PDA

View Full Version : The texas method questions

scouse
07-06-12, 1:33 pm
Allright guys I am looking on starting the texas method and I have a few questions about it.

does this template look fine

monday 5x5
squat
bench-or ohp
deadlift 5rep max
over head shrugs and 45 degree shrugs 2x15 each

wednesday light day
barbell complex
ohp or bench
weighted pullups or chinups 3x5
curls 3x8
core and neck work.

friday
squat
bench or ohp
pendlay row

2.I have a shoulder impingement issue which I have had for a long time now and I think I know how to fix it after reading up on a few things.
One thing I dont know is how often I could do these corrective exercises and what days can I do them on

exercises I am going to start doing

(thinking of doing these at the warm up)
wall slides
scapula pushups
band pull aparts

and then these at the end of the workouts

facepulls
elevated and staggered pushups
says here that they may help with my problem http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/pushups_face_pulls_and_shrugs

scouse
07-06-12, 1:44 pm
3.I do kickboxing and muay thai (not competing) and I was wondering would I benefit more from a certain rep range (out of 2-5) on the Intensity day than another ?

4.last question,is it POSSIBLE for me to go from a 75kg bench press to 100kg bench press by the end of the year(with hardwork and good diet ect ect) been stuck at 75 for a while and now am going back on a strength program my aim is to bench that by around December

Mizzarler
07-06-12, 2:01 pm
2.I have a shoulder impingement issue which I have had for a long time now and I think I know how to fix it after reading up on a few things.

Don't press 3xweek. That's a disaster. Once is plenty...hard and heavy. Check my sig.

scouse
07-06-12, 2:09 pm
Don't press 3xweek. That's a disaster. Once is plenty...hard and heavy. Check my sig.

the wednesdays is only a light day

it is supposed to be a good program from what I have read.

edit-where is your sig ?

scouse
07-07-12, 6:07 am
has any one here done the texas method ? if so what where your results ?

scouse
07-07-12, 9:09 am
scrap that first workout this is what am going to do

monday 5x5 90% of 5 rep max
squat
bench
deadlift 1x5
weighted pullups 3x5

wednesday light day
barbell complex-deadlift,hangclean,front squat,press 12 reps each exercise x3 use about 40-50kg
curls 3x8
core and lower back work

friday 5 rep max
squat
bench
pullup
pendlay row 3x8
assistance work-calf raises,shrugs,wrist roller,handgrippers

roatte the bench and press when I stall on the bench