PDA

View Full Version : My Journey to the Flex Pro

Wrath
07-11-12, 4:20 pm
Alot of people ask when I'm getting on stage again. Well 2013 flex pro is it
! Starting my now. Working on my weak points working not only on my body but also my mind. This game is all mental. This is going to be one of my hardest battles, but I'm used to fighting them and welcome it! I will keep you guys up date on my progress. All your support over the years keeps me coming back. We all need that push to keep us going. So thank you all!

The longest journey starts with a single foot step

Wrath

Kill i oughtta
07-11-12, 4:21 pm
! Starting my now. Working on my weak points working not only on my body but also my mind. This game is all mental. This is going to be one of my hardest battles, but I'm used to fighting them and welcome it! I will keep you guys up date on my progress. All your support over the years keeps me coming back. We all need that push to keep us going. So thank you all!

Wrath

Lets gOOOOOO its about time you got back on stage we all know your going to kill it brotha im going to live in this thread.

G Diesel
07-11-12, 4:23 pm
GO HARD motherfucker... I want to see your ass around here on the regular.

Your potential is limitless and the fellas around here have a way of keeping us accountable and in check.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
07-11-12, 4:24 pm
Awesome...!!!

DetroitMuscle
07-11-12, 5:47 pm
Do work Frank, Rania and I are rootin for ya this year! Hope all is well "broski" :P

-Rob

mritter3
07-11-12, 6:36 pm
Hell ya Frank! Looking forward to following along, your a huge inspiration to a lot of us in here and embody exactly what animal is all about...tear it up man!

Kill i oughtta
07-11-12, 8:14 pm
GO HARD motherfucker... I want to see your ass around here on the regular.

Your potential is limitless and the fellas around here have a way of keeping us accountable and in check.

Peace, G

Amen

MRmichael.hooker
07-11-12, 8:30 pm
GO HARD motherfucker...

fuck ya! Bring home that hardware bro!

P Diesel
07-12-12, 12:53 am
i wish u luck on ur own personal journey bro both mental and physical. its never ending and ever changing

P

Tiger
07-12-12, 3:11 am
We're all behind ya, bro! Kill it!

Razor
07-12-12, 7:36 am
Awesome Frank. Agree with G in that you need to post more bro. Definitely look forward to lots of posts in here on your progress and if possible your training sessions.

C.Coronato
07-12-12, 8:15 am
Glad to see your back in it. Your drive and determination is unmatched brother. Looking forward to it.

Universal Rep
07-12-12, 8:17 am
Boom shakalaka.... Subbed and in for the ride.

JakeNautingham
07-12-12, 8:46 am
Nice to see our bredrin wrath out and about posting on the animal site. lookin forward to your journy good bloke

how often will you post updates?

Wrath
07-12-12, 9:16 am
Just coming off a a lay off gave my body a break. But enough of that pussy shit! Time to smash some weights . Doing back today gonna let you guys know how it goes what I did and shit. Thanks for all the support. Best group of meat heads a guy could ask for

Go hard!

Wrath

Sprint
07-12-12, 9:55 am
Definitely in for this.

You've been a huge inspiration for me over the years.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Madcat
07-12-12, 10:53 am
Definitely pumped for this! The return video you shot was amazing and truly shows your dedication. Can't wait!

Solid Dreams
07-12-12, 10:59 am
Definitely in for this.

You've been a huge inspiration for me over the years.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

^ Pretty much everyone here, I'd imagine.

You're one of the biggest, most well known names in bodybuilding: you're on every gym wall that I've been to.

You are the man! totally in for this.

naturalguy
07-12-12, 12:37 pm
Awesome, I will be following along

GRTGDN
07-12-12, 1:41 pm
Looking forward to seeing your progress Frank!!

Theonidus
07-12-12, 1:48 pm
I guess G did finally drive up to Toronto to sit you back in front of your computer. Definitely subbed for this, Raw McGraw.

shortstack
07-12-12, 1:54 pm
It will be awesome to see you working towards that show and posting about how the training goes.

Jeremy

GUNS
07-12-12, 3:00 pm
Good to see you back in here!

Bard of Rage
07-12-12, 3:45 pm
Kill them you magnificent bastard.

Wrath
07-13-12, 10:42 am
Back workout yesterday wa pretty solid. Here's the run down

-Chins
Just body weight
1 set 20 reps
2 x 15
3 x.12
4 x 12

- row In te Conner

Worked up to 6 plates for 8 reps

-Seat cable row

Worked up to he stack for set of 10

-machine pullovers

4 plates sets of 10-15

- few sets of hypers

Strength is coming back up. We are just getting started
Got any question ask away

Wrath

Vinny G
07-13-12, 10:50 am
Awesome to hear, we all got your back when you compete.

J-Dawg
07-13-12, 10:56 am
Awesome Wrath! Very cool to see ya posting up your routine and spreading around your knowledge the rest of us knewbs.

The Iron Gumby
07-13-12, 10:57 am
Back workout yesterday wa pretty solid. Here's the run down

-Chins
Just body weight
1 set 20 reps
2 x 15
3 x.12
4 x 12

- row In te Conner

Worked up to 6 plates for 8 reps

-Seat cable row

Worked up to he stack for set of 10

-machine pullovers

4 plates sets of 10-15

- few sets of hypers

Strength is coming back up. We are just getting started
Got any question ask away

Wrath

"Strength is coming back up."

Hell yeah, bro, that's a strong workout.

Wrath
07-17-12, 4:04 pm
Legs last night. I was too sick to write on the forum! Here how it went down

-Laying ham curls
5 sets not sure the weight but almost the hole stack

-one leg standing leg curl
4 sets

-legs press
Worked up to 12 plates aside for 35 reps

-squats
Work up to 315 2 sets of 20

I was sick as fack after that!
Had big Greg Kovacs spotting me

- leg ex
3 sets of 20-25 reps

Just getting back into it but I was happy with the workout

Wrath
07-17-12, 4:12 pm
I was too sick!

G Diesel
07-17-12, 4:14 pm
KOVACS... Holy fack. That is epic.

Peace, G

Wrath
07-17-12, 4:21 pm
The guy is still like 340+. Shakes my hand. Makes you feel pretty small
All the way big dude!

B Con
07-17-12, 4:25 pm
Hell yeah do work brother. Show 'em the Frank.

G Diesel
07-17-12, 4:26 pm
All the way big dude!

The dude is a LEGEND of the hardcore mass monster culture, regardless of what the haters say.

There was an article in Flex magazine about him in the 90s that was insane. I have to track it down.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
07-17-12, 4:44 pm
Boom shakalaka.... Subbed and in for the ride.

U R late...

mritter3
07-17-12, 6:27 pm
Awesome workouts frank! How's the diet going? Anything special or out of the ordinary?

Machine
07-17-12, 9:03 pm
Glad to hear Greg is doing well - our little world never really appreciated him...good thing he doesn't give a fuck.

Givem hell Wrath - your journey is great to follow

MACHINE

GUNS
07-18-12, 2:21 am
"worked up to 12 pps for only 35 reps" Fucking retarded! Killer wheels day Wrath! And Kovacs is a monster! I dont care what the judges thought, the guy is a beast!

kcburrows
07-18-12, 9:34 am
THE MAN IS BACK!!!! This is the best news yet Frank. Go kill that shit, and show them motherfuckers who the top dog is!

VinceRkg
07-20-12, 3:39 pm
Hell ya Frank...keep it up brotha...DO WORK haha...glad I got back on forum just in time to see you get back on stage. Hows diet looking as posted earlier?

J-Dawg
07-20-12, 3:48 pm
All the way big dude!

That's awesome Wrath. Must be awesome training with a monster like that.

Wrath
07-21-12, 10:25 am
My diet is pretty good right now. A lot of pasta, white rice, bagels, pancakes, beef 3 times a day. As you can see a lot of fast digesting carbs. It's a lot of food but it's going down easy!!!
Arms today, I will post later how it went.

There is only so many tomorrows. Do it today!

Wrath

Bard of Rage
07-21-12, 11:43 am
My diet is pretty good right now. A lot of pasta, white rice, bagels, pancakes, beef 3 times a day. As you can see a lot of fast digesting carbs. It's a lot of food but it's going down easy!!!
Arms today, I will post later how it went.

There is only so many tomorrows. Do it today!

Wrath

Damn it man that sounds good! I'm on a cut and just finished a legs session and you're making me hungrier thinking about it.

Joe J
07-21-12, 8:17 pm
You've got this Frank! I owe my life to you bro, I stumbled across 'The Journey' completely randomly a few years back searching the web when I was just looking for some tips on what to do in the gym, as I'd never been before but knew I needed to get into better shape. From the day I read that I have dreamt of being a pro. I was 15 years old, 165lbs and 25% bodyfat, I'm now 18, 200lbs and 11% bodyfat. Sorry for the rambling but just trying to show how much of a motivation you are brother, good luck, you've got this for sure!

RedlegDbell
07-22-12, 12:01 am
In for this too. Best of luck Frank! Great to see you posting in here again.

Wrath
07-23-12, 2:01 pm
You've got this Frank! I owe my life to you bro, I stumbled across 'The Journey' completely randomly a few years back searching the web when I was just looking for some tips on what to do in the gym, as I'd never been before but knew I needed to get into better shape. From the day I read that I have dreamt of being a pro. I was 15 years old, 165lbs and 25% bodyfat, I'm now 18, 200lbs and 11% bodyfat. Sorry for the rambling but just trying to show how much of a motivation you are brother, good luck, you've got this for sure!

That's awesome, I was around the same age when I started. Just keep doing what your doing, bodybuilding changed my life . Keep us up dated on your progress

Wrath
07-27-12, 12:37 pm
Back yesterday pumps are getting better every day

-Lat pull down 5 sets

-seated cable row (straight bar) 5 sets

- hammer strength row 4 sets

- hammer pull Downs( fuck I don't know what's its called)

- lat pull down machine 3 sets

- hypers bar behind neck ( dorian Yates style)

About 1- 1.5 mins rest between sets

Time to grow !!!

Bombboy
07-27-12, 12:50 pm
Sick work Wrath, looking forward to more!

BB

Coogi
07-28-12, 2:57 am
Awsome Frank!

The reason i started working out was beacuse of you man! Good luck at the Flex !

Grettings from Sweden!

\m/

John B
07-29-12, 12:53 pm
Never say no . . .

B Con
07-30-12, 11:06 am
Stay focused Frank. You still do heavy deads with your training?

U Mad Brah?
07-30-12, 11:09 am
nice brahs... wrath brah is up in here brahs...

Wrath
07-30-12, 8:30 pm
It's been a few weeks now back training hard and eating a goo offseason diet weighted in today 259. 10 pounds back on not to bad. Plan is 275- 280 and still stayin kinda lean. Eating pancakes every morning is work ha!

solomon_caine
08-01-12, 6:53 am
sic'em, Wrath!!

Tiger
08-01-12, 7:01 am
Eating pancakes every morning is work ha!

Sweet, delicious work!

kcburrows
08-01-12, 8:58 am
It's been a few weeks now back training hard and eating a goo offseason diet weighted in today 259. 10 pounds back on not to bad. Plan is 275- 280 and still stayin kinda lean. Eating pancakes every morning is work ha!

gotta make em choc chip pancakes!!! Its great to see you back frank

Wrath
08-06-12, 1:18 pm
Sitting around 265 today things are going good. Hitting legs up with Yates today . The guys really pushes me when I need it. I will let you know how the workout goes later today. 7 months out!

G Diesel
08-06-12, 1:31 pm
Big week coming up for you bro. Make the most of it. No time to waste.

Peace, G

naturalguy
08-06-12, 1:58 pm
Sitting around 265 today things are going good. Hitting legs up with Yates today . The guys really pushes me when I need it. I will let you know how the workout goes later today. 7 months out!

As in Dorian Yates???????????

Wrath
08-12-12, 11:56 pm
As in Dorian Yates???????????

No yates on the forum. things are going good i was 268 today and strength is coming up. Had to leave my ego at home when i started back, i was 248 when i went back and alot weaker. 20 pounds in about 6 weeks. and it never gets easy but I love this shit . now i remember why i put my self though this every had. Even with my injuries and the pain. its all worth it every day. when you have love for something there is nothing you wont do to do it!!!

deanna7272
08-13-12, 1:28 am
Eating pancakes every morning is work ha!

It would take me no time at all getting to 275-280 eating pancakes every morning. One thing I can guarantee, I wouldn't be as pretty as you will be at 275...lol

I'm in for the ride too, I can't wait to see ya back up there!!

Hortybob
08-13-12, 2:41 am
My favorite thing about the Animal family is all of the support these guys are showin you, GET EM WRATH!!!!!

Brometheus
08-13-12, 9:42 pm
Can't wait to see you hit the stage again man!

kcburrows
08-14-12, 8:42 am
Hey Frank When your training like this trying to pack on size do you still do cardio?

Wrath
08-18-12, 11:24 pm
Hey Frank When your training like this trying to pack on size do you still do cardio?

Yeah i still do a little cardio 25-30 mins about 5 days a week.. helps keep little leaner because fat is fat, we are training to gain muscle here. Also it helps me with my appetite.

novascotia_muscl
08-25-12, 10:34 pm
Frank,

I've gotta be one of your biggest fans. I just can't believe that I've found you here. The first time that I saw you was at the Nova Scotia bodybuilding competition where you were a guest poser. Dude, I'd never seen anything as fucking HUGE as you. Ever since then, you've become my gold standard in bodybuilding. I want to become huge like you!!!

I'm super pumped that you've competing again, I'm certain that you've dominate the competition.

Bro, I've just gotta ask you. My bodybuilding buddy and I have been arguing over how big your arms are. I say more than 22 inches. So, pumped and flexed, how big are those huge guns of yours?

Thanks bro!

Tbrat
08-26-12, 3:24 pm
Yes b'y! Stoked to see you back into it hard, you going to be posting any training videos in the near future?

JoshLandry
08-26-12, 5:22 pm
Frank im deff subbed in for this crazy ride!! you a huge inspiration to me keep killing it and im pumped to see you on stage again my friend!!

Wrath
08-29-12, 1:30 pm
Frank,

I've gotta be one of your biggest fans. I just can't believe that I've found you here. The first time that I saw you was at the Nova Scotia bodybuilding competition where you were a guest poser. Dude, I'd never seen anything as fucking HUGE as you. Ever since then, you've become my gold standard in bodybuilding. I want to become huge like you!!!

I'm super pumped that you've competing again, I'm certain that you've dominate the competition.

Bro, I've just gotta ask you. My bodybuilding buddy and I have been arguing over how big your arms are. I say more than 22 inches. So, pumped and flexed, how big are those huge guns of yours?

Thanks bro!

hey thanks, I remember that show. As for my arms i dont measure them any more but i remember a time i did and pumped they were 22. Now focusing on making them more developed. But every one wants huge guns!!!

Wrath
08-29-12, 1:35 pm
Frank im deff subbed in for this crazy ride!! you a huge inspiration to me keep killing it and im pumped to see you on stage again my friend!!

Hey thanks man things are going good, just got to get some legs like you you big freak!

GUNS
08-29-12, 3:52 pm
hey thanks, I remember that show. As for my arms i dont measure them any more but i remember a time i did and pumped they were 22. Now focusing on making them more developed. But every one wants huge guns!!!

Yes they do! lol!

kcburrows
08-30-12, 9:02 am
Hey thanks man things are going good, just got to get some legs like you you big freak!

i think is safe to say Josh is on cloud 9. He is as big of a wrath fan as they come. to have your bodybuilding hero call you a big freak...Ultimate compliment!!!

Kingslayer
08-30-12, 9:33 pm
One of the seven deadliest back at it? Welcome back Wrath!

Wrath
09-01-12, 1:12 pm
Thanks good to be back! For all you guys going to the Olympia, i will be stopping by the Universal booth to say hi and chat. Just want to thank all my fans, you guys are the best fans a guy could ask for ! when many turned there backs and thought i was done and finsih, you guy never lost faith in me. And a big part of that is why i still do what I do today. My next show is for all who believed in me. Now see you all at the Mr O!!!!!

warg
09-01-12, 1:34 pm
Thanks good to be back! For all you guys going to the Olympia, i will be stopping by the Universal booth to say hi and chat. Just want to thank all my fans, you guys are the best fans a guy could ask for ! when many turned there backs and thought i was done and finsih, you guy never lost faith in me. And a big part of that is why i still do what I do today. My next show is for all who believed in me. Now see you all at the Mr O!!!!!
Please stop by some europe country as well *wink*

kcburrows
09-13-12, 3:15 pm
any new updates wrath? I seen dorian was talking about doing some wrath training vids...any word on those?

IrishMike
09-20-12, 1:44 pm
My 8 year olds Teacher told me that when she asked my son why he always gets a side salad with his lunch; that his reply was,

"My Daddy says that eating greens will make me look all Frank McGrathy"

She thought it was hilarious that a conversation with an 8 year old lead to her learning the benefits of NO in the body.

We are both huge fans, he has aspirations of being a Doctor and pro Bodybyuilder

-IrishMike

awayoflife
09-23-12, 6:03 am
SUBBED!!! Wrath you are a true inspiration to us all! A few years back I was totally out of shape, the worst shape of my life and I said enough is enough! I started going to the gym, I had drive but I lacked direction, and that’s when I found Animal Pak. That was the day that changed my life! When I first saw pictures of you and read “The Journey” something in my mind just clicked and I was hooked! You were my biggest inspiration and your training videos helped me learn how to properly train and do certain exercises. I am a huge fan to say the least and I wish you the best of luck, I know you can do it!

Shukin
09-23-12, 9:24 am
How is everything going in here?

Enforcer
09-23-12, 12:00 pm

Wrath

Wishin you all the best Frank, I know you will put all your effort towards that show. Def. in for this journey

Wrath
09-24-12, 5:17 pm
My 8 year olds Teacher told me that when she asked my son why he always gets a side salad with his lunch; that his reply was,

"My Daddy says that eating greens will make me look all Frank McGrathy"

She thought it was hilarious that a conversation with an 8 year old lead to her learning the benefits of NO in the body.

We are both huge fans, he has aspirations of being a Doctor and pro Bodybyuilder

-IrishMike

thats pretty cool your 8 year old would say that makes me feel like im doing something right in this crazy world. Thanks for sharing keep eating!!!! And also thanks to you all ,hearing that i inspire you guys means alot to me. and in turn inspires me to move forward and do things i never thought i could do. So thanks guys

Wrath

Wrath
09-24-12, 5:23 pm
was gonna psot a pic not sure how?

GUNS
09-24-12, 6:01 pm
I could pm you my email and you could send it to me and I'll put it up for ya!

World Eater
09-25-12, 12:46 pm
was gonna psot a pic not sure how?
Upload it through tinypic.com or whatever site you prefer and put it between img tags.

Like this... (without the stars)
[*img]http://www.fiftiesweb.com/wt/frank-mcgraff-hb.jpg[/img*]

Result... Yes, this fella was right next to your image on google. Haha.

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/wt/frank-mcgraff-hb.jpg

Mike Johnson
10-02-12, 4:33 pm
Don't forget you gotta join your fellow Canadians invade the NY Pro...we're gonna take NY by STORM!!!

Mike

JoshLandry
10-02-12, 4:36 pm
Don't forget you gotta join your fellow Canadians invade the NY Pro...we're gonna take NY by STORM!!!

Mike

As long as I'm not competing that weekend ill deff be there!!

Mike Johnson
10-02-12, 4:54 pm
As long as I'm not competing that weekend ill deff be there!!

good to hear bro

JoshLandry
10-02-12, 4:56 pm
good to hear bro

Yeah buddy I definitely go to give some support to Antoine and plus it's only like two hours for my house

IrishMike
10-02-12, 5:12 pm
You're a great inspiration to my us. Last july, I was 320 lbs at just over 6 ft. I was on blood pressure meds and suffering severe pain due to all of that weight. My waist was 52 inches.
I was only 33!
I wanted to diet and begin training, but didn't have the courage or confidence to begin. All I did was make excuses.
I began dieting and taking Animal Pak to supplement a high protein diet. When I saw the icon logo, I had to find out if "that back on the can was real". When I researched, I stubled upon your story(the accident, recovery).
Suddenly, my diet and lack of exercise didn't seem like things I couldn't overcome.
I am now 255, my doctor says she thinks I lost a lot more of that in fat.

Whenever I feel like I'm gonna puke, I think of the pics of your stitches and I "do my work"l to quote house.
My wife has even begun weight training.
Thanks
Irish Mike

RedlegDbell
10-02-12, 10:39 pm
You're a great inspiration to my us. Last july, I was 320 lbs at just over 6 ft. I was on blood pressure meds and suffering severe pain due to all of that weight. My waist was 52 inches.
I was only 33!
I wanted to diet and begin training, but didn't have the courage or confidence to begin. All I did was make excuses.
I began dieting and taking Animal Pak to supplement a high protein diet. When I saw the icon logo, I had to find out if "that back on the can was real". When I researched, I stubled upon your story(the accident, recovery).
Suddenly, my diet and lack of exercise didn't seem like things I couldn't overcome.

Whenever I feel like I'm gonna puke, I think of the pics of your stitches and I "do my work"l to quote house.
Thanks
Irish Mike

That's awesome Mike! Huge congrats on making the decision. I hope you get a chance to get to an ABC and get after it with some other Animals. Keep on "doing your work son"

IrishMike
10-03-12, 7:42 am
Much thanks

Will do

kcburrows
10-05-12, 9:11 am
I was only 33!

Thanks
Irish Mike

Thats awesome Mike, much respect to you for that brother! This is such a close knit family as you know and whenever you need that little spark of inspiration we're all here for you!

Wrath
10-08-12, 1:19 pm
I was only 33!

Thanks
Irish Mike

Thats great man, and im sure it was all worth it. its just hard work! you sould post some before and after pics. YOur the one who is inspiring people now!

IrishMike
10-11-12, 12:10 pm
It is hard work; but definately worth it.

Can someone tell me how to post those pics.

B.D.Smash
10-14-12, 11:07 pm

Wrath

Go for it Wrath! Can't wait.

John B
10-15-12, 7:57 pm
You're an inspiration Wrath. I just returned to the weights over the past year after a long layoff of several years due to health issues, family stuff, work matters, etc., etc., only to realize that they were just part of life and no reason to stop. Once I picked up the weights at home for the first time this past year, I was hooked . . . maybe something in the genes or my karma. I don't know . . . I do know that I am much better for it now, mentally, physically, and spiritually. The Animal "clan" and Universal "crew" make it oh so much easier with the information, supplements, and camaraderie. Will never stop again. Like you said, one step . . . thanks for pushing forward.

Wrath
10-30-12, 12:56 pm
You're an inspiration Wrath. I just returned to the weights over the past year after a long layoff of several years due to health issues, family stuff, work matters, etc., etc., only to realize that they were just part of life and no reason to stop. Once I picked up the weights at home for the first time this past year, I was hooked . . . maybe something in the genes or my karma. I don't know . . . I do know that I am much better for it now, mentally, physically, and spiritually. The Animal "clan" and Universal "crew" make it oh so much easier with the information, supplements, and camaraderie. Will never stop again. Like you said, one step . . . thanks for pushing forward.

thats all it takes, just the balls to get your ass in the gym and do what other say the cant or dont have time. life is hard for all of us no one has it easy. Just got to suck it up and go for it. thanks for sharing good luck on your journey.....

Wrath
10-30-12, 1:08 pm
I think we all have set backs, i had a stomach prob for a few weeks lost a little weight. I was so pissed at my self. its never going to be perfect, you just have to keep pushing forward and let nothing get in your way of your dreams. How bad do you want it? i know what i want, and nothing is going to stop me. "If I control my self, i control my tomorrow, i have to to change today to change my tomorrow"

deanna7272
10-30-12, 1:12 pm
I think we all have set backs, i had a stomach prob for a few weeks lost a little weight. I was so pissed at my self. its never going to be perfect, you just have to keep pushing forward and let nothing get in your way of your dreams. How bad do you want it? i know what i want, and nothing is going to stop me. "If I control my self, i control my tomorrow, i have to to change today to change my tomorrow"

Spoken like a true champion...

Firefist
10-30-12, 1:14 pm
Subbed for sure.

You signed my belt a few years back, and every leg day, I look at the signatures from the likes of sam byrd, house, evan, G, and you, and know that yall aint skimpin, so I sure as hell cant.

Go hard brother, and I cant wait to see you tear shit up.

kcburrows
10-30-12, 3:46 pm

SO true Frank, and in this game especially, with 90 % being mental thats the greatest way to approach each day. thanks for the continued inspiration!

Kowboy
10-30-12, 6:07 pm
Excellent words, lots ask how I find time to do what I do. Why do I get up at 5am on a Saturday? We have to, we are Animals and represent the brotherhood. We are a breed of our own and you Wrath are one of the Captains for sure. Enjoying following along w/ ya, excited to meet you again at the Arnold as well.

kcburrows
10-31-12, 10:56 am
hey frank any updates on that weekend camp you were thinking of doin?

G Diesel
10-31-12, 3:17 pm

My fucking boy... Words to live by bro.

Peace, G

B.D.Smash
10-31-12, 8:15 pm
I was only 33!

Thanks
Irish Mike

Keep us posted with your progress too Mike. That's amazing results so far!

Wrath
11-01-12, 3:45 pm
I want you guys to tell me why you do this every day? Put your body though all this, eat 6-8 times aday. when every one is partying or just eeking there way thought this life. Being content living a normal life, Why is all this pain worth it to you guys?
We got one life to live, start living it right now!!!!!! Not tomorrow right FUCKING NOW!!!!

As Mike Johnson says " My passion is my passion"

WRATH

Im going to go smash some weights!
what are you gonna do????

smoothballer
11-01-12, 4:09 pm
I want you guys to tell me why you do this every day? Put your body though all this, eat 6-8 times aday. when every one is partying or just eeking there way thought this life. Being content living a normal life, Why is all this pain worth it to you guys?
We got one life to live, start living it right now!!!!!! Not tomorrow right FUCKING NOW!!!!

WRATH

I do this to push myself to the limit every day. I hate the feeling of sitting idle in life. I love the way the weights feel in my hands, love the pain I go through, I love the soreness, and I love proving people wrong. And I have a new reason recently, it is to show my newborn son how to go after what you want. The benefits of exercise and goals will make a healthy, strong, and motivated man out of you. If I don't follow the path, how would he know the importance of it?

deanna7272
11-01-12, 4:30 pm
I do it for a couple reasons...

My Health... I see way too many of my friends, coworkers, and family struggling with weight related illnesses. I, myself, have dealt with health issues stemming from being overweight, using excuses, pointing the finger at others for MY shortcomings. I am in charge of my health (for the most part, genetics I can't predict) my physical health, mental health, and emotional health and it all relates back to what I do on a daily basis, what I put into my body, and how I handle the curveballs thrown at me each day.

To be a good role model for my students... I do not, nor will I ever have children, but I deal with over 300 kids everyday. I see what goes on in their lives and the lack of good solid information as far as nutrition and daily activity. I have had them ask me WHY I do this and I simply say, "I do it because I can, and I can because I do."

I started competing, not to beat the world, but for a personal goal. I know and accept reality, I am not going to be a pro nor a high level national competitor, but for me to go through the prep and finally make it to the stage is reward enough for me. I can only be the best ME I can be and at 40 years of age I feel better, through ALL aspects of my life,
than I did when I was in my 20's, and to me, that is reason enough to keep on keeping on... The best is yet to come...

GUNS
11-01-12, 5:22 pm
I love seeing my body change. I know alot of people say that, but really like growing and getting bigger and better. I was always competative, and moreso with myself. On the food side, hell, I just love to eat. Always have, always will. Just eating cleaner, but still getting in some fun foods, nobody says your food has to be boring.

RaisingTheBar
11-01-12, 6:04 pm
“It is the ultimate wisdom of the mountains that a man is never more a man than when he is striving for what is beyond his grasp.” - James Ramsey Ullman

This lifestyle is one of the only pursuits in life that has no ceiling. I think it's human nature to always want more. In almost all paths of life, you can reach the pinnacle. You can land your dream job, marry your dream girl, you can travel the world. But the beauty of our lifestyle is that you can never achieve your bodies ultimate strength level, body shape or composition. You can keep improving day after day, year after year, decade after decade. And the second people think they've reached the pinnacle, someone rips through that barrier. People never thought it was possible to break a 4 minute mile, but after Roger Bannister broke it in the 1950's, it's now the standard time for athletes. Similar examples follow in lifting as well, like with the 1,000 lb squat. I have no idea what my body is capable of, but finding out is a worthy pursuit. And everytime I do something that I never thought was possible for me to do, my idea of what is possible in life expands. Not just in lifting, but in all aspects of life.

B.D.Smash
11-01-12, 7:04 pm

WRATH

Because 7 years ago i was 147kgs of blubbering mess, that's 323.4lbs. I looked in the mirror and I was scared mate. I had let weak excuses of "i'm too busy with work" or "i'm so tired I can't be bothered" get in the way of not just my health, but a good quality of life. I was earning good money but money can come and go.

I was living in Japan with my then Fiancé and when we moved back to Australia I just couldn't stand the sight of myself. Nothing is more demoralising then the understanding that no one wants to do anything with you because you're fat and unfit and you'll just slow them down.

So I figured...i have to do this for myself. I started going to the gym in the building i worked in. I was so weak. Had no muscle tone at all. As a kid i'd been a champion swimmer and football player. It was so hard getting back into it. I didn't really know what i was doing but i just kept at it. I started training with a guy i worked with after about a year of training. He'd won the Mister Brisbane and Mister Queensland titles and is still to this day one of the most hardcore bastards i've ever. He put the phrase in my head "that steel isn't going to lift itself and you have know you can lift it in your head...not in your arms."

I started seeing results and i loved it. Sad thing was the Fiancé I mentioned before didn't like the fact that i no longer wanted to get drunk and party with her. I stopped drinking all together because i wanted to compete at the end of the year in the INBA. Also getting fitter and stronger and looking better made her feel uneasy and she started accusing me of only doing the training so that i could "kick her aside and go for someone else". I loved her and couldn't understand the attitude and nothing i said could change her mind. In the end she cheated on me. That emotional setback really only strengthened my resolve further behind the idea that at the end of the day...there is only one person that i can rely on.

Me.

I kept up my training and competed...i didn't even place, but i'm so happy i got my arse up on stage. And i'm doing it again at the end of 2013 where i will not only place...i will win my division and overall.

These days i do this because it is who i am. it has taken me so long to be happy in myself. and to be happy in one's self you need to be happy without any extrinsic motivation. You need to be happy with who you are. Of course in this game we are always wanting to improve, but i can't wait to get my arse to gym everyday and that makes me happy because i'm doing something for myself.

Usually i don't post pics on forums but so you guys know the effort i put in and am still putting in...

I went from this http://i.imgur.com/o0J33.jpg

to this http://i.imgur.com/4JWHB.jpg

to this http://i.imgur.com/6RwWn.jpg

I'm keeping current progress underwraps for the moment but am taking weekly progress pics.

Frank...if you're ever unsure of if you've been a positive influence on anyone's life...you can stop being unsure now. You've been a huge inspiration to me over the past few years. I can't convey my thanks for that inspiration. I know its been me doing the hard work and will always be me doing the hard work, but having a push in the back of my mind always works.

WWWD? (what would Wrath do?)

Wrath wouldn't quit...thats for fucking sure.

deanna7272
11-01-12, 8:13 pm
I'm not going to quote all that, but congrats on the change B.D. and keep up the hard work....

B.D.Smash
11-01-12, 9:14 pm
I'm not going to quote all that, but congrats on the change B.D. and keep up the hard work....

Thanks Deanna...in the words of Ol' Blue Eyes...The Best Is Yet To Come!

kcburrows
11-02-12, 9:16 am

WRATH

I want to be a freak plain and simple. There is something so gratifying about being able to walk around in such a way people arent used to seeing. more than that its the way of life. This lifestyle we live has brought many brothers out of the darkness and restored order and discipline in their lives. Its a way to show people each and every day who doubted me that i'm fucking doing it! rain, sleet, snow, or sunny day i'm at the gym, i'm pounding the food, and taking my supps. its looking at myself in the mirror and picturing the image i wanna see and working everyday to sculpt that body i desire. I remember training with you doing the incline bench and hearing you scream at me "come on!" sitting under that bar i remember thinking this is my idol cheering me on, sharing what we both love to do, and every workout since then i remember that and hear it in my head, and it pushes me further!!!! i have 3 iconic tees with u in the baqckground, and just like many others thinking what you would you do pushes me to go beyond possible limits i set for myself. Like so many others I wanna be an animal. i wanna be something that most people have never seen. there is a pride that comes with knowing you busted your ass for every fucking lb you put on and that satisfaction is why i do it!

Wrath
11-05-12, 12:33 am
Thats the kind of shit i wanna hear! Yep i feel you just wanna be a FREAK!!! I have always had that in my mind. Not about winning, just being a big nasty freak. But thats only one of my driving
forces that makes me want to be better ever day, and never give up no matter what life throughs at me. I have been att he bottom a feel times, and its hasnt gotten the best of me yet.
Im standing here ready to take it on!!!

Will you fight to save your life? Is it worth fighting for???!!!!

Wrath

IrishMike
11-07-12, 7:59 pm
Because I deserve to look great; to feel great.

Because hearing whispers about the size of my arms feels better than hearing whispers about the size of my gut

Wrath
11-20-12, 7:05 pm
looks like the flex pro is in may now so will have a little more time to prep. doesnt matter still working my ass off this show a a couple
others. Already have my music and posing routine done. Planning ahead this time. Do what every it takes!! meal 5, off to the gym chest
tonight.

Train like there is no tomorrow

Tbrat
11-20-12, 9:53 pm
looks like the flex pro is in may now so will have a little more time to prep. doesnt matter still working my ass off this show a a couple
others. Already have my music and posing routine done. Planning ahead this time. Do what every it takes!! meal 5, off to the gym chest
tonight.

Love to hear it, still a huge inspiration, especially to a fellow Canadian.

kcburrows
11-21-12, 3:14 pm
tonight.

havent heard you this focused in a while man, its awesome to see and hear!!!! such an inspiration to us all!!!

C.Coronato
11-21-12, 3:26 pm
tonight.

Thats fucking great. Can not wait to see the battle of the Canadians!

Far Beyond Driven
11-24-12, 6:42 pm
tonight.

Love it, brother! Show those pansies how we do it here!

Wrath
11-27-12, 2:52 pm
Legs tonight my weak point, time for the re build 2013. back squating up to 4 plates again after having knee problems for years. many people
told me not to squat. Fuck that I need some big ass legs. there is no turning back now, only way to change is to get out of your comfort
zone.

if you do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got.

Make it happen people.

Aggression
11-27-12, 3:26 pm
many people told me not to squat. Fuck that I need some big ass legs.

signature-worthy

Wrath
11-27-12, 5:29 pm
signature-worthy

Feel free to use that one lol

World Eater
11-28-12, 2:24 am
Saw your vid with Antoine V, looking good and hella strong man!

Wrath
11-28-12, 4:33 pm
Saw your vid with Antoine V, looking good and hella strong man!

Hey thanks big year coming up alot of work to be done!

kcburrows
12-26-12, 11:19 am
Hey thanks big year coming up alot of work to be done!

does this mean we'll be seeing a lot of wrath vids in the future???

U Mad Brah?
01-08-13, 1:36 pm
where dat wrath brahs?

Wrath
01-08-13, 2:52 pm
Looks like the flex pro is a no go. But I'm still I'm the game looks like it maybe Toronto pro my first show. Eithe way things are still on Track. Feeling better then u have in along time. 2013 is the year!!!

Shukin
01-08-13, 2:56 pm
Looks like the flex pro is a no go. But I'm still I'm the game looks like it maybe Toronto pro my first show. Eithe way things are still on Track. Feeling better then u have in along time. 2013 is the year!!!

Are you going to be at the Arnold this year?

PLANETGETLOW
01-08-13, 3:13 pm
Back yesterday pumps are getting better every day

-Lat pull down 5 sets

-seated cable row (straight bar) 5 sets

- hammer strength row 4 sets

- hammer pull Downs( fuck I don't know what's its called)

- lat pull down machine 3 sets

- hypers bar behind neck ( dorian Yates style)

About 1- 1.5 mins rest between sets

Time to grow !!!
I had to laugh at that comment "Fuck I don't know what's its called"

The irony of you saying you don't know what a movement is but being an accomplished bber!!

Wrath
01-20-13, 12:46 am
Are you going to be at the Arnold this year?

Yeah I will be at the Arnold 100%

Wrath
01-20-13, 12:47 am
I had to laugh at that comment "Fuck I don't know what's its called"

The irony of you saying you don't know what a movement is but being an accomplished bber!!

Just one of those machines I have no fucking clue. I just do it. Lol pick things up and I put them down

PITBULL
01-20-13, 1:08 am
Just like to say Ive been a huge fan since I first seen you in an Animal ad when I was a kid in high school. Was stoked to see you compete again and although I cant make the Arnold I hope to see the Great and Mighty Wrath atop the podium or in the cage some day! Keep up the hard work and know you are a true inspiration to all!

-Pit

Wrath
01-20-13, 6:31 pm
Just like to say Ive been a huge fan since I first seen you in an Animal ad when I was a kid in high school. Was stoked to see you compete again and although I cant make the Arnold I hope to see the Great and Mighty Wrath atop the podium or in the cage some day! Keep up the hard work and know you are a true inspiration to all!

-Pit

Hey that's man. I'm just doing what I love. Pretty sure nothing can stop me. Been told i was done many times , I'm not done until insaybim done.

Yeah few shows this year coming up. That's for the support. Hope to see you at the Arnold some day soon

deanna7272
01-20-13, 8:31 pm

Yay...

PITBULL
01-21-13, 2:41 pm
Hey that's man. I'm just doing what I love. Pretty sure nothing can stop me. Been told i was done many times , I'm not done until insaybim done.

Yeah few shows this year coming up. That's for the support. Hope to see you at the Arnold some day soon

And because of you and the rest of the Animal family and those of us in the Animal Legion I continue to do what I love! Youre living proof that nothing cant stop you once youre dedicated to a goal and put your all into that goal. Once day soon is right!

kcburrows
01-22-13, 10:28 am
Hey Frank is steph gonna be at the ABC? my wifey was wondering and wanting to try and get a lift in with her if she was.

Razor
01-23-13, 11:06 am

BOOM. Can't wait to hang with you again my man.

kcburrows
02-14-13, 11:27 am
Hey wrath you gonna start up a journey to the NY pro?