PDA

View Full Version : Strongman Gym in South Jersey?

JdKong79
10-02-12, 12:04 am
Looking to get into strongman competitions, and need a place to train. Currently living in Swedesboro, deep in South Jerz. Strongman would be a new path for me so appreciate any info. Thanks brothas

HIGA MONSTER
10-02-12, 9:34 am
Looking to get into strongman competitions, and need a place to train. Currently living in Swedesboro, deep in South Jerz. Strongman would be a new path for me so appreciate any info. Thanks brothas
You may wanna PM Shukin or Mattman33 on the FORVM.

Shukin lives down by Atlantic City though...but maybe they can shed some light. I will let them know too.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

JdKong79
10-02-12, 10:08 am
yea AC is about 25 min from me....Will def hit them up,,appreciate the info Higa

Big Wides
10-02-12, 10:35 am
try powerliftingwatch.com it's been a while since I was on the site but I believe that they have gym listings on there and you could call up some of them to see if they are strongman friendly

JdKong79
10-02-12, 10:56 am
try powerliftingwatch.com it's been a while since I was on the site but I believe that they have gym listings on there and you could call up some of them to see if they are strongman friendly

Nice ill check that out as well

G Diesel
10-02-12, 11:18 am
I'm originally from that area, and while I train in Brigantine when I'm back home, I think Oceanside in P'Ville/EHT is one of the best equipped gyms anywhere, not only for bodybuilding/powerlifting/cardio, but also for strongman training and sports specific stuff. Very impressive gym. Used to be one of the most grimy, hardcore gyms on the East Coast, then they shut it down for like a decade, moved and reemerged as a fitness mega-facility.

Peace, G

JdKong79
10-02-12, 6:49 pm
I'm originally from that area, and while I train in Brigantine when I'm back home, I think Oceanside in P'Ville/EHT is one of the best equipped gyms anywhere, not only for bodybuilding/powerlifting/cardio, but also for strongman training and sports specific stuff. Very impressive gym. Used to be one of the most grimy, hardcore gyms on the East Coast, then they shut it down for like a decade, moved and reemerged as a fitness mega-facility.

Peace, G

Appreciate the info G...I met you at the jersey shore abc I came up with Josh Halladay. I also work at the same school as P, he's the one that suggested asking on the forum about finding strongman gym. Anyway appreciate the help bud

1JFS3
10-09-12, 7:16 pm
yo im from Sewell, went to high school in Mullica Hill which is about 10 from swedesboro. Most raw gym I ever saw around there was Atilis Gym in Wildwood

JdKong79
10-09-12, 9:03 pm
yo im from Sewell, went to high school in Mullica Hill which is about 10 from swedesboro. Most raw gym I ever saw around there was Atilis Gym in Wildwood

no shit, i'm from blackwood, went to twp just moved down here like 2 months ago....yea i heard good things about that place...way too much of hike to make that trip thou. even the gym G mentioned is far...thinking iron sport is my best bet

Shukin
10-09-12, 10:53 pm
no shit, i'm from blackwood, went to twp just moved down here like 2 months ago....yea i heard good things about that place...way too much of hike to make that trip thou. even the gym G mentioned is far...thinking iron sport is my best bet

Like I said in the pm, Iron Sport is your best bet bro, talk with Steve Pulcinella and he will set you straight. He's got a crew of guys there that train for strongman comps.

1JFS3
10-09-12, 11:40 pm
noo shit, small world. but yeah thats a hike, hell of a gym though

Aggression
10-10-12, 8:58 am

Peace, G

Oceanside is where I had a powerlifting meet, I believe. Great gym. LOTS of awesome stuff to fuck around with. Very versatile.

Atilis is more of a 'bodybuilders' gym. I've trained there before. Awesome place right by the beach. But as far as strongman training equipment, they don't have much.

G Diesel
10-10-12, 9:14 am
Like I said in the pm, Iron Sport is your best bet bro, talk with Steve Pulcinella and he will set you straight. He's got a crew of guys there that train for strongman comps.

Have you trained at Oceanside yet? Very impressive place.

I like Iron Sport, though. Definitely a great gym, regardless of your specific training discipline.

Peace, G

Shukin
10-10-12, 10:01 am
Have you trained at Oceanside yet? Very impressive place.

I like Iron Sport, though. Definitely a great gym, regardless of your specific training discipline.

Peace, G

Not yet, Pulcinella recommended it to me. Perhaps we can meet there mid week some time G.
JdKong79 lives about 24mins/miles I forget witch from Iron Sport that is why I suggest he goes there, if he was farther south I would hook up with him at oceanside.

skibasgym
02-19-13, 10:51 am
Simply a powerlifters dream,that has the appropriate equiptment for astrongman training.
Skibs
exit 12 carteret nj
732-598-9369

G Diesel
02-19-13, 11:07 am
Not yet, Pulcinella recommended it to me. Perhaps we can meet there mid week some time G.
JdKong79 lives about 24mins/miles I forget witch from Iron Sport that is why I suggest he goes there, if he was farther south I would hook up with him at oceanside.

I don't live down that way full time anymore, Shukin, so mid-week would be tough. I have some buddies who train at Oceanside, as well as at the series of Island Gyms in Atlantic County, but I would feel like I'm a sellout if I train anywhere but the BFC when I'm back home.

Simply a powerlifters dream,that has the appropriate equiptment for astrongman training.
Skibs
exit 12 carteret nj
732-598-9369

One of the best places to be if you have a pure, unadulterated love for the weights on a basic, primal level... Skiba's is a joy if you love to train.

Peace, G