mind.

ghost
06-27-12, 9:54 am
Shut The Fuck Up And Train. Hit the psycho switch. Its easy to say that. But easier said than done. There are always bouts of one's life where you can't just block it out completely. There have been a few times where I've had a hard time concentrating on my workouts b/c my head was filled with other parts of my life that may not have been in line at the time. The best you can do is try to use that one hour or so as a refuge, a getaway from life's problems. There's no secret to totally eliminating certain things from one's mind.

this is true. you have to find what works for YOU.

my post is what works for me. it may not work for you..

G Diesel
06-27-12, 10:14 am
head down, music up, fuck everything else.

That's really the mindset you need. Use training to escape and explore inside. It should be a cleansing and spiritual experience that makes you feel good, strong and positive.

Training opens me up emotionally and creatively. It helps my mood, my perspective and my attitude. It is a tool for personal betterment and can really be therapeutic at times.

Peace, G

rainman
06-27-12, 1:35 pm
There was a guy who I knew before I started lifting who said if you can make it past a month at a gym then you usually stick to it. It sounds like there are outside factors trying to pull you away from what will ultimately be a rewarding and strengthening experience for both mind and body. You pull through this and you're well on your way.

If I'm about to do a set, be it a 12 rep 'warm up' or a PB attempt, I'll focus everything on what I'm about to do, flick my head, (this is really irritating me by the way- proper OCD Rainman right here), set up and get the exercise done. If I fail, then fuck it. At least I tried.

Carlson1
06-27-12, 2:13 pm
That's really the mindset you need. Use training to escape and explore inside. It should be a cleansing and spiritual experience that makes you feel good, strong and positive.

Training opens me up emotionally and creatively. It helps my mood, my perspective and my attitude. It is a tool for personal betterment and can really be therapeutic at times.

Peace, G

Best explained above. We've all had those days when the shit weighs on or life like a ton of fucking bricks. But like G said the gym should be a place to get away from that stuff and better yourself, bottem line we all have hang ups in life, they will pass but do you really wanna waste a great day to train and feel great about yourself?

Ali
06-28-12, 3:58 am
Should i start taking supps cos it my 3rd week in the gym and it has also come to an end so its almost a month now. What you guys say on this? Because i heard that some supps increase mental awareness and focus when taken before workout.

Regards,
Ali

Grue
06-28-12, 5:41 am
Should i start taking supps cos it my 3rd week in the gym and it has also come to an end so its almost a month now. What you guys say on this? Because i heard that some supps increase mental awareness and focus when taken before workout.

Regards,
Ali

First focus on food and gym. Supps can come second. If your food is not up to scratch then you are just wasting money. But then again, a proper protein shake after workout is very important.

if you get a supp that increase mental focus, please do tell me. I would like some of that.

I haven't been in the gym for 2 weeks now. Its like I have no motivation. So I know what you going through, gym wise.
My problems come with me into the gym unfortunately. But I just try to stick with it. Go through the routine. But it sucks, cause I miss that animal inside me, and the last thing I want to do is stop. That will just kill me, I have come so far.

I always gym in the mornings, But I am going to start gym at night times, and see how that works. Starting tonight.

If its bad and you want to take some time of then tell yourself before hand how many days and when will your next gym session be. Don't decide everyday if you will gym or not, else you will never get back. Tell yourself I am going to take some time of, and hit the gym Monday again. Then you hit the gym Monday, no matter what.

awayoflife
06-28-12, 7:24 am
First focus on food and gym. Supps can come second. If your food is not up to scratch then you are just wasting money. But then again, a proper protein shake after workout is very important.

if you get a supp that increase mental focus, please do tell me. I would like some of that.

I haven't been in the gym for 2 weeks now. Its like I have no motivation. So I know what you going through, gym wise.
My problems come with me into the gym unfortunately. But I just try to stick with it. Go through the routine. But it sucks, cause I miss that animal inside me, and the last thing I want to do is stop. That will just kill me, I have come so far.

I always gym in the mornings, But I am going to start gym at night times, and see how that works. Starting tonight.

If its bad and you want to take some time of then tell yourself before hand how many days and when will your next gym session be. Don't decide everyday if you will gym or not, else you will never get back. Tell yourself I am going to take some time of, and hit the gym Monday again. Then you hit the gym Monday, no matter what.

Regards,
Ali

^^^ ANIMAL RAGE!!! >>> Energy. Focus. Intensity. Insanity.

Look it up brothers:
http://www.animalpak.com/Rage/

P Diesel
06-28-12, 10:06 pm
It seems hard for some people to not think about issues. But others seem to be able to put it aside and concentrate on whats right in front of you. Me, I can shut everything out and put all I have into the gym. I put in some hard fast music, pull my hat down and go after it. My wife on the other hand, constantly thinks about work, or kids or whatever is stressing her out. Just have to find something that works. Those problems unfortunately will still be there when your not in the gym, so no need to stress over them for that 1 hour a day!

my bro GUNS speaks the truth. each has their own way. me, i dnt know what it is but when im focused its liek flippin a switch, the building could fall down around me and i prally wont notice. i cant hear or see much else but myself and the weights.

P

Ali
06-29-12, 1:21 am

This new supp i been hearing and read about is Jack3d. haven't tried it yet but those who have say it turns you into a beast. A pre workout supp that leads to workout domination, mental focus and awareness that lasts until your whole workout.

Regards,
Ali

rainman
06-29-12, 9:40 am
I doubt you'll find anyone on the ANIMAL forum recommending anything other than an Animal product. Rage is solid and it is rated highly on its merits and, quite frankly, I'd go with a Universal/ Animal product any day of the week.

Now, I really don't want to sound like a dick here, but you've been given some great advice here by some of the strongest mofos on the planet. You've only been at the gym for 3 weeks, yet you've convinced yourself you need so and so to get results. You don't. Initially you need to get your diet in check, a decent workout split and a protein powder for PWO, (Ultra Whey Pro for example), and then the results will start coming.

From little acorns grow...

Big Joe
06-29-12, 11:05 am
This new supp i been hearing and read about is Jack3d. haven't tried it yet but those who have say it turns you into a beast. A pre workout supp that leads to workout domination, mental focus and awareness that lasts until your whole workout.

Regards,
Ali

Preworkouts are great, but dont expect them to turn you into a beast. Be a beast on your own, the motivation needs to come from within. Dont come to the gym half-assed and expect Jack3d or any other supplement to motivate you. Determine your goals, then hit the gym at 100 miles an hour and fucking attack them. If your wasting time in the gym, standing around with your dick in your hand thinking about other shit, try writing down your game plan ahead of time, it may help keep you focused on the task at hand.

Solid Dreams
06-29-12, 11:42 am

Regards,
Ali

Jack3d's going to get reformulated or taken off the market, so..

Kowboy
06-29-12, 11:45 am
There is not a supplement that is going to fix your head. I fucked w/ this for a long time and you just have to break through. I work out alone and I am at the point that I am just much of a hardass to lift w/. When they say "Shut up and train" that to me means to calm your head down as well. PIck shit up and set shit down, end of story. I am w/ Guns, P, Diesel, Aggs adn everyone else man a supplement is not going to solve your problems. Just stick it out and get it done.

Ali
06-29-12, 12:20 pm
I doubt you'll find anyone on the ANIMAL forum recommending anything other than an Animal product. Rage is solid and it is rated highly on its merits and, quite frankly, I'd go with a Universal/ Animal product any day of the week.

Now, I really don't want to sound like a dick here, but you've been given some great advice here by some of the strongest mofos on the planet. You've only been at the gym for 3 weeks, yet you've convinced yourself you need so and so to get results. You don't. Initially you need to get your diet in check, a decent workout split and a protein powder for PWO, (Ultra Whey Pro for example), and then the results will start coming.

From little acorns grow...

Rainman i agree and i havent tried any supplements yet, i just read about it and thats it. Yep its my 3rd week into the gym and it has also come to an end.

Ali
06-29-12, 12:29 pm
Preworkouts are great, but dont expect them to turn you into a beast. Be a beast on your own, the motivation needs to come from within. Dont come to the gym half-assed and expect Jack3d or any other supplement to motivate you. Determine your goals, then hit the gym at 100 miles an hour and fucking attack them. If your wasting time in the gym, standing around with your dick in your hand thinking about other shit, try writing down your game plan ahead of time, it may help keep you focused on the task at hand.

Thanks for the tip Big Joe

Joe J
06-29-12, 12:36 pm

Hey! I'm the only Big Joe around here! Only joking bro, this is a solid post that represents my views entirely.

Big Wides
06-29-12, 1:01 pm

the only supp i know of that can increase this is called Mindset, which comes from your brain and not a bottle.

ThatLittleMonster
07-01-12, 1:20 am
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/iron_evolution_phase_9

Read. your life wont seem as bad a little motivation for ya brother

Kill i oughtta
07-01-12, 3:33 am
There is not a supplement that is going to fix your head. I fucked w/ this for a long time and you just have to break through. I work out alone and I am at the point that I am just much of a hardass to lift w/. When they say "Shut up and train" that to me means to calm your head down as well. PIck shit up and set shit down, end of story. I am w/ Guns, P, Diesel, Aggs adn everyone else man a supplement is not going to solve your problems. Just stick it out and get it done.

Strong words