PDA

View Full Version : Animal Products with Diabetes

Pearsall85
07-15-12, 12:26 pm
Hey all, Ive recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which was a bit of a shock as I hardly lead an unhealthy lifestyle but Im just wondering if I can continue using my animal products or if its wise to take them along to my Dietician I have to go see.

Im currently using

Pak, Flex, Nitro, Rage

Stu.

PORTERHOUSE
07-15-12, 4:53 pm
I doubt that pak/flex/nitro would be a problem, or even rage, but this isn't the place for medical advice, you need to talk to your Dr/dietician about that.

That is unfortunate about your diagnosis bro, I am sorry to hear that, although with proper management you should still be able to list life to the fullest. You say you hardly live an unhealthy lifestyle, what does that mean? Do you have a family history? how old are you? What is your bf%? Your diet?

greek91
07-15-12, 7:26 pm
Sorry to hear that man, best of luck to you. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic about 5 years ago. While its not as serious as diabetes and I'm not a doctor, I can say that I have had ZERO complications from any Animal/Universal products (and I have used many). Again, check with the doc, but in my experience it's all good.

BigChrisF
07-16-12, 12:29 am
Hey all, Ive recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which was a bit of a shock as I hardly lead an unhealthy lifestyle but Im just wondering if I can continue using my animal products or if its wise to take them along to my Dietician I have to go see.

Im currently using

Pak, Flex, Nitro, Rage

Stu.

Without reading the post, I would say that there are not any Animal products that contain Diabetes. After reading the post, I will say that none of those products should have a negative impact on your diabetes. Your dietician would appreciate knowing everything you take in, so feel free to give them an ingredient list.

Unfortunately, unhealthy habits are not the only route to diabetes. Genetics matter and some people's pancreas just give up for no good reason. Some people will abuse their system miserably and never have a problem.

B.S.
07-16-12, 2:38 am
DONT take flex. glucosamine is a no no for diabetics

rev8ball
07-16-12, 10:07 am
Bro, that shit ain't nothing to fuck around with. Just go talk to your Doc.....

BigChrisF
07-17-12, 2:45 am
DONT take flex. glucosamine is a no no for diabetics

I had not heard that before. Google gave me this:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glucosamine/AN01723

B.S.
07-17-12, 2:57 am
I had not heard that before. Google gave me this:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glucosamine/AN01723

I heard it from bruiser, he has some problems said it fucked him up so i was just passing along the word. never seen a diabetic coma from it in my line of work tho.

Pearsall85
07-17-12, 6:44 am
Thanks for yours answers and support, I think my best option is to just lay off them till I see my dietician and just take in all label info and see what they think.

naturalguy
07-17-12, 8:27 am
Bro, that shit ain't nothing to fuck around with. Just go talk to your Doc.....

This ^^^^^^