PDA

View Full Version : Python's journal The Beginning

Pumpp.Pythons
08-01-12, 1:25 pm
Hello welcome to my journal im a begginer at weight lifting and was hoping to share what i know(extremely little about weights) BUt mostly to learn from a trusted source. As of today ill try the routine #1 ya know! the barbell one. Bar is a little heavy for me so i throw that around before i put weight on it( i only got three reps outa 20 lbs.) then it was like my arms felt failure. I'm used to 25lb dumbells and just leg press and leg curls.
trying to get as much protien as possible i work harder on that. SO ya my short term goal is to get around 170 and able to have enough strengtht to lift my own body weight cureent;y im 25 year old male @165.5 lbs. .Whish me luck!

Pumpp.Pythons
08-06-12, 1:35 pm
im still training with nautilis machines chest press i think im doing three sets of 45lbs 10r, compound rows 3s 12r @ 50lbs.Then i try to do barbell lifts i can rep Flat Bench only about six reps one set.IDK if im too weak to lift or not? Ive tried everything on routine #1 except calf raises and tri extensions. Ill post what i do for leg press and leg curls @ later date.

C.Coronato
08-07-12, 10:52 am
Welcome my man. You are in a good spot, with much to learn here. We have all started somewhere, and learned to grow and adapt to where we want to be. Keep pushing, and keep growing!

Saeger
08-07-12, 11:19 am
Welcome my man. You are in a good spot, with much to learn here. We have all started somewhere, and learned to grow and adapt to where we want to be. Keep pushing, and keep growing!

^ This.

I would say that since you are trying to add size and strength, bring down your rep range from 10 to maybe 5 and up the weight. As you push the weight really try to flex that muscle at the same time, you want to create a muscle to mind connection where you can really feel the force coming from that area and like always focus on form. Most importantly diet, you need to eat like a monster and train like an animal. I really emphasize on the diet though eat alot my friend. Only hit each muscle group once within 5-7 days and really focus on the big muscle groups (Chest, Back Legs). Hit only one of those groups each day, I try to throw biceps in with chest and keep shoulders and triceps together on a separate day.. Allow plenty of time for your muscles to repair so you can go back the next time and kill it. Good luck bro, hopefully this helps.

Kowboy
08-07-12, 11:43 am
No such thing as not strong enough to lift weights, we all start somewhere. Go in there and tear that shit up, who cares what the weight is. If you get pumped and are getting stronger then keep killing it bro! Welcome to the brotherhood.

Pumpp.Pythons
08-13-12, 3:20 pm
^ This.

I would say that since you are trying to add size and strength, bring down your rep range from 10 to maybe 5 and up the weight. As you push the weight really try to flex that muscle at the same time, you want to create a muscle to mind connection where you can really feel the force coming from that area and like always focus on form. Most importantly diet, you need to eat like a monster and train like an animal. I really emphasize on the diet though eat alot my friend. Only hit each muscle group once within 5-7 days and really focus on the big muscle groups (Chest, Back Legs). Hit only one of those groups each day, I try to throw biceps in with chest and keep shoulders and triceps together on a separate day.. Allow plenty of time for your muscles to repair so you can go back the next time and kill it. Good luck bro, hopefully this helps.

Thanks for advice, so would that be five days a week of training? Ill lower reps and increase weight. Still only reping barbell not very good.

Pumpp.Pythons
08-13-12, 3:26 pm
for nautilis leg curl today i did 3s 12r 60 pounds
compound row was 3s 12r about 40 pounds
Flat bench press no weight just bar 1s 12r then half a set of 5 more reps
Leg press dont remember the wieght its the small natuilis leg press not the one that holds the barbells. I did 3s.
barbell curls about 7r 1s no weight.

so focusing on one or two body parts a day works better then the three day split with the barbell?

Saeger
08-13-12, 4:12 pm
Thanks for advice, so would that be five days a week of training? Ill lower reps and increase weight. Still only reping barbell not very good.

Listen to your body, if your still sore and not allowing your muscles to completely recover than your not gonna get as good of an outcome. There are some good Routines on here that you can try to form your workout around. Check out this thread, it should help a lot.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32