PDA

View Full Version : back from overtraining and depression

ThickasabricK
09-27-12, 8:53 am
hey everyone, i havent been around since forever, i stopped training for 2 years due to overtraining and major depression. I've been through hard times, my cortisol was very high for 2 years, i took antidepressants, gained tons of fat and lost a lot of muscle and strength, i couldn't go up a flight of stairs without struggling so much that its sometimes overbearing...i am getting back to lifting, today marks 2 weeks on... im going to do about 6-8 more weeks of ''rehabilitation'' to myself, body and mind, me being an ISSA certified fitness trainer helps a lot too. wish me luck guys i really need the encouragement cs nobody around me encourage me for this crazy game...peace out.

this is me now : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=420787974636643&set=a.373684172680357.78427.370653206316787&type=1&theater

Hollow
09-27-12, 9:11 am
Great to hear you were able to overcome your problems ThickasabricK. Wishing you the very best on your journey!

TotalxWar
09-27-12, 9:58 am
Good to hear you beat that negative shit. Welcome back to the world of training!

ThickasabricK
09-27-12, 10:04 am
thanks guys i really appreciate the replies, im watching Ox's animal videos for some focus, training ideas and motivation, will keep everyone updated on my progress.

keep the replies coming tell me what you guys think about depression as a PHYSICAL illness in the CNS as well as overtraining which brought my cortisol so high and almost destroyed me body and mind...

bump.

100jan
09-29-12, 5:59 am
Do it brother... If you need some motivation or wisdom on mindset, there are tons of videos of Ox and Kai Greene. These two guys are masters of the mind. If there is anything I can do shoot a PM. Good luck in your journey!

ThickasabricK
09-29-12, 11:54 am
Do it brother... If you need some motivation or wisdom on mindset, there are tons of videos of Ox and Kai Greene. These two guys are masters of the mind. If there is anything I can do shoot a PM. Good luck in your journey!

thanks a ton bro, i am going to keep everyone updated on what i will be doing.

now i will do a ''conditioning'' phase i need to get a little bit cut cs my body fat is 25% which is pretty high, after that when the winter comes around here i will begin my bulk phase to get reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly big :P

the supplements that i will be using are quite simple, the pak ( the KING of supplements hehe) and a whey protein with BCAA's.

Im focusing on being patient and concentrated a lot, i am doing my lifts in immaculate form with good weight, good pump, definitely NO overtraining from now on stay away from that shit guys im telling you, you body can only take so much if you are not on performance enhancing drugs...

Im kind of re-learning how to lift now, the correct way. I got my fitness trainer certification which helped a lot of course and im watching the videos of the guys here on animal like frank and evan.

In the past it was just lifting like hell and hard...... now, i still lift hard BUT smart.
It was eating everything in sight ...... now, i still eat big but its much healthier and calculated.

in 2014 i am planning on competing and i have a long way to go.

thank u all, i'll keep in touch.

peace out.

100jan
09-29-12, 1:52 pm
thanks a ton bro, i am going to keep everyone updated on what i will be doing.

now i will do a ''conditioning'' phase i need to get a little bit cut cs my body fat is 25% which is pretty high, after that when the winter comes around here i will begin my bulk phase to get reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly big :P

the supplements that i will be using are quite simple, the pak ( the KING of supplements hehe) and a whey protein with BCAA's.

Im focusing on being patient and concentrated a lot, i am doing my lifts in immaculate form with good weight, good pump, definitely NO overtraining from now on stay away from that shit guys im telling you, you body can only take so much if you are not on performance enhancing drugs...

Im kind of re-learning how to lift now, the correct way. I got my fitness trainer certification which helped a lot of course and im watching the videos of the guys here on animal like frank and evan.

In the past it was just lifting like hell and hard...... now, i still lift hard BUT smart.
It was eating everything in sight ...... now, i still eat big but its much healthier and calculated.

in 2014 i am planning on competing and i have a long way to go.

thank u all, i'll keep in touch.

peace out.

Be smart, eat and train hard and keep the positive mindset ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4

Also, this can help you a lot!