PDA

View Full Version : Beastin's prep for NC STATE BB - April 2013

Beastin'
07-11-12, 8:46 pm
All things considered , all stupid shit tossed aside, all bad days in the past aNd worthless people removed from my life...... Forgetting all the set backs, blah blah blah..... *The past is history and the history book is now burned...... It's game on!!!! *Feet planted , high beams on and racing ahead finally..... A fresh start, no excuses, this is my new and fresh starting point. *Let's fucking do this!!!!

* * *I'd like to re- introduce myself.... Hi, my name is Joe weaver, im 29 yrs old, I'm an npc competitor, work for a top tear NASCAR team and also own Area51 Industries, a specialty products company....*
* * I have no weight goals, no strength goals and no fucking ego! I'm 5'9" @ 246.5lbs currently. *I have no idea where I will honestly compete at, I don't care as long as I'm nasty as hell at that moment!

* *Today went good , nailed all my meals , work was smooth and blasted out shoulders. *

* So my diet is solid as of this week,starting at about 4500 cal to find my baseline ..... Deff requires a lot more food these days to stay full and have energy . Assuming nothing from the past and starting fresh I'm very interested in how much food I'll be eating to grow into this show.
* Workout was fast paced and full of volume and supersets.... * Deff seems to work well building my shoulders. *Won't bore y'all with details as of yet.....*
* * Please guys and gals comment, post tear apart exc....... *I'm using y'all for motivation And guidance... Fat hairy progress pic to follow ... Base lining*

MRmichael.hooker
07-11-12, 9:03 pm
I was wondering if you were still pokin your head around. I heard you were doing physique lol

MRmichael.hooker
07-11-12, 9:05 pm
all I know is... you better fuckin beat Moe's ass!! 1st place is yours. You already know your girls gonna keep your ass in check

Beastin'
07-12-12, 8:34 am
all I know is... you better fuckin beat Moe's ass!! 1st place is yours. You already know your girls gonna keep your ass in check

Oh don't you worry..... This guy will not have an issue with that! This time around I couldn't ask for a better woman in my life as I hit the reset button on life. It's game on in so many aspects and it's going to be showing its face real damn soon

Beastin'
07-12-12, 9:41 am
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-MG-0fxctato/T_7VvZoixMI/AAAAAAAABDQ/61tr3Tbjz3M/s1024/12%209:49:39%20AM

Off season pic # 1 250lbs

Hollow
07-12-12, 9:52 am
Sounds like you've gotten rid of all the negative aspects out of your life. Wishing you the very best on the journey towards your show.

Beastin'
07-12-12, 12:00 pm
Sounds like you've gotten rid of all the negative aspects out of your life. Wishing you the very best on the journey towards your show.

Thank you!

Beastin'
07-13-12, 10:34 am
So last night I hit legs....... Damn it man! Lol. Shit was rough, did box squats, leg press , exts, leg curls and glute ham raises..... Finished with some rehab stuff for my back and holy fuck it hurt! Not a fan but it has to be done... Deff lacking stability right now.... Over all it felt good to pump up my wheels, been a while since that happened.

Beastin'
07-14-12, 9:26 pm
What a good week of training and diet.... I started dropping too fast so I had a big ass cheat and woke up 4 lbs lighter! Lol. My body does some whacko stuff once I get after it hard... 5 days and I look a ton diff already , another week and I'll make a few changes and see what happens .

Solid Dreams
07-14-12, 10:30 pm
Nice! Should do a weekly photo update, dude! You were swole and pretty lean when I met you, so how lean are you now?

Beastin'
07-15-12, 7:09 pm
Nice! Should do a weekly photo update, dude! You were swole and pretty lean when I met you, so how lean are you now?

What's up brother? ThTs the plan, maybe by-weekly , help keep me accountable lol... I'd say I'm a little leaner now as of this last week ....... We will see if I can post a pic tonight or tomm

MRmichael.hooker
07-16-12, 5:42 am
My body does some whacko stuff once I get after it hard... 5 days and I look a ton diff already , another week and I'll make a few changes and see what happens .

You're not fucking lieing. I don't understand how you can even handle get on stage, that last week for you could either be anywhere from a gallon of water a day + keto, or a tablespoon of water a day and a large pizza lol.

Beastin'
07-16-12, 12:15 pm
You're not fucking lieing. I don't understand how you can even handle get on stage, that last week for you could either be anywhere from a gallon of water a day + keto, or a tablespoon of water a day and a large pizza lol.

Yeah no shit! All I do know is currently I'm eating a lot more food than ever before and still getting tighter... I'll take that for now

Beastin'
07-17-12, 7:54 am
So this week is going to be crazy as fuck but got a good game plan..... First off my beautiful GF moves here later tonight... I'm excited for it! She competes in physic and is a badass when it comes to understanding the body and doing rehabilitation.... A bonus for me lol...
So I'm working 10 hr days this week which makes me get up at 430 am and training at about 6-630 pm.... Suckin it up and making it happen! Blasted legs lastnight ( majority quads ), trying to split quads and hams and see if it benefits me at all. Time will tell .
going to blast arms tonight , Heading to Michigan Wednesday night, for a quick getaway to see family , Thursday it's game on for a shoulder session at some random ass gym lol... Pics and vids coming

Kowboy
08-23-12, 10:44 am
How is the prep going man? I read your updates on facebook and it looks like you are still killing it. Thank for keeping my motivated at the ABC right before I pulled 475 I said "grip it and rip it" and just pulled. Not sure why I didn't see this thread before.

Beastin'
08-23-12, 11:03 am
How is the prep going man? I read your updates on facebook and it looks like you are still killing it. Thank for keeping my motivated at the ABC right before I pulled 475 I said "grip it and rip it" and just pulled. Not sure why I didn't see this thread before.

Well bro I'm up in the air on this one..... I'm either A) doing the Arnold AM or B doin nc state 4 weeks later...... Either way it's go time..... I'm trying some new approaches to this prep so I'm starting earlier than norm and tweaking on it slowly.

I'm glad the abc went well... I want to through on here again but last time one 2 peeps showed up!
That's a solid dead bro, 500 is not far off! Keep killing it

Kowboy
08-23-12, 11:29 am
Well bro I'm up in the air on this one..... I'm either A) doing the Arnold AM or B doin nc state 4 weeks later...... Either way it's go time..... I'm trying some new approaches to this prep so I'm starting earlier than norm and tweaking on it slowly.

I'm glad the abc went well... I want to through on here again but last time one 2 peeps showed up!
That's a solid dead bro, 500 is not far off! Keep killing it

Yeah, I know you got whatever show you decide to do. I am going to shoot for 500 on 9/8 when we have another ABC. I am not going to go heavy on log press and stones the day before and rest up so I can go in there and pull it. 500 is a huge number for me, I wont be repping 500 in the cage like Higa in P but I am getting closer.

Beastin'
08-23-12, 1:07 pm
Yeah, I know you got whatever show you decide to do. I am going to shoot for 500 on 9/8 when we have another ABC. I am not going to go heavy on log press and stones the day before and rest up so I can go in there and pull it. 500 is a huge number for me, I wont be repping 500 in the cage like Higa in P but I am getting closer.

Good plan! In time bro, weights come and then size..... It seemed like I hit 500 for one and it was no time till I got it for 9. Just stay after it

Kowboy
08-23-12, 1:10 pm
1 year in this journey, def going well for me so far.

Beastin'
10-10-12, 8:20 pm
Damn just got off the scale and it said 267lbs ...... I'm pretty stoked about tht and still growing ! Love it

Kowboy
10-11-12, 11:17 am
Damn just got off the scale and it said 267lbs ...... I'm pretty stoked about tht and still growing ! Love it

Awesome man, looks like everything is going well for you. Been following your pics on facebook, looks like you are def putting it in.

Hollow
10-11-12, 11:34 am

Outstanding!

Beastin'
10-11-12, 3:52 pm
Thanks y'all. I'm digging deep

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-12, 4:13 pm
Thanks y'all. I'm digging deep

Cause you wanna make sure you keep more muscle than the IronChick lol. Better watch out, Rebecca's coming for you! Lol. Oh, my wife loves her. Thinks she's really nice, just big lol!!

C.Coronato
10-11-12, 4:16 pm
267! Thats one big Mother Fucker. Hell ya bro. What weight did you last compete at?

Beastin'
10-12-12, 9:07 am
Cause you wanna make sure you keep more muscle than the IronChick lol. Better watch out, Rebecca's coming for you! Lol. Oh, my wife loves her. Thinks she's really nice, just big lol!!

Hahahahaha no shit. She grows like a bad weed

Beastin'
10-12-12, 9:09 am
267! Thats one big Mother Fucker. Hell ya bro. What weight did you last compete at?

I actually last competed at 195 in 2010. Needless to say I'm a lot bigger than that now

Beastin'
10-15-12, 2:13 pm
All I'm going to say is yesterday's leg session ended in me puking out the back door of the gym..... Yeah buddy killing it!

C.Coronato
10-15-12, 2:51 pm
I actually last competed at 195 in 2010. Needless to say I'm a lot bigger than that now

Not bad at all bro. My Last show was mid 2011, around 175. Next time on stage is mid 2013, so if all goes to plan, ill be bigger also.

All part of the plan brotha.

Beastin'
10-15-12, 3:03 pm
Not bad at all bro. My Last show was mid 2011, around 175. Next time on stage is mid 2013, so if all goes to plan, ill be bigger also.

All part of the plan brotha.

Yeah I hear ya... I'm really looking forward to competing again, it's been a while but do to circumstances I think it'll actually workout better for me.

Beastin'
10-17-12, 8:08 am
Preliminary diet start Monday to tighten up some before the actual "contest diet " begins.... Here's a ball park of this phase of the diet.
Meal #1
5 whole eggs
8 oz hashbrowns
1/2 grapefruit

Meal #2
8 oz beef
1.5 cup white rice

Meal #3
8 oz chick
8 oz sw. Potato

Meal #4
8oz beef or turkey
1.5 cup whiterice

Meal #5
6 oz chicken
6 oz potato

Meal #6
Shake
Vitargo

Meal #7
Beef ,chick ,turkey( just upon mood)
Fats of some nature ( almonds, pb, olive oil, ect)

Kowboy
10-17-12, 8:13 am
Looking good, I am working on a new diet as well. Looks like everything is coming together for your show.

Beastin'
10-17-12, 9:20 pm
Looking good, I am working on a new diet as well. Looks like everything is coming together for your show.

Yeah man things have turned a corner and feeling pretty good about all of it

deanna7272
10-17-12, 11:04 pm
Just letting ya know that ya turned that corner in your life and guess what??? We're still in it...

Can't wait to see how this plays out... Prep sucks as it is, but without that positive support system, it's a battle... Keep up the hard ass work, it shows and it pays...

deanna7272
10-17-12, 11:10 pm
BTW... I did some research, if the show is the same weekend every year (like most are) it looks like it's going to be the 13th? Kinda bummed, I'm going to be in Charlotte the FOLLOWING WEEK for a conference.... Sooooo.... I'm expecting a warm welcome and an ass kicking in the gym... Just sayin...lol

Beastin'
10-18-12, 7:55 am
Just letting ya know that ya turned that corner in your life and guess what??? We're still in it...

Can't wait to see how this plays out... Prep sucks as it is, but without that positive support system, it's a battle... Keep up the hard ass work, it shows and it pays...

Thanks Deanna ...... A lot of things have changed and evolved in my life as u have seen, I'm excited to see what comes from all this also. I've got a great support system now ( and have before also but this is just more sound and real), closer friends and better ties in the industry .

Hell yeah , I'll keep u posted on the date but deff will be getting up with ya! We will have a blast and most damn definately kill the gym! I think you will be moving here after that hahahaha. Hope all is well with you

Beastin'
10-18-12, 7:57 am
BTW... I did some research, if the show is the same weekend every year (like most are) it looks like it's going to be the 13th? Kinda bummed, I'm going to be in Charlotte the FOLLOWING WEEK for a conference.... Sooooo.... I'm expecting a warm welcome and an ass kicking in the gym... Just sayin...lol

Might be a good time for an abc...... Hmmmm maybe ?

deanna7272
10-18-12, 4:03 pm
Thanks Deanna ...... I think you will be moving here after that hahahaha. Hope all is well with you. Might be a good time for an abc...... Hmmmm maybe ?

Oh believe it.... I will keep ya posted on the details... We will probably fly in on Monday and out on Saturday or Sunday...

Beastin'
10-18-12, 7:16 pm
Oh believe it.... I will keep ya posted on the details... We will probably fly in on Monday and out on Saturday or Sunday...

ok cool........ did i mention im really pumped for the arnold

deanna7272
10-18-12, 11:03 pm
ok cool........ did i mention im really pumped for the arnold

Eh, kinda....
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&iso=20130301T10&year=2013&month=3&day=1&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013%20Arnold%20Expo...%20The%20Cage%21%21

Bwahahahahaaa ... Ya better believe I am also!!!!

Beastin'
10-21-12, 7:00 pm
Eh, kinda....
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&iso=20130301T10&year=2013&month=3&day=1&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=805&fg1=000&msg=2013%20Arnold%20Expo...%20The%20Cage%21%21

Bwahahahahaaa ... Ya better believe I am also!!!!

Haahahaha wow.

deanna7272
10-21-12, 7:54 pm
Haahahaha wow.

Would you expect anything less?

C.Coronato
10-22-12, 2:57 pm
Whats up Dee!!

Beastin'
10-22-12, 6:41 pm
Would you expect anything less?

No way! Lol

Beastin'
10-27-12, 10:04 am
So it's 24 weeks till I step on stage, I'm sitting at 255 in fair condition for an offseason...... I'm starting a very slow descent and planning on being basically show ready at the Arnold so I can tweak and dial in as needed in the last few weeks . This is going to be a journey ! I'm feeling a stage weight of 205 or so should be in the ball park but who knows , time will tell!

Beastin'
10-31-12, 9:50 am
So it's 24 weeks till I step on stage, I'm sitting at 255 in fair condition for an offseason...... I'm starting a very slow descent and planning on being basically show ready at the Arnold so I can tweak and dial in as needed in the last few weeks . This is going to be a journey ! I'm feeling a stage weight of 205 or so should be in the ball park but who knows , time will tell!

So I worked numbers and time frame and all should come together great without having to kill myself....... If I drop 1.5-2 lbs a week average ill be right where I think I should be. I'm fired up and ready ! My and my amazing GF are both doing the same show and our diet plans align fairly well so that should be a added bonus also . Since my last post I've settled at 248lbs and now te work begins!

Hollow
10-31-12, 10:00 am
So I worked numbers and time frame and all should come together great without having to kill myself....... If I drop 1.5-2 lbs a week average ill be right where I think I should be. I'm fired up and ready ! My and my amazing GF are both doing the same show and our diet plans align fairly well so that should be a added bonus also . Since my last post I've settled at 248lbs and now te work begins!

Sounds like everything is dialing in nicely for you Beastin'!

Kowboy
10-31-12, 10:04 am

Sounds awesome, look forward to seeing how everything progresses for you. You putting up pics at all?

Beastin'
10-31-12, 10:20 am
Sounds awesome, look forward to seeing how everything progresses for you. You putting up pics at all?

I'm going to start posting some progress pics in a week or so.

Kowboy
10-31-12, 10:30 am
I'm going to start posting some progress pics in a week or so.

Sounds good, looking forward to it. One of these days I am going to look as big as you, at least that is the goal lol

Beastin'
10-31-12, 10:53 am
Sounds like everything is dialing in nicely for you Beastin'!

Thanks hollow. Deff the best I've felt about a prep

Beastin'
10-31-12, 11:34 am
Sounds good, looking forward to it. One of these days I am going to look as big as you, at least that is the goal lol

In time brother. It's a lot of work but set your mind to it and it happens pretty fast

Kowboy
10-31-12, 11:35 am
In time brother. It's a lot of work but set your mind to it and it happens pretty fast

I am about a year in, I found an old shirt that I happen to be in when I was pretty damn chubby. I need to put it up on facebook, shows some of the progress. I just need to keep this diet in check and it will be all good. Lifting weights is hard...lol

Beastin'
10-31-12, 12:08 pm
I am about a year in, I found an old shirt that I happen to be in when I was pretty damn chubby. I need to put it up on facebook, shows some of the progress. I just need to keep this diet in check and it will be all good. Lifting weights is hard...lol

Do it man, be proud of your hard work! Diet is the hard part by far.... Just remember everytime u wonder off course it takes several days to recover