PDA

View Full Version : Sebssen's journey to a bigger, stronger and faster body!

Sebssen
07-26-12, 5:07 pm
Hey AnimalPak!

So I have decided that I should start a log. :-D

I am 17 years old and living in Denmark. After the summer vacation it will be my 2nd year in High School. I have been training for 2.5 years now, with the first year training unseriously. I will admit that I have been shifting back and forth between programs, kind of Programming ADD.

Monday 30th I will start Wendlers 5/3/1 and my diet will be based on Shelby Starnes - Lean Gain Principles. Carb cycling. I will be planning my diet 2 weeks in advance and when they're gone, I will evaluate and tweak if necessary. Conditioning will always be a part of my plan, mostly HIIT. My goal is to be athletic and not out of shape. I wanna be able to do every sport I wanna do.

My main goal for the next 3 months: Strength
Secondary: Size

Starting 1 RMs:
Squat: 308 lbs
Deadlift: 341 lbs
Bench Press: 214.5 lbs
Press: 121 lbs

Starting weight: 187 lbs
Starting bodyfat: 9.5 % (3-site skinfold, I am not feeling that way, but after numerous testings and with many different calculaters it still says 9.5 so must be true)
LBM: 169 lbs

All from here now. I am looking forward to my journey! :-D

Sebssen

Sebssen
07-27-12, 5:54 am
Okay, so I will just update on how my diet will be in the first two weeks of my journey. And what my training will look like the first cycle. :-D

My diet week will consist of 2 high days, 3 moderate days and 2 low days.
High days = Monday and Friday.
Moderate days = Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday.
Low days = Thursday and Saturday

My macronutrient breakdown will be as follows:
High day: Protein = 222 g Carbs = 460 g Fat = 15
Moderate day: Protein = 285 g Carbs = 180 g Fat = 61 g
Low day: Protein = 295 g Carbs = 90 g Fat = 73,5 g

Training will be like this:

Monday Squat:
Squat 5/3/1
Squat 5 x 10 50%
Weighted Situps 5 x 10

Wednesday Benchpress:
Benchpress 5/3/1
Benchpress 5 x 10 50%
Rows: 5 x 10
Curls: 5 x 10
BB Shrugs: 5 x 10

Friday Deadlift:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Deadlift 5 x 10 50%
Weighted ab work 5 x 10
Kroc Rows: 3 x 25

Sunday Press:
Press 5/3/1
Press 5 x 10 50%
Lat Pulldown: 5 x 10
Side Raises: 3 x 15
Face Pulls: 3 x 20
Tricep Pushdown: 3 x 15

So that is my training and diet, hope you will follow me along on my Journey and give me some constructive critisism if needed :-)

Sebssen

Saeger
07-27-12, 8:01 am
Nice stuff man, Welcome and good luck on your journey. I may pop in from time to time to see how you're doing.

World Eater
07-27-12, 10:53 am
Welcome and good luck. Is there any specific reason you're going for 5/3/1?
Have you read this one? It's on 5/3/1 and bodybuilding. http://www.jimwendler.com/2011/09/531-and-bodybuilding/

Sebssen
07-28-12, 5:45 pm
Thank you, and sounds nice :-)

Well I am going with 5/3/1 because I need something easy and simple this year, 2nd year in highschool in Denmark is the hardest year, and I don't think that I will have the time or energy to play around and think too much about programming :-)

Ahh there it was, I saw the article in the spring this year and decided that, that was what I were going to do after my summer vacation. Thank you, I couldn't find it yesterday so I just outlined something till I found this. Thank you very much this will be my training plan :-D

Sebssen

Sebssen
07-30-12, 7:18 am
Okay so I just came home from the first training session :-)

Well it went okay. Did my strength work and only got the needed reps. :-)

A: Squat 3x5
Set 1: 80 kg
Set 2: 92,5 kg
Set 3: 105 kg

B: Leg Press:
5 x 15 100 kg (the leg press in my gym is very different from a normal leg press)

C1: Leg Curl:
5 x 15 55 kg

C2: Leg Extension:
4 x 12 40 kg

D: Leg Raise: 4 x15

E: Decline Crunch: 4 x 12

Now it should be noted that the last set of 5 in squat was very hard. It may be due to a number of things: Bad sleep, training as the first thing of the day (I normally train afternoon).

I would rate the session: 5/10
Not the best session but I got what I needed :-)

Sebssen