PDA

View Full Version : ROAD TO THE OLYMPIA: Ox travels it again...

Universal Rep
09-05-12, 12:51 pm
We all take for granted that one of our own, Ox, is gonna compete at the greatest bodybuilding show around... Welp, mebbe not Ox himself. But he is as most of us know. An incredible accomplishment. Though I know winnin ain't everything for him, I do know that he's workin hard and trying to bring more to the table every year. Lets wish him the best as the show is now only mere weeks away.

And on a related note, who here wants to see the vid series again this from Animal?

Razor
09-05-12, 1:13 pm
We all take for granted that one of our own, Ox, is gonna compete at the greatest bodybuilding show around... Welp, mebbe not Ox himself. But he is as most of us know. An incredible accomplishment. Though I know winnin ain't everything for him, I do know that he's workin hard and trying to bring more to the table every year. Lets wish him the best as the show is now only mere weeks away.

And on a related note, who here wants to see the vid series again this from Animal?

Really looking forward to this series. Loved the last series Animal did for him.

Ozzy27
09-05-12, 2:02 pm
we all take for granted that one of our own, ox, is gonna compete at the greatest bodybuilding show around... Welp, mebbe not ox himself. But he is as most of us know. An incredible accomplishment. Though i know winnin ain't everything for him, i do know that he's workin hard and trying to bring more to the table every year. Lets wish him the best as the show is now only mere weeks away.

And on a related note, who here wants to see the vid series again this from animal?

Hell Yeah!!!

Bard of Rage
09-05-12, 2:45 pm
Good luck Ox and put the fear of god into em.

Jay
09-05-12, 2:50 pm
I've been looking forward to this since the end of the Arnold journey

mass3011
09-05-12, 3:24 pm
Should be great! I love ox's videos

J-Dawg
09-05-12, 3:32 pm
Good luck big Ox. Looking forward to some vids of your road to the O.

pkilcarr
09-05-12, 3:37 pm

Yeahhh down to see this vid series and goodluck at the O brotha!

World Eater
09-05-12, 4:05 pm
Would definitely love to see a couple of vids again.

Tbrat
09-05-12, 4:10 pm
Good luck Ox. Stoked to see how you finish and wish nothing but the best for you. Still so impressed that you take time out of your busy day (especially during contest prep for the biggest contest of your life) and help all of us here on the FORVM out.

ThatLittleMonster
09-05-12, 6:03 pm
Good luck OX, and yes another series please

A.B.E always Be Eatin!

SuperFlexSteve
09-05-12, 6:04 pm
Recent pics are lookin' good... should be one hell of a showing for Evan if he nails it!

Cranky
09-06-12, 7:18 am
Evan looked sick in those CT ABC pics, final product is gonna kill on the stage. Gotta have some vids to go along.

naturalguy
09-06-12, 8:33 am
Looking forward to this

naturalguy
09-06-12, 9:31 am
Here is Volume 1: Vanity

http://www.youtube.com/animalpak

kcburrows
09-06-12, 9:54 am
this is gonna be great. Saw his pics Ron took of him last week, and he is looking Jacked and peeled!

Universal Rep
09-06-12, 11:10 am
Here is Volume 1: Vanity

http://www.youtube.com/animalpak

"That last thing I ever seek to do is draw attention to myself... I just don't really enjoy the limelight so much... That's like me carrying a picture of myself in my wallet."

C.Coronato
09-06-12, 11:56 am
"That last thing I ever seek to do is draw attention to myself... I just don't really enjoy the limelight so much... That's like me carrying a picture of myself in my wallet."

Great quote.

G Diesel
09-06-12, 12:36 pm
The birthday party line was classic too.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
09-06-12, 12:51 pm
The birthday party line was classic too.

Peace, G

Hes lettin 'em fly this time around, haha...

papercut
09-06-12, 3:56 pm
Ox is a monster. and I love his mentality in this vid. I've got a whole new respect for him.

Ox
09-06-12, 7:31 pm
Thanks guys! As always, I appreciate all the support!

Christman
09-06-12, 8:28 pm
Can't wait to see more, love it.

SoChillBro
09-06-12, 9:01 pm
One of the most inspirational Bodybuilders in the game. From listening to him speak in The Cage at The Arnold Classic 2012 to the several video series he has out. It always puts me in the "Shut up and do it" mindset no matter what mood I'm in.

Best of Luck at the Olympia Ox

deanna7272
09-06-12, 9:20 pm
I'm so excited to see him up there in 2012... I will also echo SCB in saying that I love listening to Evan at The Cage... So impressed with his knowledge of the sport/nutrition and just the humbleness of his personality... It's great to see him come so far and there looks to be no end to his success in sight ....

Best of luck Evan and can't wait to follow your journey, again...

GRTGDN
09-07-12, 12:39 am
Looking forward to this series. The journey to the Arnold series was awesome. Good luck Evan! You're gonna kill it!!!

Jay
09-07-12, 7:34 pm
One of the most inspirational Bodybuilders in the game. From listening to him speak in The Cage at The Arnold Classic 2012 to the several video series he has out. It always puts me in the "Shut up and do it" mindset no matter what mood I'm in.

Best of Luck at the Olympia Ox

This video series is off to an awesome start..I always watch these to get in the mind set before the gym. I liked the comment about not wearing tight t shirts. So often you see people out and about wearing clothes they shouldnt.

Universal Rep
09-10-12, 9:58 am
I wuz reading a thread on another forum about this first vid from Ox. A fella was asking, how can Ox say wut he said about "vanity" and yet be a bodybuilder? There's a contradiction, no?

B.D.Smash
09-11-12, 12:44 am
After watching the Road to the Arnold series i'm looking forward to this. There was so much in there that i've put into practise in my own training and life and it was nothing short of the best kick in the arse i've had in a while.

Good Luck Ox.

Universal Rep
09-11-12, 9:47 am
After watching the Road to the Arnold series i'm looking forward to this. There was so much in there that i've put into practise in my own training and life and it was nothing short of the best kick in the arse i've had in a while.

Good Luck Ox.

I personally like the vids because they aint basic training vids. These vids give insight into the men who are BBers and and their philosophies on training, life, etc. This is the larger context the frames wut we do in the gym.

jrdn
09-12-12, 9:14 pm
Best of luck to you Ox! Your'e looking nasty big man. Looking forward to seeing you in Australia in October!

Universal Rep
09-13-12, 4:12 pm
Hopefully an update by this weekend...

Universal Rep
09-19-12, 9:48 am
Vol. 4, All Or Nothing now up... http://www.youtube.com/animalpak

Jay
09-19-12, 8:18 pm
Vol. 4, All Or Nothing now up... http://www.youtube.com/animalpak

Just sat down with some Slaughtermelon Rage to watch it now. Enjoyin this series, keep up the good work

B.C.
09-19-12, 8:34 pm
Just sat down with some Slaughtermelon Rage to watch it now. Enjoyin this series, keep up the good work

Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches these while sippin' the pre-workout. I love the perspective he provides in these vids...not to mention he works hard as hell...and that inspires me to do the same.

Universal Rep
09-24-12, 2:35 pm
Vol 5 is up and Vol 6 should be up this week...

MikeNice
09-24-12, 3:52 pm
I'll be honest. I've never been in to the sport of body building. Guys like Jay Cutler and Andy Haman always seemed over the top. There was too much alpha-dog machismo and vanity in there. I just couldn't feel it.

Ox on the other hand seems to be the antithesis to these guys. For the first time I have ever seen a body builder was being promoted as an everyday guy. Here was a man admitting to being human. The insecurities, the humility, it was all out there in black and white. For the first time a body builder inspired me. For the first time a body builder seemed to be just like me.

Ox is definitely bigger than me. He can out lift me. The thing is I could become just like him in the gym. He isn't a "genetic freak." He isn't Superman or some hack philosopher. He seems like a blue collar guy just fighting to survive his own demons and stress. That inspires me.

Ox, I hope you find whatever it is you're hoping to find at the Olympia. Whether you ant a win, motivation, or anything else, I'm backing you all the way. Good luck bro.

Universal Rep
09-25-12, 12:00 pm
I'll be honest. I've never been in to the sport of body building. Guys like Jay Cutler and Andy Haman always seemed over the top. There was too much alpha-dog machismo and vanity in there. I just couldn't feel it.

Ox on the other hand seems to be the antithesis to these guys. For the first time I have ever seen a body builder was being promoted as an everyday guy. Here was a man admitting to being human. The insecurities, the humility, it was all out there in black and white. For the first time a body builder inspired me. For the first time a body builder seemed to be just like me.

Ox is definitely bigger than me. He can out lift me. The thing is I could become just like him in the gym. He isn't a "genetic freak." He isn't Superman or some hack philosopher. He seems like a blue collar guy just fighting to survive his own demons and stress. That inspires me.

Ox, I hope you find whatever it is you're hoping to find at the Olympia. Whether you ant a win, motivation, or anything else, I'm backing you all the way. Good luck bro.

This is really a great point and its worth repeatin. I believe that BB is a great sport and a great sport that's made even greater when the athletes inspire each of us to become better men. I believe that great BBers are ultimately those who we can relate to and understand. Too often I think, the BB media portray the athletes as "superheroes" and even caricatures... While that might be eye-catching, how can we relate to that? Listen, the athletes all got to put their pants on one leg at a time. They are human. To see that side of the athletes, to get a glimpse of those struggles they go through, struggles that are like our struggles, makes them authentic, understandable and real. Ox is def that kinda athlete.

Universal Rep
09-25-12, 12:10 pm
The final installation, Vol. 6 Humility is up fellas on www.youtube.com/AnimalPak

World Eater
09-25-12, 1:06 pm
This is really a great point and its worth repeatin. I believe that BB is a great sport and a great sport that's made even greater when the athletes inspire each of us to become better men. I believe that great BBers are ultimately those who we can relate to and understand. Too often I think, the BB media portray the athletes as "superheroes" and even caricatures... While that might be eye-catching, how can we relate to that? Listen, the athletes all got to put their pants on one leg at a time. They are human. To see that side of the athletes, to get a glimpse of those struggles they go through, struggles that are like our struggles, makes them authentic, understandable and real. Ox is def that kinda athlete.
Spot on. That's what I think makes the Universal/Animal communities feel the way they do too. The athlethes are top notch and guys like Evan are definitely world class BBers... Hell, competing for Mr. Olympia and having the potential to place at least top 10 or top 5 means you're one of the BEST. Yet he seems so humble in the vids and up till a few weeks ago he just casually posted here, gave advice to some beginners, shared his ideas on food prep and recipes. That indeed gives ya someone you can relate you. Someone that seems part of his companies' community and someone that makes you feel like you are, too.

ionacht
09-25-12, 2:07 pm
Great series. Folks, these things go beyond the gym and right to every day life. That is what humbled me the most watching this series. I know people in the business world that are far more vain and conceited than any BB/PL/Strongman I have had privilege of meeting. Thanks to Animal and Ox for sharing on a personal level and continually inspiring us. Best of luck Ox.

Jay
09-26-12, 8:29 pm
Great video series as always. Sad to see it over with already.

deanna7272
09-30-12, 1:39 am
Congrats on your placing Evan... I personally had you higher, but... ;)

Enjoy and celebrate the past year's accomplishments and can't wait to see what's next!!! Much respect...

Solid Dreams
09-30-12, 1:43 am
I did too, but congrats Evan. Bigger and even better next year, man!

GUNZ
09-30-12, 12:08 pm
I thought Ox looked great, what a good 1st showing at the Mr. O!! Keep killing it man

Biggie973
09-30-12, 12:52 pm
Evan looked great. Next year, He'll be in the top 5. Great debut though.

Sprint
09-30-12, 1:42 pm
Well done on 8th, bro.

Puts into perspective Ronnie's debut, & what followed...

Adrenaline
09-30-12, 1:50 pm
Impressive as all hell Evan!!

Bard of Rage
10-01-12, 8:00 pm
Congrats on top ten man, keep it up!

Jay
10-01-12, 8:24 pm
Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches these while sippin' the pre-workout. I love the perspective he provides in these vids...not to mention he works hard as hell...and that inspires me to do the same.

Yep.. Always watch a video while sippin on rage or shock pre workout.

Cellardweller
10-01-12, 9:38 pm
Number 8 ... in the world!!! That's so awesome. You got nothing but time Evan. You'll be climbing that ladder to the top.