PDA

View Full Version : Changing things up a bit.

braves561
10-13-12, 8:54 pm
I've been lifting 5-7 days a week for the past couple of years and have run myself into the ground. I weigh in at 144 lbs. @ 5'9. It's time I start putting some more muscle on my frame. I'm tired of my clothes falling off and my size 30x30 jeans being too big.

Anywho, I am going to stop counting calories and macros. I will make sure to eat protein with every meal, carbs, veggies/fruit. I am going to not feel guilty if I want a cheat meal every now and then. Who cares, right?

My training will follow a Casey Butt(s) split that he suggested for natural bodybuilders. I will follow it for at a minimum of six months. Lifting days will be Monday, Wed, Fri, with 10 miles or so on the exercise bike on Tues and Thurs. Weekends will be completely off.

Here is the split I will be following, but due to my heart condition, I will be adjusting my Monday's rep scheme:

Monday
Incline Press 5x5-7
Bent-Over Row 5x5-7
Clean and Press 5x5-7
Squat 5x5-7
Barbell Curl 5x5-7
Abs 3x12-15

Wednesday
Cross-Bench DB Pullover 4x10-15
Wide-grip Pull-Up 4x10-15
Overhead Squat 4x10-15
OR DB Lateral Raise 4x10-15
Sissy Squat 4x10-15
Forearm work 4-6x12-20

Friday
Chest Dip 4x8-12
Power Clean/High Pull 5x5
OR Stiff-Legged Deadlift 5x5
Behind-the-Neck Press 4x8-12
Front Squat 4x8-12
Decline Triceps Extension 4x8-12
Calves 3-4x12-20

Firefist
10-13-12, 9:33 pm
Good to have ya mate. The forum is a great place to pick up training and diet ideas. If I were you I'd get into the diet, training and living sections and peruse around a bit. There are years and years of great reads stored in there.

You didnt list too much about your eating, so heres something for you to start with the diet. Sgt Rocks blue collar eating and G diesels stuff are pretty good.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=598

Best of luck and happy training homie.

braves561
10-14-12, 9:28 pm
Good to have ya mate. The forum is a great place to pick up training and diet ideas. If I were you I'd get into the diet, training and living sections and peruse around a bit. There are years and years of great reads stored in there.

You didnt list too much about your eating, so heres something for you to start with the diet. Sgt Rocks blue collar eating and G diesels stuff are pretty good.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=598

Best of luck and happy training homie.

thanks lol but ive been on this forum for years..

also, adding to the original post that i will only count protein intake which will sit at 130g of protein per day (LBM). i did legs today to finish up my old split and tomorrow begins 6 months or more of the new one. let the gains begin.