PDA

View Full Version : First Meet Experience

tomysaw
10-07-12, 1:07 am
This last Saturday i competed in my first raw sanctioned meet. It was a 100% raw push/pull meet. I had never done something like this before and it was a really good experience. I stepped on the scales at 197.6(after a little dehydration the night before to get there) in the teen 18-19 division. I knew my bench press was going to be much lower than what i have done before, so I started low. I opened with a 281 bench. After a good 3 second pause because i raised my head off the bench some(?) i pushed it out pretty well. My next two attempts were 292 and 304, I didnt get either of them. but it was a good learning experience on how to benhc will the Eleiko plates and a reef telling me when to press. After bench we moved into the deadlift. I started with a 502 deadlift and simply stroked it. My next lift was 540 which to me seemed pretty easy. I attempted 584 for my third lift which was an american record. I missed this lift, simply couldnt budge the lockout. My videos arent to good, and I have a lot more to learn on form. But none the less I walked out with a win. Ill post a video up later. Im going to move back up to the 220 over the next couple months and do another meet, hopefully a full squat, bench, deadlift meet this time. Any thoughts just post them up. I love the feedback, and it can only help.

On a side note! You can guarantee I was reppin the Animal shirt all the way through!

TotalxWar
10-07-12, 12:57 pm
sounds like a good time! i'm pumped to see the videos!

deanna7272
10-07-12, 1:43 pm
Great job... Nice first time experience... Gotta start somewhere, right???

tomysaw
10-07-12, 2:24 pm
Great job... Nice first time experience... Gotta start somewhere, right???

That's right! You have to start somewhere or it'll never happen!

C.Coronato
10-08-12, 9:48 am
Thats great bro. Congrats. I did my first meet back in January, and ill do my next this January. Both Raw 220 class. Looking forward to it!

tomysaw
10-08-12, 1:24 pm
What were your results bro? Maybe one day well getti compete on the same platform.

JustJ
10-08-12, 1:35 pm
I'm assuming you meant first raw meet? I see you have single ply numbers listed in your sig

P Diesel
10-08-12, 9:19 pm
Thats great bro. Congrats. I did my first meet back in January, and ill do my next this January. Both Raw 220 class. Looking forward to it!

i will b doing the same meet

P

P Diesel
10-08-12, 9:20 pm
This last Saturday i competed in my first raw sanctioned meet. It was a 100% raw push/pull meet. I had never done something like this before and it was a really good experience. I stepped on the scales at 197.6(after a little dehydration the night before to get there) in the teen 18-19 division. I knew my bench press was going to be much lower than what i have done before, so I started low. I opened with a 281 bench. After a good 3 second pause because i raised my head off the bench some(?) i pushed it out pretty well. My next two attempts were 292 and 304, I didnt get either of them. but it was a good learning experience on how to benhc will the Eleiko plates and a reef telling me when to press. After bench we moved into the deadlift. I started with a 502 deadlift and simply stroked it. My next lift was 540 which to me seemed pretty easy. I attempted 584 for my third lift which was an american record. I missed this lift, simply couldnt budge the lockout. My videos arent to good, and I have a lot more to learn on form. But none the less I walked out with a win. Ill post a video up later. Im going to move back up to the 220 over the next couple months and do another meet, hopefully a full squat, bench, deadlift meet this time. Any thoughts just post them up. I love the feedback, and it can only help.

On a side note! You can guarantee I was reppin the Animal shirt all the way through!

good lookin reppin ANIMAL homey, u did us proud. and despite the outcome, allllways take sumthin away. u will leave a stronger competitor

P

tomysaw
10-08-12, 11:30 pm
I'm assuming you meant first raw meet? I see you have single ply numbers listed in your sig

Well I had done powerlifting in high school, iI just graduated this last may 2012. This was the first time I had ever competed in a raw meet, or any meet for that matter outside of high school. But the numbers in my sig were my PR's in a single ply squat suit, and wraps on the squat(I love my centurion). I haven't Put it on since the state championship in march. I've been working on lowering my body fat, while increasing my lifts raw. Im going to get back in my suit once I get my lifts up high enough

tomysaw
10-08-12, 11:32 pm
good lookin reppin ANIMAL homey, u did us proud. and despite the outcome, allllways take sumthin away. u will leave a stronger competitor

P

Hey, I won, but your right, I will always be better. Lookin forward to increasing my bodyweight and pushing some real numbers rather than trying like hell to stay under 200 for that meet. Ill be pushing some weight once I get back to about 215. It's to hard being 198 when your over 6 foot, lol.

tomysaw
10-08-12, 11:33 pm

P

Which meet is it, Ill try to see if I cant go to it.

C.Coronato
10-09-12, 8:53 am
What were your results bro? Maybe one day well getti compete on the same platform.

That would be great bro, my numbers:

DL -- 600lbs
Bench -- 405lbs
Squat -- 510lbs

Here is the video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gtWJygGZuk&list=UUumxTaWJ7n5A1wMi9c3tgqA&index=9&feature=plcp

Post yours up !!

P

Ya buddy!!

Which meet is it, Ill try to see if I cant go to it.

Its January 26 & 27, 2013

RPS North American Championships &
2013 New Jersey State Power lifting Championships

tomysaw
10-09-12, 9:17 am
That would be great bro, my numbers:

DL -- 600lbs
Bench -- 405lbs
Squat -- 510lbs

Here is the video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gtWJygGZuk&list=UUumxTaWJ7n5A1wMi9c3tgqA&index=9&feature=plcp

Post yours up !!

Ya buddy!!

Its January 26 & 27, 2013

RPS North American Championships &
2013 New Jersey State Power lifting Championships

For sure some solid numbers man, let me get my weight up and train my bench some more, looks like I have some competition! I'll do everything I can to be there!

GUNZ
10-09-12, 10:19 am

Great job on your first meet!! Thats a solid pull, keep working that bench and make sure to do all your accessory work off boards and stuff with pauses. The meet pause will get you if your not use to it. Either way thats a solid first meet, and hit me up if you need any bench tips or help.

JustJ
10-09-12, 11:39 am
Well I had done powerlifting in high school, iI just graduated this last may 2012. This was the first time I had ever competed in a raw meet, or any meet for that matter outside of high school. But the numbers in my sig were my PR's in a single ply squat suit, and wraps on the squat(I love my centurion). I haven't Put it on since the state championship in march. I've been working on lowering my body fat, while increasing my lifts raw. Im going to get back in my suit once I get my lifts up high enough

Gotcha. Strong numbers for both. Be glad you started so young.

tomysaw
10-09-12, 12:40 pm
Gotcha. Strong numbers for both. Be glad you started so young.

I am, that's for sure. I used to have football and other sports that took my time up. Now all I have is lifting, and I'm definitely looking forward to some big numbers one day!

P Diesel
10-09-12, 9:07 pm
Hey, I won, but your right, I will always be better. Lookin forward to increasing my bodyweight and pushing some real numbers rather than trying like hell to stay under 200 for that meet. Ill be pushing some weight once I get back to about 215. It's to hard being 198 when your over 6 foot, lol.

ive felt ur pain young brotha, im all of 6'5

P

tomysaw
10-09-12, 9:47 pm
ive felt ur pain young brotha, im all of 6'5

P

I'm a low teens bodyfat. Prolly between 10 and 13. That's what calipers have said at least. So I'm hoping to be 220 and about the same percentage a year from now. Maybe even lower. I've always been good pound for pound, but I feel like keeping solid will help me stay stronger compared to others in my weight class. As appose to just packing on weight on my frame.