PDA

View Full Version : Diet Advice

dgrand
07-25-12, 11:37 pm
Hey guys im pretty new to the site and was just looking to get some tips on my diet and supplements. Im 20 5'10" and 165 pounds and looking to gain muscle/weight. I started out at 140 a couple years ago so ive got some decent results but wanted to see if you all had any advice on what I could do better.
7:00 am: Two scoops protein, cup of oats, pb blended
9:30 am: PB sandwich
12:30: cup of whole grain pasta, 6-8 oz chicken
2-3: almonds, granola bar, (other snack foods)
5:00: two cans tuna, cup of whole grain pasta
7:30: two scoops protein, creatine (post-workout)
9:30: couple bowls of cereal
10:30: greek yogurt or three eggs and toast on a good day

For supplements im just taking protein, creatine, animal pak, and possibly animal pump for a pre workout.

If you guys have any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wycked
07-26-12, 12:24 am
Hey guys im pretty new to the site and was just looking to get some tips on my diet and supplements. Im 20 5'10" and 165 pounds and looking to gain muscle/weight. I started out at 140 a couple years ago so ive got some decent results but wanted to see if you all had any advice on what I could do better.
7:00 am: Two scoops protein, cup of oats, pb blended
9:30 am: PB sandwich
12:30: cup of whole grain pasta, 6-8 oz chicken
2-3: almonds, granola bar, (other snack foods)
5:00: two cans tuna, cup of whole grain pasta
7:30: two scoops protein, creatine (post-workout)
9:30: couple bowls of cereal
10:30: greek yogurt or three eggs and toast on a good day

For supplements im just taking protein, creatine, animal pak, and possibly animal pump for a pre workout.

If you guys have any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That diet isn't gonna cut it my friend. U wanna put some muscle on u need to get quality food into u

ThatLittleMonster
07-26-12, 12:49 am
Whats Your Budget look like?

dgrand
07-26-12, 11:58 am
That diet isn't gonna cut it my friend. U wanna put some muscle on u need to get quality food into u

Yeah I know i need to eat more im just pretty busy with school and work so i normally only have a half hour max to eat each meal. ill do my best to cram some more in there though.

dgrand
07-26-12, 12:00 pm
Whats Your Budget look like?

its pretty tight right now since i just moved into an apartment and have books to buy for school. it should hopefully get better soon right now i could probably do 100 max on food a week so im definitely looking for some cheap choices.

dgrand
07-26-12, 1:58 pm
Ive been looking up other threads on the forum and ive got some ideas for things i could do differently while still keeping it cheap

7:00 greek yogurt
2 scoops protein
.5 cup oats
9:30 3 slices whole grain bread/pb
can of tuna
animal pak
12:00 cup of pasta
Chicken breast
3:00 3 slices bread
can of tuna
scoop of protein
5:30 Chicken breast
cup of brown rice
6:30 Animal pump before the gym
8:30 scoop of protein
.5 cup oats
creatine
10:30 4 eggs
toast

I got a lot of that from a thread a couple weeks back but changed a few things around. I guess I was just being a fool before and thinking I ate enough to get by. If you have any thoughts or input on this diet let me know and ill try it out to see if i can pull it at my work and with my cash. Thanks for any advice and thanks for pointing out that I wwasnt eating nearly enough.

JSwick
07-26-12, 2:34 pm
i started out in the same boat as you brother.... i was 145 now im 185...about 9 percent fat... you gotta experiment what works for you... find a good weight gainer shake.... Universal has one that I still use. ...focus on calorie dens.e foods. Steel cut oats are very calorie dense... 300 calories for a 1/4 cup dry. Eat red meat once a day... lean steak and ground beef... also check out Animal Mstak and Universal GH Max. Two of my favs.

Solid Dreams
07-26-12, 3:10 pm
Man, http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Eat/Articles/Pack-On-Weight-For-Less-Than-10-A-Day

Right there, all you need!

dgrand
07-26-12, 6:08 pm
JSwick- Ill definitely check out the steel cut oats and some weight gainer instead of just whey. I dont know if i can do the other supplements right now but ill definitely keep them in mind for when i get out of school and have some extra cash.

Solid Dreams - Awesome article, definitely helps out a lot. I've been drinking skim milk forever but will definitley switch over to whole and add in some more bread and eggs.

The advice is much appreciated guys

Cellardweller
07-26-12, 7:14 pm
here's a classic that might help with your busy schedule

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=209

Here's a good thread too

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?6026-Eating-On-A-Budget&highlight=EATING%20COLLEGE