PDA

View Full Version : Rage no longer working?

MRmichael.hooker
08-22-12, 7:33 am
So, i've been using Rage pretty much forever. Was one of the original testers for Agent O, and have used Rage (for the most part) ever since. Is it possible for the body to get use to a certain pre workout, but not caffeine? I could understand if it was a caffeine tolerance built up, but, if i use one of the other 2 pre w.os I enjoy, i'm fine. If I take Rage however, I get practically no energy anymore, and never notice anything. Almost makes my stomach hurt everytime. Not knocking Rage at all, because when it was working for me, hands down the best pre w.o i've ever used, but it just no longer works. Any advice or info as to why this one product isn't effecting me anymore?

ghost
08-22-12, 8:22 am
best advice I can give is to take a couple of weeks, or a month, off of it and come back so your body loses its built up tolerance.

Sandman
08-22-12, 8:22 am
Your stimulant receptors are getting clogged up. You need to try to take a break from all stims for a few weeks. The human body can get resistant to just about anything if exposed to it long enough.

J-Dawg
08-22-12, 9:52 am
When using Rage or Shock for an extended amount of time, I try to take a 1-2 weeks off or even use 'em at a low dose to help my body's receptors become sensitive again. I would suggest cycling off for a bit and going on again after a week to two off. Keep us posted M.

mritter3
08-22-12, 10:15 am
best advice I can give is to take a couple of weeks, or a month, off of it and come back so your body loses its built up tolerance.

Agreed that's what I would do as well

rainman
08-22-12, 2:50 pm
Does it make a difference if you switch between the powder and the caps versions?

naturalguy
08-22-12, 4:30 pm
Does it make a difference if you switch between the powder and the caps versions?

Not really, they are the same exact formula minus the flavoring for the capsule version

pkilcarr
08-22-12, 7:41 pm
I agree with the guys above.it'll probably be best to take some time off of preworkout stims, maybe a couple weeks and let your body get back to its baseline.

MRmichael.hooker
08-27-12, 7:00 am

Your stimulant receptors are getting clogged up. You need to try to take a break from all stims for a few weeks. The human body can get resistant to just about anything if exposed to it long enough.

When using Rage or Shock for an extended amount of time, I try to take a 1-2 weeks off or even use 'em at a low dose to help my body's receptors become sensitive again. I would suggest cycling off for a bit and going on again after a week to two off. Keep us posted M.

Sorry I didn't respond last week, super busy in Charlotte with this Democratic National Convention coming up (Army National Guard). Thanks guys for the advice. Gonna take rest of Aug off & all of Sept off from pre workouts. Which BLOWS because I finally ran out of my orange & slaughtermelon rage, so I was literally THIS week gonna buy the new shock therapy, lol, oh well. What had me puzzled was that only Rage was effecting me this way, but the other pre workout I take (i have a friend/contest prep coach who works for another company, so i get free products from him. Don't judge lol) still hits me hard and normal. But any of you that know me or read my journey know that I use to not really take any pre w.o at all. Always used Ox's approach that if the diet is working correctly, you shouldn' t need any. BUT, I love Rage lol. Appreciate the advice and will let you know how it hits me come Oct 1st.

Appollonian
08-27-12, 7:51 am
Sorry I didn't respond last week, super busy in Charlotte with this Democratic National Convention coming up (Army National Guard). Thanks guys for the advice. Gonna take rest of Aug off & all of Sept off from pre workouts. Which BLOWS because I finally ran out of my orange & slaughtermelon rage, so I was literally THIS week gonna buy the new shock therapy, lol, oh well. What had me puzzled was that only Rage was effecting me this way, but the other pre workout I take (i have a friend/contest prep coach who works for another company, so i get free products from him. Don't judge lol) still hits me hard and normal. But any of you that know me or read my journey know that I use to not really take any pre w.o at all. Always used Ox's approach that if the diet is working correctly, you shouldn' t need any. BUT, I love Rage lol. Appreciate the advice and will let you know how it hits me come Oct 1st.

I missed this one... I don't know why only Rage wouldn't give you the kick but the others do. For me it's I feel them all well or not hardly at all.

Let us know how it goes man.

Aggression
08-27-12, 8:59 am
So, i've been using Rage pretty much forever.

this is your issue. as others have said, take some time away from all stims and you'll be better.

MRmichael.hooker
08-27-12, 9:48 am
this is your issue. as others have said, take some time away from all stims and you'll be better.

Yup. Was worried about not having as good of workouts, but then just sortve had the thought that the whole reason i posted this thread was because I WASN'T having as good of workouts, so what do I have to loose? lol

Enforcer
08-29-12, 9:39 pm
So, i've been using Rage pretty much forever. Was one of the original testers for Agent O, and have used Rage (for the most part) ever since. Is it possible for the body to get use to a certain pre workout, but not caffeine? I could understand if it was a caffeine tolerance built up, but, if i use one of the other 2 pre w.os I enjoy, i'm fine. If I take Rage however, I get practically no energy anymore, and never notice anything. Almost makes my stomach hurt everytime. Not knocking Rage at all, because when it was working for me, hands down the best pre w.o i've ever used, but it just no longer works. Any advice or info as to why this one product isn't effecting me anymore?

The body can def. get used to a product of used for too long. This is especially when it comes to pre workout supps. I like to use them for 3-4 weeks and then take 1-2 weeks off. Then when I start up again I feel the full effects. The human body is an amazing thing and will adapt and get used to certain things.