PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at same weight for 2 weeks

Ali
07-31-12, 12:38 am
Hi,
I'll get to the point. The thing is that i started going to gym from 10th June 2012 and my main goal is to shed some excess fat. I am 5'11'' and when i started working out i was 213.4 lbs and now i weigh around 193.4lbs. I changed my diet from junk to healthy. By healthy i mean veggies, oats, fruits, chickpeas (boiled),red beans(boiled), chicken (boiled), egg whites and most importantly a protein shake. but now i am at the same 193.4lbs for the last 2 weeks. So what am i doing wrong? I do a full body workout throughout the week and on every odd day i do a 30min cardiovascular activity like stationary bike, twister etc. One thing i would like to mention is that i haven't started abs workout yet, is it because of this that i am stuck at the same weight?

Regards,
Ali

BigChrisF
07-31-12, 1:01 am
I wouldn't get too worried about it. Just decrease the calories you are eating a little bit and see if it gets your weight loss on track. Be patient with it. The large amount of weight lost at the beginning of a diet is mostly water, so it was bound to slow down. Doing ab work certainly won't hurt, but it isn't what is preventing you from losing weight.

G Diesel
07-31-12, 9:46 am
Hi,
I'll get to the point. The thing is that i started going to gym from 10th June 2012 and my main goal is to shed some excess fat. I am 5'11'' and when i started working out i was 213.4 lbs and now i weigh around 193.4lbs. I changed my diet from junk to healthy. By healthy i mean veggies, oats, fruits, chickpeas (boiled),red beans(boiled), chicken (boiled), egg whites and most importantly a protein shake. but now i am at the same 193.4lbs for the last 2 weeks. So what am i doing wrong? I do a full body workout throughout the week and on every odd day i do a 30min cardiovascular activity like stationary bike, twister etc. One thing i would like to mention is that i haven't started abs workout yet, is it because of this that i am stuck at the same weight?

Regards,
Ali

You lost 20 lbs in like 7 weeks, which is phenomenal. Odds are, with all of that dieting, your metabolism has gotten sluggish. you likely need a re-feed day to stimulate metabolism, to lower your daily calories to now reflect the macros required by your 10% decrease in bodyweight and/or you need to up your activity levels with more cardio or more dynamic weight training (circuits, supersets, etc).

You've made tremendous progress thus far, now it is time to adjust and adapt to keep it rolling forward.

Peace, G

Ali
07-31-12, 12:19 pm
You lost 20 lbs in like 7 weeks, which is phenomenal. Odds are, with all of that dieting, your metabolism has gotten sluggish. you likely need a re-feed day to stimulate metabolism, to lower your daily calories to now reflect the macros required by your 10% decrease in bodyweight and/or you need to up your activity levels with more cardio or more dynamic weight training (circuits, supersets, etc).

You've made tremendous progress thus far, now it is time to adjust and adapt to keep it rolling forward.

Peace, G

I need to get down to 187lbs and as i mentioned i am at 193 lbs. Ok so by re-feed you mean is a cheat meal time now? cos i haven eaten anything in excess of calories,carbs,fats etc also no cold drinks not even diet coke nothing. I still have some body fat on my tummy and love handles and i want to get rid of it. My workouts are getting to a higher level each week but not to an extreme level yet.

bharatoza
07-31-12, 1:11 pm
Try this...works wonders for all my clients

Before breakfast - 1 scoop whey isolate with 1 tbsp glutamine

1 tbsp glutamine before each meal - so 6-7 tbsp per day

Add a green veggie drink postworkout to restore alkalinity and reduce stress hormone.

Do it for 6 weeks consistently and let me know how it works for you. Don't be surprised if you gain weight but get leaner and stronger.

Ali
08-02-12, 12:07 am
Try this...works wonders for all my clients

Before breakfast - 1 scoop whey isolate with 1 tbsp glutamine

1 tbsp glutamine before each meal - so 6-7 tbsp per day

Add a green veggie drink postworkout to restore alkalinity and reduce stress hormone.

Do it for 6 weeks consistently and let me know how it works for you. Don't be surprised if you gain weight but get leaner and stronger.

Sure i will let you know how it all came out bharatoza

Ali
08-27-12, 1:55 am
ok so i changed my diet a bit and here i am after like 4 weeks. as i mentioned that i was at 193lbs when i created this thread and was stuck at this weight for 3 weeks but now i have good news guys now i weight 187lbs and i am happy at where i am now. My goal is to reach 171lbs.

I will keep updating this thread to let you all know my progress.

Regards,
Ali