PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Midwest Animal Open & BBQ

Bruiser
06-27-12, 10:12 am
I need everybody's input on this one. Here's my plan. Yeah I have a lotta equipment in my garage but not enough room to hold an ABC. So this is what I'm doing...

1st Annual Midwest Animal Open and BBQ

I've got a cement platform in my backyard where we can put a bench and deadlift mat (may not be perfectly flat, but it'll work). I've got a big yard, a grill, and plenty of room to park. So, I'll be holding the first Multi-State push/pull meet for FORVM members in my back yard! Followed by a cookout.

So here's what you need to do. I'm gonna need a headcount, donations, helpers (spotters, loaders, judges, grillers, help cleaning after) and dishes to pass.

This is gonna be real laid back, nothing fancy. Because I don't have the time to basically do this whole thing by myself at this end until people show up that day. If this is gonna work, I need HELP. People willing to stay afterwards and help me put the house and yard back together. I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm hoping this becomes a yearly event. I'm happy to hold this event and spearhead it. I've been wanting to see something like this happen outside of the Arnold and Olympia. Everybody here in the Midwest gets screwed because we don't have access to the pros, corporate, or even the sheer numbers of participants like the huge ABCs on either coast. And if you cant make it to The Cage, you don't see any of is stuff. Let's make this event ours, guys/gals. I'm thinking end of September, on a Saturday. Start throwing some ideas out there.

Welcome to my nightmare...

Leigh

Aggression
06-27-12, 11:09 am
This sounds like an awesome idea.

Bruiser
06-28-12, 9:05 am
This sounds like an awesome idea.

Thanks. I figure it's time for us Midwest Animals to step our game.

Bruiser
06-28-12, 9:12 am
I'm thinking the best date for this will be Saturday, September 22. That gives me plenty of time to set it up and the weather shouldn't be too hot or cold. Now, I'm thinking we're probably looking at 20-25 people seeing that any more than that and my wife will lose it.

The most important thing about this is that it is being held at my home with my wife and kids here. So this isn't gonna be some locker room, testosterone filled, rude and crude bullshit. Respect and manners will not only being expected, but thoroughly enforced. And I will have no problem telling someone that just drove 5-6 hours to turn around a leave if I see fit. Not trying to be a jerk, just laying down the law now.

I think this is an amazing opportunity for everybody in this area that can't make events like the Arnold or Olympia but still wanna hang out with the Animal Family. Now it's up to you guys to make this work, because I can only do so much on this end with setting it all up, running it, grilling the food and cleaning up the mess afterwards. So PM me for your spot if you wanna make it. Thanks guys.

Leigh "Bruiser" Pierce

G Diesel
06-28-12, 9:24 am
There are a lot of good dudes within a reasonable drive of you bro. Fantastic idea, this could be great.

Peace, G

ghost
06-28-12, 9:33 am
I know I will be there. and, today, I am stopping at an estate sale to get more plates.... because 1200 lbs in them isnt enough for the dungeon.

Nix0r
06-28-12, 10:11 am
Powerlifting
BBQ
Beards

I'm absolutely in.

Bruiser
06-28-12, 10:32 am
There are a lot of good dudes within a reasonable drive of you bro. Fantastic idea, this could be great.

Peace, G

I've already verification from guys in 5 different states making the trip!

I know I will be there. and, today, I am stopping at an estate sale to get more plates.... because 1200 lbs in them isnt enough for the dungeon.

Oh no... Ghost is bringing a UHaul! Lol

Powerlifting
BBQ
Beards

I'm absolutely in.

I figured so... Lol.

ghost
06-28-12, 10:48 am
Oh no... Ghost is bringing a UHaul! Lol

nah.just the mazda. hahaha. kinda miss the van for these kinds of trips hahahahaha.

Bruiser
06-28-12, 11:03 am
nah.just the mazda. hahaha. kinda miss the van for these kinds of trips hahahahaha.

Fockit! Have G make good with the keys to the Animal Roadtrip van! Lol.

B.S.
06-28-12, 11:19 am
Sounds like a cool thing your doing here bruiser. T Just a little bit out of my commutng time tho

ghost
06-28-12, 11:28 am
Fockit! Have G make good with the keys to the Animal Roadtrip van! Lol.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG,

I'm taking the van.!

Bruiser
06-28-12, 11:34 am
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG,

I'm taking the van.!

Make sure it's stocked with gear and supps first... *wink wink*

Mr. Dead
06-28-12, 12:10 pm
This looks like it's filled with epicness...!!!

Bruiser
06-28-12, 12:45 pm
This looks like it's filled with epicness...!!!

I hope so! Oh wait, are you talking about the event or my beard? Lol

MRmichael.hooker
06-28-12, 1:32 pm
I hope so! Oh wait, are you talking about the event or my beard? Lol

See, that's why I made the cruise reservations for that same time, because i only have a goatee and not a full beard :(

Bruiser
06-28-12, 1:36 pm
See, that's why I made the cruise reservations for that same time, because i only have a goatee and not a full beard :(

You do know that from now on, a goatee will be known as a "Love Boatee"? Lol.

Bruiser
06-28-12, 1:41 pm
Remember that since this is being held at my home, there's only gonna be room for so many people. I figure 20-25. So if you wanna spot, PM me so I've got your name. First come first serve. Early bird gets the chalk and Nose Tork! Thanks.

Leigh

Bruiser
06-28-12, 1:53 pm

Let's clean this up now and keep that kind of humor in the journeys please and off the main threads. Thanks Hook. I'm just as guilty of it but we all need to change.

MRmichael.hooker
06-28-12, 1:56 pm
Let's clean this up now and keep that kind of humor in the journeys please and off the main threads. Thanks Hook. I'm just as guilty of it but we all need to change.

read my text I just sent lol

naturalguy
06-28-12, 3:06 pm
Lifting and BBQ, two of my favorite things. Sounds like a good time

Bruiser
06-28-12, 3:09 pm
Lifting and BBQ, two of my favorite things. Sounds like a good time

There we go! Load up the Animal Road Trip van and head on over... just don't forget to swing by and pick up Ghost on the way! Lol.

Bruiser
07-02-12, 3:15 pm
Come on guys. Who's in? We've got about 5-6 verified already.

Bruiser
07-16-12, 8:16 am
C'mon guys/gas! So far only five people ave verified they'll be here for it. If I don't have at least 10-15 it won't be worth everybody's trouble to get here or for me to plan it, set up and run it. So if we still want to do this I need names in the next month!

Nix0r
07-16-12, 9:33 am
I'm pretty certain I can drag my roommate along to participate.

Bruiser
07-23-12, 2:10 pm
I'm pretty certain I can drag my roommate along to participate.

That's cool bud. Doesn't look good for the event though. We may just end up having a good session in the gym/garage and then going for a bite instead. Basically an ABC instead of a push/pull and BBQ. Either way, we'll get together.

Bruiser
07-23-12, 2:12 pm
Alright cupcakes. Where the hell is everybody that seemed so interested? Still not enough entries to bother organizing this thing. Maybe I'd have better luck organizing a sewing contest for you ladies.... C'mon already!

Nix0r
07-23-12, 2:15 pm
Alright cupcakes. Where the hell is everybody that seemed so interested? Still not enough entries to bother organizing this thing. Maybe I'd have better luck organizing a sewing contest for you ladies.... C'mon already!

I'm better at underwater basket weaving.

Bruiser
07-25-12, 11:10 am
CANCELED due to lack of interest and entries.

Nix0r
07-25-12, 11:17 am
Bullshit! We still gotta lift soon, then.

ghost
07-25-12, 11:22 am
Bullshit! We still gotta lift soon, then.

definitely agree with this... i am rather pissed that it's been cancelled.

mritter3
07-25-12, 11:25 am
CANCELED due to lack of interest and entries.

sucks that it got cancelled bruiser...im sure it would have been an amazing time!

twoheadedboy
09-08-12, 11:15 pm
Shit. Glad I checked this thread. It actually just popped up on my calendar as a reminder. What about another Milwaukee or Madison (or thereabouts) ABC? I was pissed that I missed the last one.