PDA

View Full Version : Polk17's Journey at Go Hard Barbell

Pages : [1] 2 3

Polk17
08-04-12, 6:34 pm
I have had a Journey on here for a while, but since I am starting my 1st legitimate Meet Prep, last year I did a meet but just decided 8 or so weeks out and just did it, so I am dedicating a log to it... My goal is to total Elite at this meet, I am almost sure it will be @ 242, which is 1,607, but I am right around 240 right now and going back to coaching in a few weeks, I might lose some more weight which would allow me to cut to 220 (I would have to be @ 232-4 to make the cut) and Elite @ 220 is 1,551... I feel like 1,551 is very reasonable, but 1,607 will be a real test...

OK, the last time I competed was October last year, and I did 475/275/600/1,350 @ 220, and I feel like these were true maxes... In the gym before the meet my maxes were 455/265/575...

Heading into this meet my maxes are:

Squat - 525 Without Wraps
Bench - 315
Pull - 645

The Goals for the meet are:

Squat - 575-600 W/ Wraps (Have never worn them before)
Bench - 330-340
Pull - 675-700

I have Josh Bryant doing my programming, I would highly recommend him and I can guarantee you that you will get stronger, and that you will earn it... So out of respect to his plan I will be relatively vague in my explanation of the Assistance and Special Work he prescribes... I train in my Garage Gym named Go Hard Barbell in Sebring, and at the DAC in Arcadia, my training partner is my best friend and fellow FORVM member FiredUp, follow his log here http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?39239-12-Weeks-to-First-Meet, as he is working towards the same meet...

My diet I feel is pretty solid, I follow John Kiefer's Carb Backloading Protocol and have been very successful with it... The process starts tomorrow, with Close Grip Bench Work, which basically ends up being an Upper Assistance day...

Nix0r
08-04-12, 9:18 pm
Yes.

Polk17
08-04-12, 9:25 pm
Yes.

Coronas...

Solid Dreams
08-04-12, 9:48 pm
Good luck buddy! I know you can do amazing shit with your trainer and CBL!

Polk17
08-04-12, 10:40 pm
Good luck buddy! I know you can do amazing shit with your trainer and CBL!

Thanks my dude, really looking forward to seeing this whole year's worth of work pay off...

J Wong
08-04-12, 11:53 pm
Nice...I'll be following. Maybe I will be able to make it up there and come watch.

Polk17
08-05-12, 10:28 am
Nice...I'll be following. Maybe I will be able to make it up there and come watch.

That'd be awesome... Not too bad a drive for you...

Polk17
08-05-12, 7:54 pm
Sunday 8/5/12 - Upper

Josh Strength

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell w/ Keek The Sneak...

preWO - RAGE, Krealkyn, & BCAAs

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

CLOSE GRIP BENCH

Bar x Many x 2
Add Foam Roller (For Arch)
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 2

250 x 5 x 3 - These moved very well...

PRESS

115 x 10 x 3

REVERSE GRIP INCLINE

155 x 10 x 3 - 1st time doing these, & I thought they would be hard, but I really liked them... I felt like I had good bar speed...

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back, More Triceps, Yoke, & Abs)

CONDITIONING (Prowler - 45's x 40 Yards x 8, w/ 45 Sec Rest)

pWO - 2 Scoops Protein, Chocolate Milk, Krealkyn, & BCAAs

Probably do some Light Restoration/Feeder Work tomorrow, then Squat on Tuesday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hsfFoAdKTo&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
08-06-12, 12:17 am
Ass down.

Polk17
08-06-12, 7:59 am
Ass down.

Face up? Haha

Ya I saw that, trying to focus on arch and when I do ass comes up... Gotta get better, but considering I barely got 255 x 5 Reg Grip 4 months ago, I'll take it....

naturalguy
08-06-12, 9:21 am
Nice, good luck, train hard

Polk17
08-06-12, 9:44 am
Nice, good luck, train hard

Only way to do it man, thanks...

GSant434
08-06-12, 10:16 am
This shit looks official. Crush it bro.

Polk17
08-06-12, 10:25 am
This shit looks official. Crush it bro.

So official, all I need is a whistle...

You know it my dude...

Altered Beast
08-06-12, 10:28 am
HERE you are!

Nix is right, keep that ass down. Push up with your hips and flex the glutes as opposed to coming off the bench. You must not be getting much from your lats if you're having to come off the bench. Remember to FLARE those lats throughout the entire lift. Upper back is good for the arch, but you really need some serious lats for stabilization and power out of the hole.

I see you're still bouncing off of your chest. Have you tried bringing the bar a little lower and tucking your elbows a little bit more? It will reduce the range of motion and use more of your triceps.

*Just trying to help! I expect the same from you.

Polk17
08-06-12, 10:45 am
HERE you are!

Nix is right, keep that ass down. Push up with your hips and flex the glutes as opposed to coming off the bench. You must not be getting much from your lats if you're having to come off the bench. Remember to FLARE those lats throughout the entire lift. Upper back is good for the arch, but you really need some serious lats for stabilization and power out of the hole.

I see you're still bouncing off of your chest. Have you tried bringing the bar a little lower and tucking your elbows a little bit more? It will reduce the range of motion and use more of your triceps.

*Just trying to help! I expect the same from you.

Ya it's always an issue, I feel like when I get leg drive my ass comes up, and when I keep my ass down I get not leg drive... No two ways about it, just have to get better... I am much stronger, just not quite dialed in...

And ya I tried to not bounce as much as possible, but this was first time I've taken CG to chest in a while and wasn't too stable @ bottom... For whatever reason Josh doesn't care about the bounce on CG stuff... You're right though if I'm weak @ bottom I have to get better down there...

Big Wides
08-06-12, 10:47 am
I'll be following along, seems like a nice log so far

J-Dawg
08-06-12, 11:17 am
Subbed here Polk. Looking strong brother.

I saw in the vid you did reverse grip incline. Do these help with speed/explosiveness?

Altered Beast
08-06-12, 12:10 pm
Ya it's always an issue, I feel like when I get leg drive my ass comes up, and when I keep my ass down I get not leg drive... No two ways about it, just have to get better... I am much stronger, just not quite dialed in...

And ya I tried to not bounce as much as possible, but this was first time I've taken CG to chest in a while and wasn't too stable @ bottom... For whatever reason Josh doesn't care about the bounce on CG stuff... You're right though if I'm weak @ bottom I have to get better down there...

Agreed.

No red lights! Right?

Polk17
08-06-12, 12:23 pm
Subbed here Polk. Looking strong brother.

I saw in the vid you did reverse grip incline. Do these help with speed/explosiveness?

They are in the program for Upper Chest & Tricep work, but everything I do I do as Explosive & Fast as possible...

It was my first time with them and I really liked them...

Polk17
08-06-12, 12:40 pm
Agreed.

No red lights! Right?

All whites my dude... The last Regular Bench was real clean, you wouldn't have had anything to say, hahaha...

All good though I'll always struggle with my Bench, won't stop me from hitting 500 Raw and it'll be that much sweeter...

Polk17
08-06-12, 12:41 pm
I'll be following along, seems like a nice log so far

Good to have you, trying to put up a big number...

Polk17
08-07-12, 11:13 pm
Tuesday 8/7/12 - Squat

JS

preWO - RAGE, Kreaklyn, & BCAAs

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUATS

Bar x a lot x a few
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 1
Added Belt
365 x 1

Added Inzer Z Knee Wraps
405 x 3
450 x 3 - Not sure what to think about the Knee Wraps yet... 450 felt heavier than it should have, but it's been 4 weeks since I have had anything on my back, and my set-up wasn't as good because of the Wraps... The weight moved pretty well first two, then I hit the Spud Straps on the third and messed up my rhythm...

PAUSED SQUATS

Removed Wraps & Added Rehbands

365 x 3 x 6 - Lotta volume...

BANDED FREE SQUATS

290 + Doubled Mini x 2 x 4 - 1st time w/ Banded Squats, it's a different feel... Plus at this point I was SHOT... It is hot as hell in my Garage...

GHR

BW x 6 x 4

OTHER ASSISTANCE (Some more Posterior Chain, Quads, Forearms, Yoke & Abs)

pWO - 2 Scoops Protein & 1/2 Gallon Chocolate Milk

TBH, this was killer, it was 2 full hours of Non-Stop movement... The Paused Squats killed me, 365 feels like 455 when you completely stop at bottom, but, I bet no one else who will be there October 28th did this today, and come meet day, it'll show... & it's a great excuse to house food ppWO... I dig it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOKyzE_XNM&feature=youtu.be

GSant434
08-08-12, 9:33 am
Nice work powering through those squats. I can't imagine how much fun your legs were having hitting the banded squats after the paused reps, but I'm sure it'll pay dividends come meet day.

Altered Beast
08-08-12, 10:11 am
BE SURE to get in some serious extra Rumble Rolling on every possible lower muscle to speed up healing.

Nice work!

Polk17
08-08-12, 11:29 am
Nice work powering through those squats. I can't imagine how much fun your legs were having hitting the banded squats after the paused reps, but I'm sure it'll pay dividends come meet day.

BE SURE to get in some serious extra Rumble Rolling on every possible lower muscle to speed up healing.

Nice work!

Ill be camping out on my Roller today, haha... As well as some Conditioning... Pretty big Deadlft day on Friday...

Polk17
08-09-12, 10:13 pm
Thursday 8/9/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell w/ Kiko...

JS

preWO - RAGE, BCAAs, & Kreaklyn

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH (Paused)

Add Foam Roller
Bar x Many x 2
95 x 8
135 x 5
Remove Foam Roller
185 x 3
225 x 2,1
245 x 1

265 x 3 PR - All were pretty smooth...

235 x 7,4,3 (Rest Paused)
200 x 13,5,3 (Rest Paused) - Yes I know I bounced some, Bryant wanted me to go as far as possible, so you can tell some I am keeping form real tight, others I am just trying to move weight...

DIPS

BW x 10,10
BW+45 x 8,3,1 (Rest Paused)

ASSISTANCE (Direct Chest Work, Chins, Tris, Yoke, Calves, & Abs)

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, 2 Scoops Protein, & Chocolate Milk

A really solid Bench Day, good start to my cycle... Pullin' tomorrow w/ FiredUp in the place to be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqDm8KFX81Y&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
08-10-12, 12:20 am
Bench looking skrong

Polk17
08-10-12, 8:26 am
The key to skrength is keeping your hamskrings skretched, most people don't realize that...

Altered Beast
08-10-12, 9:03 am
The key to skrength is keeping your hamskrings skretched, most people don't realize that...

Lol! I'd say the most important muscles in powerlifting are the hips and upper back. I'm talking about for all 3 lifts.

Polk17
08-10-12, 9:13 am
Lol! I'd say the most important muscles in powerlifting are the hips and upper back. I'm talking about for all 3 lifts.

Those two and heart... But the exchange between him and I is an inside joke...

Nix0r
08-10-12, 9:44 am
girth

Polk17
08-10-12, 10:06 am
girth

You know...

Altered Beast
08-10-12, 10:14 am
girth

LOL! That's never a problem for us bigmen :)

You know...

Y'all are too much!

Polk17
08-10-12, 11:49 pm
LOL! That's never a problem for us bigmen :)

Y'all are too much!

Well, ya...

Polk17
08-10-12, 11:56 pm
Friday 8/10/12 - Pull

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, FiredUp in the muhfuckin' house...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SPEED SQUATS

Bar x a lot x many
135 x 6 x 2
225 x 2 x 6

PULLS

135 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1

500 x 1 x 15 w/ 30 seconds rest - All were smooth, 15 felt better than 1...

SUMO STANCE DEAD SQUAT

455 x 1 x 4 - 1st time, like em...

BARBELL ROWS

185 x 6 x 3 - Strict

GHR

BW x 6 x 3

OTHER ASSISTANCE (Lots of Upper Back, Biceps, Yoke, Hams, Low Back, & Abs)

Lots of volume, Pulls felt really strong... Overall a solid end to a solid week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvDBy3qK8s&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
08-11-12, 8:20 pm
**Video From Yesterday**

Not sure what happened to video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlndr0m9pKE&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
08-12-12, 3:55 pm
Sunday 8/12/12 - Upper

Trained @ the D.A.C. w/ FiredUp...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

CG BENCH

Bar x Many x 2
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 1

Added Inzer Z Wraps
260 x 5 x 3 PRs - Not bad, form was pretty good until the last rep or two of the last set... Still have work to do...

PRESS

125 x 10 x 2

REVERSE GRIP INCLINE

165 x 10 x 3

PALMS OUT PUSHUPS

2 Minis x 12 x 3

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back, Yoke, & Abs)

Played Softball yesterday, so I didn't get as much rest as I needed from Friday, felt it a little bit... Either way the work was done, and I felt decent... Off Tomorrow, Squattin' Tuesday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guUDQEi1_E&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
08-13-12, 10:39 am
Obviously this isn't at your pimpin home gym!

Polk, don't make me fly to Florida and whip your chest bouncing ass into shape =)

Polk17
08-13-12, 10:54 am
Obviously this isn't at your pimpin home gym!

Polk, don't make me fly to Florida and whip your chest bouncing ass into shape =)

Nah, FiredUp lives about 45 minutes away, we usually train at his place Sunday AM & hit out Upper Assistance Day, then Squat Tuesday, & Pull Friday @ my spot... Leaving us to do our on thing on Thursday for Bench... It's nice to have a serious partner in a serious gym...

You're welcome anytime down here... Josh keeps pushing the weights on my CG Day, and I ask if it's too much bounce he says it looks how he wants it... If I were left to my own devices, I would probably lower the weight a bit and be really controlled at the bottom, but I pay for his services, and he Benched 620 Raw @ 242 I believe, and he knows a hell of a lot more than me... I think he is using it as a way to overload the Tri's and get me used to handling and moving heavier weights for higher volume... I do a pretty good job until the last rep or two, then I have to use a little english to finish off the set, I'd rather bounce a bit than miss the weight, especially when it is more of a Tricep move, which means I get more work on lockout... The Reverse Grip Inclines are a different story, that is a shit show, I haven't done an Incline BB Press in probably a year, and the Rev. Grip makes it hard to stay tight, lotta work to do there...

Good thing is I feel really strong, tight, & confident on my main Bench day, have no form problems, and can sink and pause all my reps, which to me is all that matters...

Altered Beast
08-13-12, 11:06 am
Sounds good!

Remember, we've got to keep each other in line! Just having some fun with ya =)

Polk17
08-13-12, 11:39 am
Sounds good!

Remember, we've got to keep each other in line! Just having some fun with ya =)

It's all good, I got thick skin... I see what you see, but I do as Josh says...

Polk17
08-14-12, 6:55 pm
Tuesday 8/14/12 - Fuck

Tweaked Hammy over weekend... Wasn't sure how Squatting would go, didn't go good... Got up to 405 and it was awkward, slow, and felt heavy... Made decision to shut it down, felt like smart thing to do because I am 10.5 weeks out and don't wanna exacerbate scenario... Really, really pissed about it, but I am sure I'll be OK, if it were major I wouldn't have been able to Squat 400 lbs... Hope to get better over next few, and be able to Pull Friday...

Altered Beast
08-15-12, 1:04 pm
Rumble Roller + Voltaren EmulGel = key to all pain removal and injury healing. Voodoo Floss Bands are also AMAZING for compression work.

Polk17
08-15-12, 1:52 pm
Rumble Roller + Voltaren EmulGel = key to all pain removal and injury healing. Voodoo Floss Bands are also AMAZING for compression work.

Thanks, the real answer is I have to make a choice, powerlifting for real, or softball... Pretty easy decision, but I can't be playing recreational sports, risking injury or lack of recovery from previous workouts...

Altered Beast
08-15-12, 2:14 pm
Thanks, the real answer is I have to make a choice, powerlifting for real, or softball... Pretty easy decision, but I can't be playing recreational sports, risking injury or lack of recovery from previous workouts...

Smart man! I couldn't figure out why you were playing softball....

Polk17
08-15-12, 2:17 pm
Smart man! I couldn't figure out why you were playing softball....

I love it and I'm really good at it... But with my job, I can't play at the level I'd want to (National Level, get paid, etc.) I'm just going to cut it loose...

Altered Beast
08-15-12, 2:58 pm
I have a feeling that once you and I both complete our first meet, we will be the most extreme and serious people around here! LOL!

Polk17
08-15-12, 3:21 pm
I have a feeling that once you and I both complete our first meet, we will be the most extreme and serious people around here! LOL!

Aside of my faith, career, and wife/family... PL is my most important thing... I love it...

But, I already beat you to it, I did a meet, last October... Decent total...

Altered Beast
08-15-12, 3:46 pm
Aside of my faith, career, and wife/family... PL is my most important thing... I love it...

But, I already beat you to it, I did a meet, last October... Decent total...

I like those priorities.

You dog! LOL!

Polk17
08-15-12, 4:28 pm
I like those priorities.

You dog! LOL!

I just realized the order, good thing wifey ain't on FORVM, that would be Faith, Family, Career, Total...

Polk17
08-16-12, 10:24 pm
Thursday 8/16/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell FiredUp & Keak The Sneak in the house...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH (Paused)

Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x Many x 2
95 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 4
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 3
245 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps

270 x 3 PR

245 x 6,4,2 (Rest Paused)
205 x 12,5,3 (Rest Paused)

DIPS

BW x 10
BW+50 x 6,3,2 (Rest Paused)

CHINS

BW x 8 x 6 Changing Grips

ASSISTANCE (Lats, Chest, Upper Back, Triceps, Calves, & Abs)

All in all a good day, still have some form issues to work out, but 270 moved really well... Leg is feeling pretty good, gonna try to Pull tomorrow, hope it lets me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eimLQE4U10&feature=youtu.be

GSant434
08-17-12, 9:20 am
Tough decision to make laying off the recreational fun for the competitive passion. Takes conviction to put one aside. Keep grinding out that injury.

Polk17
08-17-12, 9:47 am
Tough decision to make laying off the recreational fun for the competitive passion. Takes conviction to put one aside. Keep grinding out that injury.

Ya, can't say I love cutting things loose, and athletics will always be a passion... But I don't have the time to commit to that, and I never wanna miss a workout again... Worst feeling in the world...

Altered Beast
08-17-12, 11:49 am
You'll get there Polk! Stay focused, some things are too important to miss.

Polk17
08-17-12, 1:53 pm
You'll get there Polk! Stay focused, some things are too important to miss.

The work will never stop, I will get there and my goals now will be nothing but a speed bump...

Thanks for having my back...

Polk17
08-17-12, 9:59 pm
Friday 8/17/12 - Deadlift

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, rode Solo...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUATS

Bar x Many x 2
135 x 10,3

225 x 2 x 6

PULLS

135 x 6
225 x 4
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1

520 x 1 x 15 w/ 30ish Sec Rest (My set up takes a little time, and based on my Hammy I wasn't as strict as usual, but I doubt I went over 45 sec, and adhered pretty close to 30 Sec... These looked faster, and smoother than they felt... Hands are a little beat up, and Hammy/Hips weren't firing as well as I liked, but I still got em all in...

DEAD SQUAT FROM SUMO PULL STANCE

315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1

470 x 1 x 4 - Better than last week...

BB ROWS

190 x 6 x 3

GHR

4 Set

REVERSE HYPER

3 Sets

ASSISTANCE (Biceps, Yoke, Grip, Lots of Upper Back & Abs)

Not GREAT day, but solid... I think I was a little reticent w/ the Pulls based on the Hip, and that's not really my style... I am a VERY aggressive lifter, and when I don't have that explosive aggression, my lifts tend to suffer... But rightfully so, I don't want to be hurt, so I was more aware of my body, instead of just snatching shit... Either way, On To The Next...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNx0bvFCWM&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
08-18-12, 1:19 am
Seven Hundred dog

Polk17
08-18-12, 1:25 am
Seven Hundred dog

I might have gotten a bit carried away, maybe it was the blood loss, or the heat... Curt Schilling style dogggg...

FiredUp
08-18-12, 1:59 am
Curt Schilling style dogggg...

Is that fake bloooooodddd?

Polk17
08-18-12, 11:44 am
Is that fake bloooooodddd?

Ketchup, you caught me...

Polk17
08-19-12, 9:37 pm
Sunday 8/19/12 - Upper

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, Solo...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

CG BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
95 x 15
135 x 5
185 x 3
Remove Arch
225 x 2
245 x 1

265 x 4,4,3,2,1,1 PR (4) - I was supposed to do 3 x 5, but that wasn't in the cards today... So I did what I could, and then just did a few make up sets to make sure I could get my 15...

PRESS

135 x 10 x 2

REVERSE GRIP INCLINE

175 x 10 x 3

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back, Triceps, Yoke, & Abs)

pWO - BCAAS, Kreaklyn, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Waximaize...

Not what I was hoping for today... I knew after last week that whatever Josh put on the program on this day would be tough, because 260 x 5 was tough... Then I felt like SHIT today, so I knew it would be a challenge... I have been trying to do Josh's plan w/ Carb Backloading, and while I LOVE CBL, you just can't recover & prep from/for Josh's workouts without carbing up... I tried it last time and it didn't work out, thought I could do it this time, same issue... So I will go back to using the diet Josh prepared for me... After my Meet Prep I will be doing my own thing for a while, and will def. go back to CBL, but for now, I'm going to do what works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vw3dtD4XTc&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
08-21-12, 9:38 pm
Tuesday 8/21/12 - Squat

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell w/ Kiko...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 & Reverse Hypers)

SQUAT

Bar x Many x 3
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
Add Belt
365 x 1

415 x 3
460 x 3 PR - I did these w/ just Knee Sleeves on, and I feel like it moved better than 450 did two weeks ago with Wraps, a good sign, really happy to be able to Squat, after the pulled Hammy...

PAUSED SQUATS

365 x 3 x 8 - Fucking Volume

BANDED FREE SQUATS

300 + Doubled Minis x 2 x 4 - Fucking VOLUMEEEEE....

GHR

4 x 6

ASSISTANCE (Forearms, Yoke, Hams, Glutes, Hips, & Abs)

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, 2 Scoops Protein w/ Waximaize...

Solid day, got my work in, feel good moving forward...

Recovery Work & Conditioning Tomorrow, Benching Thursday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRwzIBMST2M&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
08-22-12, 10:21 am
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the volume! Nice work.

Polk17
08-22-12, 10:23 am
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the volume! Nice work.

Volume proxen for mental and physical strength...

Polk17
08-24-12, 10:51 am
Thursday 8/23/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell Keak The Sneak in the house...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH (Paused)

Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x Many x 2
95 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 4
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 3
245 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps

275 x 3 PR

250 x 6,3,2 (Rest Paused)
205 x 11,4,3 (Rest Paused)

DIPS

BW x 10
BW+55 x 5,1,1 (Rest Paused)

CHINS

BW x 8 x 6 Changing Grips

ASSISTANCE (Lats, Chest, Upper Back, Triceps, Calves, & Abs)

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, & 2 Scoops Protein...

Really long day at work, trained @ 9:00 PM, wasn't great, but got it in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ypvZo9O4Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Polk17
08-25-12, 11:54 pm
Saturday 8/25/12 - Pull

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, Solo...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

PULL

135 x 10
225 x 6
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
500 x 1

545 x 1 x 15 w/ 30 Sec Rest

DEAD SQUAT W/ SUMO STANCE

365 x 1

485 x 1 x 4

GHR

3 x 6

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Waximaize...

That's all I did... I coach College Baseball, and our players reported Thursday, so we had a REALLY busy day Friday, and today we had Community Service all day, and more shit @ night... Long day, I got this in, in @ 45 minutes...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxd7ykmYwDs[\video]

Polk17
08-29-12, 8:42 pm
Wednesday 8/29/12 - Deload Upper

JS

Trained @ Go Hard, Solo...

preWO - Low-Carb Monster

CG

Up to

155 x 5 x 2

REV GRIP INCLINE

3 Sets

PRESS

3 Sets

FACE PULLS

3 Sets

PALMS OUT PUSHUPS

3 Sets

ABS

3 Sets

pWO - Newcastles for dayyyyssss....

Gonna do entire Lower Deload tomorrow... Then Bench on Friday...

GSant434
08-30-12, 8:29 am
So how are you feeling going into workouts with the fall baseball commitments kicking in?

Polk17
08-30-12, 12:06 pm
So how are you feeling going into workouts with the fall baseball commitments kicking in?

To be honest, I don't really think about it... The only thing is timing, might start later... And I'll be in bed earlier as I'm up now @ 5:00... But as far as how I feel, there are a lot of ppl who are a lot stronger than me who work tougher jobs than Coaching Baseball...

Polk17
08-30-12, 9:35 pm
Thursday 8/30/12 - Squat Deload

preWO - No Carb Monster

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

Bar x Many x 3
135 x 5 x 2

245 x 3 x 3

PAUSED SQUATS

185 x 3 x 2

GHR

2 Sets

REVERSE LUNGES

2 Sets

ABS

5 Sets

pWO - 2 Scoops Protein

More Deloading tomorrow...

Polk17
08-31-12, 6:06 pm
Friday 8/31/12 - Bench Deload

JS

preWO - No Carb Monster

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH

Bar x 50
95 x 10
135 x 5

185 x 3 x 3

DIPS

2 Sets

FLYES

2 Sets

PULLOVERS

2 Sets

CHINS

3 Sets

ROLLING TRICEP EXTENSIONS

2 Sets

ABS

5 Sets

pWO - Newcastles for dayyyssss....

Pull Deload Tomorrow, Then it goes down...

Nix0r
08-31-12, 8:56 pm
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

Polk17
08-31-12, 9:06 pm
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys

8 Deep currently my ddddddduuuuuuudddddddeeee....

Nix0r
08-31-12, 9:16 pm
8 Deep currently my ddddddduuuuuuudddddddeeee....

4.7% ABV = minor leagues my maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I'm gonna catch you, but with big beers.

Polk17
08-31-12, 11:37 pm
4.7% ABV = minor leagues my maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I'm gonna catch you, but with big beers.

Show me these beers in January...

Polk17
09-02-12, 6:13 pm
Saturday 9/2/12 - Pull Deload

JS

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

PULL

135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 1

315 x 1 x 6

BARBELL ROWS

3 Sets

GHR

3 Sets

SHRUGS

3 Sets

STANDING BAND ROWS

3 Sets

CURLS

3 Sets

REAR DELT FLYS

3 Sets

ABS

3 Sets

OUT...

Polk17
09-03-12, 9:32 pm
Monday 9/3/12 - Bench

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH

Add Foam Roller
Bar x 50
95 x 15
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
265 x 1

285 x 2 - PR

255 x 6,4,3 Rest Paused
225 x 10,4,3 Rest Paused

WIDE GRIP PAUSED

200 x 6 x 2

CHINS

50 Reps

JM PRESS

145 x 8 x 5 - 1st time doing them, I think they were shitty...

ASSISTANCE (Chest, Triceps, Lats, & Abs)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops of Protein w/ Waximaize...

Squattin' Tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_4AqbwjyLo&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
09-03-12, 10:16 pm
Stroooooooooooooooooong

FiredUp
09-04-12, 2:24 am
No One Holding you back...

Polk17
09-04-12, 5:59 am
Stroooooooooooooooooong

Trying man...

No One Holding you back...

All my taxes reported...

Altered Beast
09-04-12, 9:50 am
Hooge!!!

Polk17
09-04-12, 10:35 am
Hooge!!!

Ya creepin up on 260... Too hooge...

Altered Beast
09-04-12, 11:45 am
Ya creepin up on 260... Too hooge...

No such thing!

Polk17
09-04-12, 12:05 pm
No such thing!

True... But goal is Elite @ 242, so I gotta be in cut range...

Polk17
09-04-12, 9:48 pm
Tuesday 9/4/12 - Squat

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUATS

Bar x 20
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
Added Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1

425 x 2
470 x 2 - Felt REALLY good warming up, got to my top set, and I had the bar in the wrong spot, a little too high, so it got a little forward on me... Was ugly and slower than I want, but I'll take 90% of my best single for a double with shitty form, and it was easy, just ugly...

PAUSED SQUATS

380 x 3 x 5 - Got bar placement down, and felt better...

BOX SQUATS PAUSE ON BOX @ INCH BELOW PARALLEL

330 x 2 x 4

GHR

BW x 4 x 8

ABS

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Waximaize...

Overall not a bad day, not great, but results are there, I know what I did wrong and we are moving forward... Set up was less than ideal, was rushed, no spot, no knee wrapper, Bench yesterday, and I prefer to Squat Heavy with a day off before... Plus I am getting used to this 5:00 AM wakeup... No excuses though... Go. Hard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNwEQid-2k&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-05-12, 8:51 am
Nice!

Be sure to push your neck back into the barbell when in the hole, it helps keep your chest up and upper back very tight. Don't look up, just mash your neck into the bar!

Polk17
09-05-12, 9:12 am
Nice!

Be sure to push your neck back into the barbell when in the hole, it helps keep your chest up and upper back very tight. Don't look up, just mash your neck into the bar!

Ya, it was just that one set, and when you don't get right from the unrack, you're fucked... All other sets were perfect... Just got to juiced up... Thx...

Polk17
09-06-12, 8:47 pm
Thursday 9/6/12 - Upper

Trained @ Go Hard w/ FiredUp, who smashed a Double w/ 96% of his best Pull...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

CG

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller
95 x 12
135 x 8
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 1
Added Doubled Minis
135 x 1

185 x 5,4,3,2,1

PRESS

145 x 6 x 2

DB BENCH w/ NEUTRAL GRIP

75 x 12,12
90 x 10

ASSISTANCE (Triceps, Upper Back, & Abs)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Waximaize

Solid days work, Bench felt good, set up is getting right... Feel strong... Max Reverse Band Pull tomorrow, gonna try to go big...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkbxyurl5o&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-07-12, 9:20 am
Nice! Go big! I personally love overload work, carries over very well!

Polk17
09-07-12, 12:02 pm
Nice! Go big! I personally love overload work, carries over very well!

Ya man, I can't wait...

Polk17
09-07-12, 9:14 pm
Friday 9/7/12 - Pull

Trained @ Go Hard Motherfucking Barbell w/ Johnny AppleWeed...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

Bar x Many x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 2 x 6

PULL

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
500 x 1
550 x 1
Added Reverse Avg. Band - About 135 off @ Bottom
600 x 1
650 x 1
700 x 1
750 x 1 - This was real tough to lockout, but a good solid Pull and definitely a Max... Really wanted to try 800, but gotta get stronger...

DEAD SQUATS FROM SUMO PULL STARTING POSITION

500 x 1 x 3

SPEED PULLS

405 x 2 x 6

BB ROWS

210 x 6 x 3 - Strict

ASSISTANCE (GHRs, Reverse Hypers, Biceps, Lats, Upper Back, Abs)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Solid day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVXY86ZBf4&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-08-12, 6:04 pm
Nice work!

Just remember, with reverse band pulling, you set the bands at 7 feet high MAX. If you put them on the top of the rack, you'll get too much assistance and won't benefit from the lift.

HOOGE!

Polk17
09-08-12, 6:22 pm
Nice work!

Just remember, with reverse band pulling, you set the bands at 7 feet high MAX. If you put them on the top of the rack, you'll get too much assistance and won't benefit from the lift.

HOOGE!

I am not real sure how I couldn't benefit from that haha, I was wrecked after, and am wrecked today.... It was the way Josh had me do it...

Altered Beast
09-09-12, 9:38 pm
I am not real sure how I couldn't benefit from that haha, I was wrecked after, and am wrecked today.... It was the way Josh had me do it...

Precisely the point! You don't want to stroke your ego and hurt yourself in the process! I'd say go for 3RM and 5RM lifts with that setup! Won't use as much weight and would get some SERIOUS volume PR's!

You'll still get the bounce out of the hole, it will be 100% you around the knee level and above. The is if you set it at 7 feet (typically the highest hole on the rack).

Very nice regardless!

Polk17
09-09-12, 9:54 pm
Precisely the point! You don't want to stroke your ego and hurt yourself in the process! I'd say go for 3RM and 5RM lifts with that setup! Won't use as much weight and would get some SERIOUS volume PR's!

You'll still get the bounce out of the hole, it will be 100% you around the knee level and above. The is if you set it at 7 feet (typically the highest hole on the rack).

Very nice regardless!

Thanks, ya I see you point... But I wasn't stroking my ego, had I been left to my own devices I wouldn't have programmed something like that... But I have Josh Bryant doing my programming, he programmed it, said to attach Avg. Bands to top of my rack, which he knows specifications of, and Pull a 1 RM... So that is exactly what I did... Not going to lie and tell you my ego isn't stroked a little, but in reality I wanted to pull 800 with that set up... He seems to think I got a shot to Pull 700 at the upcoming meet, I am a realist, and feel like 675 would be a REALLY good Pull... But he knows more about programming, and peaking than I do... So, we will see...

Polk17
09-09-12, 10:21 pm
Sunday 9/9/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell w/ J. Weed...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH

Add Foam Roller For Arch
Bar x 50
95 x 15
135 x 5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 3,1
Add Inzer Z Wraps
275 x 1,1

290 x 2 - PR, I didn't feel GREAT today, but I felt OK... Took a few more Warm Up Reps than usual, and got the main work in... I have no doubt I can do more than that for a Double, and I am sure I will next week...

260 x 5 - PR,3,2 (Rest Pause)
225 x 11 - PR,6,2 (Rest Pause)

WIDE GRIP PAUSED

205 x 6 x 2

CHINS

BW x @ 50 Reps

DICKS PRESS

95 x 12 x 5 - Not sure if I have this right, but I felt it in Tris big time...

ASSISTANCE (Lats, Upper Back, Chest, Triceps, & Abs)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs...

Solid start to the week, lots of PRs on the menu this week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqoEO44OzLo&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
09-11-12, 10:50 pm
Tuesday 9/11/12 - Squat

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

Texas Power Bar x Many x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Loose Inzer Z Wraps & Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1

430 x 2
480 x 2 - PR, Last training cycle on this week (Similar Set Up) I missed less weight than this for a double, so I after this PR, I should be on pace for a solid PR @ the meet...

PAUSED SQUATS

390 x 3 x 5

BOX SQUATS 1" BELOW PARALLEL

335 x 2 x 4

GHR

BW+5 x 6 x 4

ABS (Hanging Leg Raises & Band Resisted Leg Raises)

YOKE (Neck & Trap Work)

Solid day results wise... I feel really overtrained, joints hurt, weight feel heavy, I feel tired, & they are moving slower than I'd like, BUT, I am hiting my numbers, and I know it's pretty easy to recover from the overtraining, and generally when you do, look out... I think Josh is trying to wear me down, then allow me to recover, then peak... We shall see... I'll keep pushing, don't know nothing different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecua4ibbrsw&feature=youtu.be

GSant434
09-12-12, 5:17 pm
Tuesday 9/11/12 - Squat

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1

430 x 2
480 x 2 - PR, Last training cycle on this week (Similar Set Up) I missed less weight than this for a double, so I after this PR, I should be on pace for a solid PR @ the meet...

PAUSED SQUATS

390 x 3 x 5

335 x 2 x 4

GHR

BW+5 x 6 x 4

YOKE (Neck & Trap Work)

Solid day results wise... I feel really overtrained, joints hurt, weight feel heavy, I feel tired, & they are moving slower than I'd like, BUT, I am hiting my numbers, and I know it's pretty easy to recover from the overtraining, and generally when you do, look out... I think Josh is trying to wear me down, then allow me to recover, then peak... We shall see... I'll keep pushing, don't know nothing different...

The grind will pay off in the end. How long does it make this that you've been training under Josh?

Polk17
09-12-12, 5:59 pm
The grind will pay off in the end. How long does it make this that you've been training under Josh?

This cycle will make 6 Months... I've made huge changes... Unreal... Thanks man...

Altered Beast
09-13-12, 9:15 am
Polk, what's with all of the ....... ?

Polk17
09-13-12, 10:33 pm
Thursday 9/13/12 - Upper

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, FiredUp in the house...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

CG

Add Foam Roller For Arch
Bar x 50,20
135 x 5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
135 + Doubled Minis x 2
185 + Doubled Minis x 1

205 + Doubled Minis x 5,4,3,2,1 - The moved well...

PRESS

95 x 5
135 x 3

155 x 6 x 2 - PR, I think, Whatever...

DUMBBELL BENCH (Palms Facing)

90s x 10 x 3

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back, Triceps, & Yoke Work)

Felt good today, looking forward to Pullin' tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZlUUP_Ezc&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
09-13-12, 11:19 pm
Wow, look at that lat spread

Polk17
09-14-12, 7:58 am
Wow, look at that lat spread

Wingmaster...

J-Dawg
09-14-12, 9:03 am
Tuesday 9/11/12 - Squat

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1

430 x 2

PAUSED SQUATS

390 x 3 x 5

335 x 2 x 4

GHR

BW+5 x 6 x 4

YOKE (Neck & Trap Work)

Sick work P. Way to go on those squat PRs. The overtraining principle is interesting esp. if you're hitting PRs when you feel overtrained. Imagine when you're fresher going in...

Nix0r
09-14-12, 9:19 am
I see you're rockin' the Dellafave headband. Nice touch.

Polk17
09-14-12, 9:56 am
Sick work P. Way to go on those squat PRs. The overtraining principle is interesting esp. if you're hitting PRs when you feel overtrained. Imagine when you're fresher going in...

That's the idea, I feel beat up... But like you said, it's easy to get fresh and I hope when I do it all comes together...

I see you're rockin' the Dellafave headband. Nice touch.

I've been rocking those since '99... Necessity, sooo hot in there...

Altered Beast
09-14-12, 11:26 am
PR'S!!!!!! YES! That is HOOGE in my book.

Polk17
09-14-12, 12:03 pm
PR'S!!!!!! YES! That is HOOGE in my book.

Yessir, you know the drill...

Polk17
09-14-12, 10:58 pm
Friday 9/14/12 - Deadlift

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUATS

Bar x Many x 2
135 x 5 x 2

225 x 2 x 6

PULLS

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 1
Add Belt
455 x 1
Add Straps
495 x 1
545 x 1

585 x 2
Removed Straps, cause I suck with them...
585 x 2 x 2 - Solid work, have some Tendonitis in my left (Under) Bicep down by Elbow, not trying to injure that Bicep 7 weeks out. So I tried Straps, I hate them, got pissed, took them off. Then smoked two more Doubles.

DEAD SQUAT (Sumo Pull Stance)

510 x 1 x 3

SPEED PULLS (Straps)

455 x 2 x 6 - Can do Straps with lighter weights.

BB ROWS

215 x 6 x 3

GHR

BW+5 x 6 x 3

REVERSE HYPERS

60 x 6 x 3

ASSISTANCE (Biceps, Upper Back, Lats, Traps, Yoke, Abs)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Solid day, solid week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_h7uXYSSRs&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-17-12, 1:30 pm
NO STRAPS!!!!!

Be sure to Rumble Roll the area of your anterior delt down to your bicepital pain area all the way down than back up. It's going to hurt like hell, but focus on the pain spots and work them out.

Personally, I even do this 2-3 times a week to keep the inflammation down. I can recommend this because I too have had horrendous tennis elbow/tendonitis pain or whatever its called these days.

Polk17
09-17-12, 8:54 pm
NO STRAPS!!!!!

Be sure to Rumble Roll the area of your anterior delt down to your bicepital pain area all the way down than back up. It's going to hurt like hell, but focus on the pain spots and work them out.

Personally, I even do this 2-3 times a week to keep the inflammation down. I can recommend this because I too have had horrendous tennis elbow/tendonitis pain or whatever its called these days.

I HATE Straps, dispise them, because I get some rebound when I Pull, and the Straps don't allow that, plus it puts me in an odd spot... But, you gotta do what you gotta do to get your training in and remain healthy... So I tried to do that, but it didn't move like I wanted it to, so I got pissed...

And ya, I'm gonna go to work on that bicep tendon... See how it feels..

Polk17
09-17-12, 10:06 pm
Monday 9/17/12 - Squat

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell, Keek The Sneak in the house...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 w/ some KStarr stuff)

SQUAT

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1
Added Belt
365 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps
405 x 1

435 x 2
490 x 2 - PR, this felt and moved better than 480 last week... Felt really good...

PAUSED SQUATS

400 x 3 x 4

350 x 2 x 2

GHR

BW+10 x 6 x 4

ABS

Really solid start to week, Benchin' tomorrow...

Have video, uploading as we speak, will have it up tomorrow...

Polk17
09-18-12, 7:51 am
**Video from yesterday's Squat**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_nvU8IL5pM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Polk17
09-19-12, 9:37 pm
Tuesday 9/18/12 - Bench

Trained @ Panther Gym, Solo...

JS

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

iWO - A7

BENCH

Bar x 50,10
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2,2
275 x 1

295 x 1 - Was supposed to be 2, but missed 2nd rep...

265 x 5,4,3 (Rest Pause)
235 x 6,5,4 (Rest Pause)

CHINS

BW x 50 Reps

ASSISTANCE (Chest, Upper Back, Tris, Lats, & Abs)

Awful Workout... Bicep Tendon is really pissed off and inflamed, and it was very painful to Bench... Plus the Bench was too low, so it was almost impossible to get leg drive, just an awful day... I will take 295 x 2 again on Friday before doing my CG work... No video, too pissed...

Altered Beast
09-20-12, 9:51 am
This stuff happens from time to time unfortunately!

Work that bicep tendon area with your Extra Firm Rumble Roller! Go up to the anterior delt and work back down to the pain spot and even roll the pain spot/area further. Follow that with some ice and look up "Voltaren Emu Gel" online and order some! Unfrickinbelievable how well that stuff works. Apply to the area 4 times a day for the first few days that 3 times a day until the pain is completely gone.

*It's always a good idea to bench with elbow sleeves to protect and keep those tendons warm/loose. You will not get any rebound from them, just some solid protection/support.

Polk17
09-20-12, 11:18 pm

Work that bicep tendon area with your Extra Firm Rumble Roller! Go up to the anterior delt and work back down to the pain spot and even roll the pain spot/area further. Follow that with some ice and look up "Voltaren Emu Gel" online and order some! Unfrickinbelievable how well that stuff works. Apply to the area 4 times a day for the first few days that 3 times a day until the pain is completely gone.

*It's always a good idea to bench with elbow sleeves to protect and keep those tendons warm/loose. You will not get any rebound from them, just some solid protection/support.

Thanks for the Rolling tip, I did that... Hurts, so good... But it is painful...

Polk17
09-20-12, 11:23 pm
Thursday 9/20/12 - Deadlift

Trained @ Go Hard w/ FiredUp...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 + KStarrs Stuff)

SQUAT

Bar x Many x 2
135 x 5
225 x 2 x 6

PULL

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
365 x 1
425 x 1
Add Belt
475 x 1
515 x 1
565 x 1

605 x 2 x 2 - Smooth, no pain in Bicep...

SUMO DEAD SQUAT

515 x 1 x 3

SPEED PULLS

470 x 2 x 6 - Fast

BB ROWS

225 x 6 x 32

GHR

3 Sets

REVERSE HYPERS

3 Sets

ASSISTANCE (Lats, Biceps, Upper Back, Hips, Hams, Glutes, & Abs)

Good solid day, confidence is high, need the Deload...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD60H6XcEkw&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
09-21-12, 10:53 am
Thanks for the Rolling tip, I did that... Hurts, so good... But it is painful...

Glad to here it! It will do wonders for you. Perform it everyday followed by some icing until the pain subsides during lifting.

GSant434
09-21-12, 10:55 am

Because it begs the question, where the hell did you get turned on to Voltaren Emu Gel?

Altered Beast
09-21-12, 10:58 am
Because it begs the question, where the hell did you get turned on to Voltaren Emu Gel?

A trainer at my gym told me about it along with Biofreeze (numbs the pain while lifting). He gets it from his Chiropractor.

It is the most wonderful stuff in existence!

Polk17
09-21-12, 11:06 am
Glad to here it! It will do wonders for you. Perform it everyday followed by some icing until the pain subsides during lifting.

I got some tightness today, some aching, nothing too bad... Probably going to throw Biofreeze on pre and get real loose, also keep it compressed... Be really happy if I can get a good solid session in today...

Solid Dreams
09-21-12, 11:48 am
You are a big beefy dude. Hope you stay injury-free, working too hard to get injured this close!

Polk17
09-21-12, 5:25 pm
You are a big beefy dude. Hope you stay injury-free, working too hard to get injured this close!

Thanks man, yesterday was the last rough one... Cruise on in now...

Polk17
09-24-12, 8:01 pm
Friday 9/24/12 - Upper

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH

Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 50,20
95 x 5,5
135 x 3
185 x 2
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 2
255 x 1
275 x 1

295 x 1 x 2 - Wanted to Double it, but it wasn't there... I know had I tried it on my Bench on Tuesday I would have got it, but I did it on a lower Bench, and had no leg drive... Felt slow today...

CLOSE GRIP

135 + Doubled Minis x 3
185 + Doubled Minis x 2

210 + Doubled Minis x 3,2,2,2,1,1,1 - Was supposed to do this for 5,4,3,2, & 1, which makes sense, as I did 205 x that last week easy... Missed rep 4 on first set, which let me know I was really beat up... So I just tried to get the most out of my day...

PRESS

160 x 2 - Was supposed to do 6, twice... Missed 3rd rep, rrrooouuuggghhhh day, so stripped it and did...

135 x 8 x 2

DB BENCH

100s x 6 x 2

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back & Triceps)

Awful day, but I know I can handle the weight... 295 is a 20 lb meet PR, and I got it on my worst day no problem, twice, with no handoff... So I am set up for a huge PR in 5 weeks... Talked to Josh, and the plan is to Deload this week, then really lower volume, while staying locked in, recover from the overtraining, and have a great meet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwuUNVE_OA

Altered Beast
09-25-12, 11:33 am
YEAH BUDDY! Can't wait to see how you do!

PLEASE have someone film your meet lifts!

Polk17
09-25-12, 11:50 am
YEAH BUDDY! Can't wait to see how you do!

PLEASE have someone film your meet lifts!

Oh ya man, wifey and partner... Gotta get it right... When are you doing yours?

Altered Beast
09-25-12, 12:23 pm
Oh ya man, wifey and partner... Gotta get it right... When are you doing yours?

I've got the APF and SPF Texas Chairs to contact me immediately once they set a date! Nothing in the immediate, I'll need ample time to put together my own programming.

GSant434
09-25-12, 12:43 pm
Polk how big is the roller your using to set the arch?

Polk17
09-25-12, 9:21 pm
I've got the APF and SPF Texas Chairs to contact me immediately once they set a date! Nothing in the immediate, I'll need ample time to put together my own programming.

Nice...

Polk how big is the roller your using to set the arch?

It's a regular Roller with some give... I tried a PVC Roller, arch isn't goof enough...

Polk17
09-27-12, 8:52 am
**Last Few**

Deloaded at Go Hard both days...

Monday 9/24/12 - Squat

preWO - Coffee

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 w/ KSTarrs Stuff)

SQUAT

Worked up to 300 for some Triples

PAUSED SQUATS

245 for some Triples

ASSISTANCE (Light Glutes, Hams, Hips, & Abs)

Wednesday 9/26/12 - Bench

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 w/ KStarrs Stuff)

BENCH

Worked up to 205 for some Triples

ASSISTANCE (Light Chest, Back, Triceps, & Abs)

Chiro and Deadlift today...

Polk17
09-27-12, 8:29 pm
Thursday 9/27/12 - Deadlift

Deload

preWO - Lo Carb Monster

iWO - A7

SQUAT

Bar x a lot x 2
135 x 5 x 2

225 x 2 x 6 - Played around with hand position on the bar here, to find a spot where I can take some pressure off my Bicep Tendon, pleasantly surprised...

PULLS

135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 2

405 x 1 x 6 - Did this in probably 4 minutes, 1 song... 3 without Belt, 3 with...

ASSISTANCE (Lats, Low Back, Glutes, Hips, Hams, Biceps, Upper Back, & Abs)

CONDITIONING (Prowler - Caddies on each Horn x 6 40 Yard Trips)

CG Tommorrow...

Polk17
09-28-12, 8:03 am
Friday 9/28/12 - Upper

Trained @ Panther Gym, w/ my pitching staff...

Deload

preWO - Coffee

DYNAMIC WARMUP

CG

Bar x 50,10
95 x 5
135 x 5

165 x 5 x 2

STANDING 1-ARM DB PRESS

50 x 6 x 2

GS

FACE PULLS & BAND PRESSDOWNS

Off next two, then beginning last 4 weeks leading to meet...

Today issssss.... One. Month. Out.

Nix0r
09-28-12, 9:15 am
Here. We. Go.

Altered Beast
09-28-12, 10:56 am
Hoooooooooooogeness!

Polk17
09-28-12, 11:39 am
Here. We. Go.

Yesssir...

Hoooooooooooogeness!

Ya man, 253 in am, should be easy cut to 242...

Nix0r
09-28-12, 11:42 am
Ya man, 253 in am, should be easy cut to 242...

You've got 10lbs on me. I might have to step up my deep dish intake...

Polk17
09-28-12, 12:20 pm
You've got 10lbs on me. I might have to step up my deep dish intake...

I'll help in January...

Polk17
10-01-12, 10:09 pm
Monday 10/1/12 - Squat

Trained @ Go Hard w/ Keak The Sneak...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

SQUAT

Added Rehbands
Bar x a lot x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
Added Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1
Added Inzer Z Wraps
455 x 1

510 x 1 - This is within 15 lbs of my 2nd, I'd guess my 2nd somewhere in the 520 Range...

PAUSED SQUATS

365 x 3 x 3 - Josh had 420 for these wrote up, but TBH I just wasn't feeling it, and I can't bring myself to hurt myself this close to a meet with an Assistance Move, especially when I am not feeling the move... No disrespect, but I wouldn't have done it if Ed Coan told me to and called depth...

SQUAT WALKOUT

585 x 1 - 10 seconds

ASSISTANCE (GHRs & Abs)

Solid day, moved the weights, and felt strong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKeyo7h16Jk&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
10-02-12, 12:28 pm
Training smart, I like that.

Polk17
10-02-12, 1:21 pm
Training smart, I like that.

Got no choice 3 weeks out...

GUNZ
10-02-12, 2:02 pm
Nice work man, keep it up. Just a possible sugestion when benching, try to pull your legs back furthur (far as possoible). Only because on most your heavy singels your ass is coming off the bench, yes you def want to use leg drive but only if your ass stays down. Pull feet back furthur and ass won't come up, just trying to give good advice. Either way, solid work and keep pushing to reach your goals.

Friday 9/24/12 - Upper

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8)

BENCH

Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 50,20
95 x 5,5
135 x 3
185 x 2
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 2
255 x 1
275 x 1

295 x 1 x 2 - Wanted to Double it, but it wasn't there... I know had I tried it on my Bench on Tuesday I would have got it, but I did it on a lower Bench, and had no leg drive... Felt slow today...

CLOSE GRIP

135 + Doubled Minis x 3
185 + Doubled Minis x 2

210 + Doubled Minis x 3,2,2,2,1,1,1 - Was supposed to do this for 5,4,3,2, & 1, which makes sense, as I did 205 x that last week easy... Missed rep 4 on first set, which let me know I was really beat up... So I just tried to get the most out of my day...

PRESS

160 x 2 - Was supposed to do 6, twice... Missed 3rd rep, rrrooouuuggghhhh day, so stripped it and did...

135 x 8 x 2

DB BENCH

100s x 6 x 2

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back & Triceps)

Awful day, but I know I can handle the weight... 295 is a 20 lb meet PR, and I got it on my worst day no problem, twice, with no handoff... So I am set up for a huge PR in 5 weeks... Talked to Josh, and the plan is to Deload this week, then really lower volume, while staying locked in, recover from the overtraining, and have a great meet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwuUNVE_OA

Polk17
10-02-12, 5:30 pm
Nice work man, keep it up. Just a possible sugestion when benching, try to pull your legs back furthur (far as possoible). Only because on most your heavy singels your ass is coming off the bench, yes you def want to use leg drive but only if your ass stays down. Pull feet back furthur and ass won't come up, just trying to give good advice. Either way, solid work and keep pushing to reach your goals.

Thanks man, I appreciate it... I am getting ready to Bench, and I will try that out... I just feel like I get no Leg Drive...

Polk17
10-02-12, 9:50 pm
Tuesday 10/2/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard w/ Kiko...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 & a lot of Mobility Stuff for Shoulders & Elbows)

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 10
135 x 8,5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
185 x 2
225 x 1
255 x 1

280 x 1
305 x 1 - Made some adjustments here, per Gunz504, brought feet back, really focused on arch, felt really, really good...

225 + 55 lbs Chain x 3 x 3 - First time using Chains, like them, better than Bands...

WIDE GRIP PAUSED

225 x 6 x 2

CHINS

BW x 50 Reps w/ a Myriad of Grips

ASSISTANCE (Chest, Lats, Triceps, Neck, Shoulders, & Abs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvbgQM3WjVA&feature=youtu.be

GUNZ
10-02-12, 11:56 pm
Tuesday 10/2/12 - Bench

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 & a lot of Mobility Stuff for Shoulders & Elbows)

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 10
135 x 8,5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
185 x 2
225 x 1
255 x 1

280 x 1
305 x 1 - Made some adjustments here, per Gunz504, brought feet back, really focused on arch, felt really, really good...

225 + 55 lbs Chain x 3 x 3 - First time using Chains, like them, better than Bands...

WIDE GRIP PAUSED

225 x 6 x 2

CHINS

BW x 50 Reps w/ a Myriad of Grips

ASSISTANCE (Chest, Lats, Triceps, Neck, Shoulders, & Abs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvbgQM3WjVA&feature=youtu.be

Hey, just took a look at the vid. Good adjustment on bringing the legs back further and also arch looked good!! Ass stayed down on all sets, keep working the arch and pulling legs back. Its will only get better from here on. Nice work.

Polk17
10-04-12, 11:15 pm
Hey, just took a look at the vid. Good adjustment on bringing the legs back further and also arch looked good!! Ass stayed down on all sets, keep working the arch and pulling legs back. Its will only get better from here on. Nice work.

Thanks again man...

Polk17
10-04-12, 11:20 pm
Thursday 10/4/12 - Pull

Trained @ Go Hard Barbell w/ FiredUp...

JS

iWO - A7

DYNAMIC WARMUP (Agile 8 w/ KStarr's Stuff)

SQUAT

Bar x a lot x 2
135 x 5

225 x 2 x 6

PULLS

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 1

630 x 1 - Was smooth, got a little squirrly at the top, but it moved, this'll probably be about a 2nd...

LIGHTENING DEADS

405+@ 80 lb Chains x 2 x 4 - Your are supposed do have 2 spotters, do a rep w/ Chains, set down, Deload Chains then quickly do rep two... Didn't work that way... But got it in...

ROWS

235 x 5 x 3

GHR

BW+25 x 6 x 3

REVERSE HYPERS

3 Sets

ABS

Solid day, Upper Tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdevC_PPMIU&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
10-05-12, 12:22 am
I got 3 flat on that shuttle time...

Altered Beast
10-05-12, 9:28 am
Very nice pulling!

Polk17
10-05-12, 11:13 am
I got 3 flat on that shuttle time...

I've already got a call from the Jets & Seahawks...

Very nice pulling!

Thx brah...

Polk17
10-05-12, 9:30 pm
Friday 10/5/12 - Upper

JS

iWO - A7

CG

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 10
Bar+Doubled Minis x 7
95+Doubled Minis x 5
135+Doubled Minis x 3
185+Doubled Minis x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps

210+Doubled Minis x 5,4,3,2,` - These were good, the 5 set I hit the catch rack on the 4th rep, and grinded it, and then next one out... Like a boss...

PRESS

95 x 5
135 x 2
160 x 6 x 2

DB BENCH

100s x 6 x 3 - Palms facing in

ASSISTANCE (Upper Back, Triceps, Yoke)

CONDITIONING (Prowler)

Solid days work, starting to feel better... Openers next week, only training three days, and minimal Assistance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyvQd3tE1Y&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
10-08-12, 9:33 pm
Monday 10/8/12 - Squat

JS

iWO - BCAAs

SQUAT

Bar x Many x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
385 x 1
425 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps

480 x 1 - Opener - Wasn't as fast as I want, but it wasn't meet day... Come meet day it'll be butter...

PAUSED SQUATS

375 x 3,4 - Only was supposed to do 3s, but really dialed in form on 2nd set, and I just came up...

GHR

2 Sets

ABS

CONDITIONING (Prowler)

OK day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4UlMRB6vUY&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
10-09-12, 10:04 pm
Tuesday 10/9/12 - Bench

Trained @ Go Hard w/ Kiko

JS

iWO - A7

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 5
135 x 5 x 2
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
185 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps
225 x 1
265 x 1
Add Belt

290 x 1 - Openerish

BENCH

240+50 lb Chains x 2 x 3

WIDE GRIP

230 x 6

ABS

Decent day, the Openers are flying like I'd like, but I am lifting with no emotion, just getting work in... Come meet day they will look like an empty bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glkBJMDcZsU&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
10-10-12, 10:29 am
Gettin' all up in dat arrrrrrrrrrrrrch...

Polk17
10-10-12, 11:28 am
Gettin' all up in dat arrrrrrrrrrrrrch...

Finally have an arch, now I need a bench...

Nix0r
10-10-12, 12:07 pm
January.

Polk17
10-10-12, 12:22 pm
January.

Beers and Deep Dish...

Polk17
10-11-12, 11:03 pm
October 11th - Pull

Trained @ Go Hard w/ FiredUp...

JS

iWO - A7

SQUAT

Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5

225 x 2 x 6

PULL

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1

615 x 1 - This is close to my opener, and was really good... Last heavy Pull...

LIGHTENING DEADLIFTS

425+50 lb Chains x 2 x 4 - Do one rep with Chains, then Pull for 2nd Rep... Like them...

ROWS

245 x 5 x 2

ASSISTANCE (GHRs, Rev. Hypers, Shrugs, Yoke, & Abs)

Solid days work, Upper tomorrow, then coast in...

You might know the guy in the vid, we critique each others training, he asked if I'd make his vids... Then he kills me on my own shit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BT7LD0aHSo&feature=youtu.be

GSant434
10-11-12, 11:16 pm
Jesus Christ opening with 615? Large weight sir, large weight. I see you're pulling with the Bi sleeved. How's that thing holding up?

And good to see his D'ness murdering shit.

Polk17
10-12-12, 7:04 am
Jesus Christ opening with 615? Large weight sir, large weight. I see you're pulling with the Bi sleeved. How's that thing holding up?

And good to see his D'ness murdering shit.

Ya man, probably 600 for the Opener... And I can Pull that for a triple, so it's a solid Opener... That's just a Rehband knee sleeve, and it keeps it warm... I don't really feel it when I Pull, but just to be safe you know...

And ya bro, he's still a savage...

Polk17
10-12-12, 10:13 pm
Friday 10/12/12 - Upper

JS

iWO - A7

CG

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 5
135 x 5
Bar+Doubled Minis x 3
135+Doubled Minis x 2
185+Doubled Minis x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps

225+Doubled Minis x 2 x 3 - 2nd reps were hard, but it was good work...

PRESS

135 x 5 x 2

DB BENCH

100s x 8 x 2

FACE PULLS

4 Sets

ABS

CONDITIONING (Prowler)

Solid day, which was a solid end to a solid training cycle... Next week will be minimal, then Deload/Peak into meet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNjVhzYdhzs&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
10-13-12, 12:41 am
Was that Spanish?

Polk17
10-13-12, 7:25 am
Was that Spanish?

Call me Hov or Jefe...

Polk17
10-15-12, 9:52 am
**Update**

So this is basically the home stretch. Going to be doing basic Deload this week with Stretching/Mobility & Light Cardio daily. Cutting a little calories this week as I won't need them without the heavy training. Weight is 254 in AM so cut will be doable. I'll start water/sodium load next Monday, weigh in at 242 on Saturday AM then try to eat my way to between 255-60 before we lift, should be fun. Goal is 1,550, a solid 200 lb PR.

Altered Beast
10-15-12, 12:04 pm
Can't wait to see how you do!

Polk17
10-15-12, 12:08 pm
Can't wait to see how you do!

Me too... Can't wait til next cycle...

Polk17
10-17-12, 9:02 pm
**Last Two**

Tuesday 10/16/12 - Bench

JS

preWO - Lo-Carb Monster & Kreaklyn

iWO - BCAAs

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 10
135 x 5 x 2
Remove Foam Roller

185 x 5 x 2

WIDE GRIP PAUSED

155 x 6 x 2

CG

155 x 3 x 3

ABS

Wednesday 10/17/12 - Lower

JS

preWO - Lo-Carb Monster & Kreaklyn

iWO - BCAAs

SQUAT

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5 x 2
225 x 4
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps
405 x 1

PULL

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 1
Add Belt
455 x 1
500 x 1

SQUATS

275 x 3

PAUSED SQUATS

225 x 3 x 2

PULLS

350 x 1 x 5 - w/ about 15 sec. rest

GHR

1 x 20

ROWS

A Few

ABS

Decided to Pull & Squat a little heavier than originally thought, glad I did, honed form in good, and feel really good... I didn't want to either heavyish inside of 10 days, so just knocked it out today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhuoMRsU6D0&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
10-17-12, 9:53 pm
Seems fitting that the meet is on Polk Avenue...

Polk17
10-18-12, 5:55 am
Seems fitting that the meet is on Polk Avenue...

Haha, yesssssss... I wish you could be a part of the meet madness... Meet director, wears baseball cleats indoors, zero fucks given...

Altered Beast
10-18-12, 8:34 am
Polk on Polk. That is both awesome and a good omen!

Polk17
10-18-12, 10:04 am
Polk on Polk. That is both awesome and a good omen!

Lets hope, planning on a big day...

Polk17
10-18-12, 8:49 pm
Thursday 10/18/12 - Upper

JS

preWO - Coffee

CG

Up to 155 x 5 x 2

1-ARM DB PRESS

40 x 5 x 2

DB BENCH

45s x 8 x 2

FACE PULLS

2 Sets

That'll do it, 9 days out...

Altered Beast
10-19-12, 9:44 am
Hooooooooooooooooge!

Polk17
10-19-12, 8:30 pm
Hopefully I can come in huge and right at 241.9999999.... Haha

Polk17
10-24-12, 10:31 pm
Tuesday 10/23/12 - All

preWO - Coffee

I am in the middle of my Water/Sodium load, so I am knocking down 3 gallons a day right now, no carbing, and high sodiuming... Fun... But weight is down, and I am on track...

SQUAT

Worked up to

225 x 1 x 5

BENCH

Worked up to

185 x 1 x 5

PULL

Worked up to

275 x 1 x 5

pWO - 2 Scoops Protein

Work is done... Time to relax, stay fresh, then get at it...

Polk17
10-24-12, 10:34 pm
Wednesday 10/24/12

3 Gallons water, no carbs...

BW in AM 251, 10 to go...

Stretched some, rolled some, rested...

See what weight is tomorrow, then adjust accodingly, will continue to stay loose...

Will be tapering water and sodium, and cutting both Friday... Weigh in is 7:30 AM Saturday, then I carb up... Get ready for Sunday....

GSant434
10-25-12, 5:57 pm
Wednesday 10/24/12

3 Gallons water, no carbs...

BW in AM 251, 10 to go...

Stretched some, rolled some, rested...

See what weight is tomorrow, then adjust accodingly, will continue to stay loose...

Will be tapering water and sodium, and cutting both Friday... Weigh in is 7:30 AM Saturday, then I carb up... Get ready for Sunday....

Christ almightly 3 gallons of water a day? I piss like a madman with only 1.5, I can't imagine that much.

FiredUp
10-25-12, 6:43 pm
Will be tapering water and sodium, and cutting both Friday..

Agh Taper.

Polk17
10-25-12, 9:06 pm
Christ almightly 3 gallons of water a day? I piss like a madman with only 1.5, I can't imagine that much.

Sucks man, but gotta cut...

Agh Taper.

Golden Corrall

Polk17
10-26-12, 7:15 pm
**Update**

Today was basically fast, and water cut... Sucks, but I was busy so it was OK... Ate dry Non-Seasoned Chicken twice, and have had about 30 oz. Water... Cut water at 4:30... Weight is at 247, so I have to get down 5 more tomorrow... Might have to get up early to get in a Hot Bath/Sauna, but whatever... Gotta do what you gotta do...

GSant434
10-27-12, 12:27 am
**Update**

Today was basically fast, and water cut... Sucks, but I was busy so it was OK... Ate dry Non-Seasoned Chicken twice, and have had about 30 oz. Water... Cut water at 4:30... Weight is at 247, so I have to get down 5 more tomorrow... Might have to get up early to get in a Hot Bath/Sauna, but whatever... Gotta do what you gotta do...

5 pounds should be be well within your reach brother. You've fought hard for for what's coming. I have not doubts your gonna crush shit. Best of luck.

Polk17
10-27-12, 9:10 am
5 pounds should be be well within your reach brother. You've fought hard for for what's coming. I have not doubts your gonna crush shit. Best of luck.

Thx bro, can't wait...

Polk17
10-27-12, 9:13 am
**Update**

Woke up 244, hot bath, walk with garbage bag and sweatsuit on, and hot shower... Drove hour to weigh in, 242 on dot, drove hour home, 248 when I got back...

Hope to get to 260... More updates to come...

Nix0r
10-27-12, 12:02 pm
Let's goooooooooooooooo

Polk17
10-28-12, 8:35 pm
**Meet Update**

Weighed in Saturday @ 7 AM, 242. Was back up to 255 before bed. Felt like my sinuses were acting up when I went to bed, took some meds and slept good. Woke up and realized it wasn't sinues, but the onset of a cold or the flu, as I was really stopped up and had a fever. Whatever, on to the meet.

Felt OK when I started warming up. RAGED up, did my Dynamic Warmup and got to it.

SQUATS

W/ Rehbands
Bar x 10
135 x 6
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
Added Inzer Z Wraps
405 x 1
455 x 1 - Felt OK

Opener

485 - Moved it, but this was the first sign of trouble, this is a weight I have Doubled fairly easily, and stuck half way up but finished it.
2nd Attempt
525 - Got to stick point, and missed. Bar rolled a little bit and pitched me forward, which is my fault, and should not have happened. This was a weight I thought would go pretty smooth, as 510 in training 3 weeks ago was smooth. Refocused for 3rd

3rd Attempt
525 - Got bar in a better spot, grinded it out. Still not as fast as I expected, pretty much story of my day.

BENCH

Bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 2
225 x 2
Add Belt & Inzer Z Wraps
255 x 1

Opener
285 - Screwed up at the beginning, don't know what I thought I needed a start command, but whatever. Moved it, but not well.

2nd Attempt
305 - Smooth, and better than Opener. Didn't want to take this as a 2nd, wanted to go straight to 315, but after the first one I didn't feel comfortable.

3rd Attempt
315 - Got 2 inches off chest and came back down. Awful. Might could have had it on 2nd, but just wasn't there. Had kind of hit a wall.

PULLS

RAGED up again

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1

Opener
605 - This moved, but not well, AT ALL. I have killed this for a double in training, and it was just not good. Lockout was shitty.

2nd & 3rd Attempt

645 - Missed both, have moved this in training. Just was done. No juice.

Total - 1,435

PR on Squat, Tied on Bench, and missed a weight I've moved in training on Pull. I have learned some things. I won't be cutting weight But w, unless I am going to compete for legitimate title, and its just a few pounds. I also need to do a better job leading up. I took it WAY too easy these last few weeks, because I was beat up, and I did not feel comfortable. It is whatever, I had, in my opinion, an AWFUL day and still walked away with a 85 lb Total PR. I thought I had a shot @ 1550, and thought 1500 was a minimum. Very humbling, and I am very hungry. You are supposed to learn from your mistakes, and I have. It would be easy for me to blame it on my fever and such, but it was self-created, I haven't dealt with stress in my personal life very well, and that coupled with the cut, came back to bite me in my ass.

I guess my next meet, I'll just have to get right, and put like 90 more on my total.

I have video, I'll upload tomorrow.

GSant434
10-28-12, 8:51 pm
**Meet Update**

Weighed in Saturday @ 7 AM, 242. Was back up to 255 before bed. Felt like my sinuses were acting up when I went to bed, took some meds and slept good. Woke up and realized it wasn't sinues, but the onset of a cold or the flu, as I was really stopped up and had a fever. Whatever, on to the meet.

Felt OK when I started warming up. RAGED up, did my Dynamic Warmup and got to it.

SQUATS

W/ Rehbands
Bar x 10
135 x 6
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
Added Inzer Z Wraps
405 x 1
455 x 1 - Felt OK

Opener

485 - Moved it, but this was the first sign of trouble, this is a weight I have Doubled fairly easily, and stuck half way up but finished it.
2nd Attempt
525 - Got to stick point, and missed. Bar rolled a little bit and pitched me forward, which is my fault, and should not have happened. This was a weight I thought would go pretty smooth, as 510 in training 3 weeks ago was smooth. Refocused for 3rd

3rd Attempt
525 - Got bar in a better spot, grinded it out. Still not as fast as I expected, pretty much story of my day.

BENCH

Bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 2
225 x 2
Add Belt & Inzer Z Wraps
255 x 1

Opener
285 - Screwed up at the beginning, don't know what I thought I needed a start command, but whatever. Moved it, but not well.

2nd Attempt
305 - Smooth, and better than Opener. Didn't want to take this as a 2nd, wanted to go straight to 315, but after the first one I didn't feel comfortable.

3rd Attempt
315 - Got 2 inches off chest and came back down. Awful. Might could have had it on 2nd, but just wasn't there. Had kind of hit a wall.

PULLS

RAGED up again

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1

Opener
605 - This moved, but not well, AT ALL. I have killed this for a double in training, and it was just not good. Lockout was shitty.

2nd & 3rd Attempt

645 - Missed both, have moved this in training. Just was done. No juice.

Total - 1,435

PR on Squat, Tied on Bench, and missed a weight I've moved in training on Pull. I have learned some things. I won't be cutting weight But w, unless I am going to compete for legitimate title, and its just a few pounds. I also need to do a better job leading up. I took it WAY too easy these last few weeks, because I was beat up, and I did not feel comfortable. It is whatever, I had, in my opinion, an AWFUL day and still walked away with a 85 lb Total PR. I thought I had a shot @ 1550, and thought 1500 was a minimum. Very humbling, and I am very hungry. You are supposed to learn from your mistakes, and I have. It would be easy for me to blame it on my fever and such, but it was self-created, I haven't dealt with stress in my personal life very well, and that coupled with the cut, came back to bite me in my ass.

I guess my next meet, I'll just have to get right, and put like 90 more on my total.

I have video, I'll upload tomorrow.

Remember that part of the journey is what you learn along the way. Do you definitely feel it was the cut that brought on the illness, or just being run down from pushing so hard? Scary to think you managed an 85pr feeling less than stellar. I think that's reason enough to believe there's even more left to crush in the future. As an athlete, you remember that feeling of coming up short. And because you know that feeling you know it's enough to drive you even further next time out. Well fought for what you earned today friend and I know you're done yet.

Polk17
10-28-12, 9:06 pm
Remember that part of the journey is what you learn along the way. Do you definitely feel it was the cut that brought on the illness, or just being run down from pushing so hard? Scary to think you managed an 85pr feeling less than stellar. I think that's reason enough to believe there's even more left to crush in the future. As an athlete, you remember that feeling of coming up short. And because you know that feeling you know it's enough to drive you even further next time out. Well fought for what you earned today friend and I know you're done yet.

Thx man... I think it was a combination, the cut, the external stressors (job and otherwise), and being run down. Then you couple the illness with a poor job of peaking (this was my fault, I told Bryant what I wanted to do these last few) and I had a bad day. I personally couldn't have seen today going worse, other than bombing. But at the end of the day, I will have a 1,800+ total, and today was just another day. In two years my PRs today will be warmup weight, so no reason to get upset.

Thx for being in my corner brother.

J Wong
10-28-12, 9:35 pm
But at the end of the day, I will have a 1,800+ total, and today was just another day. In two years my PRs today will be warmup weight, so no reason to get upset.

Great attitude to have there. Good job, although it wasn't up to par with your expectations. We all have off days.

BigChrisF
10-29-12, 12:16 am
You made it through the meet and picked up a couple PR's along the way. That makes a good meet and anything else would have just been extra gravy. Now you have more experience for next time.

Polk17
10-29-12, 10:02 am
Great attitude to have there. Good job, although it wasn't up to par with your expectations. We all have off days.

Thx man, gotta look at the big picture. I'm looking to gain strength, just doing meets for fun, for experience. I'm no where near where I want to be.

You made it through the meet and picked up a couple PR's along the way. That makes a good meet and anything else would have just been extra gravy. Now you have more experience for next time.

You got it, I'm hungrier than ever after a little adversity.

Big Wides
10-29-12, 10:53 am
Congrats on the meet and the results Polk. The experience is the best thing and it leaves you hungry for more. Keep up the spirit and get ready for the next one

Nix0r
10-29-12, 11:14 am
Two months until we work on that benchhhhhh

Polk17
10-29-12, 7:24 pm
Congrats on the meet and the results Polk. The experience is the best thing and it leaves you hungry for more. Keep up the spirit and get ready for the next one

Ya man, I agree. It was humbling, and I learned from it. I need to get back to the roots of my training. I killed myself in the gym, enjoying it, but not LOVING it. I am going to go back to LOVING my training. In doing so, I will believe in it, and it will work.

Two months until we work on that benchhhhhh

Yesssssssss, that and lots of beers and some pizza.

Altered Beast
10-30-12, 8:50 am
Not a bad day for having a cold! PR's with a cold?!?!?! I'd chalk that up as a win!

It has been said the last two weeks leading up to a meet can make or brake you mentally. You'll learn from this and hit 3 PR's across the board next time!

Polk17
10-31-12, 7:30 pm
Not a bad day for having a cold! PR's with a cold?!?!?! I'd chalk that up as a win!

It has been said the last two weeks leading up to a meet can make or brake you mentally. You'll learn from this and hit 3 PR's across the board next time!

Ya man, I'll take the PRs. I am stronger than I showed, but like I said, in a few years these will be DE Weights. Thanks though brah.

Polk17
10-31-12, 7:31 pm
**Video from Meet**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwETBBCRgfk&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-01-12, 10:32 pm
**Plans Moving Forward**

I am going to be changing some things moving forward, with my training and diet. I am going back to CBL, as I love it, and I feel great on it. Also, adding regular Conditioning back in as I feel MUCH better when I do this regularly. I have gotten stronger, but at the expense of my looks, conditioning, and how I feel. I enjoyed the Josh Strength stuff, but not as much as I did when I did my own programming. I will be doing something that is basically the Cube Template (Brandon Lilly), but with some changes. Basically, I drew up a WestSide type plan a few months ago, and it was similar to the Cube, then he started promoting it, I got in, and I want to make some changes to it, with some things I know will work. So I guess you can call it Cube with 5/3/1 & JoshStrength influences. I looked at premise of the Cube, and the volume was so low, coming of JoshStrength, I don't think I'll be able to handle it, and I won't enjoy it. So I added some volume, some extra shit, and will play the rest by ear. I will not be Deloading unless absolutely necessary, and will condition daily. My goal is to stay healthy and fresh, tighten up my form, gain explosiveness and size, get better at straining, get in better shape, and just be more awesome. I have a lot of weak points that will be addressed, and I am really looking forward to it. The goal is to compete again in early summer, and to total in the Low-Mid 1500s. I KNOW that I am stronger than I showed this weekend, but due to some external stressors, and the flu I wasn't able to show it. That will change, but I love training TOO much to jump into another meet.

Any questions, shoot em at me.

Polk17
11-04-12, 4:48 pm
**Add to Above**

Add to some of the influences, a little bit of Sheiko (Squat, almost daily) and some LRB (Paul Carter, Lift-Run-Bang, High Rep Assistance).

Also, to add some thoughts. I spent all day yesterday watching the Backyard Meet of the Century at Supertraining Gym in Sacremento, California, put on by Mark Bell. There are some things that stuck out to me. I watched Dan Green miss 20 lbs under his best gym Squat, miss his best gym Bench, & Pull 60 lbs less than he has in gym (All recent). I watched Stan Efferding miss a weight twice that he hit in the gym. Watched George Leeman do the same, Urbank same, Rubish same, and Eric Spoto, who has SMOKED 705 in the gym, and go in and miss 716 3 times. DO NOT get me wrong, I have the UPMOST respect for all of these guys, and hope to one day be able to do what they are able to do on their worst day on my best. But to me, their approach is not something I want to do. For one I want my best lifts to come ON THE PLATFORM, in a meet setting. This meet is probably the biggest stage a Raw lifter will be on, maybe not for a World, but the most watched, most bragging rights, and for Spoto, most cash. Everyone of these guys underperformed in my opinion. This has left me with a few thoughts. 1. No one gives a shit about what you lift on YouTube, if you cannot at least duplicate, if not, do more on the platform when it counts. 2. Some of these lifters Pulled under what they are capable of (Eric Lilliebridge, Green, Rubish), and I did recently also, and this happened to me because I wasn't in the shape I should be to be strong at that point. For me, my Pull is BY FAR my biggest lift, so if I am spent when the bar hits the floor, my Total will suffer greatly.

So, moving forward, I will not miss in the gym, I won't be taking 10s on RPE scale or 100% true maxes. Will I take Heavy Singles, hell ya, but not going to risk missing, or going to true maxes. This will help me in a few areas. 1. I will be super confident, because the weights will be moving faster. 2. I will not go into the meet feeling like I may miss a weight I have hit in the gym (This happened at my last meet). 3. I will be so fucking pumped to see the maxes I have BUILT (More on this in a second), that I will have GREAT meets. Now down the road, when I am much closer to my Strength Ceiling, and hopefully am competing on the National level, that might change, or it may not. I am in this game to get stronger, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. Meets will be where I display that, if that means I am competitive and win those, good for me. Back to building strength, the main point I am making, is in the gym everything I will do boils down to building strength, not testing (True Maxes). Does that mean I won't hit 1 RM PRs, fuck no, but there will be some in the tank when I do so. Next, I will work on being in more shape. I will do Cardio, daily, as well as cut down my rest periods. My first meet, my body felt GREAT when the bar hit the floor, and I smoked a 25 lb PR. This time around, I felt like death and missed a weight I have moved in the gym (I didn't hit, because my hand ripped, but no doubt I pulled it), and just was really disappointed. So I will combat that, I have no desire to be a slob anyways, so I won't be.

I was REALLY impressed by Brandon Lilly. He showed up, this was a HUGE stage, others could not answer the bell, he hit large PRs in every lift. He also did this, 1 week off another meet. He hit his best lifts on the platform, where it counts, and did not leave them in the gym. Mad respect for that. This further justified my choice to base the bulk off my template off of the Cube. Hope some of this made sense to people, I am not bashing these people, everyone has off days, but for once in my life, I am going to try to learn from others as opposed to being required to make my own mistakes.

Polk17
11-04-12, 4:56 pm
Week 1, Day 1

Sunday 11/4/12 - Bodybuilding

Trained at Go Hard Barbell, Solo

iWO - A7

FRONT SQUATS

Bar x 15
95 x 10
135 x 10

185 x 10 x 3 - Not heavy, but I need to get in shape. Did these Beltless.

PRESS

Bar x 10
95 x 10

115 x 12
135 x 8 x 2 - Not bad, but a little beat.

CG Bench

Bar x 5
135 x 5

185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5 x 3 - Not bad.

CHINS

50 Reps

SIDE LATERAL/FRONT RAISE

3 Sets

KROC ROWS

75 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 20

ABS

6 Sets

PROWLER

6 x 25s x 40 yards (My surface is really tough, this is comparable to the 45s on each side) - Followed this w/ 12 minute walk.

pWO - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Not a bad day, a little out of shape, and a little weak. The weakness is from the lack of Carbs, as I have been doing my No Carb Phase for CBL. Going to Carb up tonight for my Pulls tomorrow.

RE Pulls tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn0VgHq0nrg&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
11-04-12, 5:47 pm
Looks like a solid plan.

Also, I merged your posts, and pulled out the broken link.

Polk17
11-04-12, 6:37 pm
Looks like a solid plan.

Also, I merged your posts, and pulled out the broken link.

Thanks man, I hate when it looks sloppy in here. Feels good to be back training, and enjoying it. Being in charge, good shit.

Polk17
11-05-12, 11:04 pm
Week 1, Day 2

Sunday 11/5/12 - RE Deadlift

Trained at Go Hard Barbell, Solo

iWO - A7

SSB SQUATS

Bar x 10
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 2 x 3

PULLS

135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 1
Added Belt
455 x 1
500 x 1

445 x 3 x 5 - Felt good, moved fast.

4'' BLOCK PULLS

475 x 3 x 3 - Haven't done a lot of Rack/Block Pulls in a long time, it was very awkward, but I moved it well. My lockout wasn't great at the meet, so I can definitely use the work.

SSB OLYMPIC SQUATS (Weight listed is as if regular barbell, i.e. 45 lbs, I think SSB weighs 62, but no one gives a shit about your SSB Max)

185 x 8
225 x 8 x 2 - First time doing these, I am not good at Oly Squats, nor SSB. So I was conservative, felt good, definitely pitched me forward, and I really feel they will help.

GHR

3 Sets

REVERSE HYPERS

3 Sets

HYPERS

50 Reps

ACCESSORY/PREHAB (Barbell Curls, Band Pullaparts, & Neck Harness Work) - Moved fast with this.

ABS (Band Resisted Leg Raises & Standing Band Abs)

Banged Conditioning, was too late and I got some in at practice. Felt good today, going to continue getting a little Upper Back & Neck work in daily, along with specific prehab stuff. Just do a few sets, push the reps, and not spend a lot of time or energy on them. Off tomorrow.

ME Bench Wednesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKX6STtT5oQ&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-07-12, 10:00 pm
Week 1, Day 3

Sunday 11/7/12 - ME Bench

Trained at Go Hard Barbell w/ Keek The Sneak

iWO - A7

FLOOR PRESS

Bar x 50,10
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 1
265 x 1 - PR
275 x 1 - PR

290 x 1 - PR

175 (60%) x 15 x 2

PRESS

115 x 12 x 3

DIPS

50 Reps

CHINS

Between all above sets, for @ 50 Reps

LAT PULLDOWNS

2 Monster Minis x 15 x 3

DB SHRUGS

65 x 15 x 3 - Held all reps for a count

BAND PRESSDOWNS

Avg. Band x 100 Reps

ABS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FuwkVJEV0&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-09-12, 11:45 pm
Week1, Day 4

Sunday 11/9/12 - DE Squat

Trained at Go Hard Barbell w/ FiredUp

iWO - A7

SQUATS

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 3
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1 - Over Warm up

Working Sets

315 x 3 x 6

Add Reverse Average Band

365 x 2 x 3

OLYMPIC SQUATS

275 x 5 x 2
315 x 5 x 2
335 x 5

FRONT SQUATS

3 x 15

REVERSE HYPERS

3 x 12

DB SWINGS

3 x 15

ABS (Hanging Leg Raises & Standing Band Abs)

6 Sets

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, 2 Scoops of Protein, & Chocolate Milk

Solid day, going to get some Olympic Squat Shoes, for sure. Wore them for Olympic Squats today, HUGE difference. Followed the WO with a large Pizza and a quarter of another Pizza, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and some Yuenglings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYcnv9ljUw4&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-11-12, 7:07 pm
Week 2, Day 1

Sunday 11/11/12 - Bodybuilding

Trained @ DAC w/ FiredUp

Pre - RAGE, BCAAs, & Kreaklyn

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

LEG PRESS

Worked up in 15s, then did

3 x 12-20

PRESS

Bar x 10
95 x 5

115 x 12
135 x 10,10

CLOSE GRIP

135 x 5

185 x 5
225 x 5 x 2
Add SlingShot
275 x 5 x 2

KROC ROWS

60 x 15
100 x 15,20

LATERAL/FRONT RAISES

3 Set

TRICEP PRESSDOWNS

3 Sets

FACE PULLS

3 Sets

ABS

5 Sets

CONDITIONING (10 Sprints)

Post - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, a Scoop of Protein, & Chocolate Milk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj5ypEDFFnA

Nix0r
11-11-12, 9:06 pm
Gotta make that video unlisted, and not private, bud.

Polk17
11-12-12, 9:10 am
Gotta make that video unlisted, and not private, bud.

Done.

FiredUp
11-12-12, 11:52 am
Hip thrusters look good

smith06
11-12-12, 10:46 pm
I heard Cube, chocolate chip cookies, and yeungling... SUBBED!!

Polk17
11-12-12, 10:59 pm
Hip thrusters look good

Ya, but can you Run It, Run It?

I heard Cube, chocolate chip cookies, and yeungling... SUBBED!!

Yesssss... All of the above, weekly...

Polk17
11-12-12, 11:48 pm
Week 2, Day 2

Monday 11/12/12 - Speed Pull

Pre - BCAAs, Kreaklyn, & RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SPEED PULLS

135 x 8
135+Monster Mini Shorts x 5
185+Monster Mini Shorts x 5
225+Monster Mini Shorts x 2

285+Monster Mini Shorts x 1 x 10 - Probably 30 Seconds Rest in between
315+Monster Mini Shorts x 1 x 2 - 15 Seconds Rest
Added Belt
365+Monster Mini Shorts x 1 x 2 - 15 Seconds Rest, still fast.

4" BLOCK PULLS WITH SNATCH GRIP

285 x 20 - 1 Set, was a bitch, lit me up from Hams through Traps

SSB CLOSE STANCE SQUATS

205 x 8
240 x 8
270 x 8

BARBELL SHRUGS

255 x 12 x 3 - Held each rep and squeezed hard

LAT PULL DOWNS

4 x 15

BACK RAISES

60 Reps

Post - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, a Scoop of Protein, & Chocolate Milk

Had to bug out, going to do some more Pre-Hab stuff tomorrow, missed my Abs & some more shit.

Video will be posted tomorrow...

Polk17
11-13-12, 9:01 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1lQdg-QrjY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Polk17
11-13-12, 7:28 pm
Week 2, Extra

Tuesday 11/13/12 - Extra

Trained @ Go Hard, Solo

Pre - Coffee

DYNAMIC WARMUP

GHR

3 x 10

POUNDSTONE CURLS

Bar x 60

ABS

Benching tomorrow

Polk17
11-14-12, 10:07 pm
Week 2, Day 3

Monday 11/14/12 - Bench Reps

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

INCLINE BENCH

Bar x 50,10
95 x 8 x 2
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1 - PR, I know...

225 x 3 x 5 Sets - PRs - I haven't done much Incline Barbell, so 225 was 40 over what I'd ever done going into today, the weights moved, ass wanted to come up, but the point was to move the weight on a rep day.

INCLINE DB

60 x 20 x 2 Sets

CG BENCH

145 x 12 x 3 - This is obviously a light weight, but the Triceps were so fried at this point it was difficult, I am really out of shape with Reps, which is to be expected, haven't done over 5 in 28 weeks.

BAND FLIES

3 Sets

CHINS

50+ Reps, Did in between all Pressing Sets above, rotated grips.

BAND PRESSDOWNS

100 Reps w/ Avg. Band

ABS (Hanging Leg Raises, Sit Ups, & Planks)

ACCESSORY (Upper Back - Pullaparts & Neck - Harness Work)

Post - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, Protein, & Chocolate Milk

This was the exact Workout Lilly drew up in the Cube, I planned on doing some Dips, because I bought a station and I like to get my $s worth, I had NO SHOT of banging out Dips, I was smoked.

Solid day, was smoked after. Currently crushing $15+ of McDs... Get. Your. Weight. UP.

Off tomorrow, Prehab, and Chiro. ME Squat Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTioaKaoC5w&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
11-15-12, 9:06 am
Are you following the Cube System as well?

Polk17
11-15-12, 12:25 pm
Are you following the Cube System as well?

Ya, Ive added some stuff, but yes.

Polk17
11-16-12, 10:55 pm
Week 2, Day 4

Monday 11/14/12 - Bench Reps

Trained @ Go Hard, w/ FiredUp...

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SQUATS

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 8 x 2
225 x 5,3
275 x 2
315 x 2
Add Belt
365 x 2

Worksets

405 x 2
435 x 2
455 x 1
Add Inzer Z Wraps
475 x 1
405 x 4
Jump Set
435 x 4 - PR - the last 405 set was last programmed set, it is recommeded to do 1-2 Jump Sets after the main shit. Same Rep Range, with a weight you crush.

SSB GMS

135 x 8 x 3 - These were rough, Low Back was beat, and this smoked Upper Back also.

FRONT SQUATS

115 x 15 x 2
135 x 15 - These are programmed as Leg Press, I don't have access to one, so I do these and focus just on the muscle not strength. Just trying to get some Quad work.

HYPERS

60 Reps

GHR

2 x 15

REVERSE HYPERS

3 x 12

ACCESSORY & PREHAB (Neck Harness Work, Band Pullaparts, & 1-Leg Squats)

pWO - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & Protein w/ Carbs

Good day, can definitely tell I've done a lot of work in wraps. Some of my strength at the bottom has gone away. Also, not as aggressive as I should be with heavier weight, but it makes sense as I haven't used it much lately. The 405 x 4, and 435 x 4 sets felt really strong. I know I had 6 with 435, and probably 7. Off tomorrow, Bodybuilding Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5WF1XE44Q&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-18-12, 5:28 pm
Week 3, Day 1

Monday 11/18/12 - Bodybuilding

Trained @ DAC, w/ FiredUp...

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

LEG PRESS

1 PPS x 20
2 PPS x 20
3 PPS x 20 x 3

PRESS

Bar x 10
65 x 10
95 x 8

135 x 8 x 3

CG

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 2
Add Slingshot & Inzer Z Wraps
275 x 5
295 x 5
Competition Grip
305 x 3 - Groove was fucked up in SS after CG work, felt like the Slingshot was making it harder.

CHINS

50 Reps

ACCESSORY (Lat Pulldown, Face Pulls, & Side/Front Lateral Superset)

ABS (Hanging Leg Raises & Obliques)

Post - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Took it a bit easer on the Lower Body & Back, as I have ME Pull tomorrow. Pushed it a bit on the Upper, good solid day. Max 4" Block Pull tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMj-QWDqLM&feature=youtu.be

Nix0r
11-19-12, 2:53 pm
Bodybuilding? Yessssss

Altered Beast
11-19-12, 3:40 pm
Bodybuilding? Yessssss

LOL!

Polk17
11-19-12, 6:06 pm
Bodybuilding? Yessssss

LOL!

Accessory, Weakpoint, Assistance, whatever, lol. Can never hurt to have big, strong: Shoulders, Tris, Back, Quads, & Abs.

Polk17
11-19-12, 10:33 pm
Week 3, Day 2

Monday 11/19/12 - Max Pulls

Trained @ Go Hard, w/ Keek The Sneak

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SSB SQUATS

6 Doubles - Get these Hips right...

4" BLOCK PULLS

Conventional

135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 2 - 1 Conventional, 1 Sumo
315 x 2 - 1 Conventional, 1 Sumo
365 x 2 - 1 Conventional, 1 Sumo
405 x 2 - 1 Conventional, 1 Sumo
455 x 1
495 x 1
565 x 1 - 100 lb PR for Conventional
605 x 1 - Sumo
625 x 1 - PR - Sumo

Probably had a bit more in me strength wise Conventional, but body wasn't liking it, so I stopped while ahead, then yanked a few more Sumo. I am not a good Conventional Puller, it is just a REALLY awkward position for me.

SUMO RDL

225 x 6
275 x 6

315 x 6 x 3 - All Double Overhand to work on grip.

DB ROWS

100 x 15 x 3

DB SHRUGS

55 x 20 x 2 - 3 Second hold at top

GHR

BW+25 x 6 x 2 - Dropped 25 on last set and did BW x 6

RHP

3 Sets

ACCESSORY (Upper Back - Pullaparts & Neck - Harness)

ABS (Up & Down Planks)

CONDITIONING (Prowler - 10 Trips, Short Rest)

The plan called for a Max Conventional 4" Block Pull, and to not miss. Since I only worked up to @ 90% of my best Sumo, I figured I'd make two jumps. 630 is the most I have ever Pulled, and 625 was easy money. Solid day, feel strong. Pre-Hab tomorrow with some Conditioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4MTHm-F1w&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-22-12, 3:41 pm
Week 3, Day 3

Monday 11/22/12 - Speed Bench

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller
Bar x 8
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 3
Remove Foam Roller
225 x 2
255 x 1
275 x 1 - Did these because I haven't done Regular Grip Flat Bench since the meet, so I did an Over Warmup (as I usually do) on Flat, then went to Floor Press which was programmed...

SPEED FLOOR PRESS

215 x 5 x 5 - All done with inside grip

Jump Sets

225 x 5
225+Chains x 5

INCLINE DB BENCH

65 x 15
70 x 15
75 x 15

DIPS

3 x 12

DB STANDING MILITARY PRESS

50 x 8 x 3

CHINS

50 Reps

BAND PRESSDOWNS

100 Reps w/ Avg. Band

ACCESSORY & PREHAB (Band Pullaparts, Band Flies, & Neck Harness Work)

ABS (Hanging Leg Raises & Sit-Ups, light because I am Squatting tomorrow, will push Ab work tomorrow)

Good days work, looking forward to Squatting tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ABn7yd5FE&feature=youtu.be

T o m m Y
11-22-12, 3:56 pm
looking good bro..
im actually starting cube training on monday..
im finding my maxes this week..
how you like it so far? looks like a solid program..

Polk17
11-22-12, 4:27 pm
looking good bro..
im actually starting cube training on monday..
im finding my maxes this week..
how you like it so far? looks like a solid program..

Hey man, long time. I really like it. It's a solid program, make sure you take 15 lbs off your maxes. Also, I do my work based on Prilepins Table so I add some volume from time to time, and always do a few Jump Sets after the main work. Good luck.

T o m m Y
11-22-12, 4:38 pm
Hey man, long time. I really like it. It's a solid program, make sure you take 15 lbs off your maxes. Also, I do my work based on Prilepins Table so I add some volume from time to time, and always do a few Jump Sets after the main work. Good luck.

you add in extra work after the main sets of the cube training?

Polk17
11-22-12, 4:58 pm
you add in extra work after the main sets of the cube training?

Yes. Jump up in weight with same reps. But you must hit.

T o m m Y
11-22-12, 5:04 pm
Yes. Jump up in weight with same reps. But you must hit.

Gotcha. sounds like a good plan if i feel i need more volume..

Polk17
11-24-12, 4:21 pm
Week 3, Day 4

Friday 11/23/12 - Rep Squat

Trained @ Go Hard, w/ FiredUp...

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SQUATS

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 8 x 2
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
Add Belt
365 x 1

Work Sets
385 x 3 x 5 Sets

Jump Sets
Add Inzer Z Wraps

385+60 lb Chains x 3 x 2 Sets - First time ever Squatting against chains, definitely like it. One reason I really like the Cube, get the main work in, then the Jump Sets are all gravy, if you feel like going for broke, do it. If you feel like adding Band Tension, go for it. Chains, sure. Don't feel like lifting anymore, thats good too. Today was chains.

WIDE STANCE SSB GMS

135 x 8 x 3 Sets

LUNGES

40 x 15 x 3 Sets - First time doing Lunges in YEARS.

OLY SQUATS

135 x 50 Reps - Didn't rack til the 50 was done. Not fun, Low Back was on fire, lungs were fried after about 25. Tried to video but it took like 4 minutes. Quads are as sore today as ever.

GHR

3 Sets

ACCESSORY & PREHAB (1-Leg Squats, Neck Harness, & Band Pullaparts)

ABS (Ab Rollers, Hanging Knee Raises, & Standing Band Abs)

Post - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops of Protein w/ Carbs

I have noted some Weaknesses, Abs being the biggest, as well as Quads. Going to push the Front Squats, and really raise the intensity and focus on my Abs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvA47KPM-w&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
11-24-12, 4:23 pm
Week 3, Extra

Saturday 11/24/12 - Conditioning/Prehab

Pre - Zero Carb Monster

CONDITIONING (Prowler x 10 Sprints of 40 Yards w/ 100 Added)

Lots of Stretching, Rolling, & Drinking.

Bodybuilding tomorrow

Polk17
11-25-12, 6:53 pm
Week 4, Day 1

Sunday 11/25/12 - Bodybuilding

Trained @ DAC, w/ FiredUp...

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

FRONT SQUATS

Bar x 10 x 2 Sets
95 x 8 x 2 Sets
135 x 5

185 x 5
205 x 5 x 2 Sets
225 x 5 x 2 Sets

PRESS

135 x 10 x 3 Sets

CG

135 x 5
185 x 5

225 x 5 x 2 Sets
Add Slingshot
275 x 4 - Didn't wear wraps, and my wrist is fucked up.
295 x 5
315 x 5 - PR, yes I know my ass came up, but I want to feel and move the weight. This Bench is not Competition Height, on my Bench my ass rarely comes up.

ACCESSORY (Upper Back & Shoulders)

ABS (6 Sets Heavy)

Solid days work. Finally think my body is used to the Backloading, felt really strong and explosive. I think I am going to get rid of my Adidas Oly Shoes and get some Rogues. I used the Rogues today and the difference is unreal, much more support, and I stay much more upright. The Bench was really good, being that 315 w/ a wide grip was a shaky PR (and missed at my recent meet), and I banged it for 5 today with a very close grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5wUoEjXw-I&feature=youtu.be

FiredUp
11-25-12, 11:47 pm
His face, it's just so red...

Polk17
11-26-12, 1:23 pm
His face, it's just so red...

The way it just swells up, it's amazing.

Polk17
11-27-12, 11:38 pm
Week 4, Day 1

Tuesday 11/27/12 - Rep Pulls

Trained @ Go Hard, w/ Kiko...

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SSB SQUATS

Bar x 10
135 x 5
185 x 2 x 6 Sets - Get these Hips right...

PULLS

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 1
Add Belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1 - Over Warmup

Work Sets

505 x 3 x 2 Sets

Jump Sets

525 x 3
555 x 3 - PR - These felt good, all were smooth and fast

2" SNATCH GRIP BLOCK PULL

345 x 10 x 3 Sets - These SMOKE the whole backside of your body.

SSB OLY SQUATS

185 x 10 x 4 Sets

GHR

4 x 10

BACK RAISES

50 Reps

ACCESSORY (Some Upper Back and Neck Work)

Post - Creatine, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Great days work, Max 2-Board tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UMa1qh0EDk&feature=youtu.be

J Wong
11-27-12, 11:41 pm
I may have missed it...when is the next meet?

Polk17
11-28-12, 7:47 am
I may have missed it...when is the next meet?

The last one didn't go quite as planned, not bad, just was sick and missed some weights I should have hit. I'm planning on maybe May. You?

Polk17
11-29-12, 8:34 pm
Week 4, Day 3

Wednesday 11/28/12 - Max Bench

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

BENCH

Add Foam Roller for Arch

Bar x 50,10
95 x 5 x 2 Sets
135 x 5
Remove Foam Roller
135 x 5
Add 2-Board
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 3
300 x 3

Top Sets

315 x 2 x 2 Sets - Was going to do a Triple, misgrooved the 2nd rep of the 1st set, and missed the 3rd rep, so I took another, cleaner double.

CG

Add 3-Board

225 x 14,12,12 - Triceps, Dead...

STANDING DB MILITARY

55 x 10 x 4 Sets

CHINS

50 Reps

BAND PUSHDOWNS

4 x 15 - Adding Resistance, Last two sets were Avg. & Monster Mini Bands

BAND LAT PULLDOWNS

3 x 15

BB SHRUGS

245 x 15 x 4 Sets

ABS

CONDITIONING (10 Trips w/ Prowler, Light)

Post - Creatine Mono, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Solid day, felt nice to move 3 wheels, Squatting Thursday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzacnAmrno&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
12-03-12, 8:20 am
Week 4, Day 4

Thursday 11/30/12 - Speed Squat

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SQUATS

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2
135 x 8 x 2
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
Add Belt
365 x 2

Work Sets
405 x 2 x 5 Sets
Add Reverse Bands
455 x 2 x 3 Sets
Remove Bands
405 x 2 x 2 Sets

PAUSED OLY SQUATS

225 x 5
Add Belt
275 x 5 x 2 Sets
315 x 5 x 2 Sets

FRONT SQUATS

3 x 12

RHP

3 Sets

DB SWINGS

3 x 15

ACCESSORY & PREHAB (1-Leg Squats, Neck Harness, & Band Pullaparts)

ABS (Ab Rollers, Hanging Knee Raises, & Weighted Crunches)

Post - Kreaklyn, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops of Protein w/ Carbs

Good days work. Have some things to dial in, going to really push the Paused work, it's very beneficial for me.

http://youtu.be/amKj_A3edkY

Nix0r
12-03-12, 3:58 pm
Patchy Adams in the house...

Polk17
12-04-12, 8:44 am
Patchy Adams in the house...

Hahahaha... No Mas...

Polk17
12-04-12, 8:55 am
Week 5, Day 1

Monday 12/3/12 - Speed Pulls

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

PAUSED SSB SQUATS

Bar x 10
135 x 5
185 x 2 x 6 Sets - Get these Hips right...

SPEED PULLS

135 x 5
225 x 5
Add Doubled Monster Minis
275+Monster Minis x 2
315+Monster Minis x 1

Work Sets
345+Monster Minis x 1 x 8 Sets

Jump Sets
Add Belt
365+Monster Minis x 1 x 2 Sets
405+Monster Minis x 1 x 2 Sets

2" SNATCH GRIP BLOCK PULL

285 x 20 x 1 Set - Going to Pause on Blocks next time.

SSB CLOSE STANCE SQUATS

275 x 6 x 5 Sets

SHRUGS

250 x 15 x 3 Sets

BAND LAT PULLDOWNS

Light+Mini Band x 15 x 4 Sets

GHR

2 x 2 - Super Strict, almost like natural GHR.

BACK RAISES

60 Reps

ABS (Ab Roller, Hanging Knee Raises, & Side Bends)

ACCESSORY (Some Upper Back and Neck Work)

Post - Creatine, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops Protein w/ Carbs

Rep Bench Wednesday.

http://youtu.be/8svhpauv8s4

Nix0r
12-05-12, 9:01 am
Dare I say it's a month away until bench, beers, and bars?

Polk17
12-05-12, 9:05 am
Dare I say it's a month away until bench, beers, and bars?

Gonna be great, pen pals No Mas.

T o m m Y
12-05-12, 9:15 am
i paused each rep on the snatch grip block pulls,i like it better no bounce and harder.

Polk17
12-05-12, 9:31 pm
i paused each rep on the snatch grip block pulls,i like it better no bounce and harder.

Ya, I'm gonna go for 405 x 15 on Monday, probably just do whatever I have to to finish. Then on prescribed sets, pause em.

Polk17
12-05-12, 11:00 pm
Week 5, Day 3

Wednesday 12/5/12 - Rep Bench

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

BENCH

Bar x 50
Add Foam Roller for Arch
Bar x 10
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 2
Remove Foam Roller
185 x 2
225 x 3

Work Sets
265 x 3
275 x 3 x 2 Sets
285 x 3 - PR - Tried a new set-up, was tighter, and stronger, just not used to groove, and missed it on the last rep, had to grind it out.

Down Set
225 x 14 - PR

PRESS

115 x 10
135 x 10 x 2 Sets

CHINS

50 Reps in between all Pressing Sets, Alternating Grips.

BAND LAT PULLDOWNS

2 Monster Minis x 15 x 3 Sets

BAND PUSHDOWNS

100 Reps in 2 Sets

LATERAL RAISES

5 x 100 x 1

ACCESSORY (Band Pullaparts & Neck Harness Work)

Banged Abs, as I have to ME Squat a day early, so I wanted to be fresh. Will hammer them tomorrow, and again on Saturday as an Extra/Conditioning Workout.

Good day, hope to stack some together and get this Bench right. Squattin' tomorrow, Heavy Single, then some Rev. Band shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfNx50W7aLw&feature=youtu.be

Polk17
12-07-12, 9:18 pm
Week 5, Day 4

Thursday 12/6/12 - Max Squat

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

SQUATS

Add Rehbands
Bar x 10 x 2 Sets
135 x 6 x 2 Sets
225 x 4
275 x 2
315 x 1
Add Belt
365 x 1
405 x 1
Rehbands Off

Worksets
Add Overkill Knee Wraps
435 x 1 - Fast
475 x 1 - Way better than last week
500 x 1 - Very smooth, could have been faster, but I'm really working on form not just smashing the weight. This was much better than 480 at the meet, so I'm happy with it.

Top Set
Add Reverse Avg. Bands
535 x 1 - PR - This was easy.

Downsets
Wraps off, Rehbands on

255 x 12 x 3 Sets

SSB FRONT SQUATS

135 x 12 x 3 Sets

REVERSE HYPERS

3 Sets

HYPERS

60 Reps

ACCESSORY (Band Pullaparts & Neck Harness)

Post - Creatine, BCAAs, & 2 Scoops of Protein w/ Carbs

Really good day, definitely getting stronger. Going to take a real good Rev. Band next ME Day, then a modest PR on the Free, then a HUGE RB hopefully 575-600, then a big Free PR, hopefully @ 550. Thats the plan for the next few ME Squats, looking forward to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaVvEGFtKxM&feature=youtu.be

Altered Beast
12-10-12, 8:45 am
Always lots of work going on in here! 500 didn't look so tough!

Polk17
12-10-12, 9:35 am
Always lots of work going on in here! 500 didn't look so tough!

Ya man, pretty smooth. Trying to fix my form a bit, so it coulda been faster.

Polk17
12-10-12, 5:37 pm
Week 6, Day 1

Sunday 12/9/12 - Bodybuilding

Trained @ D.A.C., w/ FiredUp...

Pre - RAGE

Intra - BCAAs

DYNAMIC WARMUP

FRONT SQUATS

Bar x 5 x 2 Sets
135 x 5 x 2 Sets
185 x 1