PDA

View Full Version : How to HIT the low lats.....

VinceRkg
08-03-12, 12:35 pm
I have been able to get my upper lats good pumped and had wide wings when lifting and doing shows, but had a narrow lower lat area. Whats a good workout to hit that spot of back? I can never really FEEL I work that part out and get a good pump with it. Certain rows or pullups??

Hollow
08-03-12, 1:43 pm
BB Rows using a reverse grip, Reverse Grip Pull Downs, T Bar Rows and hitting Dead Lifts wouldn't be a bad idea.

PORTERHOUSE
08-03-12, 4:17 pm
Make sure you aren't hitting your lats too high, they are a long muscle, pull things like rows in to your waist, not your chest.

VinceRkg
08-03-12, 4:37 pm
Pulling to waist got it...I thnk I might be pulling too high, up to upper abs actually..Thanks guys and will fix this ASAP...

MRmichael.hooker
08-03-12, 4:59 pm
Make sure you aren't hitting your lats too high, they are a long muscle, pull things like rows in to your waist, not your chest.

BAM!!! great tip right here bro

VinceRkg
08-03-12, 5:34 pm
Yes indeed...gonna try and do that next week.....thanks again all

Joe J
08-12-12, 4:32 pm
Yeah, definitely pulling to the waist. Yates style BB rows and if your gym has a Nautilus Pullover that is also a great movement for targeting the entire lats and a great tool for pre-exhausting on back day.

VinceRkg
08-14-12, 12:17 pm
Thanks guy, is it safe to hit back twice a week, like one day width and other day thickness? Kinda legs legs hitting Hams one day and quads the next....couple days apart of course.

PORTERHOUSE
08-14-12, 12:19 pm
Thanks guy, is it safe to hit back twice a week, like one day width and other day thickness? Kinda legs legs hitting Hams one day and quads the next....couple days apart of course.

I'm sure there are guys who do it, but I don't think it's really necessary. I do both in one workout, I don't see a point in separating them.

Joe J
08-14-12, 5:17 pm
I'm sure there are guys who do it, but I don't think it's really necessary. I do both in one workout, I don't see a point in separating them.

I agree. Once a week is more rthan enough.

VinceRkg
08-15-12, 12:33 pm
Thanks guys.....I just want to hit each bodypart hard and make sure I work it. Last time I was in gym prepping and off season I was just moving weight with my trainer and didnt really hit the muscles like I had to. So going slow and lots of squeezing is what I am doing now. Thanks again