PDA

View Full Version : How to set a PR....

rev8ball
08-22-12, 10:54 am
Go see Expendables 2!!

HOLY SHIT, that movie was the mad note!

Saw it last night. Now, I want to go hunt, kill, and eat my own buffalo, burn a village, and rebuild a Hemi 426 for good measure, all while wearing a helmet with horns on it.

Good thing I'm doing squats today....

SailinScotty
08-22-12, 11:04 am
Maybe we can get our gyms to play that on repeat. I will have to check it out.

mritter3
08-22-12, 11:32 am
Sounds good man...guess I need to check the first one out so I can get basic storyline

Big Wides
08-23-12, 8:44 am
Now, I want to go hunt, kill, and eat my own buffalo, burn a village, and rebuild a Hemi 426 for good measure, all while wearing a helmet with horns on it.

sounds like a typical saturday for me......

rev8ball
08-23-12, 10:57 am

You in a helmet and horns..... now that is something I'd pay to see..... lol

intoodeep25
08-23-12, 7:10 pm
its funny, when i read "how to set a PR" i immediately thought eat an entire box of chips ahoy with a gallon of milk before bed, wake up and lift. instant PR

The_Athlete
08-23-12, 9:12 pm
I didnt like it too much. The first one was way better. I think all the other super stars like Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris and Arnold didnt really fit into the action and neither did their lines.

The Dark Knight gets me pretty amped to go train though. Tom Hardy/Bane is just a bad ass mother.

intoodeep25
08-23-12, 11:58 pm
I didnt like it too much. The first one was way better. I think all the other super stars like Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris and Arnold didnt really fit into the action and neither did their lines.

The Dark Knight gets me pretty amped to go train though. Tom Hardy/Bane is just a bad ass mother.

ive thought of boycotting this movie because of who they chose to play bane. do they know what bane is supposed to look like? they shouldve gotten a monster to play the part, not the guy they went with. bad move.

The_Athlete
08-24-12, 8:37 am
ive thought of boycotting this movie because of who they chose to play bane. do they know what bane is supposed to look like? they shouldve gotten a monster to play the part, not the guy they went with. bad move.

I believe tom hardy said that he didn't feel he was the fit for the part and didn't really know how to take on the roll. But they still were set on having him play the part. for how intricate the story was, I think he did a great job. And for being 5'11, he was still able to look like a monster. He was a beast in Warrior too.

N. Motta
08-24-12, 8:58 am

I kind of felt the same way. In all the comic books, Bane was a freakishly, unhuman chemical experiment of muscle.

rev8ball
08-24-12, 11:01 am
its funny, when i read "how to set a PR" i immediately thought eat an entire box of chips ahoy with a gallon of milk before bed, wake up and lift. instant PR

Sub Oreos into that and ya may have something there.....

rbowman91
08-24-12, 11:16 am
go see expendables 2!!

Holy shit, that movie was the mad note!

Saw it last night. Now, i want to go hunt, kill, and eat my own buffalo, burn a village, and rebuild a hemi 426 for good measure, all while wearing a helmet with horns on it.

Good thing i'm doing squats today....

seconded.

G Diesel
08-24-12, 11:58 am

Instead of a bodybuilder, they cast a real actor in the role. Because they're trying to make a good film.

The Bane you're looking for was Jeep Swenson (RIP) in Batman & Robin, which is a bad movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Swenson

Peace, G

Tbrat
08-24-12, 12:27 pm

When Bane is sitting hunched over that table in the sewers.... his back is crazy. All I wanted to do when I saw the Dark Knight Rises is 100 sets of shrugs and 100 sets of rack pulls everyday... His traps are ungodly... even in warrior Tom Hardy's traps looked like CGI.

Tbrat
08-24-12, 12:32 pm

When Christopher Nolan set out to make his vision of the Batman series his intentions all along were to make to slight more realistical... and having a juiced up monster who constantly needs injections of Super-Soldier Steroids (Venom) in order to function didn't fit into the story to tie everything together with the league of shadows and everything. I was a little dissapointed in the back story of the mask and how it was Anesthetic from his injuries and when the tubes were broken he coulnd't function due to the immense pain... but all in all I thought the back story was excellent besides the mask.

J-Dawg
08-24-12, 3:47 pm
Go see Expendables 2!!

HOLY SHIT, that movie was the mad note!

Saw it last night. Now, I want to go hunt, kill, and eat my own buffalo, burn a village, and rebuild a Hemi 426 for good measure, all while wearing a helmet with horns on it.

Good thing I'm doing squats today....

Somehow I can picture Wides doing all of the above, lol.