PDA

View Full Version : Deload for a meet

MRmichael.hooker
10-04-12, 1:54 pm
Sup bros. My buddy was actually asking me this ?, and I didn't know the answer, so thought i'd share it on here (trying to get him to signup as well). He's going into his 1st ever push/pull meet, and next week will be his deload week b4 the meet. Is there a certain % of your 1MR you follow for a deload the week before a meet? His 1mr is about 385/dead and 245/bench.

Aggression
10-04-12, 2:13 pm
I benched 325 in my last meet. Heading into that meet, my previous PR was 310. I think I did a few sets of one rep with 225 during my deload week. Squat may have been 275 or something (410/425 squat max). I don't think there's a certain percentage that you need to be using for a deload. Just get in there and use weight that provides actual effort and that's it.

MRmichael.hooker
10-04-12, 3:01 pm
I benched 325 in my last meet. Heading into that meet, my previous PR was 310. I think I did a few sets of one rep with 225 during my deload week. Squat may have been 275 or something (410/425 squat max). I don't think there's a certain percentage that you need to be using for a deload. Just get in there and use weight that provides actual effort and that's it.

Appreciate the response man. Ya, wasn't sure if there was a % people used, Thanks again

Nix0r
10-04-12, 3:04 pm
If the meet is on a Saturday, I would maybe go in on Monday and Tuesday, and do some light sets with like 135 and prehab work, and that's it. That's how I've handled the week before a meet.

Big Wides
10-04-12, 3:13 pm
the week prior to a meet i will do very little work, and the work I do is based on getting the form down correctly and blood flow into the muscles. Now the week of the meet, I don't do shit. I sit around and either deplete or start the carb up process leading into the show. I've found this method has worked well in the past, and everyone is different.

P Diesel
10-04-12, 8:54 pm
when im coaching my kids, we do core and openers 3 days prior, then rest

P