PDA

View Full Version : BEST Article you will EVER Read!

Altered Beast
09-19-12, 5:00 pm
I'm laughing so hard I started tearing up! This is absolutely hilarious. Nothing I've read has ever made me laugh like this.

Dave Tate gets the ultimate revenge on all of the douchey, geeky, ***got personal trainers out there! This is what happens when a group of Powerlifters show up to a commercialized/Hardcore Gym =)

http://articles.elitefts.com/features/iron-brothers/sick-of-your-gym-part-4-the-gift/

This will brighten up your day, guaranteed!

Christman
09-19-12, 11:06 pm
That had me rolling, thanks!

Altered Beast
09-20-12, 10:32 am
That had me rolling, thanks!

No problem!

I hope everyone on here reads this!

MRmichael.hooker
09-20-12, 11:47 am
I read it. When he started describing Timmy, I started rollin because reminded me of a lot of the douchebag trainers at my gym

Adrenaline
10-07-12, 2:50 pm
hahaha! awesome article. i shared this with one of the guys i work with and he was lovin it too. timmy sounds like the typical personal trainer douche

braves561
10-07-12, 3:58 pm
sounds like they are a bunch of assholes, to be honest

TotalxWar
10-07-12, 5:19 pm
as much as i like elite fts, they sound like total douchebags in this story.
i hate trainers like the one described, but you really don't have to act like a retard when they try to help you.

TigerAce01
10-07-12, 7:58 pm
sounds like they are a bunch of assholes, to be honest

They are from Westside BB...it's kinda how all of them act. It's fucking hilarious hahaha

-Ace

braves561
10-07-12, 10:04 pm
They are from Westside BB...it's kinda how all of them act. It's fucking hilarious hahaha

-Ace

i know but still. its horrible to go into someone's work and degrade them while they are trying to make a living. just comes across shitty.

greatkeen
10-08-12, 1:30 am
i know but still. its horrible to go into someone's work and degrade them while they are trying to make a living. just comes across shitty.

though these personal trainers are mostly fooling around with people (not giving real advice) & their money, but still making fun of some one like that (described in the article) is just uncalled for... funny as it may be but still shitty...and nothing to boost about.

Altered Beast
10-08-12, 4:14 pm

-Ace

When you're the best at what you do and everyone knows it, you can do whatever the f*ck you want =)

Ease up, it's humorous and sets a standard that we all should follow. At least the trainer had the balls to hang around and finish the session, I'll give him credit for that.

though these personal trainers are mostly fooling around with people (not giving real advice) & their money, but still making fun of some one like that (described in the article) is just uncalled for... funny as it may be but still shitty...and nothing to boost about.

Read my response to brave above. If you're a serious lifter (like I am) you will totally understand and truly appreciate the intent and hidden meaning behind this.

DEADn
10-08-12, 5:54 pm
The article shows you the difference between those who are very focused in lifting and those who are out just to get fit and that is it. I think it is arrogant of those who are very focused to make fun of those who just look to get fit even if they want to be trendy in the process. Yeah, it is fun to make fun of them but becareful how far that 'bullying' thing ends up going.

Ironically, I think if some of those trendy people got themselves focused on their workout and found themselves looking like something they never thought they could I bet they would put in more effort into their workout and not worry about being 'trendy' but that is just my own opinion.

TigerAce01
10-08-12, 10:53 pm
When you're the best at what you do and everyone knows it, you can do whatever the f*ck you want =)

Ease up, it's humorous and sets a standard that we all should follow. At least the trainer had the balls to hang around and finish the session, I'll give him credit for that.

Read my response to brave above. If you're a serious lifter (like I am) you will totally understand and truly appreciate the intent and hidden meaning behind this.

Honestly...this guy Timmy probably learned more in this 1-2 hour session than in his entire personal training career. The guys were most likely just screwing around with him...not outright disrespecting him. Everyone needs to ease up and laugh at a funny ass story.

"Blue Heat stink palm!Blue Heat stink palm!"

-Ace

ionacht
10-09-12, 9:18 am
Many people want respect but only the truly respectable know how to give it. Sure we all chuckle at some of the gym trainers from time to time. Does it make me better than them that I think I can lift more, or know more? Not really. Consider this scenario: The guys in the story say, "you don't know what box squats are? Come on, we will show you some things you can use for your clients." They could have taught the guy a few things that he could have past on to others. Instead the trainer probably tells the story between sets to all his new customers about the a holes he had once that wore suits for 455# box squats.