PDA

View Full Version : Too much in my training split

Lumpylifter
07-12-12, 11:17 pm
Hey y'all

I'm preparing for a six month bulk for when I return to school, and the training split I've drawn up has way too much in it. Would y'all help me trim it down? I'm not quite sure where to start; I'm afraid to sell myself short, but I also recognize that the following routine is unsustainable. To give you guys more info, here are my goals:

I'm a cheerleader as well as a power lifter at school, necessitating the need for a visible six pack, in addition to maximal strength development alongside increases in power and explosiveness for cheer. I'l also picking up strongman starting this fall, so any advice regarding that would be much appreciated as well. Lookin' to pack on 10lbs of meat over the course of the bulk.

Here's the split:

Mon: Back and Bi's Cheer practice in the PM

Deadlift 4x2
- BB Row 3x10
- DB Row 3x10
Chins 4x4-6
- BB Curl 3x10
- DB Curl 3x10
- Iso Curl 2x10

Tues: Grip Work, Strongman practice in the PM

--P Diesel's recommendations in http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38932-Silverback-Forearms

Wed: Chest and Tri's

BB Flat Press 4x4-6
- DB Inc. Press 3x10
- Cable Fly's 3x10
Dips 4x4-6
- Close Grip Press 3x10
- DB Skullcrushers 3x10
- Pushdowns 2x10

Thurs: Cheer Practice in the PM

Fri: Legs and Abs Strongman practice in the PM

Squats 4x3-5
- Leg Press 3x10
- Calf Press 3x Failure
RDL 4x3-5
- Leg Curl 3x10
- Calf Raise 3x Failure

Abs: 3x12 each
Cable crunches
Decline Crunches
Side Crunches

Sat: 4 hours of cheering at Furman Football

Sun: Delts, Traps, and Neck Forearms in the PM

BB Jerk 4x2
- DB Laterals 2x10
- Bent Laterals 2x10
- Upright Rows 2x10

- BB Shrug, DB Shrug 3x10 each
superset
- Neck flexion and extension 6x10

Forearms: 3x10-15 each exercise
Cross Body Hammer Curls
Reverse Curls
Behind the back wrist curls
BB Wrist curls

C.Coronato
07-13-12, 9:46 am
Welcome my man. PL and Cheer? The man to talk to is Danny Quach. He is not on here much anymore as he is now sponsored by Beast, but those are both his main sports as well as bodybuilding.

Why do you feel the need to trim it down? Have you been running this program, and its too heavy of a work load?

Tbrat
07-13-12, 11:55 am
The level of training and the amount of training a person can endure week in and week out varies so much from person to person. Obviously with such a high work load you're going to be burning a tremendous amount of calories. My advice would be to eat huge and clean to make sure your body has the nutrients to recover from the amount of training. Above all else, listen to your body, monitor your progress to ensure you're making gains.. if after a few weeks you're not going anywhere then it might be time to eat more, or dial the training back.

MRmichael.hooker
07-13-12, 1:46 pm
Why do you feel the need to trim it down? Have you been running this program, and its too heavy of a work load?

I believe the concern is there are litearlly zero rest days. It's a Mon-Sun workout plan, then repeat without ANY rest days.

Lumpylifter
07-13-12, 6:38 pm
Welcome my man. PL and Cheer? The man to talk to is Danny Quach. He is not on here much anymore as he is now sponsored by Beast, but those are both his main sports as well as bodybuilding.

This guy? http://www.georgiadogs.com/trads/cheer/2011-12/danny-q.html

Just checked out his page. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/interviews/danny-quach
Dude's a beast.

Thanks for the info, I'll drop him a line!

Matt

DanTheMan
07-15-12, 11:51 pm
what's goin on guys!
Good lookin out C--

Hey matt-- I don't know how your powerlifting program works but if you're not competing, I wouldn't worry too much about max effort lifting... You can gain size in different ways if you're worried about the stress put on your body for lifting too heavy!

I know it's hard to train for both, and my first year of cheerleading I actually did do both... Although I didn't start prepping for my powerlifting meet until AFTER football season (for us at UGA, football season is the most intensive if you don't compete competitively)

Anywho, it is possible.. what threw me off a little about your post was the "necessitating the need for a visible six pack"-- take an offseason. it's fall time, it's time for football, good food, and heavy lifting (along with lifting girls)

Stick to one goal, accomplish it, and then work on to the next.

Lumpylifter
07-16-12, 9:28 am
Thanks for the help man!