PDA

View Full Version : Chuck's Journey to the 2013 Warrior Classic

Chuckkah
10-01-12, 12:02 am
I started out my journey over 2 years ago in high school. The moment I said in the doctor's office, asking him about my weight. His light laugh followed by, "Yes. You are obese". That is where my life changed. I started lifting weights because I knew people did it when they lost weight. That was it. But it's become so much more.

I got my gym membership that summer. I started lifting weights and not really knowing what I was doing, but knowledge came with experience. I started reading on bodybuilding.com and that started to consume all of my life. Workouts, nutrition, supplements, that became my life.

This summer I decided to start bodybuilding. I had always been interested in it, but I thought people would never take me serious when I said I wanted to be a bodybuilder. Interest became research, and that research is what I do when I'm not eating or in the gym.

Right now I'm part of Tom Fullers "Ripped as hell" contest on bodybuilding.com. After that ends (on Nov. 5th) I'm going to start bulking for the Warrior Classic. I've always had trouble losing weight, so I'm going to block out a good 16 weeks for my cut. I want to do a couple more shows before the Warrior Classic so my first show is going to be the GNC Championships in Pueblo, CO. This way I can bulk for a solid 3 months and then still have enough time to be as lean as possible for the Warrior Classic.

I'm going to journal through the end of the Hellraiser Contest and then I'll keep journaling until I'm at the Final Contest. It should be somewhere around August 18th, so that means I'm just over 46 weeks out (lol) but I have to start counting sometime. Every Day I'll post my routine, calories, macros, how I'm feeling, etc.

Chuckkah
10-02-12, 2:48 pm
Today was Leg Day.

AM Fasted Cardio: Stairmaster for 20 Minutes

Squats: 1 Warmup, 2 sets of 8, 1 max set
Single Leg Press: 4 Sets (HRT Style) 8+6
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift: 4 sets of 12

Tire Flips/Sledgehammer Work for cardio

My food:

Before Cardio: Animal Cuts

Meal 1: 8 Egg whites/1 Egg 1 Cup Milk, and the Pak

Meal 2 (Pre-Workout): 2 Scoops Universal Whey, 1 Scoop of Carbo Plus

Meal 3 (Post): 8 Egg Whites, 1 Egg, 1/4 cup oats, Animal Cuts

Meal 4: 8 oz. Chicken, 1/4 Cup Rice

Meal 5: 8 oz Chicken, 1/4 Cup Rice

Meal 6: 8 oz Flounder, 1 Cup Broccoli

Overall I feel pretty good. I've been down around 75g carbs for a couple weeks so my body is adapting to it, but I'm pretty sure Rage is gonna drop it even lower. Other then that I'm ready for the rest of this week.

MikeNice
10-02-12, 3:22 pm
That is a great goal man. It is a good story too. I'm subbed to find out how it all goes down.

Chuckkah
10-02-12, 3:35 pm
That is a great goal man. It is a good story too. I'm subbed to find out how it all goes down.

Thanks man. Do you compete?

MikeNice
10-02-12, 4:36 pm
Nah, I'm trying to get in shape for the Police Officer's Physical Agility Test. I've got it all on lock except the situps. You aren't allowed to brace your feet. I have a long way to go before I can knock out forty. It seems that two minute planks and wood chops don't translate in to sit ups. lol

I just love to see stories like yours. I went from 240lbs to 197. So, I know what it feels like to realize you're obese and in danger. My doc wanted me to start getting semi-annual physicals at 30. I said to myself, "fuck this." So, when I see other peeps coming from the same background I like to see what they do. Maybe I can learn something, maybe I can help motivate, either way I'm going to be cheering.

Chuckkah
10-02-12, 4:51 pm
Nah, I'm trying to get in shape for the Police Officer's Physical Agility Test. I've got it all on lock except the situps. You aren't allowed to brace your feet. I have a long way to go before I can knock out forty. It seems that two minute planks and wood chops don't translate in to sit ups. lol

I just love to see stories like yours. I went from 240lbs to 197. So, I know what it feels like to realize you're obese and in danger. My doc wanted me to start getting semi-annual physicals at 30. I said to myself, "fuck this." So, when I see other peeps coming from the same background I like to see what they do. Maybe I can learn something, maybe I can help motivate, either way I'm going to be cheering.

Yeah me too man. It was crazy how in that one moment it all clicked. I knew I needed to lose weight no doubt. But it just changed everything. I found out that I had really high blood pressure and I was only 16. I didn't want to live like that, even die like that or because of that.

Knowing people like you that have came from that is awesome to me. It took a lot for me to drop to where I was, and I can't even imagine how hard it was for someone to lose even more. It inspires me to see people change. Like to see something that shows that they could potentially die from something and, like you, just say, "Fuck that" and change their lives. Did you set up a log on here?

MikeNice
10-02-12, 7:13 pm
Yeah, I've got a log going. The numbers aren't very impressive. I've been pretty much doing cardio up until about two months ago. I just started pushing for gains. Before I started up it had been at least a decade since I had been consistently active.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?39523-The-Journey-Never-Ends

Chuckkah
10-06-12, 12:53 pm
Awesome man I'll check it out.

I've been stuck in all kinds of shit so I haven't been able to get on here. But the past few days haven't been too bad. I've been getting my cardio in, doing everything I need to. I feel like I'm finally getting my form locked in on deadlifts.

Other than that I'm doing pretty great. I feel great too.