PDA

View Full Version : Stein um Stein

ionacht
08-28-12, 9:02 pm
Hello Animal Brethren,

Here I begin my journey anew. It has been a wild ride the last few years and I am now getting back into the game. I was active here back in 07-08. In late '08 I blew my knee out while training for my first NASA PL meet. After rehab, another dislocation, knee surgery, and a near-death experience with an exploding appendix, I have finally taken my destiny back by the balls. I am still wrestling with my long term goals but am currently running through the tried and true routine 5 in the AOM. While I still have some work before I get back to setting PR's, I have been happy with my progress in these last three weeks. I must say its great to see Animal and Universal are still pushing the supplement bounds and providing awesome support. I am eager to get my first stak going. Using Pak right now, and have Pump and Nitro on order. Working on getting my diet in check as well. I have been looking into the carb backloading approach as the PL in me just won't let me give up my Oreos :-) But in the mean time I am doing extra cardio after workouts and on non-lift days. A journey is nothing but a series of small steps. I look forward to where those small steps will take me in the weeks, months and years to come.

deanna7272
08-28-12, 9:57 pm
You had me at OREOS...lol

Remember, ANY progress is PROGRESS!!!

Welcome back...

~*~ Deanna ~*~

ionacht
08-28-12, 10:25 pm
You had me at OREOS...lol

Remember, ANY progress is PROGRESS!!!

Welcome back...

~*~ Deanna ~*~

Absolutely true. Today was DL's. worked up to 1x2@335 and was thrilled with that after only three weeks back. I have been lifting in the morning before work. Its inspiring how much better the day seems after a good hard workout. Its like, OK the hard part of the day is done, its all down hill from here.

deanna7272
08-29-12, 10:51 pm
There are days that I struggle to get TO the gym, whether it be a crappy day at work, crappy day at home, etc... Seems like once I get there, all is good...

ionacht
08-30-12, 2:06 pm
good day today. lat pulls, rows, db curls, preachers, and ab work. I feel like my body is getting back into the groove so time to up the intensity. having a hard time with no carbs in the morning. I may start throwing in a little whole food carbs in the morning after my workout.

ionacht
08-31-12, 8:11 pm
Tough day. Had to force myself out of bed and into the gym for the first time. I hope my can of Pump gets here soon :-) Did bench, inclined bench, inclined db press and dips. Not sure why I dislike bench press so much. Love squats and deads get me giddy. but for some reason I just don't like benching. eager for the weekend rest.

BTW, watched the "so you think you can squat" vids on YouTube and can't wait for squats on Monday. Some great tips and reminders in thiae vids.

ionacht
09-03-12, 1:07 pm
Good squat day. Spent some extra warm up time to work on form. worked up to 1x2 @315. Better still I found a weak spot in that my lower erectors needs some extra attention. Will add in some good mornings. need to see what else my gym has. would like to do some reverse hypers if I can find a machine for it. Still have a way to go till I get in pr range of 500#, but happy with the way I have been able to jump back in.

ionacht
09-06-12, 8:20 pm
Good back and bi day today. This is the last week of running routine 5 from the AOM. Schedule is changing so will only be able to make it MWF in the week. planning a more organized food plan to go along with the new routine. More details to follow.

ionacht
09-10-12, 10:16 pm
Started a push/pull/legs routine today since my scheduled had to go to MWF. My grip and forearms were thoroughly abused and pumped by the end. Actually started the week with pulling since I felt I needed the extra energy coming off the weekend rest.

Deads
Shrugs
seated row
lat pulls
chest supported tbar rows
BB curls
cable crunches

all were 5x5, except abs, which were 5x10. Starting to see some physical evidence of lifting again. Its like a drug, just waiting for the next workout, the next big pump. Bumped my eating up as well. Working my body into a Farmers diet of sorts. Weighed in at 227# this morning. Should be pushing that up soon.

ionacht
09-15-12, 8:26 am
By the way my legs feel this morning, yesterday was a good leg day.
Squats
leg press
leg extensions
leg curls
standing calf raises

My quads are coming out nice, but I really need to put some extra time in on my hamstrings.

ionacht
09-17-12, 2:36 pm
Good Pull day today. My forarms and biceps have really been playing catch up since switching to a Push/Pull routine. This week I'm bumping my major lifts 5lb over last week. Deads were strong but started losing my grip on my last set of 5x5. I am improving my form which as helped while my lower back strength catches up. Now I am hoping this assault on my forearms will help pull my grip strength up. I may look into getting something like a Heavy Grip or something to help.

ionacht
09-19-12, 2:02 pm
Got legs in today. Weighted in at 232 this morning so happy with bulking progress so far.

ionacht
09-24-12, 9:51 pm
After a nice vacation in Dallas with my family, was ready for a good pull day this morning. Had a nice surprise at the gym in that they had a new bar out. Its a bit fatter than a standard bar so my grip got a hard workout. Still adding 5lbs a week to my deads in my 5x5 routine. Planning on a max effort day in a few weeks to see where I am. Lower back is starting to strengthen up so feeling stronger during my reps.

ionacht
09-28-12, 8:10 pm
How to top off leg day? Driving a stick in Houston rush hour traffic. I have a stage 2 clutch and my left leg was ready to fall off by the time I made it in. Good leg day though. Been going up 5# on squats each week like my deads, trying to make up for lost time. Tried a bit wider stance. Was comfortable but felt like I had a little more stress on my bum knee. Been working in good mornings and starting to notice the help. Three weeks into push/pull and really seeing results.

ionacht
11-01-12, 9:40 pm
Woah, its been awhile since I last posted. Still doing push pull and really liking it and the results. I have modified my structure a bit, with 3x3 on the big lifts and 5x5 on support lifts. been slacking a bit on my diet....still at about 237#. tomorrow's leg day so in for some fun.