PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Middle Tennessee

GUNS
07-02-12, 12:34 pm
2nd annual Tennessee ABC!

Ok here is the date! 9/15/2012. So lets start making plans now. As with last year. I have to be there for a college football game, same as last year. And since Im traveling back to the same place, might as well make this an annual thing. For obvious reasons I wont miss my sons game. So it will have to be an early morning, or late afternoon lift. His game is at 130pm, I would prefer a afternoon/evening lift so my son and whoever else is with me can be involved. Thinking

Appalonian(Josh) will be helping us find a gym and food joint since he lives close to there. The Gold's we did this at last year is closed for good, so we are looking for a new place.

Josh, looking for a place close to Lebanon!

So let's start get things rolling. Who's in?

Appollonian
07-02-12, 1:12 pm
I'm in for sure.

There's two Gold's gyms within 30 miles, as well as a few commercial gyms about as close. Everything I've looked at in Lebanon depresses me so far... I'll get a good idea and PM you in a couple days.

I've wanted to attend an ABC for years, I'm looking forward to this one!

GUNS
07-02-12, 1:19 pm
"Originally Posted by Appollonian

Will do some research...

Couple questions though:

1. Game is at 1:30, so I'm guessing 5:30 or 6:00 PM ABC, lift for an hour but give an extra half for everyone to get their lifts on, then grub at 8:00 or 8:30 PM? (and your son is extra bad ass if he is gonna play ball then lift, just sayin')

2. How far will you drive from Lebanon?

I've got the gym I go to, the Franklin Atheletic Club, which is really a franchise of gyms in Franklin, Murfreesboro, and Nashville (Nashville link here http://nashvilleathleticclub.com/). These gyms are big, commercial, and unless we had an East Coast sized ABC, we would never shut the house down, but it would be fun and they have the best equipment I've ever used.
Otherwise there are other gyms I can hunt down/talk to no problem, just need to know the distance people will drive.

3. It's Nashville, there will be good foods eaten... just don't make fun of how little I eat compared to you haha."

1. yeah, it would have to be a later time like that. I think his games lasts about 3 hours. A little time to go change and grab some grub. That leads to #2.

2. Within an hour or so or it will be 7pm trying to get somewhere else. Like I said, it can always be 8am too. I know it sucks but may be the best I can do. Franklin is only 50 monutes. Nashvill is only 30 minutes, Murfrees is only 37 minutes. So any of them would be great. That gym looks good to me.

3. I dont eat a ton after the gym anyway, Hooker gave me shit for it last year.

Im gonna copy this over to the ABC thread as well.

GUNS
07-02-12, 1:34 pm
I'm in for sure.

There's two Gold's gyms within 30 miles, as well as a few commercial gyms about as close. Everything I've looked at in Lebanon depresses me so far... I'll get a good idea and PM you in a couple days.

I've wanted to attend an ABC for years, I'm looking forward to this one!

We can hit up anywhere you think! If it sucks, its your fault! LOl, JK! Im good with nashville side. Hooker will have to drive 2 extra hours than last time. But I will be spending Fri, Sat and Leave Sunday morning. So Im even down for a 9-10am Sunday event, but everyone will be driving back that day to.

Once we solidify a gym, we will have to contact the owner to let them know what we are planning and also find out what the day fee is!

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 2:25 pm
i live right down the road in georgia im in on this one.

Appollonian
07-02-12, 2:39 pm
We can hit up anywhere you think! If it sucks, its your fault! LOl, JK! Im good with nashville side. Hooker will have to drive 2 extra hours than last time. But I will be spending Fri, Sat and Leave Sunday morning. So Im even down for a 9-10am Sunday event, but everyone will be driving back that day to.

Once we solidify a gym, we will have to contact the owner to let them know what we are planning and also find out what the day fee is!

OK; I'll send a list of gyms to you tonight/early tomorrow. Let me know what the gym needs to know (I don't know if/whay Animal/Universal Nutrition will want us to tell them) I'll happily call them.

Oh, and my oldest brother MIGHT be interested... I'll see what I can do on that front.

i live right down the road in georgia im in on this one.

Alright; never thought about hitting up the Atlanta crowd... you know anyone else?

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 2:48 pm
yeah actually a buddy of mine on the F O R V M lives down here in hinesville with me hes my training partner im sure he would tag along

GUNS
07-02-12, 2:55 pm
i live right down the road in georgia im in on this one., yes glad your in. We will kill it!

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 3:03 pm
, yes glad your in. We will kill it!

im looking foward to it this will be my first abc =]

GUNS
07-02-12, 3:05 pm
I just hope we can get in a bunch more people. This thing should grow every year! Like me, LOL, I plan on being roughly 20-30lbs heavier than ast year! Id like to see 250 by then. We will see!

MRmichael.hooker
07-02-12, 3:06 pm
I'll let you know, might be hard for me to swing. Gonna be gone July 23- Aug 5 w/ Army, then gone Aug 9-12 in Indy, then cruise at end of Sept. Lots of traveling = spending lots of money lol. I'll see if I can swing the TN trip again

GUNS
07-02-12, 3:10 pm
I'll let you know, might be hard for me to swing. Gonna be gone July 23- Aug 5 w/ Army, then gone Aug 9-12 in Indy, then cruise at end of Sept. Lots of traveling = spending lots of money lol. I'll see if I can swing the TN trip again

Really hope you can make it Alice! Ill be hitting the Olympia the 2 weeks after that, so I feel ya! Just do what you can! Maybe we will just hire a hooker to come wipe our sweaty brow, since you wont be there to do it for us! Got to have a Hooker there!

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 3:15 pm
I just hope we can get in a bunch more people. This thing should grow every year! Like me, LOL, I plan on being roughly 20-30lbs heavier than ast year! Id like to see 250 by then. We will see!

yeah buddy thats what we like to hear.

GUNS
07-02-12, 3:15 pm
Maybe someone from corporate will jump in here and get a "roadtrip to vegas" started and make way to this ABC. Would love to have BigAl, BigAnt, G, CC, Nick L, the 2 Josh's, Vinny or Antoine show up! They got to show their support for the dirty south at some point! lol! I know BigBird is in the area and would love to have him there as well. He could so a little squatting demo for us! Would love to have Brad there too but he is way out west now.

Brad23
07-02-12, 4:15 pm
Hey guys, Let me know what gym you decide on bc I might try and join you if thats cool. I'm near memphis and might be able to make the drive down.

Appollonian
07-02-12, 4:18 pm

Hope you can make it!

Maybe someone from corporate will jump in here and get a "roadtrip to vegas" started and make way to this ABC. Would love to have BigAl, BigAnt, G, CC, Nick L, the 2 Josh's, Vinny or Antoine show up! They got to show their support for the dirty south at some point! lol! I know BigBird is in the area and would love to have him there as well. He could so a little squatting demo for us! Would love to have Brad there too but he is way out west now.

Nice! Getting very excited!

Hey guys, Let me know what gym you decide on bc I might try and join you if thats cool. I'm near memphis and might be able to make the drive down.

You would be more than welcome. We have some folks talking about coming 8+ hours away, so don't feel like you can't come, if you can make it of course.

Appollonian
07-02-12, 4:21 pm
I know it's a bit away, but my plan is to hit legs/squats (willing my leg is healed enough by then), but am open to peer pressure for something else.

Kill i oughtta
07-02-12, 4:41 pm
im coming up from at least a good 5-8 hour drive but im sure itll be worth to train with some real animals

MRmichael.hooker
07-02-12, 6:53 pm
Well, im sorry bud, but looks like we won't be making it (really shitty considering you (from mississippi) and I (fron NC) were the only 2 are the TENNESSEE abc last year lol. Drill weekend :( I'll be at Ft Bragg

GUNS
07-03-12, 12:02 am
Hey guys, Let me know what gym you decide on bc I might try and join you if thats cool. I'm near memphis and might be able to make the drive down.I think no matter where we end up, I think it will be within 30-40 minutes of you, so definately make plans. It would be great to have you!

im coming up from at least a good 5-8 hour drive but im sure itll be worth to train with some real animals Yeah, 8 hours for me. It shows under 5 hours for you! It will be worth it.

Well, im sorry bud, but looks like we won't be making it (really shitty considering you (from mississippi) and I (fron NC) were the only 2 are the TENNESSEE abc last year lol. Drill weekend :( I'll be at Ft BraggThat sucks man! But the Uncle calls. I guess there is no changing that?

GUNS
07-03-12, 12:05 am
We will go YELLOW this year, try to get one if you can! Plenty of time!

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=349

Kill i oughtta
07-03-12, 12:25 am
I think no matter where we end up, I think it will be within 30-40 minutes of you, so definately make plans. It would be great to have you!

Yeah, 8 hours for me. It shows under 5 hours for you! It will be worth it.

That sucks man! But the Uncle calls. I guess there is no changing that?

what part of tennesee is it?

GUNS
07-03-12, 3:42 am
yeah actually a buddy of mine on the F O R V M lives down here in hinesville with me hes my training partner im sure he would tag along

Whats his name here on the FORVM?

Appollonian
07-03-12, 8:15 am
what part of tennesee is it?

Right now it looks like Nashville Murfreesboro. I will call a few Places and firm something up soon.

GUNS
07-03-12, 8:17 am
Right now it looks like Nashville Murfreesboro. I will call a few Places and firm something up soon.Josh, will you get a chance to go look at it, see what kind of equip they have? Maybe take some pics and talk with the owners/managers? Or just call? Whatever works!

C.Coronato
07-03-12, 9:17 am
Looks like a damn good time fellas!

GUNS
07-03-12, 10:00 am
Thanks C! Looks like a better start thann last year. Got to grow this thing!

Appollonian
07-03-12, 10:59 am
Josh, will you get a chance to go look at it, see what kind of equip they have? Maybe take some pics and talk with the owners/managers? Or just call? Whatever works!

I'm gonna call the NAC and MAC and see what's what. If the managers are agreeable I'll ask them to send me pics that I can post to Facebook for your opinion. I know the MAC has 2 racks, 3-4 benches, full AB area, some solid machines, cardio theater: pretty nice place.

Sorry cant be faster, I'm out of town at the moment.

GUNS
07-03-12, 11:07 am
Not in any huge rush. Id say lets have the place nailed down by the end of the month. All sounds good to me!

Brad23
07-03-12, 12:33 pm
I'm gonna call the NAC and MAC and see what's what. If the managers are agreeable I'll ask them to send me pics that I can post to Facebook for your opinion. I know the MAC has 2 racks, 3-4 benches, full AB area, some solid machines, cardio theater: pretty nice place.

Sorry cant be faster, I'm out of town at the moment.

We should RAID Olympic gym lol. JK....Flex may not be to happy about that.

GUNS
07-03-12, 12:43 pm
Why not give it a go if its a bad ass gym!

Brad23
07-03-12, 1:01 pm
Why not give it a go if its a bad ass gym!
I've seen pics it looks cool, but Flex Lewis owns it and Sean Barber runs it (both Gaspari) and Brandon Curry (BSN) works out there as well.

gr33n3ggsandsam
07-03-12, 9:57 pm
Hey guys, I'm at Vanderbilt and would love to come. I'll try and get some other the other guys to come with. Sounds awesome.

GUNS
07-03-12, 11:53 pm
I've seen pics it looks cool, but Flex Lewis owns it and Sean Barber runs it (both Gaspari) and Brandon Curry (BSN) works out there as well.

I think that would be awesome to invade!

GUNS
07-03-12, 11:55 pm
Hey guys, I'm at Vanderbilt and would love to come. I'll try and get some other the other guys to come with. Sounds awesome.

Great to have you on board! Yes, please spread the word!

GUNS
07-04-12, 12:09 am
Lets start a roll call: If your new in here, add your name to bump this post down.

Guns
Appallonian
kill i oughtta
Brad23
gr33n3ggsandsam

GUNS
07-07-12, 1:37 pm
Bump for awareness!

Appollonian
07-10-12, 4:30 pm
I posted in the 'Tennessee Animals' thread already, but posting here for the sake of being thorough:

I've called the Nashville Atheletic Club again and barring any unforeseen issues, we are good for September 15th, 2012, at 6:00 PM.

So far we have 5 people, and I know a few of us are maybe going to bring a 'plus one'. Let's get those plus one's signed up on the FORVM and posted up in here.

Of course any other Animal, local or otherwise, are more than welcome. Make a trip out of it, see 'Music City', and crush some iron and some food.

Foodwise, I'm thinking Caribbean food, or maybe a small chain of Taco restaraunts... will nail it down before the end of July.

GUNS
07-10-12, 10:38 pm
Thanks Josh, all good points, I sent you a PM back. And dont forget spouses. I am sure most of our wives wont log in here, but bring them as well. I already got a yellow shirt for her. And if you absolutely cant get a yellow, any color Animal shirt will do!

Brad23
07-11-12, 11:32 am
Thanks Josh, all good points, I sent you a PM back. And dont forget spouses. I am sure most of our wives wont log in here, but bring them as well. I already got a yellow shirt for her. And if you absolutely cant get a yellow, any color Animal shirt will do!

I need to order a shirt lol. As far as the food goes, Saturdays my cheat meal so I'm good as long as it not over 1000 calories lol

GUNS
07-11-12, 12:13 pm
I need to order a shirt lol. As far as the food goes, Saturdays my cheat meal so I'm good as long as it not over 1000 calories lolMy shirt I just ordered has already made it to the house for the wife. And, 1000 cals minimum! lol!

Brad23
07-11-12, 12:23 pm
My shirt I just ordered has already made it to the house for the wife. And, 1000 cals minimum! lol!
I'll be in the middle of my prep with Rage. I have to follow his instruction lol

Appollonian
07-11-12, 12:50 pm

My apologies, wasn't trying to be exclusive. Spouses/significant others are more than welcome. Mine might come, might not... she's afraid she won't be hardcore lifter enough as she hasn't gotten back into the swing of things like she would like.

I need to order a shirt lol. As far as the food goes, Saturdays my cheat meal so I'm good as long as it not over 1000 calories lol

Plenty of time to get the shirt. The iconic shirts fit amazingly, especially if you are taller/actually have musculature. For instance I wear an XL because I'm 6'4", and most XL bell out at the stomach, which I don't have large one. This is not so with the iconic shirts. Just as amazing is they hold up in the wash, over and over again.

I'll be eating at some joints nearby to the gym over the next few weeks and make a choice then. I have to do a quality check; tough job but I'll take one for the team.

Appollonian
07-11-12, 12:53 pm
My shirt I just ordered has already made it to the house for the wife. And, 1000 cals minimum! lol!

I was about to say that, but I don't know the last time I ate significantly over 1000 cals in a sitting...

GUNS
07-11-12, 12:55 pm
My apologies, wasn't trying to be exclusive. Spouses/significant others are more than welcome. Mine might come, might not... she's afraid she won't be hardcore lifter enough as she hasn't gotten back into the swing of things like she would like.

Plenty of time to get the shirt. The iconic shirts fit amazingly, especially if you are taller/actually have musculature. For instance I wear an XL because I'm 6'4", and most XL bell out at the stomach, which I don't have large one. This is not so with the iconic shirts. Just as amazing is they hold up in the wash, over and over again.

I'll be eating at some joints nearby to the gym over the next few weeks and make a choice then. I have to do a quality check; tough job but I'll take one for the team.

Bring your wife, mine will talk and take pictures more than workout. LOL! So they can hang out! Yeah all my iconics look brand new and Ive had some for years. I would love to have the hard job of testing the food out!

Brad23
07-11-12, 2:02 pm

Sounds like hard job but someone has to do it lol. Damn your big fella lol. I'm pushing a towering 5'10.5 lol. I got a large shirt in my package from Animal for winning the HRT transformation and a large fit well.

I was about to say that, but I don't know the last time I ate significantly over 1000 cals in a sitting...

I usually don't count calories but when it comes to cheat meals, I count everything lol. I like to push it to see how much I can get in but under 1000cal lol.

Bring your wife, mine will talk and take pictures more than workout. LOL! So they can hang out! Yeah all my iconics look brand new and Ive had some for years. I would love to have the hard job of testing the food out!

Mine might come, she doesn't works out but is one of those women who have always been little lol.

Appollonian
07-13-12, 10:36 am
Big is relative. Besides I know a guy at my gym who is 5'10"ish, outweighs me by at least 20 lbs, and each of his three lifts are at least 35-50% more powerful than mine.

My wife is still non-commital, but she'll help me check out the food joints. I MIGHT have a few people I'll get signed up before the ABC though, so I'll be working on that.

GUNS
07-13-12, 11:41 am
Me and my wife pretty much do everything together, so she will be there. She may or may not workout, but she will be taking pics for us. My son will most likely be there as well. He is GUNSII on here but never posts. I at least got him signed up a few years back! So please feel free to bring family, whether they workout or not! When we all go grub, it'll be nice to have the family there!

Appollonian
07-17-12, 4:02 pm
I got a chance to work out with the Nashville Athletic Club this morning, and it's a pretty nice gym. I already confirmed with management that we are good to go for 9/15/2012.

Gym location: Nashville Athletic Club LINK (http://nashvilleathleticclub.com/)
Cost: SHOULD be free... I was told this by management and will confirm again
Time: 6:00 PM

I'll get the food situation settled soon.

GUNS
07-18-12, 12:14 am
Damn nice gym and Free at that, cant beat it at all!

Brad23
07-18-12, 12:51 pm
I got a chance to work out with the Nashville Athletic Club this morning, and it's a pretty nice gym. I already confirmed with management that we are good to go for 9/15/2012.

Gym location: Nashville Athletic Club LINK (http://nashvilleathleticclub.com/)
Cost: SHOULD be free... I was told this by management and will confirm again
Time: 6:00 PM

I'll get the food situation settled soon.

Already looked up directions. About 3.5 hours drive for me. Nice looking place.

Appollonian
07-18-12, 1:00 pm
Damn nice gym and Free at that, cant beat it at all!

Already looked up directions. About 3.5 hours drive for me. Nice looking place.

I forgot to take pics, but they have what I call a 'normal' rack, a half rack, 4 flat benches, 2 incline 2 incline benches, dbells up to 150 (I think), ab area, and a lot of different machines.

Kill i oughtta
07-18-12, 1:48 pm
sonds good. see you guys there.

GUNS
07-18-12, 2:33 pm
Already looked up directions. About 3.5 hours drive for me. Nice looking place.Not too bad for ya.

I forgot to take pics, but they have what I call a 'normal' rack, a half rack, 4 flat benches, 2 incline 2 incline benches, dbells up to 150 (I think), ab area, and a lot of different machines.Sounds like a chest or back day with those 150's. LOL! Do they have anywhere to deadlift?

sonds good. see you guys there.Keep checking in here for info. Yes, we will c-ya there!

We will be posting more info folks on where we are going to eat. Plus we still have to contact corpo, which we will around the first week of august to finalize everything! Keep checking in folks and lets keep bumping this up.

I also invited the folks from Lift Big Eat Big! I know most of them take pak. So trying to get them in here as well. One of the sponsored athletes, Talia lives in Nashville! So hope we can get her in on this! I have posted on FB as well and will keep pushing it on there. Might head over to B.com too.

GUNS
07-24-12, 3:32 pm
Bump!

GUNS
07-28-12, 9:19 am
We are 1 1/2 months away. Looks like we will be hitting IHOP for post workout grub! You can wear whatever you want to eat as long as it is an Animal shirt, lol! Josh will be contacting corpo about the, so make sure your name is in here even if your a maybe! And you should go check out the new iconic thread, chance to win one of the new colors, ends soon.

We are stickied now, awesome!

GUNS
07-31-12, 12:08 pm
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/ABC-1.png

Appollonian
07-31-12, 12:27 pm
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/ABC-1.png

That is awesome Jimmy! Yeah brother going to be a good time for sure!

GUNS
07-31-12, 1:00 pm
I am going to post it on FB as well so maybe we can get the word spread!

GUNS
08-10-12, 4:34 pm
Bump for awareness!

GUNS
08-20-12, 11:07 pm
Less than a month away!

Brad23
08-22-12, 11:26 am
Less than a month away!

Yes sir! Ready for it!

The Pistol
08-22-12, 10:06 pm
Im over here in memphis and will for sure try to be there.

GUNS
08-22-12, 10:54 pm
Glad to have you on board Pistol! If you dont have a yellow Animal shirt, wear any color. And if you dont have on, there is still time. If you dont have one by then, just show up anyway.

The Pistol
08-23-12, 4:51 pm
Glad to have you on board Pistol! If you dont have a yellow Animal shirt, wear any color. And if you dont have on, there is still time. If you dont have one by then, just show up anyway.

Glad to be involved! ordering my shirt right now

Appollonian
08-23-12, 7:30 pm

Fantastic! Hope you can make it.

Appollonian
08-27-12, 7:53 am
Monday bump for awareness

and I'll be hitting shoulders and biceps. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

GUNS
08-27-12, 9:14 am
Monday bump for awareness

and I'll be hitting shoulders and biceps. Looking forward to meeting everyone.Josh, you know Im one of your partners for this! Gonna kill it man!

Appollonian
08-27-12, 10:02 am
Josh, you know Im one of your partners for this! Gonna kill it man!

Oh I know, just figured if I was vague you'd hope in and bump the thread too haha

Brad23
08-28-12, 5:40 pm

Hey bro, I work in Memphis and I'll be down there as well.

GUNS
09-05-12, 8:42 pm
Little over a week away folks!

Josh, did you get the package in yet?

bigkahuna08
09-07-12, 1:22 am
I am so ready for next weekend guys! I was in Columbus for the Arnold and experienced my first ABC and was hooked!

GUNS
09-07-12, 8:19 am
Awesome to have you! Going to be a great one! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Appollonian
09-07-12, 10:09 pm
Glad you can make it!!

Yeah bro I got it; we got some Pre workout goodies, some pamphlets, a bumper sticker, and banner!

On a sad note my wife will most likely not making it. We'll have to hit it that much harder.

BRIGNAC
09-08-12, 9:27 am
U kno im along for the ride Guns, Football and Liftin gonna be a great weekend! Also my first ABC so it will be intresting!

The Pistol
09-08-12, 12:55 pm
anyone know the final count? Gonna be my first ABC as well, im pumped!

Appollonian
09-08-12, 1:55 pm
The list I sent to Corporate was this

Guns
Appollonian
kill i oughtta
Brad23
gr33n3ggsandsam

They sent enough Rage samplers for this and then some. If we get more people than samplers I'll bring some of my own Rage.

Appollonian
09-08-12, 3:13 pm
I'm getting pumped! I had a bad connection earlier so didn't he to add all I wanted to say...

Glad everyone can make it, gonna have a good time and good eats after! And if you have a significant other that wants to come that's great, and if someone wants to come at the last minute that rocks too!

GUNS
09-09-12, 1:16 am
Yeah buddy! I will have a whole clan with me.

Big Jimmer
09-09-12, 6:05 pm
I'm in. I have the shirt from way back in the day.

Appollonian
09-10-12, 8:51 am

Fantastic! Have you ever been to the NAC? I've been once and thought it was pretty good, with enough variety to keep a good crowd going.

GUNS
09-10-12, 9:00 am

Awesome, good to have you!

Big Jimmer
09-10-12, 6:47 pm
Yes I have been to the NAC once. Decent place. A lil too "nice" of a place to train all the time tho. It has that athletic club feel. I just happened to check out the animal forvm yesterday and saw this thread. I may be able to swing the jackson one too. We'll see tho. What all is being trained?

Appollonian
09-10-12, 8:49 pm
It was central to area for everyone, so that's why I chose it; I don't know of any really hardcore places unfortunately.

GUNS and I are training shoulders and biceps, not sure about everyone else.

GUNS
09-10-12, 9:16 pm
Josh, can you do a 4some? Was thinking of having my son and Brignac train with us? Totally up to you, I already told them they might have to do there own thing!

Big Jimmer
09-10-12, 9:46 pm
Nah its cool. I'm prolly going to do a short leg session. Leg curls, sumo leg press, lunges and leg Extensions. That should get me nice and hungry.

Appollonian
09-10-12, 10:13 pm
Josh, can you do a 4some? Was thinking of having my son and Brignac train with us? Totally up to you, I already told them they might have to do there own thing!

Sounds good to me; there will be a lot of extra energy pumping it up!

GUNS
09-10-12, 10:36 pm
Sounds good to me; there will be a lot of extra energy pumping it up!Coool, I think we can keep a good pace goping and it might be close to the right rest time.

bigkahuna08
09-11-12, 12:11 am
Hey guys, who is training what part? I def would like to train with someone! Cant wait to check out NAC and meet some local Animals

BRIGNAC
09-12-12, 10:39 pm
Yo guys im sorry i did not get a chance to order a yellow shirt. Im pretty bummed abt it. But will be sportin an animal Tee for sure. Wish there was a local store for animals to walk in and buy one tho! Cant wait to train gettin pretty anxious abt it!

GUNS
09-13-12, 9:48 am
Hey guys, who is training what part? I def would like to train with someone! Cant wait to check out NAC and meet some local AnimalsMe and app along with brigand and my son will be hitting shoulders an bicep.

Yo guys im sorry i did not get a chance to order a yellow shirt. Im pretty bummed abt it. But will be sportin an animal Tee for sure. Wish there was a local store for animals to walk in and buy one tho! Cant wait to train gettin pretty anxious abt it!

No worries. All Animals are welcome.

Brad23
09-13-12, 12:01 pm
Sorry to do this guys but I have to back out of this weekends events. I just don't have to funds due to last min car repairs.......

GUNS
09-13-12, 12:36 pm
Aw man that sucks. Was looking forward to meeting you.

Brad23
09-13-12, 5:17 pm
Aw man that sucks. Was looking forward to meeting you.
I was really hoping for the same with you and everyone else but Just not able to make it bro. Thats life at time I guess, It loves throwing me curves lol.

GUNS
09-13-12, 5:42 pm
Yeah, it does all of us!

bigkahuna08
09-13-12, 7:41 pm
Awesome man! sounds good working legs tomorrow before a 12 hr night shift so ill be fresh saturday night

Appollonian
09-14-12, 9:56 am
That's too bad Brad23, maybe next time.

My back still isn't 100% Jimmy, so I might have to take it easy on shrug work, but I'll still bring all I got, even if it's not quite 100%. My wife isn't going to make the session, but she might be able to make the dinner.

J-Dawg
09-14-12, 10:21 am
Enjoy the session this weekend fellas!

Big Jimmer
09-14-12, 11:37 am
I'm getting a tooth pulled today hopefully but I'm still going to try and make it. We'll see.

GUNS
09-14-12, 12:10 pm
That's too bad Brad23, maybe next time.

My back still isn't 100% Jimmy, so I might have to take it easy on shrug work, but I'll still bring all I got, even if it's not quite 100%. My wife isn't going to make the session, but she might be able to make the dinner.No worries! We can hit up some higher rep shrugs with lighter weight. Hope she can make it to dinner and bring the kid along!

Enjoy the session this weekend fellas!Thanks J, will do!

I'm getting a tooth pulled today hopefully but I'm still going to try and make it. We'll see.Yeah Buddy!

MRmichael.hooker
09-14-12, 3:25 pm
Can't believe i'm missing this this year, espeically since last years was only Jimmy and me lol. Plan some shit when I don't have Army going on lol. Hopefully i'll make it next year

Appollonian
09-14-12, 5:02 pm
Next time Michael!

Everyone just needs an ID, you're all my guests for free!

BRIGNAC
09-14-12, 8:26 pm
1 day away! Awesome cant wait!

GUNS
09-14-12, 8:39 pm
Driving up right now from the coast with brignac in my back seat. Can't beat a weekend with my sons college football and then an Abc.

GUNS
09-16-12, 6:47 pm
Was running a few minutes late, got there about 15 minutes after. But walked in and met up with App, Big Kahuna, and I had Brignac and GUNSII with me along with my wife to do the video and pics. Signed in and went to work getting a game plan down. Decided it wouldnt be bad to just have all 5 of us working together and just keep it going. Started out with some BB OHP, Side DB laterals, Seated front bar laterals then realized the gym was gonna be closing soon(8 pm on Sat), went into some VBar cable curls and then some single arm machine curls. I feel pretty good about the workout and had a pretty good pump going. We pretty much stayed inside and signed the Animal banner and took some pics. Big Kahuna couldnt stick around for some grub, but the rest of us went to IHOP for some post workout food. Josh brought his wife and kid. You have a great family man!

Really good to finally meet App(Josh), and Big Kahuna(Chris)! Hope you guys enjoyed the workout and hope your super sore for a few days, lol! I have a ton of vids and pics and will get something put together tomorrow and share everything. We grew a little this year, was hoping a few more of the guys who showed interest would have showed, but we will keep this thing going and hopefully keep growing each time!

Appollonian
09-17-12, 8:13 am
Jimmy it was awesome to finally meet you and your family and friend. Like you said at the ABC, we've talked so much already it was just like seeing someone again after an extended period of time. Your family and friend are very nice and a source of inspiration.

I'm sorry the gym closed so early and the volume was a bit down compared to what we could've done, but it was the nicest gym I could think of (and free). I think the big group of us doing the same workout was awesome. Seeing everyone's technique and the energy was great.

My shoulders and biceps are SORE, much more sore than they normally are, thanks to the refined technique on the laterals, and the unique (to me at least) way of doing front raises. After 3 sets of v-bar cable curls my biceps were more pumped then some days of doing 10-12 sets of curls. Needless to say the workout will help refine my workouts for some time to come.

I'll keep trying to drum up support amongst my family, friends, and people on here to have a bigger ABC next time. A near tripling in attendees isn't bad, that would mean next time we'll have 15!

BRIGNAC
09-17-12, 3:22 pm
Was def nice to meet you josh and chris. Always nice to work out with new people. Will be attending the next for sure. Hopefully a bigger crowed will show up.

GUNS
09-21-12, 5:47 pm
http://youtu.be/H9UBGuzNdcQ

Here is the vid folks! There is music loading so it may take a few to load. Sorry it took so long, have alot going on. I actually made a vid on Monday and lost the whole thing. lol! Great time guys!

Appollonian
09-21-12, 6:01 pm
That's awesome Jimmy! You've been busy no worries, thanks for putting it together.

Bigin
11-17-12, 1:38 am
When is the next one????? I just watched the vid and let me just say I WANT IN!!!!

Solid Dreams
11-17-12, 1:43 am
Haha, just watched this video, good ol App towering over EVERYBODY

Appollonian
11-17-12, 9:21 am
When is the next one????? I just watched the vid and let me just say I WANT IN!!!!

It really depends on what people want to do; out of the 5 last time 3 came from Mississippi. We had others commit but things came up and they couldn't make it. If we could drum up support ten I think we could have one relatively soon. I know GUNS will want to have another ABC next year, but I really think we can get one on way before that.

Haha, just watched this video, good ol App towering over EVERYBODY

Haha, I'm a bit taller than average lol.

GUNS
11-17-12, 9:23 am
It really depends on what people want to do; out of the 5 last time 3 came from Mississippi. We had others commit but things came up and they couldn't make it. If we could drum up support ten I think we could have one relatively soon. I know GUNS will want to have another ABC next year, but I really think we can get one on way before that.

Go for it! Hope you guys can get one together!

BRIGNAC
11-17-12, 11:22 am

If yall get one together maybe we will make another trip up. Im sure my other half would like to see nashville anyway. Maybe a good reason to get away for a weekend. Just depends on the date due to work her school and the baby.

Appollonian
11-20-12, 1:44 pm
Go for it! Hope you guys can get one together!

If we can get all the 'maybes' that couldn't make it to the last event to turn into "LET'S DO THIS!" and have a few more, too, I'll start planning another event.

Five might be a bit smaller compared to the NE events, but I think 5-10 people is doable and we could have a few events per year.

I'm still trying at my local level to get people together with little luck. Never giving up.

If yall get one together maybe we will make another trip up. Im sure my other half would like to see nashville anyway. Maybe a good reason to get away for a weekend. Just depends on the date due to work her school and the baby.

It'll be enough notice so you can have input on whatever date you could make it.

Bigin
11-23-12, 12:49 am
If all else, I will gladly talk to my gym mgr and see if we could do it there. Im halfway between the guys from Ms and Nashvegas. Pm me if that is an option. Im sure I could probably drum up some more guys to do this in my town.

Appollonian
11-26-12, 1:15 pm
If all else, I will gladly talk to my gym mgr and see if we could do it there. Im halfway between the guys from Ms and Nashvegas. Pm me if that is an option. Im sure I could probably drum up some more guys to do this in my town.

I'm open for pretty much any 'middle Tennessee' location.

If 2/3 of the crew isn't from Nashville, then it makes sense to find a more central location. When it gets closer to a time when more people can commit with a strong "yes", then we can just see where everyone is located and go from there.

Thanks for the offer Bigin.

Bigin
11-27-12, 8:26 am
That works for me. Just keep me posted. Looking forward to meeting everyone.