PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Animal Routines

Javzilla54
08-16-12, 1:25 am
Hey guys,

I just had a quick (hopefully not stupid question) but I'm utterly confused and I want to do everything right by design. So, having been lifting for a good part of my life, for football not bodybuilding, I was always under the hawk-like eyes of my head coach and he made sure that we would load more and more weight as the reps started to get lower which is how I understood lifting to be. Now, I was reading one of the articles by The House and I got to thinking... are the Animal routines all drop sets or should I keep loading the weight as the reps get smaller? I was using Wrath's split for a long while and got great results but I hit a plateau so I decided to switch it up and use Animal Routine #10. It doesn't specifically say to use drop sets or anything but once the doubt hit me, I needed an answer. As for strength and gains, my way is getting my places but I was curious as to how drop sets would help/hurt me.

Thanks in advance!

- Javzilla

Aggression
08-16-12, 8:50 am
You can definitely throw dropsets in there if you'd like. Doesn't really matter where/when. If you want to spice it up on a random exercise, throw in a drop and let it ride. I wouldn't do a drop set on every exercise of every workout, but throwing them in randomly, on occasion, can be very beneficial.

C.Coronato
08-16-12, 9:03 am
You really can do anything you would like and you feel you would benefit from it. If you want to run drops once and while, go for it my man!

Javzilla54
08-17-12, 1:26 pm
Thanks for the advice you guys!

That's why I love the Animals so much, good advice without any of the added bullshit. I swear, I was trolling BB.com for a possible answer to my question on intra-workout drinks... I had to leave after the fourth period blood joke.

I'll definitely be sure to add some drop sets in my workouts, I'm quite excited to add some more to this routine.

P Diesel
08-17-12, 6:58 pm
Java,

i think it has a lot to do with what ur goals are and what type of athlete u are trying to b. with that said drop and super sets have their place in any type of training, i think what varies is teh frequency and placement of them in ur routine bro.

P

Javzilla54
08-17-12, 10:51 pm
Java,

i think it has a lot to do with what ur goals are and what type of athlete u are trying to b. with that said drop and super sets have their place in any type of training, i think what varies is teh frequency and placement of them in ur routine bro.

P

Well, that's where I'm stuck! I train like an Animal and I love to look big but I don't know if I can see myself actually competing seeing as how I'm still trying to get my degree. I added some drop sets in my bi and tri workout today and this is a whole new level of soreness, I love it. I'm glad I get such solid advice here, I wish I could actually find an Animal or two that lives around me so I can see how it's really done!