Tbrat
07-12-12, 1:11 pm
I am settled into a solid 4 day routine
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back/Bis
Wednesday- OFf
Thursday - Shoulders/tris
Friday - Legs

I am currently in a cutting phase, trying to get my BF% down slowly without sacrificing too much muscle.

I try and get in as many cardio sessions in the am as possible, HIIT and LISS, try and do as much HIIT as i can. I was thinking of adding in a circuit WOD after cardio in the mornings when I am there just to up my muscle endurance, and conditioning. How big of an impact do you think this will have my my muscle development if any at all??? Obviously I'd be smart about it and not include bench pressing or pushups on tuesday morning (the morning after my chest workout). I feel this would help with my overall fitness level as well as shred some extra fat off. I know guys like Byrd are adding in a bunch of xfit style WODs in with his PL'ing training.

Any advice is appreciated

Brat

Aggression
07-12-12, 1:49 pm
Might be a bit much to add it AFTER your cardio workouts. I do 1-2 XF workouts per week while focusing on powerlifting. During the week, I do my cardio in the morning and powerlifting in the afternoon/evening and then do a XF workout on weekends. It breaks down to 4 PL workouts, 1-2 cross fit workouts, and then 3 traditional cardio sessions.

Tbrat
07-12-12, 2:28 pm
Might be a bit much to add it AFTER your cardio workouts. I do 1-2 XF workouts per week while focusing on powerlifting. During the week, I do my cardio in the morning and powerlifting in the afternoon/evening and then do a XF workout on weekends. It breaks down to 4 PL workouts, 1-2 cross fit workouts, and then 3 traditional cardio sessions.

Maybe I'll try that, keep my weight training the afternoons, cardio as much as I can get in in the mornings (usually 4 sessions) then try 1-2 circuits a week. I usually go to the gym fasted in the mornings, so I guess on those days I'd have to get in a carb and protein meal prior? and typical post workout protocol just reduced from weight training, maybe 2 scoops torrent and 1 iso whey for post.

Aggression
07-12-12, 2:54 pm
Maybe I'll try that, keep my weight training the afternoons, cardio as much as I can get in in the mornings (usually 4 sessions) then try 1-2 circuits a week. I usually go to the gym fasted in the mornings, so I guess on those days I'd have to get in a carb and protein meal prior? and typical post workout protocol just reduced from weight training, maybe 2 scoops torrent and 1 iso whey for post.

Not necessarily. I wouldn't change anything and then just add in your XF workouts on different days.

Korsair1
07-14-12, 2:01 pm
With not wanting to sacrifice any lean mass to cardio, have you tried complexes in the place of the HIIT? I've incorporated some Evil8s in the past, they sure helped me torch some extra bady fat off.

JSwick
07-14-12, 2:05 pm

I agree with him if your looking to cut and want a good fat burning cardio workout.. I've been jump roping every day fast pace for at least 15-20 minutes and the fat is melting off lol