PDA

View Full Version : Redeem and revenge.

The Sun
07-18-12, 9:39 am
hello...

It's been a while. I came back because I'm on a big downfall. I did not need the FORVM anymore, nor any other forums. but things have changed.
The slack caught me again, it hurt my body, but moreover, it hurt my soul. THEY hurt me. THEY will pay.

I've grown. mentally, physically emotionally. I have become what I wanted. but that was almost 8 months ago. ever since then, I'm chasing my tail, getting hurt lifting, getting hurt living. I hate my job, I hate my studies, and I hate myself.

My football season ended shorter than I thought it would. my team ran into a losing streak, I hurt my shoulder, played about 6 games while carrying that shit on me til I couldnt get sleep because of the pain. pills wouldnt help for the whole night, got like 3 hours a night till I woke up again.

prior to that, I was pretty fine. I was carrying my 190lbs frame with a 405x3 full depth squat, and a 455x1 deadlift. my bench press was 275x3 with full stops at the chest. I also power cleaned 220 which was a big milestone for me.

ever since then, I lost weight, strength, and my self esteem. I now weigh 165, I hurt my back squatting 220 cuz I was being arrogant thinknig the Iron is my bitch. It proved me wrong. my form on everything sucks right now, and my soul can get no rest, because my mind is just racing all day long.
the next season is 4 months ahead. other teams are fighting to recruit me, my old team are making fun out of me because they think I live in a lie.
they all dont know how weak and worse I got. I'm afraid they will find out.

my positions were a Power Back (RB\FB) \ OLB and I was terrorizing other people in my league.
I now start my progress for redemption, and for revenge. redemption will allow me to get back in there and revenge. revenge will fuel me for every workout.

it starts today. my back still hurts, I will go light.
I will be recovering with a simple Starting Strength template, squat x 3 times a week, bench twice\over head press twice, deadlift once\twice.

today will be a lot of form work with only 65kg. I shall leave my ego away, because that got me hurt.

THEY WILL PAY. I PROMISE.

The Sun
07-18-12, 2:03 pm
I took about 1.5 hr just to fix the squat form, it didnt work out so well.

got a lot of work to do.

other than that, I did 160x5,185x5 bench, it went pretty alright despite my shoulder problems.
deadlift form work with only 135x2x5
gym rings chins x 12,10,8
shoulder rotators work rehab

World Eater
07-18-12, 2:30 pm
Welcome back and good luck getting back on track man.

JSwick
07-18-12, 2:50 pm
We all have hard times my brother... the good news is your fighting back. Keep us posted and I look forward to following your journey.

mcbeast
07-18-12, 3:24 pm
What exactly is wrong with your back? Have you been seen for it? I do not suggest squatting 3x a week AT ALL. Once a week with moderate intensity while building it back up is enough. If your trying to correct your form just do bar work to a box. If you can, purchase a ruble roller for self myofascial release. Invest in some icy hot/ tiger balm/ blue heat & ice every night. Stretches will help a lot as well. Good luck..

JUGGERNAUT
07-18-12, 3:55 pm
Good to have you back.

The Sun
07-18-12, 5:25 pm
thanks guys.
Juggs how you doin bro?

What exactly is wrong with your back? Have you been seen for it? I do not suggest squatting 3x a week AT ALL. Once a week with moderate intensity while building it back up is enough. If your trying to correct your form just do bar work to a box. If you can, purchase a ruble roller for self myofascial release. Invest in some icy hot/ tiger balm/ blue heat & ice every night. Stretches will help a lot as well. Good luck..

I have scheduled a doctor for sunday morning (its not a weekend day in Israel). I am using really light weights, trying to correct my form with 135 is pretty much a joke but I got to do it now. I fucked it while not paying attention in the gym, squatting a warmup repitition with 315 and forgot to keep my back tight because I was busy in my mind with some chick. I'm an idiot I know.

I got a roller, trying to do these in my off-days. thanks for the ideas.

JUGGERNAUT
07-18-12, 5:41 pm
thanks guys.
Juggs how you doin bro?

I have scheduled a doctor for sunday morning (its not a weekend day in Israel). I am using really light weights, trying to correct my form with 135 is pretty much a joke but I got to do it now. I fucked it while not paying attention in the gym, squatting a warmup repitition with 315 and forgot to keep my back tight because I was busy in my mind with some chick. I'm an idiot I know.

I got a roller, trying to do these in my off-days. thanks for the ideas.

YO man! Actually like you, I have some injuries too and not the same guy. This is why we are here though.. for good support/healing/improvement in all aspects of our lives! To us and all!

The Sun
07-18-12, 6:16 pm
YO man! Actually like you, I have some injuries too and not the same guy. This is why we are here though.. for good support/healing/improvement in all aspects of our lives! To us and all!

I'm here for not letting myself slack again. when its written somewhere online, you can no longer ignore the fact that you're a pussy. I am right now a pussy.

wedge
07-19-12, 10:12 am
Welcome back brother.

The Sun
07-19-12, 12:08 pm
Welcome back brother.

how ya been?
I see you kept my signature. thats good. I should have remembered that, I wouldnt get hurt...

The Sun
07-20-12, 2:08 pm
another day at the gym...
my still doesnt feel well, sunday I'm seeing the orthopod.

meanwhile..

overhead strict press 140 2x5
squat x a lot for form which still doesnt look right
dumbell bent over row 95 x 12 x 2 each hand
gymnastics rings pullups x8-8- 6
chinups x 13

arms x1
shoulder rehab exercises

The Sun
07-23-12, 1:30 pm
went to see the doc. he said I should give it some time and its going to be fine.
I don't trust that guy. I'll check for another doc, looks weird to me all these aches were just going to pass waiting.

meanwhile at the gym:

tried to keep out of lower back work.

bench press: 95,115,135,160x5,190x3,140x8 really easy, building my strength back slowly. need my shoulder to get back in buisness.

overhead standing DB press 25kg dumbells x 9,7,5

gymnastics rings pullups x13,11,9

box jumps (4 boxes) 4x4 were pretty easy to me, I did lots of vertical jump training so 4 boxes are not really hard for me. my best box jump was 5 boxes.

some arms work at the end and shoulder rotator cuff exercises for rehab.

also forgot to mention I did some hill sprints at Saturday, so basically no rest from friday til today. resting now til wednsday, got my last final exam by Thursday and I hope everythings good.

this is our hill where we do all the grinding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dCz3O2YobI

I named it: the hill of tears.

The Sun
07-25-12, 11:38 am
back still nudging, again no time and lack of sleep due to studies and a dog who decided its going to be funny to wake me up ever 1.5 hr at night. fkin life sux.

got my last final tomorrow, which means I got a very limited in time workout at the gym.

bench press sets of 5 up to 190lbs x 5, only the 5th rep was slowing down a tiny bit. not worrying.

1 legged box jumps (3 boxes) 4 sets of 1 jump, for each leg.

chinups bw x 3 sets of over 10 reps, i get tired counting.

tomorrow I'm seeing a physiotherapist, going to cost me some $$ but thats the price you pay for being an idiot.

DANO
07-30-12, 11:31 am
HOLY SHIT!!!! Here he is! been wondering where you were at brother!

Setbacks are a pert of life, Overcome and move forward. I know what it feels like, my gym closed down and I've been doing the newly dubbbed "Junkyard Workouts" you can check my thread for various pictures... I too have dropped weight in a bad way, from 200, down to 180ish

It will not beat me though.

WELCOME BACK!

machineman
07-30-12, 11:42 am
Welcome back brother.

The Sun
07-31-12, 3:03 pm
HOLY SHIT!!!! Here he is! been wondering where you were at brother!

Setbacks are a pert of life, Overcome and move forward. I know what it feels like, my gym closed down and I've been doing the newly dubbbed "Junkyard Workouts" you can check my thread for various pictures... I too have dropped weight in a bad way, from 200, down to 180ish

It will not beat me though.

WELCOME BACK!

had too much to think about, made me slack off, I became arrogant. I thought I do not need any kind of support. I was wrong.
good to be back.

MM - thank you.

I've had about 3 different workouts since my last update.

the good news - I can perform pullups, chinups, and gym rings pullups.
the bad news, I have not trained any form of legs or any exercises that puts load on the lower back. it still hurts. I'm waiting to see another doctor.

meanwhile, yesterday:
bench press 40,55,70,80kg all done for 5 reps, 90kg x3 (easily) and a back off set of 70kg x 8

many rows with 40kg dumbell
many chinups with 5kg plate

I want to squat and deadlift again. I want to get healthy.

The Sun
07-31-12, 3:07 pm
some thoughts:

I have found out that there is a significant percentage of players that juice in our small, local league.
I have been considered a juicer for a while, I found that out only 5 months ago, when players came to me asking what to use.

I told them I never read anything about steroids, and that I dont know. I know they did get some, with or without my help.

I am clean.

this leads me to another issue, which I have already put up before. I am SCARED.
I might MISS the entire season if I dont feel ready. by feeling ready I demand a full squat of at least 180kg again. I will not play with a squat weaker than that.

my mind is racing, playing tricks on me. I am losing time, and faith is not getting any stronger when time goes by.
redemption never looked so far away.

DANO
07-31-12, 3:47 pm
It is just an illusion. It is closer than you think.
Just remember you will get there faster by going slower. You are a smart guy, and you know rushing back into heavy lifts will just delay you indefinitly. Hit Juggs up, he had some shoulder issues, and currently has knee problems, and that man is a motivator for sure. I always took it as kind of a compliment, in a weird sort of way, to be accused/asked about being on steroids when your not.

JUGGERNAUT
08-01-12, 4:34 pm
Need you back:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?21308-Increased-Taxation

DANO
08-01-12, 5:39 pm
Need you back:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?21308-Increased-Taxation

X2... We need to get all the brotherhood back on board!

The Sun
08-03-12, 6:27 am
again couldn't do anything serious... you just learn to live with the fact you're not lifting anything near serious right now.

bench 40,55,70,80,90kg sets of 5

gym rings pullups 3x12

barbell power shrugs 105kg 3x10

ghetto GHR (done from pulley machine) - I'll try to explain these somewhen possible 3x8

The Sun
08-05-12, 9:05 am
I listen to the people in the gym. it's not that I want to, I just can't walk around with headphones forever, so I hear things.
they talk about almost anything except for training. rarely I hear someone talking some bullshit about his new routine or diet he's trying. let alone personal records on the lifts or the frame they're carrying.

I got home last night after the gym, finally with some good spirit after the session I had. while I was showering, I realised that the progress has put me to test. I have failed, but now I'm taking the 2nd chance and yesterday was the first step. progress should not be chased. progress should be kept in mind, measured by years.

by the end of 2011 I could squat 180kg for reps, bench press 140kg for a single rep and pull 210kg deadlift off the ground to a full lockout.
I will have to wait and see what the future holds, no matter how my back is doing right now.

so, speaking of that session, this is what was going on:

BW 78,7kg (best was 88kg and pretty lean)

overhead strict press, 40kgx5,50kgx2,57.5kgx1,65kgx5,65kgx4 - tough as nails. these were a grinder. back off set 52.5kgx5.

one arm DB bent over row 40kg 3x12 each hand

pullups 2x12

leg press (just needed light legs work to feel better) 80-90kg x2x8 i think, nothing heavy

leg curls I dont know what I did them lol.

some arms work, some rehab for the rotator cuf shoulder.

and as we all heared this sentence so many times, when we ask now what?

"now, we wait."

The Sun
08-06-12, 6:41 pm
step after step. today was the first one.

squat 40kg. first time after about 8 weeks. 3x5. light back pain. I'll see whats up with that, iced it.

bench press: 40kg,55kg,70kg,80kg sets of 5, 92.5kg x 3, back off 72kg x 8

overhead DB clean&press 27.5kg,25kg,22.5kg sets of 7

chins +7.5kg 3x10 easily, banged the reps with no stops between. speed sets I should call these.

power shrugs (explosive, strong extension like in cleans) 105kg 3x8

GHR (hand assisted) 3x8, getting better at these. waiting to get one done all alone with no hand assistent.

some biceps, some rehab exercises.

now its time to RECOVER

The Sun
08-10-12, 12:17 pm
yesterday I tried squatting 50kg, back still hurts, I've found a major knees sliding at the bottom of the hole, that might cause the pain, gotta fix the form. guess I got some muscle imbalance from the time I did lots of plyos with not enough squats and deadlifts.

so 50kg 5x5 with some back pain.

bench 40,55,70,80,92.5kg sets of 5, pretty fine, no serious trouble.

1 arm DB row 42.5kg 3x10

ring pullups bwx12,10,8

face pulls

shoulder rehab

lower back rehab

today:

went to our hill. wasn't performing any sprints for 2 weeks, it felt really bad.

11 hill sprints, and its terribly hot and humid here. I almost collapsed by the last one.

best thing about these - there's next week...
RECOVER

The Sun
08-11-12, 2:46 pm
I have found a way. I know what makes me back ache, and I know now how to fix it. now its time to be patient.

I have taken a video of my squat in the recent weeks, with a very low weight, and noticed that my pelvis tilted backward (PPT - posterior pelvis tilt).
when its just a tiny tilt its no big deal, but it wasnt tiny at all.

I have found that I let my hamstring relax at the bottom (knees shoving forward). tried to fix this many times, unsuccesfully. led me to belive I got a mobility or muscle imbalance that happen to occur during the time I did plyometrics.

searched the web, and found that Joe Defranco has a mobility sample routine called "Agile 8", which really loosen everything and make you move freely. tried that today, and surprisingly (or not), my tilt problem fixed, everything felt fine!

squat: 60kg 3x5 nothing bad with my back.

overhead press 40kgx5,50kgx2,60kgx1,65kgx2x5 (forgot to perform a backoff set with 50kg)

shrugs 105kg 3x8

pullups bwx3x12

GHR bw 3x8

some biceps

shoulder rehab

The Sun
08-13-12, 5:16 pm
tonight I went to the gym, and straight after to the football practice.

gym was like:

Agile 8 mobility work

squat 70kg 3x5 nice and easy, felt right

bench 40,55,70,80kg x 5, 95kgx3, 70kgx8 - all smooth, nothing hard.

deadlift 70kg 2x3 - felt alright for the back

weighted chinups +10kg 3x10

shoulder rehab.

protein shake in (2 scoops), gatorade in ----> football workout

2.5 hours in the gym, another 2 hours on the field, lots of sprints and agility drills.

time to RECOVER

The Sun
08-16-12, 2:36 pm
A virtue of true champions is patience.
thus, not many acquire it. I probably dont. but I'm trying, I swear I am.

tonight was a beginning of another training week. Tue and Wed were a complete rest days, I only did the mobility drill last night to loosen things.

Gym tonight:

Squat up to 80kg 3x5, very easy, but I was struggling a little with the form.

Bench - 40kg,55kg,70kg,80kg,95kg all for 5 reps, the last set with 95kg slowed down on the 5th rep and I had to push through, signs of undereating and weak lower body.

Deadlift 80kg 2x3 - really focused on the form.

1 arm DB row - 45kg 3x10 each hand

Gym rings pullups bwx12,10,10

shoulder rehab (rotators work)
lower back extentions on the floor (back rehab) and hamstrings stretches.

tomorrow, THE HILL OF TEARS COMES BACK

The Sun
08-17-12, 12:15 pm
that feeling you get when you wake up, and know this ain't going to be a "good" day...
well, that's what you feel when the hill sprints at the HILL OF TEARS is planned for the afternoon.

temperature outside is about 33 celsius.. about 60% humid. no fun.
I took a picture to let you guys take a look at our greatest fear, here you go guys, meet "THE HILL OF TEARS":

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422432_4473492241225_262040682_n.jpg

1 warmup uphill

5 sprints up, walking down slowly with no rest and blow another one.
fifth is the time for a sip of water\gatorade. you get 20 seconds to breathe and drink, if you didnt get to drink its your problem.

another 6 sprints up with no stop. only walking down to bang another one.

after 11 sprints you get to drink, then walk down and go up slowly with a light one uphill

total: 13 ups, 2 of them light, 11 full power 5th gear sprints

Hollow
08-17-12, 12:20 pm
temperature outside is about 33 celsius.. about 60% humid. no fun.
I took a picture to let you guys take a look at our greatest fear, here you go guys, meet "THE HILL OF TEARS":

Holy crap! Well I will say this, better you then! Lol...I kid. That definitely sounds like a brutal session. My hat is off to you.

The Sun
08-17-12, 3:08 pm
Holy crap! Well I will say this, better you then! Lol...I kid. That definitely sounds like a brutal session. My hat is off to you.

haha, I just checked the forecast. it says 75% humid.

The Sun
08-18-12, 2:28 pm
I was stupid last night, got drunk with Taquilla and shit. ruined my day.

went to the gym, I was pretty pissed off myself and had some issues in my mind. I dont have the patience to write it down.
bottom line is, I have decided to stay at home for now. not going out this month for clubs, bars, beach, nothing. I go out to buy food, and to work out. thats it.
you cant be the best if you are not willing to take the steps to become the best.

gym was:

squat 90kg 3x5, very easy, form looked good.

overhead press 40kgx5,50kgx2,60kgx1,67.5kgx2,3 (too heavy for now), 52.5kgx5

shrugs (done explosive, power shrugs) 110kg 2x5, 1x8 bodybuilding shrugs.

pullups bwx2x12

some biceps

some shoulder rehab

no more games. time to get serious.

World Eater
08-18-12, 2:45 pm
Haha, for some reason I'm kinda glad we're not the only ones coping with heat and humidity over here. We had 28-30ish and similar humidity. Sure is fun aye?

Hill of tears sounds fun...

The Sun
08-18-12, 2:48 pm
Haha, for some reason I'm kinda glad we're not the only ones coping with heat and humidity over here. We had 28-30ish and similar humidity. Sure is fun aye?

Hill of tears sounds fun...

ye... walking all the way to the car becomes a serious challenge afterward.

The Sun
08-20-12, 5:36 pm
Its monday. mondays are football, but gotta keep the grind on the gym prior to that.

so, it turns out I got to the gym at 17:15, and got back home at 23:20. lol. thats how much time I was outside between training and practice.

gym:
agile 8 mobility work

squat 100kg 3x5, not sure about form.

bench 40,55,70,80kg all for 5, 97.5kg x 3, 72.5kg x 8. nothing hard.

tried to deadlift, feels wrong with my back, stepped back from it for now.

chins +12.5kg 3x10

good mornings 40kg (rehab for back) 3x5

rotator cuff work.

gatorade in, protein shake in ----> football time!
just lotsa sprints, my feet and hips hurt like fuck now.

2 days rest now.

The Sun
08-24-12, 12:12 pm
Last night I decided I'm fixing my squat.

I performed like 1 hour of squatting warmup sets to fix my technique. my back hurts now, but I found a way to make it better during the process.

last night's session:

Squat warmup x who knows, 105kg 2x5

bench 40,55,70,80,97.5kg all for 5's

DB row 45kg 2x12

ring pullups 2x12,1x10

---------------

today is Friday, which means I'm already shaking. time for the HILL OF TEARS - this time I go solo. my partner pulled hims hammy, I will have to pay both my dues and his.

somebody's gonna sweat ... temprature is 32 celsius, 60% humid. let the fun begin...

The Sun
08-24-12, 12:14 pm
Just got back.

I mixed up the count, so I performed between 10 to 12 sprints uphill at full gas. I also did 2 warmups and 1 at 50% after I finished the last set.
I deserve a good meal now.

The Sun
08-25-12, 1:47 pm
LOL 8 am squats sounds like the worst morning on earth.

so tonight was another workout, 3rd in a row in 3 days.
hammies and adductors really tight...

squat 3x5 110kg - fine, back tweaked a little but I'm gonna keep pushing. fight fire with fire.

overhead press 40x5,50x2,60x1,67.5kg 2x4, 55kgx5 - 3 reps improvement from last week. next week im getting 5's.

explosive power shrugs 100kgx4,110kgx4,115kgx2x4, 115kgx8 (Bodybuilding style)

pullups bwx2x12

shoulder rehab.

bring the pain...

The Sun
08-25-12, 5:43 pm
I made a promise last week. those who follow know I stopped drinking, partying, whatever. I promised to stay at home, I'm commited to the goal, I wanna be a champion. I am willing to take the steps needed to become one.
2 nights ago, my friend was having a house party at his place. we had dinner then the alcohol was on.

I didnt tell you about the note I have written last week after that taquila night. I wrote down in hebrew - "You are not drinking again until you're off to Berlin for a vacation. You want to be a champion? then get serious"

when the alcohol popped out and people became tipsy, I just looked at the note inside my wallet, and never felt so confident about not touching that shit. I dont need that. people come and ask why dont I take just 1 shot, I tell them thats a show away from championship. I want that trophy so bad.

In the darkest hours of the night, I have found the light within me. I am focused again, I am working hard.
The other players in the league? Probably stronger than me right now, some are quicker, some faster, pretty sure their body is in better shape and ready physically for the grueling season.

They are faster, stronger, quicker perhaps, but no one is going to out work me. and when clashing time arrives, I promise - I will hit harder. they dont have it inside, that burning fire, that desire to be a champion, to play through the pain, to work out when everything still hurts, to over come major injuries.

I've been through that, I'm going through it every fucking single day.
MARK MY WORDS - I WILL NOT BE IGNORED. this is my year, my time, my turn.

EVERY CHAMPION WAS ONCE A CONTENDER THAT REFUSED TO GIVE UP

The Sun
08-27-12, 6:54 pm
monday, two workouts...

gym:

squat 115kg 3x5 not too hard back tweaked but not that bad.

bench 40,55,70,82.5x5, 100x3, 72.5x8

chinups +15kg x12,10,8

gatorade+protein shake in ---> football

5 hours workouts in total.

The Sun
08-30-12, 3:26 pm
tonight, back on the grind:

squat 120 3x5. nice and tight form

bench 40,55,70,85,100kg all for fives.

DB row 45kg 3x12

ring gym pullups x 13,11,12

shoulder rehab work

The Sun
08-31-12, 7:00 pm
today, HILL OF TEARS.

one of our guys puked... twice. sweet...

13 sprints uphill. 1 warmup, 1 50% cool down.

so thursday was squats? ye. today was hill sprints? right on. tomorrow is rest? NOPE. tomorrow we lift again...

The Sun
09-03-12, 6:24 pm
hill of tears does take a toll on your body.

saturday workout was:

light squat 100kg 2x5 and it felt a lot heavier than it should

overhead press (no belt) 67.5kg 2x4 - cant get that fifth rep fuck!

power shrugs up to 120kg 2x4 then a set of 8 bodybuilding style shrugs

2x12 bw pullups

2x12 arms

monday workout:

squat 125kg 3x5 - form slipped on first set, was "ok" the other two sets.

bench 40,55,70,85kg all for 5's, 102.5kg x 3, back off set: 72.5kg 1x8

overhead dumbbelll clean&press 25kg's 2x7

weighted chinups +15kg x 12,10,8

shoulder rehab

gatorade in, whey in ---> football! (FUCK)

I got screwed, this practice was called "SPEED KILLS" - named after what we were doing.

Plyos, agility, speed, conditioning for almost 2 hours. my legs HURT. my fe

The Sun
09-06-12, 4:46 pm
And... a new week!

Squats 130kg 3x5 - damn it gets heavier and doing it beltless is way harder than I thought it would be.

Bench press 40kgx55kgx70kgx85kgx102.5kg all for 5's

DB row 45kg's 3x12 no chalk today muhahahaha fucked my palm.

gym rings pullups bw x 12,10,6 - so exhausted

shoulder rotations rehab.

tomorrow - THE HILL OF TEARS!

DANO
09-07-12, 11:19 am
Good work Sun. Playing it smart is the best plan!

The Sun
09-07-12, 1:44 pm
Good work Sun. Playing it smart is the best plan!

ty DANO Im doing my best. the revenge is fueling me.

afternoon:

legs sore from squats... GOOD DAY FOR SOME SPRINTS!

11 uphill on the HILL OF TEARS. 2x50% cooldown. no1 puked today... but I feel so quick.

The Sun
09-10-12, 11:51 am
Saturday workout:

light squat 100x5,105x5

overhead press no belt 67.5 2x4, 55x6

pullups 2x12

power shrugs 125x3x3

wrestling 2 rounds full contact on the mat

Monday workout:

squat 115x2,130x1,140x3

Bench 70x5,85x5,105x3, 72.5x8

chinups +17.5kg x 12,10,9

DB standing overhead press 25's kg 2x7

The Sun
09-10-12, 11:52 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBNLnsHV13M

thats the 140kgx3 set Im taking videos of everything to check the form, this way I keep the track and see if something looks awkward

The Sun
09-13-12, 12:33 pm
new week on the grind...

Squats 132.5 3x5 - TOUGH AS FUCKING NAILS
sets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGJVFZXsbU - 1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2s8BHTeNA - 2nd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DExxFG3tb8w - 3rd

Bench 40,60,75,87.5,105 all for 5's. the 105kg set was a damn grind, I don't understand how I got the 5th rep. guess its how bad do you want it and how far do you push the limit cuz that SHOULDNT have been a successful rep.

1 arm DB row 45'skg 3x12 both hands - no chalk

gym rings pullups x 12,10,8

some face pulls

shoulder rotations (prehab)

The Sun
09-15-12, 2:22 pm
rewind back to March 2012. A doctor who is known for his specialty with shoulders check my right shoulder, he says I need injections and to quit football and lifting weights, that shoulder is a mess.
I dont quit, and go to see the best doctor in the country, who also is known for shoulder specialty. he says the same thing. you shoulder never lift heavy weights again, go light, workout and get fit but thats it.
Football? dude you're done.

I go to see a Physio who says I need to strengthen my rotators, one of them must be torn and theres a serious inflammation going on, also the scapula is pulling the shoulder in the wrong direction.
will I ever be able to play again? he says there's a slight chance, but it will never be the same as it was.

a slight chance? sounds good enough.

HOURS of rehab, US machine and electric shocks, zillion of rotators work. then, permission to bench press 1kg dumbbells, cuz pushups are just too much right now.
PAIN is all I can describe, no wait, FRUSTRATION goes along.
but he said theres a slight chance, thats good enough for me.

Forward, August 2012.

yesterday: HILL OF TEARS. pulled my hamstring lower tendon, connecting to the knee from behind. problem? fuck that, 10 sprints up hill. solo, no1 to push me, I went alone.

Saturday:

light squat, every rep feels like shit with that pulled hammy nudging. fuck that. 100kgx5

overhead press 60kgx1, 70kg x 2 x 3 bodyweight is 80kg sharp, no belt, just bust that shit and bang them reps. thats the heaviest I went for the last 7 months, and also the heaviest ever to bust reps across. first time I do this without a belt. shit I wouldn't believe if you told me 3 months ago.

Sumo deadlift 100kg 1x5

Power shrugs 115kgx3,130kgx2x3

pullups bw 2x12

biceps
shoulder prehab

The Sun
09-17-12, 12:43 pm
Monday workout:

Squat 115kgx2,130kgx1,145kgx3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLu0z50FYH0

Bench 40kgx5,60kgx5,75kgx5,87.5kgx5 , 107.5kgx3 , 75kgx8

Deadlift 110kgx5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlkyQTuKyyE

Chins +20kg x 12,10,8

The Sun
09-21-12, 7:06 am
Tue: Technical practice with the football team. no serious sprints or so. just a little.

Thursday night workout:

squat 135kg x 5,2(I chickened and felt its not going well), 5, 3

bench press 75x5,90x3,107.5kgx3 (missed 2 reps, hit the hooks on the way up... fuck!)

DB standing shoulder press 25'skg 2x7

DB row 45kg 3x12

gym rings pullups x12,10,10

TODAY:

THE HILL OF TEARS

The Sun
09-22-12, 1:17 pm
yesterday HILL OF TEARS : 13 sprint full speed, 2 warmups,

today:

light squat 100kgx5

strict overhead press no belt 70kg 3x3

deadlift 120kg 1x5

power shrugs 130kgx3, 135kg 2x3

pullups 2x12

The Sun
09-24-12, 7:16 pm
monday double workout.

bodyweight 80.5kg

squat 120kgx2,135kgx1,150kgx3 nice and easy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RSG51rYEg

bench 75kgx5,90kgx3,110kgx3 very pleased

deadlift 125kg 1x5

chinups tried to max out, im going to be away for a week, Octoberfest in Germany. bw+20kgx1,30kgx1,40kgx1
back off +10kgx2x10

thennn - gatorade and whey in -> football practice. got some nice bruises :)

IF anyone knows a good gym and not expensive one as well at Berlin \ Munich please hit me.

The Sun
10-05-12, 2:28 pm
got back home at 5:30 am. the night before I couldn't sleep, apperantly, all 3 of my guys who I shared room with got sick and I got infected as well. my throat aches. I couldnt sleep either because of that, and the fact that 3 big guys are snoring their asses off.
problem is, I had a workout abroad at a very phony place called stefan sports center in munich. really shitty place. barely got a squat rack, but I did some work.

so wed workout was:

125kg x 2 x 5 VERY HARD squats - probably poor nutrition, lack of sleep hours, new gym and a badass hangover from the octoberfest beers.

same goes for 90kg x 5 bench press

and the 135kg 1x5 deadlift.

saturday prior to that, I found powerhouse gym at berlin. located in the slums, a huge floor with lots of iron thrown all over. whatever kind of machines you want, lots of plates and dumbells, and the highlight: a LEGS ONLY room.
very good squat rack by the way. sadly, I had to deload cuz im abroad so i didnt go all out, went very light.
the gym was filled with HUGE monsters, it looked like im in some underground monsters place.

the LEGS ONLY room had no lights on, I mean, I literally squatted in the dark. that was amazing and very hardcore, the only light came from the other room, only enough to not hurt yourself.

anyway, what I did put in was:

135kg squat x 1 single rep - deload

bench 80kg x 3 - deload

deadlift 130kg 1x5

chinups +15kg 3x10 + bwx12

now im back home.

I didnt sleep well as I mentioned, and I barely even got over the doms from not sleeping. time to recover right? WRONG. went out and blazed 10 uphill sprints at the HILL OF TEARS. hope that helps my throat.
thats it for now...

The Sun
10-06-12, 2:47 pm
first workout back in israel:

went to the hill of tears yesterday, banged 10 uphill.

saturday:

squat up to 140kgx3

deadlift up to 140kg 2x3

power shrugs up to 135kg 2x3

rings pullups 3x10

GHR 3x8