PDA

View Full Version : Modified Advanced Hell Raiser Training

massmonster1
10-10-12, 8:22 am
Hey Rage

My partner and I are in the middle of week 3 of HRT and it is kickin the livin shit out of us.
Ive never had such amazing pumps as I have with HRT. My training partner is a lil...lets say
sick and twisted, and well just an all out freak. He, like myself live for all the pain and suffering we
can put ourselves through in a training session, and then some. We begun HRT just as you
suggested but we have begun to modify it as we have learned the basic concept. I read a
post about advanced HRT recently and we do something a lil different. We started supersetting
a HRT set with a regular set and supersetting HRT with HRT. It is kick ass, the pump is amazing
and to me almost turns into HIT training when we do that. We also incorperate deadlifts and
squats but dont do hellcentrics on those because it just seems too dangerous. Theres a fine line
between hardcore and being stupid and I try not to cross that line when im training. Just wanted
to see what your thoughts were on this and also switching up exercises once every week to two
weeks. This is a killer program and I look forward to much more hell to come. Thanks

-MM

BB2K
10-12-12, 11:17 am
Is video possible? I'd love to see this. I've done HRT and love it. Ive gotten my best gains from it. Ive used it to prep for my first show back in March in which I placed 2nd in the light heavy weights!! Im using it now as I (was) prepping for a show this month. Im currently 203lbs at 4% using HRT and the HRT cut diet. Best combo ive ever used.

Rage
12-10-12, 12:14 pm
Hey Rage

My partner and I are in the middle of week 3 of HRT and it is kickin the livin shit out of us.
Ive never had such amazing pumps as I have with HRT. My training partner is a lil...lets say
sick and twisted, and well just an all out freak. He, like myself live for all the pain and suffering we
can put ourselves through in a training session, and then some. We begun HRT just as you
suggested but we have begun to modify it as we have learned the basic concept. I read a
post about advanced HRT recently and we do something a lil different. We started supersetting
a HRT set with a regular set and supersetting HRT with HRT. It is kick ass, the pump is amazing
and to me almost turns into HIT training when we do that. We also incorperate deadlifts and
squats but dont do hellcentrics on those because it just seems too dangerous. Theres a fine line
between hardcore and being stupid and I try not to cross that line when im training. Just wanted
to see what your thoughts were on this and also switching up exercises once every week to two
weeks. This is a killer program and I look forward to much more hell to come. Thanks

-MM

I encourage this behavior actually. I like to break the rules and change things up. HRT has settled into two primary forms; Hellcentrics HRT (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-training-overview.html) and Solo HRT (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hellraiser-solo.html). I wish you the best of luck my brother and in the end, the only thing that really matters is results right. Keep tweaking and modifying to find the right formula that works best for you. This year I also created a high volume cutting routine called Highway To Hell which looks like this...

Take any Hell Session. For starters, you will run each lift in the session back to back with 15 seconds between each lift. One main difference while on the Highway is that instead of 8 + 4 for Hellcentrics HRT and 8 + 6 for Solo HRT, we reverse it. 4 + 8 Hellcentrics and 6 + 8 Solo. And finally, you will run this rotation three times with only 5 minutes rest between each rotation. So, first things first, set up all of the stations you will be using, run through them all and warm up for two rounds. After your warm ups, it’s time to hit the onramp and floor it. Your break is after you get off the highway at the rest stop just long enough for your partner to do his round or a maximum of 5 minutes if you are running it by yourself. Then it’s right back on it for the next rotation. Here’s a play by play for the published Hell Session I;

2 rounds of warm ups, then…

1st Rotation
Seated Front Press 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Dumbbell Side Laterals 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Barbell Front Lateral Raise 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Barbell Curls 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Reverse Barbell Curls 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Reverse Barbell Wrist Curls 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8 15 seconds then
Barbell Wrist Curls 1 set of 4 + 8 or 6 + 8

Each lift one after the other with 15 seconds between each lift. Then take a 5 minute break and get back on the highway

2nd Rotation

Hit the off-ramp, 5 minute rest, then back on for the last rotation

3rd Rotation

Done. If you survive, you’ll be in and out of the gym in about 30-45 minutes tops. Oh, and one more bit of advice from me…choose your weight very carefully. You’re going to have to lighten it up even more to pull through an entire rotation.