PDA

View Full Version : Why does not my strength help me to raise up the weights?

falmer1946
10-08-12, 3:29 pm
Hi Animals...I'm Eddie...I followed this forum for a long time.
I'm sorry for my english, i'm italian and I try to write without too many errors.

So...the point is simple: now it's only a year I began to lift weights seriously.
I started with a coach who trained me for 6 months with crossfit, power and olympic lifting.
As many crossfitters, I ate mostly pale, i tried lowcarb-highfat; carbs only from veggies and fruit
and low fat, i tried to stay high in protein and low too. I lashed out too many moneys in supps
sometimes with a few results.
Anyway I never went down with bf% 15-14, increase my weight only with 2 kg.
Start at 74 kg (165 lb), i'm 5'9" (1.78 mt)
I think is due to the raise of cortisol for crossfit wods and low carb for a long time.
From March 2012, my coach decided to change the workouts and to begin a hypertrophy routine.
I reintroduced massive carbs from oats, rice, potato ( from my fields).
Now i'm 82 kg with same bf% maybe little more 17%, i think.
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Falmer1946/ (here some photos)
I started september a mini program of 3 weeks for strength supposing these max:
Deadlift 150 kg - Squat 135 - Bench 100 - Clean&Jerk 85 kg - Snatch 70
I did for 2 weeks after the session 30 mins of liss...and try to eat less to get low the bf%.
I felt very tired along the day and I had to reduce the weights from 10 to 15 kilos per exercise.

And now??? Today I checked out the maximals, I had to reduce one more time to focus on
technique and tomorrow I'm starting with Sheiko #29. But I want to raise up my weights!
I don't accept this defeat!
Now, my macros are: 180-200 P; 200-220 C (i dont count veggies expect pumpkin); 50-60 fat.

My goals? I know that for me staying very lean is difficult, because i must eat too much less
i don't want for two reason: i'm a fucking man not a pussy and I prefer to be massive with more strength!

Sorry for the long post guys...I trust in your tips!
Thanks bro

Aggression
10-08-12, 4:14 pm
It seems that you've been bouncing around too much, both with your diet and your training programs. If you started eating for less body fat, then you're definitely going to feel a bit more tired and weaker b/c you're not eating as many calories. So you need to pick a goal and stick with it for a while. If you want to gain strength and mass, focus on that when it comes to your diet and stick with your training program for several weeks. The more you flip flop back and forth, the more you'll stay the same.

falmer1946
10-08-12, 6:54 pm
It seems that you've been bouncing around too much, both with your diet and your training programs. If you started eating for less body fat, then you're definitely going to feel a bit more tired and weaker b/c you're not eating as many calories. So you need to pick a goal and stick with it for a while. If you want to gain strength and mass, focus on that when it comes to your diet and stick with your training program for several weeks. The more you flip flop back and forth, the more you'll stay the same.

First of all, thanks for the answer... So i want to gain strength and mass, no doubt, but i must try to not go over the current body fat.
Can you have some tips for this program in particular or some tips in general?

C.Coronato
10-09-12, 8:38 am
Agreed with Aggression, it seems like you are bouncing around often, especially since its only been a year.

Are you still working with a trainer?

falmer1946
10-09-12, 8:54 am
Agreed with Aggression, it seems like you are bouncing around often, especially since its only been a year.

Are you still working with a trainer?

Yes, yesterday he checked out my maximals and tomorrow i'm going to start sheiko #29.

Aggression
10-09-12, 9:03 am
Yes, yesterday he checked out my maximals and tomorrow i'm going to start sheiko #29.

First of all, thanks for the answer... So i want to gain strength and mass, no doubt, but i must try to not go over the current body fat.
Can you have some tips for this program in particular or some tips in general?

If you want to gain strength and mass, then you have to concentrate on that goal for an extended period of time. And you will gain some body fat, its unavoidable when bulking up. Keep your diet clean and your fat gains will be minimal, but there will be some fat gains regardless. How much fat you gain all comes down to how clean your diet is.

Stick with both the training program and the diet for an extended period of time in order to see progress. Don't bail on it after a week or so.

falmer1946
10-09-12, 9:26 am
If you want to gain strength and mass, then you have to concentrate on that goal for an extended period of time. And you will gain some body fat, its unavoidable when bulking up. Keep your diet clean and your fat gains will be minimal, but there will be some fat gains regardless. How much fat you gain all comes down to how clean your diet is.

Stick with both the training program and the diet for an extended period of time in order to see progress. Don't bail on it after a week or so.

Following paleo since a year, i'm sure my diet is very clean.
Everything i eat comes from my farm (eggs, poultry, vegetables, fruit). Fats sources are from organic butter, olive oil and coconut sometimes.

Could I modify macros? or i stick them as 33-33-33%?

falmer1946
10-10-12, 8:06 am
M1 - 30 gr Hydrolized whey + 3 whole eggs + 1 banana + 1 big cup coffee with teaspoon of honey
M2- 300 gr raw codfish, tilapia or 200 gr chicken, turkey or 250 gr lean beef
400-500 gr veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil (10 ml for me) + sometimes 1 small apple
M3- 3 whole eggs + 30gr Hydro or only Hydro + 20 gr coconut butter if hens didn't make eggs + veggies or fruit
M4- as meal 2 with 60 gr of basmati rice or 250 gr boiled potatoes
M5- 30 gr casein + ***e Total (full fat version) + raw blueberries or blackberries

Supps are:
- 3 gr omega-3
- 10 gr bcaa during
- 2 packs Nitro after
- 1 Pak after meal1
- 600 mg ALA
- 3 gr BetaAlanine

Aggression
10-10-12, 8:54 am
Could I modify macros? or i stick them as 33-33-33%?

Fuck macros, dude. Just eat clean, train hard, and adjust the calories as necessary. If you're feeling a bit weak/worn out, increase your total calories. If you're starting to gain a bit of body fat, then adjust again. Don't get too caught up in detailing everything down the the last gram. Keep it simple. I couldn't tell you what my breakdown was (pro/cho/fats). No clue.

Aggression
10-10-12, 8:55 am
M1 - 30 gr Hydrolized whey + 3 whole eggs + 1 banana + 1 big cup coffee with teaspoon of honey
M2- 300 gr raw codfish, tilapia or 200 gr chicken, turkey or 250 gr lean beef
400-500 gr veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil (10 ml for me) + sometimes 1 small apple
M3- 3 whole eggs + 30gr Hydro or only Hydro + 20 gr coconut butter if hens didn't make eggs + veggies or fruit
M4- as meal 2 with 60 gr of basmati rice or 250 gr boiled potatoes
M5- 30 gr casein + ***e Total (full fat version) + raw blueberries or blackberries

Supps are:
- 3 gr omega-3
- 10 gr bcaa during
- 2 packs Nitro after
- 1 Pak after meal1
- 600 mg ALA
- 3 gr BetaAlanine

your meal plan looks pretty solid. stick with that and adjust as necessary.

falmer1946
10-10-12, 9:34 am
your meal plan looks pretty solid. stick with that and adjust as necessary.

Thanks bro. I try to stick it for this two months of Sheiko.
I ll bring you up to date.