PDA

View Full Version : Eating every 2 hours

Carrnage
08-08-12, 12:46 am
Who still believes in the whole you have to eat every 2-3 hours thing or else your catabolic? Or have we moved passed that phase yet haha, just wondering!

billmd1334
08-08-12, 6:38 am
It took me years to get over that, I used to freak out if I didn't have a meal at exactly the 3 hour mark thinking that all of my muscle would eat itself... thankfully I've moved past that and learned if I hit my macros for the day meal timing for the most part is irrelevant.

Tiger
08-08-12, 7:08 am
I wake up and go to the gym before I eat my first meal... :O BLASPHEMY!

For the most part I eat every 2 or 3 hours, but that's post-workout, breaks and lunches at work, and then once I get home from work I'm hungry, and I usually eat something a little before I go to bed. If I'm in a meeting and can't eat for a few hours then no big deal - I'll eat whenever I can. Sometimes I'll only have one bigger meal after work - it just depends how I feel.

naturalguy
08-08-12, 8:39 am
I noticed there is an anti eating smaller, more frequent meals talk lately and people love to say meal timing is irrelevant however when you are consuming a lot of food it's easier on digestion to eat smaller, more frequent meals. I've tried it many ways and I don't feel good when I eat large meals, I feel bloated, sluggish and tired.

As far as meal timing being irrelevant, I understand that people say that because they read "studies" where it shows no difference in body composition however I notice huge differences in performance in the gym when I do time my nutrition and that will have an impact on your physique.

billmd1334
08-08-12, 8:47 am
I noticed there is an anti eating smaller, more frequent meals talk lately and people love to say meal timing is irrelevant however when you are consuming a lot of food it's easier on digestion to eat smaller, more frequent meals. I've tried it many ways and I don't feel good when I eat large meals, I feel bloated, sluggish and tired.

As far as meal timing being irrelevant, I understand that people say that because they read "studies" where it shows no difference in body composition however I notice huge differences in performance in the gym when I do time my nutrition and that will have an impact on your physique.

This is absolutely true, I feel dieting is like training. Not everything works the same for everyone. I definitely can't fill up on a bunch of food and then train. Also you can't expect to eat your days worth of calories in one meal and then not look bloated.

Nix0r
08-08-12, 9:15 am
I eat when I'm hungry. If it's 2 hours apart, 8 hours apart, or 25 minutes. I let my body tell me when I need food.

GODSEY
08-08-12, 9:31 am
Its 2-3 hours for me, but usually small snacks, not necessarily meals. I feel its what you train your body for, and after a while it expects it. I don't even have to look at the clock, I just know its time. Eating right before working out though has always given me lackluster results, and almost no pump. But that's just me...its taken quite a few years to get to whatever balance I like to keep.

naturalguy
08-08-12, 9:32 am
I eat when I'm hungry. If it's 2 hours apart, 8 hours apart, or 25 minutes. I let my body tell me when I need food.

I think that is a great way to think about it. Ox always says listen to your body

Ox
08-08-12, 9:47 am
I definitely don't think that MOST people need to eat every 2 hours because you will go catabolic if you don't. MAYBE that's the case when carbs and fats are both very low and or your activity/metabolism is very high. In that case I think you do need to eat that often.

That being said, we're talking about bodybuilding and most bodybuilders are pushing their bodies to be/do something far beyond normal. To build a body that has loads more muscle than average takes a good deal of fuel. Of course, you could eat really calorie dense food less often but you might not feel as good as if you spaced it out. Doing it that way may also limit how much you can take in. If for example, you EAT 400g of protein a day. To get 400g in over say 3 meals would be just over 130g a meal...that's a lot of chicken, steak, fish etc etc to choke down at once...and if you can, how much room will you have left for carbs and or fats?

I think the main benefit of increasing the frequency of eating is that it allows you to pack in that much more food. Plus, keeping your blood sugar steady and your metabolism up aren't bad things either. And of course, once you have built a body with considerably more muscle than you are meant to hold, the only way to maintain it is with the volume and frequency of nutrients that got you there! So yes, I think for most bodybuilders, eating every 2-3 hours is a must if they want to attain their goals (which for most is to be as big and as lean as possible).

Universal Rep
08-08-12, 11:38 am
I definitely don't think that MOST people need to eat every 2 hours because you will go catabolic if you don't. MAYBE that's the case when carbs and fats are both very low and or your activity/metabolism is very high. In that case I think you do need to eat that often.

That being said, we're talking about bodybuilding and most bodybuilders are pushing their bodies to be/do something far beyond normal. To build a body that has loads more muscle than average takes a good deal of fuel. Of course, you could eat really calorie dense food less often but you might not feel as good as if you spaced it out. Doing it that way may also limit how much you can take in. If for example, you EAT 400g of protein a day. To get 400g in over say 3 meals would be just over 130g a meal...that's a lot of chicken, steak, fish etc etc to choke down at once...and if you can, how much room will you have left for carbs and or fats?

I think the main benefit of increasing the frequency of eating is that it allows you to pack in that much more food. Plus, keeping your blood sugar steady and your metabolism up aren't bad things either. And of course, once you have built a body with considerably more muscle than you are meant to hold, the only way to maintain it is with the volume and frequency of nutrients that got you there! So yes, I think for most bodybuilders, eating every 2-3 hours is a must if they want to attain their goals (which for most is to be as big and as lean as possible).

Welp, the term "bodybuilder" is a pretty loaded one... There are bodybuilders and those who think they are bodybuilders. So many skinny fellas who hardly lift on internet forums talking about the finer, technical points of eatin, haha...

PORTERHOUSE
08-08-12, 1:33 pm

I couldn't agree more. I always believe there is more than one way to skin a cat, but I personally need to break my meals up hit what I want. I tried to drop my meals from 6/day to 4, keeping macros constant, and I just couldn't do it. Too much at once. I personally like eating every 2-3 hours or so, the lighter meals don't weigh me down and I never really feel that hungry. But to each is own.

Tbrat
08-08-12, 2:02 pm

I totally agree with this... Since I started recording every little thing in my log book, one thing I've noticed is when my meals are clean and timed right, my performance is much better that day in the gym. Also, the scale seems to move quicker when I'm eating more frequently. Do I think eating every 2-3 hours is the only way? No, not at all but it works for me so I have to stick to it. Everything in this game is about taking something that works for others, tweaking and tweaking until you find what works for you and your body.

rainman
08-08-12, 4:41 pm
Who still believes in the whole you have to eat every 2-3 hours thing or else your catabolic? Or have we moved passed that phase yet haha, just wondering!
Whilst I don't believe my body will go catabolic if I don't eat every few hours, I still like to space my meals out. I find it much easier to prepare loads of tupperware boxes with 'smaller' portions in, (still bigger than most of my co-workers' lunches admittedly), and eat them every 3/4 hours, knowing the nutritional value of each, rather than eating more and feeling sluggish.

I'd also be quite interested in hearing your take on this topic. The first post was like you had something to say, but didn't actually say it. You are obviously a very powerful lifter with a lot of information to share, so what works for you? How often do you eat? What do you eat on an average day for example? How do you adapt eating around training? I don't want to sound like I'm a keyboard warrior here. Just another regular guy here for knowledge.

Lightnin'
08-08-12, 5:28 pm

Well said Ox. While I by no means am even close to a Pro bodybuilder I am proud of my physique and aim to only improve upon it. Through trial and error I generally eat 5-6 meals a day trying to get a good carb source and good protein source each meal. If I don't I've found I am either sluggish and/or hungry and my performance in the gym and at work goes way down. I take in about 150-200 cal more post workout (1pm) and at dinner time (6:30).

There is much more to my life than just lifting. I have to make sure I'm on my game at work, I have a family, I play all kinds of other sports, and if I eat only every 6 hours my energy dives down and fast. So for me it's every 2-3 hours.

ajoaks
08-08-12, 6:08 pm
I tend to follow that trend just because I seem to be hungry every couole of hours, if I'm not hungry 2 hours after a meal I won't force the issue too much, maybe a handful of almonds or something like that if I'm not really feeling it. I will say that I have seen better results doing the small frequent meals compared to 3 big meals. I also feel more energetic and less lethargic from it too.

Big C
08-08-12, 7:08 pm
I dunno what's "right" and what's "wrong" but I feel better eating every 2.5 hours or so it's just habit now and I'm anal about it LOL.

I get a lil lightheaded if I get behind on my meals so I have to eat. I can't remember the last time I didn't get 6 meals in....I know if I happened to have 4 or 5 it wouldn't kill me or anything but I try to stay as disciplined as possible both in and out of the gym.

Pizzalamp
08-08-12, 7:40 pm
the way i see it is just eat a manly breakfast lunch and dinner and have a healtly snack or 2.
i think because people eat every 2 hours, they train their body to be hungry every 2 hours-i dont think its that theyre really hungy
i say eat when u are hungry, whether that be every 4 hours, or every 8 hours
i also think the body is still digesting food you ate 2 hours ago so even the whole idea of eating every 2 hours or so is not practical
as a doctor i have seen improvements in my patient's blood work when they stopped eating every 2 hours and spaced their meals out and cut down on the total number of meals per day

and i forget which fat no name powerlifter it was on here, but the dude who eats mcdonalds and like 9 meals a day is defintely on the way to an early grave with his eating.

PORTERHOUSE
08-08-12, 7:52 pm
as a doctor i have seen improvements in my patient's blood work when they stopped eating every 2 hours and spaced their meals out and cut down on the total number of meals per day

What do you attribute this to?

Kowboy
08-08-12, 9:05 pm
I know for me the diet is where I struggle, I am still a little overweight and I try to eat every 2 - 3 hours. Now that I am finally hitting the strongman shit like I want and I have a calorie plan set up there is no way I could eat that much if I didn't break it up in to eating every 2 - 3 hours. Hell sometimes its an hour if I am starving, I combine meals if I miss one but just go w/ it. I read a lot of shit on here and there are so many different views I just read it all, soak it up and then use it in coming up w/ a plan. I also message and chat w/ a bunch of people on here (probably drive them nuts).

Kowboy
08-08-12, 9:08 pm
the way i see it is just eat a manly breakfast lunch and dinner and have a healtly snack or 2.
i think because people eat every 2 hours, they train their body to be hungry every 2 hours-i dont think its that theyre really hungy
i also think the body is still digesting food you ate 2 hours ago so even the whole idea of eating every 2 hours or so is not practical

and i forget which fat no name powerlifter it was on here, but the dude who eats mcdonalds and like 9 meals a day is defintely on the way to an early grave with his eating.

I am trying to get in 3500 calories, for me breaking it up to the 2.5 - 3 hours makes it easier on my time at work, gym and at home. Do you feel that as a lifter or bodybuilder we should be aiming for certain percentages of proteins, carbs and fats? I can see eating three big meals and then splitting up whats left in 2 snacks (small meals). I agree eating fast food as a way to pop in calories is a terrible idea and being big and strong doesnt mean shit when your heart explodes at 30.

dannynb
08-08-12, 10:05 pm
To me it depends on the individual, goals, metabolism, etc. Everyone is different. I have clients that if they don't eat every 3 hours they flatten out, performance is down and such. Again I have clients that if they eat more often then 4-5 hours apart again, things fall apart.

World Eater
08-09-12, 11:52 am

I believe you're referring to Seath here.

Eating every few hours is just a habit for me I've always had as it fits in my daily schedule. Breakfast, coffee break, lunch, another coffee break, dinner, evening tea. And like others mentioned, it makes downing a lot of food easier as it cuts it up into smaller meals.

PORTERHOUSE
08-09-12, 12:48 pm
I'm glad this went the way it did, this was just another attempt to "stir the pot". I think we've all elevated this place a little by not falling into the shenanigans that can sometimes ensue when these "have you figured out my way is the best yet"? threads appear.

Aggression
08-09-12, 12:49 pm

Quoting these b/c I agree with all 3.

When I was bodybuilding, I focused on eating ~6 meals per day, all loaded with protein/fats/carbs. That was when I was looking to gain a lot of mass, size, and strength. Going from 180lbs to 230lbs required that type of rigid diet, as Ox stated. Since I've switched gears a bit, I'm not longer eating for a ton of size. Therefore, I don't need to worry about eating as often anymore. It all comes down to goals. Also, I feel that a lot of those so called 'bodybuilders' use all these studies and shit to take the easy way out. Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder. But how many of them actually have the nuts and bolts to eat as much as bodybuilding requires? Not too many. So they jump on any diet bandwagon and use it as a crutch to justify their lifestyle and diet choices.

Kowboy
08-09-12, 12:53 pm
Like I said I am totally new and I just can't eat 3 big meals. I sit on my ass all day at work so I have to break it up just to help keep me awake and moving. I noticed my energy level is better when I eat smaller throughout the day. I am in at 6am and do not lift until 230-300pm so it helps keep me full. I agree with everyone in here, we all ask for a ton of advice and I think the key is just putting it together and trying shit out.I looked at a pic of myself hte other day and yes I still have a midsection but everything is looking way better.

PORTERHOUSE
08-09-12, 12:58 pm

When I was bodybuilding, I focused on eating ~6 meals per day, all loaded with protein/fats/carbs. That was when I was looking to gain a lot of mass, size, and strength. Going from 180lbs to 230lbs required that type of rigid diet, as Ox stated. Since I've switched gears a bit, I'm not longer eating for a ton of size. Therefore, I don't need to worry about eating as often anymore. It all comes down to goals. Also, I feel that a lot of those so called 'bodybuilders' use all these studies and shit to take the easy way out. Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder. But how many of them actually have the nuts and bolts to eat as much as bodybuilding requires? Not too many. So they jump on any diet bandwagon and use it as a crutch to justify their lifestyle and diet choices.

What is your training style now?

Aggression
08-09-12, 1:07 pm
What is your training style now?

Powerlifting; Westside or 5/3/1.

fenix237
08-09-12, 1:47 pm
interesting discussion...as with just about every other aspect w lifting and eating you gotta try things out for yourself...i dont eat nearly the amount that some of you guys do, so for me to eat 2500-3000 cals in 2/3 meals in an 8 hour period is not difficult. i'll eat a pound of meat at lunch and dinner and a 50g shake mid-afternoon along w some good fats and healthy carbs. if i was hungry in the morning, i would eat...my philosophy is just to hit my macros/cals for the day and eat my meals when im hungry

I'm glad this went the way it did, this was just another attempt to "stir the pot". I think we've all elevated this place a little by not falling into the shenanigans

x2

C.Coronato
08-09-12, 2:52 pm
i forget which fat no name powerlifter it was on here, but the dude who eats mcdonalds and like 9 meals a day is defintely on the way to an early grave with his eating.

Your posts have become more and more condescending as time as gone on. Refrain from the call outs and putting down of members. You are not adding anything worthwhile to these conversations, and your sarcastic remarks are not appreciated nor welcomed. You have been warned.

Kowboy
08-09-12, 9:04 pm
hopefully mine didn't come across as bad, I wasn't speaking to anyone in general. I honestly didn't know who he was talking about. If I crossed a line as well I apologize.

NJC_Manhattan
08-09-12, 11:31 pm
What I'm about to say isn't original. But it all depends on the person. For me, if I feel hungry, I first drink a glass of water to make sure I'm not just thirsty. If 10-15 mins go by and I'm still hungry, then I'll have a meal.

This may be helpful as well;
http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/A-little-at-a-time-Eating-and-exercising-in-bits-and-pieces.shtml

Seath308
08-10-12, 12:37 am

A Rep or Watchmen Better check this bitch before I do. Pizzalamp What have you ever Achieved in your lifting career?

Also this "Fat" Powerlifter challenges you to a pose down. A video of all the mandatory poses in BB and we will see who is in better shape. Don't puss out.

B.S.
08-10-12, 2:29 am
A Rep or Watchmen Better check this bitch before I do. Pizzalamp What have you ever Achieved in your lifting career?

Also this "Fat" Powerlifter challenges you to a pose down. A video of all the mandatory poses in BB and we will see who is in better shape. Don't puss out.

seath youve always proved yourself much respect for you. you WILL achieve all your goals and have something to show for it. weed out the ignorant.

B.S.
08-10-12, 2:34 am

lol at no name... one of the best raw squatters in the world. wheres your trophys and sponsorships. dont insult the animal athletes and dont make a joke out of yourself

Joe J
08-10-12, 7:03 am

I wonder if Pizzalamp will put his money where his mouth is with this one. Personally, I'd love to see this.

Kowboy
08-10-12, 8:52 am
He hasn't replied yet, I responded to his post as well. I honestly didn't know he was talking about Seath, Ben you are an amazing lifter. But if you read his post he is a Doctor so he must know everything...gotta love the fucking arrogance that comes w/ that. It must be a class in its own right.

Ox
08-10-12, 9:55 am

That's how I feel about the whole iifym thing....it's just an excuse for an easy way out. There may be something I don't know about it but it still drives me crazy when I hear people say that a macro is a macro or a calorie is a calorie. That just does not make sense to me. Hell if I could get the same results dietting on ice cream I'd be all in. Maybe I'm ignorant but I feel I just have to realistic.

Aggression
08-10-12, 9:59 am
Couldn't agree more, Ev. It would be nice to be 3 weeks out from a show and have some ice cream for dessert every night, lol.

Kowboy
08-10-12, 9:59 am
That's how I feel about the whole iifym thing....it's just an excuse for an easy way out. There may be something I don't know about it but it still drives me crazy when I hear people say that a macro is a macro or a calorie is a calorie. That just does not make sense to me. Hell if I could get the same results dietting on ice cream I'd be all in. Maybe I'm ignorant but I feel I just have to realistic.

Same here, I would have a reserved seat at Coldstone. It would be easy to get my 3500 calories a day there.

Ox
08-10-12, 10:00 am
Couldn't agree more, Ev. It would be nice to be 3 weeks out from a show and have some ice cream for dessert every night, lol.

There are few things in this life I would enjoy more than that.

Aggression
08-10-12, 10:03 am
Same here, I would have a reserved seat at Coldstone. It would be easy to get my 3500 calories a day there.

I understand that IIFYM is made up of like 95% clean calories and that last 5% is left for random deliciousness (had to state this in order to avoid a huge onslaught of IIFYM'ers coming in here and bashing your statement). I get it, but as Ev said, a calorie is not a calorie. A macro is not a macro. A sweet potato will have a much different overall effect on the body and overall system compared to ice cream. IIFYM'ers will dispute that whole statement with countless studies. But the only 'studies' I read and take notes on are those elite bodybuilders who successfully come in absolutely shredded every show. I'm taking notes from Evan and not from that 150lb 'shredded dude with barely any muscle' who says its OK to eat a piece of cake as long as IFYM.

Kowboy
08-10-12, 10:05 am
I understand that IIFYM is made up of like 95% clean calories and that last 5% is left for random deliciousness (had to state this in order to avoid a huge onslaught of IIFYM'ers coming in here and bashing your statement). I get it, but as Ev said, a calorie is not a calorie. A macro is not a macro. A sweet potato will have a much different overall effect on the body and overall system compared to ice cream. IIFYM'ers will dispute that whole statement with countless studies. But the only 'studies' I read and take notes on are those elite bodybuilders who successfully come in absolutely shredded every show. I'm taking notes from Evan and not from that 150lb 'shredded dude with barely any muscle' who says its OK to eat a piece of cake as long as IFYM.

I hear ya, trust me I have ate like shit most of my life. If working out and eating whatever got me ripped and shredded I assume I would be ripped and shredded which I am most def not. But if I could eat whatever I want Coldstone would make a fortune off of me. Some nice peanut butter chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate! I wont ever claim to know anything about dieting, I trust a lot of the people on here. Some more than others and I have learned quite a bit in my short year back.

Kowboy
08-10-12, 10:08 am
I mean while staying w/in your macros of course.

NJC_Manhattan
08-10-12, 10:10 am
I hear ya, trust me I have ate like shit most of my life. If working out and eating whatever got me ripped and shredded I assume I would be ripped and shredded which I am most def not. But if I could eat whatever I want Coldstone would make a fortune off of me. Some nice peanut butter chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate! I wont ever claim to know anything about dieting, I trust a lot of the people on here. Some more than others and I have learned quite a bit in my short year back.

I love it, but for the sake of my cut please stop with the food porn.

I had egg whites and grilled chicken for breakfast....

Kowboy
08-10-12, 10:12 am
I love it, but for the sake of my cut please stop with the food porn.

I had egg whites and grilled chicken for breakfast....

I am not cutting but I cleaned my diet up so I am with ya. I had egg whites, 2 yolks and grinded up oatmeal in water :(

Sprint
08-10-12, 10:21 am
Good shit for rescuing this thread from the edge of B.S. & getting it back on point.

This right here

There are few things in this life I would enjoy more than that.

On the face of it, yeah...

...but it'd maybe slightly devalue the achievement of getting on stage shredded & full. Part of the attractions of bodybuilding & competing are the challenges that are presented. It'd be less satisfying holding that trophy knowing that all you did was climb inside a jar of pb whenever the mood took you.

naturalguy
08-10-12, 11:32 am

...but it'd maybe slightly devalue the achievement of getting on stage shredded & full. Part of the attractions of bodybuilding & competing are the challenges that are presented. It'd be less satisfying holding that trophy knowing that all you did was climb inside a jar of pb whenever the mood took you.

Exactly Sprint, part of the beauty in bodybuilding is in the pain and suffering, if it was easy it wouldn't be as rewarding.

Ox
08-10-12, 12:01 pm

That's the truth.

PORTERHOUSE
08-10-12, 12:03 pm

Hey man, leave peanut butter out of this.

Tiger
08-10-12, 12:11 pm

He's having withdrawal...

Kill i oughtta
08-10-12, 12:21 pm
like natty guy said for some people its easy to on frequent basis so that you can get all your calories in at the end of the day for me personally i only ewat 34 large meals and seem to get the same results otherwise so at the end of the day it dont think its a dramatic dffernece just get the calories in.

Kill i oughtta
08-10-12, 12:21 pm
like natty guy said for some people its easy to on frequent basis so that you can get all your calories in at the end of the day for me personally i only ewat 34 large meals and seem to get the same results otherwise so at the end of the day it dont think its a dramatic dffernece just get the calories in.

i ment to say 3-4

naturalguy
08-10-12, 12:46 pm
I think a big problem is the forums these days and having too much information out there. Some guys will read a few studies and just run with the info. If you cruise the nutrition section of the bb.com forum you will learn:

- it doesn't matter what or when you eat
- there are no healthy or unhealthy foods
- a calorie is a calorie
- a macro is a macro
- all that matters is macros and calories in vs calories out

If you attempt to debate this you will be bombarded with references to studies

Kowboy
08-10-12, 1:00 pm

It is all because of my job that I can eat several small meals a day throughout the day. I have had them in the past where breakfast, lunch and dinner would be all I could do.

Aggression
08-10-12, 1:02 pm
To lose some body fat? Sure. To trim up a bit? Sure. To get healthy and fit? Absolutely. IIFYM and all that related shit can and does work. But when it comes to BODYBUILDING, its a whole different ball game. So many more things need to be taken into account. I think the main issue is that the term 'bodybuilding' is too loosely defined on most forums. Just because you train daily and are trying to get shredded doesn't make you a bodybuilder. It makes you an average gym dude. Wanna be average? IIFYM. Wanna be elite? Follow those who have already achieved such status.

Big C
08-10-12, 1:05 pm
If you attempt to debate this you will be bombarded with references to studies

And that is the problem big man, and one reason I only go to that site now to shop. Too many concerned with the science of it all rather than putting effort into a training session. Sure diet is an important piece but hell let's argue about it all day on message board to see who has the biggest balls.

Aggression
08-10-12, 1:08 pm
And that is the problem big man, and one reason I only go to that site now to shop. Too many concerned with the science of it all rather than putting effort into a training session. Sure diet is an important piece but hell let's argue about it all day on message board to see who has the biggest balls.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/harch33/internettoughguy.jpg

naturalguy
08-10-12, 1:48 pm

Yup if they spent half the effort in the gym as they do trying to prove "science" on the internets they could make some real gains

dannynb
08-10-12, 3:32 pm
Yup if they spent half the effort in the gym as they do trying to prove "science" on the internets they could make some real gains

Agreed.

Sprint
08-10-12, 5:28 pm

He's having withdrawal...

That's an understatement right there...

22 days to go!

BigChrisF
08-10-12, 6:24 pm

Can't I do both?!

NJC_Manhattan
08-11-12, 10:42 am
I think science has its place... It's a staple on the founding supplement of this company

"WHO WE ARE: In 1983, Animal was founded with the birth of Animal Pak, the venerable training "pack" that started it all. Born from the real needs and desires of professional bodybuilders. Animal has grown prodigiously over the decades. Today, as yesterday, the name Animal stands for trust, integrity and a unique no nonsense approach to the game. Animal also represents a group of products that have stood the test of time, proven again and again in the labs, and in the trenches where it counts most!... The gym and the stage. Dedicated to serious nutrition for the serious athlete. Animal. The choice of champions".

I agree spinning too many wheels in the 'lab' can be counterproductive, but to dismiss legitimate/proven science may not be the best idea in the world.

Carrnage
08-12-12, 6:24 pm

Fuck yeah! Awesome post Evan!

Chuckkah
09-14-12, 12:52 am
I never thought it made your body catabolic, I just thought it made your metabolism more active. I find it hard to choke down over 80g of protein in 3 meals, so it's just easier for me to hit my macros when I eat more frequently. But I'm also young so I can stretch it out to 3 or 4 hours and my metabolism is still pretty active