PDA

View Full Version : Simple & delicious scrambled eggs

MRmichael.hooker
09-30-12, 10:19 am
Alright, eating a shit load of eggs/eggwhites suck. First couple weeks, you're like "oh, this isn't that bad". But eating 12 egg whites, everyday, for months, sucks. There's only so much you can do (dieting wise) to eggs and keep your macros in check. Something I just ate, and was delicious:

Hot sauce
Black pepper
Salsa

Just get the eggs nice & scrambled, and before they are done, throw in all the ingriedents and stir it up nicely. Make sure to leave it in until the salsa gets nice and warm. My new fav way to choke down a dozen egg whites

GUNZ
09-30-12, 12:06 pm
Alright, eating a shit load of eggs/eggwhites suck. First couple weeks, you're like "oh, this isn't that bad". But eating 12 egg whites, everyday, for months, sucks. There's only so much you can do (dieting wise) to eggs and keep your macros in check. Something I just ate, and was delicious:

Hot sauce
Black pepper
Salsa

Just get the eggs nice & scrambled, and before they are done, throw in all the ingriedents and stir it up nicely. Make sure to leave it in until the salsa gets nice and warm. My new fav way to choke down a dozen egg whites

Salsa is the way to go!! love that stuff on egg whites

Adrenaline
09-30-12, 1:48 pm
That helps for sure! If you get sick of this new method, try this. Remember, 12 whites = 36g protein. Also, 1.5 cups of pasteurized liquid whites = roughly the same amount of protein. So when you stumble into the kitchen homey, throw some ice cubes into the blender, liquid whites, oats, crystal light, and whatever else you need.

warg
09-30-12, 5:27 pm
Believe it or not, but i noticed that mixing some oats with my eggs makes a huge difference.
I blend the eggs and oats together then fry it like pancake, sometimes I also add some vanilla powder.

rainman
10-01-12, 12:01 pm
I'll certainly be trying the salsa. I've been using Frank's Redhot for the past couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip.

Hollow
10-01-12, 12:13 pm
Meh, it might not be for lifters trying to limit/watch their intake but I found adding peanutbutter to scrambled eggs helps break up the monotony of eating plain eggs.

mritter3
10-01-12, 4:40 pm
Been using salsa in my eggs for years...love that shit

In Flames
10-01-12, 10:14 pm
I just drink liquid egg whites. Odorless, cheap and tasteless. Sometimes I'll do what someone already mentioned. Pour 8-10oz in a blender w/ ice, 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter, quick oats, add some chocolate syrup/ovaltine...and there's breakfast in no time. I live off shakes, I only eat one meal a day and the rest is shakes for me. I follow pretty much the warrior diet, excluding my shakes I get in for protein. But this works for my goals and my body, I'm a model not a bodybuilder or powerlifter haha.

MikeNice
10-02-12, 7:57 am
An easy recipe that I eat nearly every morning.

1 - Jose Ole Extreme Wellness Tomato Basil Tortilla
1 - Slice No Fat Borden Pepper Jack Cheese
1 - Single Serving of Sandwich Ham
2 - Whole Eggs

Warm the Tortilla in a medium sized pan. Pull it out and throw in the ham to warm. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash or similar seasoning. Pull the ham and place it on the tortilla. Cover the ham with the slice of no fat cheese. Scramble or fry two whole eggs. When eggs are done place them on top of the cheese. Roll up your breakfast burrito and enjoy.

318 calories, 18 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, 32.6 grams of protein.

Occasionally I will put a teaspoon of tomato salsa, verde salsa, or some spicy mustard on there. It is filling and will stick with you for hours.

MRmichael.hooker
10-02-12, 9:03 am
An easy recipe that I eat nearly every morning.

1 - Jose Ole Extreme Wellness Tomato Basil Tortilla
1 - Slice No Fat Borden Pepper Jack Cheese
1 - Single Serving of Sandwich Ham
2 - Whole Eggs

Warm the Tortilla in a medium sized pan. Pull it out and throw in the ham to warm. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash or similar seasoning. Pull the ham and place it on the tortilla. Cover the ham with the slice of no fat cheese. Scramble or fry two whole eggs. When eggs are done place them on top of the cheese. Roll up your breakfast burrito and enjoy.

318 calories, 18 grams of fat, 22 grams of carbs, 32.6 grams of protein.

Occasionally I will put a teaspoon of tomato salsa, verde salsa, or some spicy mustard on there. It is filling and will stick with you for hours.

That'd be nice, but, my diet calls for 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and .75C oats lol.

Christman
10-02-12, 1:48 pm
That'd be nice, but, my diet calls for 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and .75C oats lol.

Toss all of that in a blender and cook it like a pancake. It might be a little dry but it change it up a little bit for you. Every once in a while I'll make a few of these when I know I will not have much time in the mornings so I can grab it and eat it on the go.

MRmichael.hooker
10-02-12, 2:56 pm
Toss all of that in a blender and cook it like a pancake. It might be a little dry but it change it up a little bit for you. Every once in a while I'll make a few of these when I know I will not have much time in the mornings so I can grab it and eat it on the go.

You missed the thread title, 'delicious scrambled eggs' lol. I don't mind eating them at all w/ the salsa & hot sauce

Christman
10-02-12, 3:30 pm
You missed the thread title, 'delicious scrambled eggs' lol. I don't mind eating them at all w/ the salsa & hot sauce

Ah haha, ya got me there... Ok, add some splenda and you're good.