PDA

View Full Version : Back at the 531

USN_Beast
09-28-12, 7:11 pm
Its been a while but im back at the Wendler 531. I was deployed to desert last year got back, moved to Va from Cali then they send me on another deployment this time on the boat. My training struggled and I put on a few lbs of BF, not to proud of that. Life is tough out here for training with the food we get so we rely a lot on supps and I want to thank Animal Pak for sending me a box of goodies today!

Current numbers are 325 bench, 415 squat, 475 dead, 180 shoulder press. Shooting for some bigger number and more muscle mass before cruise ends, I got time, this is a 9 month deployment.

-Stay strong!

MRmichael.hooker
09-28-12, 7:29 pm
sup man. Im def gonna follow along with this journey, being a fellow vet myself (Army). BUT, got nothing but respect for the Navy, was in Naval ROTC. Got good starting numbers bud, should put up some good weight following the 5/3/1. Ever done any powerlifting meets or just train for fun?

mritter3
09-28-12, 10:10 pm
Solid plan man..numbers are strong..531 will def bring em up....got nothing but respect for ya and all u do..makes me proud to be apart of the animal family when I hear they send out goodies to ya all...much luv man and def subbed!

widdlewade44
09-28-12, 10:16 pm
531 is the shit.

Good luck on your deployment.

Kick ass, take names and work hard in the gym. Stay safe brother, peace.

Kevin
Sgt '88-93
USMC
widdlewade44

USN_Beast
09-30-12, 2:36 pm
Thanks for the support all. I have competed in two PL comps, nothing crazy. I pulled a 600 Deadlift and a 505 squat. I am looking to get back to those numbers again.