PDA

View Full Version : 25lb gain in 1 week

Youngsir620
07-09-12, 11:04 pm
This guy claims to have put on 25lbs in only a week.some of it fat, muscle,and water. Is it b.s? Here's the article.
http://www.hugorivera.net/how-i-gained-25-pounds-in-one-week.html

Carrnage
07-09-12, 11:28 pm
This guy claims to have put on 25lbs in only a week.some of it fat, muscle,and water. Is it b.s? Here's the article.
http://www.hugorivera.net/how-i-gained-25-pounds-in-one-week.html

Why would it be B.S?

If you read the whole article he explained exactly how he did it.

Kill i oughtta
07-10-12, 12:43 am
Why would it be B.S?

If you read the whole article he explained exactly how he did it.

definatley possible if your rebounding off of a strict diet lol i gained 14 pounds the day after my first show.

Solid Dreams
07-10-12, 1:17 am
Tim Ferriss says he did 4 hours (total) of gym over 4 weeks and gained 34 pounds of muscle.

Then showed the pictures. Dont know how legit it is, but still, he definitely got much bigger (even though he was kind of puny). Crazy things happen!

http://beachreadybody.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tim-ferriss-b4.jpg

ThatLittleMonster
07-10-12, 2:00 am
Its possible, look at prof boxers, they take there weigh ins, and fight 24 hours later, they pack on 4-5 pounds in that time before they step in to that ring the next night. def possible

papercut
07-10-12, 4:22 am
Its possible, look at prof boxers, they take there weigh ins, and fight 24 hours later, they pack on 4-5 pounds in that time before they step in to that ring the next night. def possible
GSP claims that he can weigh in at 170lbs and by the time he enters the ring the following night he is anywhere from 190-200lbs.

Bruiser
07-10-12, 7:19 am
You ever see a pro powerlifter during the 12-18 hours between weigh in and competition? Lol. The Kroc usually puts 20-25 lbs on overnight!

MRmichael.hooker
07-10-12, 7:34 am
use to do the shit all the time before wrestling meets. Weigh in at 141.99999 (for 142 weight class lol). Then by the time i was on the mat, id be 150. I would barely eat shit all day, and have zero water. Second i started drinking water and ate a really good meal or 2, i'd be up in the 150s. I've seen guys trying to get in the Army wrap themselves in sarandwrap, and lose 15lbs of water overnight, weigh in, and gain those 15lbs right back once they started pounding water and ate some sodium

PORTERHOUSE
07-10-12, 9:53 am
I agree with everyone that it's possible, but from a bodybuilding standpoint, there is really no point in doing this to yourself. I always work hard to avoid rebounding, he is just maximizing the rebound effect... it's basically water and fat.

Aggression
07-10-12, 10:06 am
25lbs in one week? Sure. As others have said, its easy to gain that much weight when coming off a contest diet or binging after weigh-ins for a PL meet. For my last meet, I sucked down to 217 for weigh ins and I went to bed just a few hours later around 230. Its all water weight. No one is gaining 25lbs of MUSCLE in 1 week.

Youngsir620
07-10-12, 10:22 am
25lbs in one week? Sure. As others have said, its easy to gain that much weight when coming off a contest diet or binging after weigh-ins for a PL meet. For my last meet, I sucked down to 217 for weigh ins and I went to bed just a few hours later around 230. Its all water weight. No one is gaining 25lbs of MUSCLE in 1 week.

Exactly, this guy is claiming to put on muscle. I know of plenty of wrestlers in high school who put on easy 10lbs after a weigh-in, not muscle tho.

zubda345
07-10-12, 12:26 pm
(Anybody here thinks that) Do genetics play any part in this?

Solid Dreams
07-10-12, 1:26 pm
use to do the shit all the time before wrestling meets. Weigh in at 141.99999 (for 142 weight class lol). Then by the time i was on the mat, id be 150. I would barely eat shit all day, and have zero water. Second i started drinking water and ate a really good meal or 2, i'd be up in the 150s. I've seen guys trying to get in the Army wrap themselves in sarandwrap, and lose 15lbs of water overnight, weigh in, and gain those 15lbs right back once they started pounding water and ate some sodium

^^ I did this as well. I'd weigh in at 214.5 and then blimp up to 225 easily.

This guy is saying its a little bit of fat, water, and muscle, his point is that it forces fascia stretching so that later on you get the real deal.

Solid Dreams
07-10-12, 1:27 pm
(Anybody here thinks that) Do genetics play any part in this?

Nothing to do with genetics, just water manipulation and diet rebound.

ThatLittleMonster
07-10-12, 3:45 pm
Nothing to do with genetics, just water manipulation and diet rebound.

Agreed. i did it for wrestling as well.

P Diesel
07-15-12, 8:52 am
fat and muscle will not b accounted for over a 1 week time frame. the gain or loss over a week would almost completely b water

P