PDA

View Full Version : stack for bicycler

mtbracerx
09-16-12, 2:52 pm
Yep you read it right, bicycler. What products would you recommend for my training program to take me to the next level. My training consist of 2-3 hour rides during the week and races on weekend. Both road and mountain bike.

awayoflife
09-16-12, 4:33 pm
Yep you read it right, bicycler. What products would you recommend for my training program to take me to the next level. My training consist of 2-3 hour rides during the week and races on weekend. Both road and mountain bike.

Everybody can benefit from a multivitamin so Animal Pak is a good place to start, also some protein powder after your “training” is a good idea (look into Ultra Iso Whey or Ultra Whey Pro from Universal Nutrition) and aminos during your training (Universal Atomic 7 is delicious and works grate) and maybe a pre workout supplement like Animal Pump/Animal Rage/Universal Shock Therapy to give you a boost. These sups could help any athlete in any sport, so they probably will work for you as well.

PORTERHOUSE
09-16-12, 6:01 pm

Do you live in Colorado?

mtbracerx
09-16-12, 8:01 pm
live in new england (MA)

PORTERHOUSE
09-16-12, 10:06 pm
live in new england (MA)

haha ok, you should probably move to CO, I think they issue everyone a Trek upon residency.

MRmichael.hooker
09-17-12, 6:06 am
I'd recommend: Pak, Omega, Flex, and Torrent. Pak & Omega, for obvious reasons... they are the staples no matter what training, sport, diet. Flex to help keep all your joints, but especially knees, lubricated. And Torrent because you're a fucking cyclist. You're not the same "I need protein!!!" that most guys training w/ just weights on here need. You need fuckin carbs, and a lot of them for your training. Torrent would help you recover w/ a ton of amino acids, give you some hydrolyzed protein for your bloodstream immediately post riding, + 52g of extra carbs to add on top to i'm guessing a lot already in your diet.

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 9:28 am
I'd recommend: Pak, Omega, Flex, and Torrent. Pak & Omega, for obvious reasons... they are the staples no matter what training, sport, diet. Flex to help keep all your joints, but especially knees, lubricated. And Torrent because you're a fucking cyclist. You're not the same "I need protein!!!" that most guys training w/ just weights on here need. You need fuckin carbs, and a lot of them for your training. Torrent would help you recover w/ a ton of amino acids, give you some hydrolyzed protein for your bloodstream immediately post riding, + 52g of extra carbs to add on top to i'm guessing a lot already in your diet.

Great suggestions M! Pak, Omega and Flex are key for providing support in the areas of micro and macronutrients + extras (Pak), EFAs (Omega) and joint health (Flex). Throw in Torrent for post-training recovery and you're looking at a good stack for endurance athletes.

And I definitely agree with the extra carbs for performance. Something to look into for carbs would be our brother brand, SportPharma's Carb Max: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sport/carbmax.html

Great blend of fast and sustained released carbs plus electrolytes--important for keeping endurance athletes hydrated and glycogen levels sustained.

MRmichael.hooker
09-17-12, 9:32 am
Great suggestions M!

Appreciate it J! I tend to be a pretty big cycling fan actually, so first rule I know of eating for that style of training is not protein, but CARBS!!! lol

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 10:53 am
Appreciate it J! I tend to be a pretty big cycling fan actually, so first rule I know of eating for that style of training is not protein, but CARBS!!! lol

Yes--For performance sports carbs are key and should be more of a focal point than protein for sure!

Enforcer
09-18-12, 11:02 am

Id go with:

Animal Pak
Animal Omega
Animal Flex
Universal Atomic 7