PDA

View Full Version : Pasta vs. Rice

braves561
10-15-12, 3:46 pm
Any difference in body composition between eating either or? I know studies came out about white rice actually being better for you than brown rice from a micro stand point. Would the same be said for white pasta vs. wheat pasta? Say a certain amount of each is eaten with a protein source, would eating either have a different effect on body composition? Same question goes for rice vs. pasta.

Firefist
10-15-12, 4:06 pm
I love both. Being taiwanese and dating an italian girl, I eat both and a plenty of it.

No disrespect to the OP and thread, but I dont look so much into this stuff. Training and nutrition is a science for sure, but looking too deep into the differences between rice and pasta, both which are bomb carb sources, thats just too much for me.

So I guess for me, it depends if theres thai chili or red sauce on the table haha

Aggression
10-15-12, 4:06 pm
I don't think there's any actual REAL WORLD difference between brown vs white in regards to pasta and rice. In the end, eat whatever you like better. Pasta sits in my system for a longer time, leaving my full/sluggish. So I'd always opt for rice. Every now and then, I'll go with a big pasta dinner on a cheat.

Aggression
10-15-12, 4:07 pm
I love both. Being taiwanese and dating an italian girl, I eat both and a plenty of it.

No disrespect to the OP and thread, but I dont look so much into this stuff. Training and nutrition is a science for sure, but looking too deep into the differences between rice and pasta, both which are bomb carb sources, thats just too much for me.

So I guess for me, it depends if theres thai chili or red sauce on the table haha

Agreed. Keep shit simple. If you like white rice, eat it. If you like brown rice, eat that. Personally, I hate brown rice's texture. I prefer Jasmine rice. As for pasta, I think there's absolutely nothing good about whole wheat pasta. Regular all the way.

braves561
10-15-12, 4:10 pm
thanks guys. yeah i have to stop being so anal with stuff. pasta for dinner tonight with my chicken!!

Aggression
10-15-12, 4:25 pm
thanks guys. yeah i have to stop being so anal with stuff. pasta for dinner tonight with my chicken!!

I did it in my younger years; analyzed every single detail. I'm just trying to save you from the same fate, bro.

IronWilson
10-15-12, 6:57 pm
I would say rice is superior because it is gluten free, and a large percentage of people are allergic to gluten to some degree. So rice will digest easier.

That's just a comparison though. Pasta is still good for bulking.

John B
10-16-12, 9:20 am
Mix 'em up. Variety is the spice of life . . . and they all have different nutrient contents so good to get some of each.