PDA

View Full Version : Kind of stuck with something, need serious advice.

JamesBatten
09-29-12, 5:42 am
So this is my 87th day completely sober from rehab and I weighed a deathly 117 pounds at 6'1 when they weighed me in, with eating 3 full meals a day, I only reached back up to 123 before I got out! DISGUSTING I KNOW! But with consistently doing compound, full body workouts every other day with a HIGH calorie diet with of course (plenty of high carbs and protein) at my hometown gym, I've gotten up to 145 pounds of solid muscle which even though I'm still a small guy, I take pride in that with only 2 and a half months under my belt. I swear by Animal Stak along with Animal pump (even though I'm not the biggest fan of BSN anymore, I still use their cell mass on my off days because I still have the rest of my tub I bought before trying animal products and it works quite well, not sure if that's blasphemy to say here, but I do plan on trying out more of the line of animal to see what helps best pack on the muscle). I'm pretty sure there have been other skinny guys or "Hard-gainers" even though to me, everyone is a hard-gainer in the gym, have gotten to a point where putting on weight started to plateau. I'm still REALLY slowly rising in weight and need some advice on this situation I'm in cause I'm lifting with correct posture and getting stronger but not really seeing it unfold as much as I should be. HERE'S WHERE IT ALL COMES DOWN TO! From using ssri's (anti-depressants) along with benzo's which WERE prescribed to me since I was 17 and have took them regulary since then (I am 25 now), my testosterone levels have been lowered. I can feel it all over as well (a lot sexually as which is REALLY embarrassing and hard to explain to my girlfriend at times). Stak and Pump together helped me add 7 pounds solid and quickly and an extra 20 pounds on the bench in the first week. I was wondering about TEST and M-STAK (People who have personally tried it themselves). I've heard a lot of bashing on the M-Stak saying it doesn't compare to just the original recipe of Stak and I was wondering if any other hardgainers had some success with this, or with my testosterone problem all in general, should I stick with another round of Stak and add TEST to see if that gives it that extra boost? The only reason I need some info is because TEST is pretty expensive considering you need to run two cans. And I'm not going to bullshit you all, I'm only two and a half months into this and could use some all together PERSONAL replies and help because well......since I've gotten out, the weight room is my FAVORITE outlet of them all. I can get out all my aggression of whatever life and cravings come my way. So if anyone has any advice, all would be extremely helpful. - future animal ;) - pete

JamesBatten
09-29-12, 7:01 am
I just realized I didn't post this in Paks which would have been more appropriate. Sorry about that.

ionacht
09-29-12, 8:38 am
Welcome aboard. Glad to hear your finding the gym a good outlet. I would recommend throwing your diet up here if your having a hard time with gaining. I suck at dieting and generally eat anything and everything I can get my hands on when trying to bulk. But lots of knowledge on here and I am sure you will get quality advice on that. I respond well to Stak but have not tried Test yet. Personally,I have found that using big compound lifts help with hormone levels, judging from the comments my wife has made :-) There is better science behind it than that though if you look. So throw some heavy deads and squats in if your not already. one thing I would mention is if your on any meds right now, I would recommend running any new sups by your doc. That way you can both make informed decisions. Best of luck. Throw up a Journey thread and we can keep up with your progress.

Sandman
09-29-12, 5:38 pm
First off congrats on getting sober, and congrats on the progress you already made. As far a Test and M-Stak go the are both great products. I notice a significant gain in energy and libido from taking Test as well as good strength gains. M-Stak is probably in my Top 3 favorite supps the trick with M-stack is make sure you have plenty off food on hand. Since its a nutrient partitioner, your body makes much better use of your food so you get a pretty big increase in appitite. I like to just run 2 cans of M-stack by themselves. If your looking for a good weight gainer Real Gains is the way to go. Best of luck

JamesBatten
09-30-12, 7:24 am
Welcome aboard. Glad to hear your finding the gym a good outlet. I would recommend throwing your diet up here if your having a hard time with gaining. I suck at dieting and generally eat anything and everything I can get my hands on when trying to bulk. But lots of knowledge on here and I am sure you will get quality advice on that. I respond well to Stak but have not tried Test yet. Personally,I have found that using big compound lifts help with hormone levels, judging from the comments my wife has made :-) There is better science behind it than that though if you look. So throw some heavy deads and squats in if your not already. one thing I would mention is if your on any meds right now, I would recommend running any new sups by your doc. That way you can both make informed decisions. Best of luck. Throw up a Journey thread and we can keep up with your progress.

Thanks man and yea, I'm slacking right now with my profile and what not, working and trying to manage my sobriety as key is a job in itself. Shall be done. Right now I'm trying to take in about 1 1/2 grams of protein and good carbs. per pound of body weight and partaking in meal advice with darker meats, tons of tuna fish, pasta, etc. (basically the main foods you hear of when stacking the pounds that I can make in large quantities in the beginning of the week). And I'm not going to lie to you, this week I start extra with lower body because I'm not ignoring them, just not pushing myself as hard as I focus on upper because skinny legs run in my family (tons of bodybuilders still argue to this day if its genetics and what have you).

JamesBatten
09-30-12, 7:29 am
First off congrats on getting sober, and congrats on the progress you already made. As far a Test and M-Stak go the are both great products. I notice a significant gain in energy and libido from taking Test as well as good strength gains. M-Stak is probably in my Top 3 favorite supps the trick with M-stack is make sure you have plenty off food on hand. Since its a nutrient partitioner, your body makes much better use of your food so you get a pretty big increase in appitite. I like to just run 2 cans of M-stack by themselves. If your looking for a good weight gainer Real Gains is the way to go. Best of luck

Thanks as well! I've heard great things about real gains...the only thing that stopped me is because the couple that I HAVE tried seem to cut into my natural calorie intake...I felt hungry, but at times, couldn't push any food in without feeling sick. The only other problem I have is how much cholesterol is packed in each shake...I know a lot of it is good but they tend to have a ridiculous amount that cant be good for any size person but I'm probably going to try again now that my body is getting more use to digesting powdered supplements.

Medford
09-30-12, 5:53 pm
first things first, get some solid recovery. then, food food food and more food with your training. can't stand all that food, do some shakes. you can take your shakes to meetings, rather than a cup of coffee. as long as your recovery is first, everything else will fall into place.