PDA

View Full Version : Circle this date.

Animal
10-17-12, 12:08 pm
Saturday, March 2nd.

Animals, fans and athletes alike, if you're going to be anywhere near Columbus, then join us for the 2013 National Animal Barbell Club Event after the expo. So set your favorite Animal T aside and prepare to show the iron some love, and the afterwards, enjoy the grub. It all happens right here:

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215

We are locked and loaded.

naturalguy
10-17-12, 12:20 pm
In

Nix0r
10-17-12, 12:23 pm
Duh.

Kowboy
10-17-12, 12:30 pm
Boom, In.

G Diesel
10-17-12, 12:38 pm
Can't wait. Gonna be epic as usual.

Shit is real any time the crew comes together.

Peace, G

Razor
10-17-12, 2:35 pm
In obviously.

ghost
10-17-12, 2:46 pm
fucking a right im in.

C.Coronato
10-17-12, 2:47 pm
Another year. Couldnt be more excited. The home coming of the Family. The Reunion.

Cant wait.

In.

GUNZ
10-17-12, 2:56 pm
Can't wait to meet everyone and train with the Crew!

Madcat
10-17-12, 2:58 pm
Can't come soon enough!

Animal
10-17-12, 3:09 pm
In the upcoming weeks, we'll work on the final list for the Animal Crew including the athletes, staff and possible interns. Always tough figuring out this final list but we'll get there. We've started looking at new Animal Gear ideas too, limited edition and otherwise. I have some items I definitely want to see available.

Razor
10-17-12, 4:05 pm
In the upcoming weeks, we'll work on the final list for the Animal Crew including the athletes, staff and possible interns. Always tough figuring out this final list but we'll get there. We've started looking at new Animal Gear ideas too, limited edition and otherwise. I have some items I definitely want to see available.

Awesome news i love how we're starting this already!!

deanna7272
10-17-12, 4:35 pm
Been in since LAST March....

Can't wait for details...

Animal
10-17-12, 4:44 pm
Awesome news i love how we're starting this already!!

More work now, means less work later.

mritter3
10-18-12, 7:27 am
Def one of the coolest things I've been apart if...hoping I can be there

Christman
10-18-12, 8:43 am

Same here. I was fortunate enough to intern in the cage on my birthday last year and in 2013 the National ABC will be that day. I'm looking forward to another kick-ass year at the expo.

deanna7272
10-18-12, 3:54 pm
Same here. I was fortunate enough to intern in the cage on my birthday last year and in 2013 the National ABC will be that day. I'm looking forward to another kick-ass year at the expo.

What a birthday gift... If ya didn't know, there are about 10 of us that celebrate that weekend also ((or at least BD's THINKS its our birthday...he he he)). We were there 2 years ago and our waitress told us to sign up for their "birthday club" promo... When ya do, ya get a free meal on your birthday.... BAAAAZZIINNNNGA!!! ONE PWO MEAL TAKEN CARE OF....lol

Shhhh.... "our little secret'...lol

Christman
10-18-12, 4:32 pm
What a birthday gift... If ya didn't know, there are about 10 of us that celebrate that weekend also ((or at least BD's THINKS its our birthday...he he he)). We were there 2 years ago and our waitress told us to sign up for their "birthday club" promo... When ya do, ya get a free meal on your birthday.... BAAAAZZIINNNNGA!!! ONE PWO MEAL TAKEN CARE OF....lol

Shhhh.... "our little secret'...lol

Haha, did that last year and believe me, I will be all over it again this year.

rbowman91
10-18-12, 5:55 pm
Last year it was the highlight of the Arnold. Wouldnt miss it.

Flash419
10-19-12, 1:41 am
Wouldn't miss it!

Universal Rep
10-22-12, 9:33 am
How bout we mix things up and instead of just trainin, we have events or contests???

deanna7272
10-22-12, 9:44 am
How bout we mix things up and instead of just trainin, we have events or contests???

My thoughts... I like the way it is now because we get to meet and train with new folks, pick up tips from Pros and such, and everyone gets to do their thing amongst others. I think that if it would get into "scheduled" events that it would take away from the overall experience of the ABC's... Those that have never been are blown away by what is happening and they take that energy back to their gyms and spread the word.

Like I said, just my thoughts on it, but I like what we have now...

Universal Rep
10-22-12, 9:46 am
My thoughts... I like the way it is now because we get to meet and train with new folks, pick up tips from Pros and such, and everyone gets to do their thing amongst others. I think that if it would get into "scheduled" events that it would take away from the overall experience of the ABC's... Those that have never been are blown away by what is happening and they take that energy back to their gyms and spread the word.

Like I said, just my thoughts on it, but I like what we have now...

I think it can be overwhelmin for sum folks, if not for most. If ur a seasoned vet and ya already know the Animal Crew, you get more out of this event than the rookie comin to his first. Sum of the vets feel comfortable workin in with an Animal athlete cuz they might know 'em by now. But wut about that young kid who comes for the first time? Who takes him under their wing, shows 'em the ropes, shows 'em what Animal is all about? When the event wuz small, it wuz more intimate and everybody got the same experience. Now that the event is huge, some fellas can get "lost" at the event. Anyways, doesn't have to be overly structured, but lets say ya have 15 fellas representin from Animal. Why not have 'em each take on 10-15 each and work on a specific bodypart?

Kowboy
10-22-12, 9:58 am
I am so excited for this, I just hope I get an op to intern again.

Razor
10-22-12, 12:46 pm

Hm....i'm listening.

Appollonian
10-22-12, 1:26 pm
A month ago I was 100% sure I was going to make it; some things have come up and it's probably close to a 75% chance right now.

As Universal Rep's idea about having events or contests, as long as there is still a bulk of the gym devoted to people just getting together to train, it could work I think. That said the only ABC I've been to the amount of information I learned was incredible, despite the fact there was no formal 'teaching or coaching'.

Kowboy
10-22-12, 1:41 pm
A month ago I was 100% sure I was going to make it; some things have come up and it's probably close to a 75% chance right now.

As Universal Rep's idea about having events or contests, as long as there is still a bulk of the gym devoted to people just getting together to train, it could work I think. That said the only ABC I've been to the amount of information I learned was incredible, despite the fact there was no formal 'teaching or coaching'.

If it is due to a hotel issue hit me up man, we can work something out.

Appollonian
10-22-12, 3:21 pm
If it is due to a hotel issue hit me up man, we can work something out.

Not the issue this go around, I sent you a PM. Going to do all I can't to make it though.

deanna7272
10-22-12, 6:13 pm
I think it can be overwhelmin for sum folks, if not for most. If ur a seasoned vet and ya already know the Animal Crew, you get more out of this event than the rookie comin to his first. Sum of the vets feel comfortable workin in with an Animal athlete cuz they might know 'em by now. But wut about that young kid who comes for the first time? Who takes him under their wing, shows 'em the ropes, shows 'em what Animal is all about? When the event wuz small, it wuz more intimate and everybody got the same experience. Now that the event is huge, some fellas can get "lost" at the event. Anyways, doesn't have to be overly structured, but lets say ya have 15 fellas representin from Animal. Why not have 'em each take on 10-15 each and work on a specific bodypart?

Well, I see what you're saying, but as you said, with as much as it has grown, is there room for 15 individuals to take on 10-15 in one area? Having the train with an Animal promo is a lead in for that, and usually those that are wanting to know more stand and observe anyway... Not that I am "anyone" but I know that I talk to as many people as possible to make them comfortable and explain as much as I can about what happens and what they should expect. Those of us that have been around seem to embrace the first timers and try to get them into the mix somehow, or I know I try to anyway...lol

GUNS
10-22-12, 9:48 pm
How bout we mix things up and instead of just trainin, we have events or contests???Isnt that what the Cage has?

I think it can be overwhelmin for sum folks, if not for most. If ur a seasoned vet and ya already know the Animal Crew, you get more out of this event than the rookie comin to his first. Sum of the vets feel comfortable workin in with an Animal athlete cuz they might know 'em by now. But wut about that young kid who comes for the first time? Who takes him under their wing, shows 'em the ropes, shows 'em what Animal is all about? When the event wuz small, it wuz more intimate and everybody got the same experience. Now that the event is huge, some fellas can get "lost" at the event. Anyways, doesn't have to be overly structured, but lets say ya have 15 fellas representin from Animal. Why not have 'em each take on 10-15 each and work on a specific bodypart?Understand where your coming from! And I thought I seen this already at an event? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjXY8oyXH8&feature=share&list=PL61571851251ECC53

Mr. Dead
11-15-12, 2:10 pm
If I make it to the Arnold, I surely won't miss the ABC...

GUNS
11-15-12, 2:22 pm
Any updates from HQ for us?

Universal Rep
11-15-12, 2:24 pm
Any updates from HQ for us?

Updates??? Its on like donkey kong.

GUNS
11-15-12, 2:25 pm
Updates??? Its on like donkey kong.

Athletes? Maybe give out 1 name a week till X-Mas!

Universal Rep
11-15-12, 3:34 pm

This is the National ABC Event thread brotha. U get lost?

Mr. Dead
11-15-12, 3:38 pm

This is the National ABC Event thread brotha. U get lost?

Recommend ban...

GUNS
11-15-12, 3:41 pm
Yep I guess I did, I will have my wife beat me senseless tonight, naked of course!

P Diesel
11-15-12, 9:49 pm
Isnt that what the Cage has?[QUOTE]

exactly

[QUOTE=GUNS;1271894]Yep I guess I did, I will have my wife beat me senseless tonight, naked of course!

hahaha quote of the day.

P

deanna7272
11-15-12, 9:59 pm
Yep I guess I did, I will have my wife beat me senseless tonight, naked of course!

I agree with P, but I have a question....

Who is nekkid, you or her???

GUNS
11-15-12, 10:10 pm
I agree with P, but I have a question....

Who is nekkid, you or her???

Does it have to be her or me, why cant it be both! =)

Appollonian
11-15-12, 10:41 pm

Hahaha, nice Jimmy, good to see you enjoyin being at home!

deanna7272
11-16-12, 1:02 am

He he he...

Vinny G
11-28-12, 8:26 am
the CAGE is like Christmas Morning!

Phil800101
12-01-12, 10:49 pm
You know I'm in for this.

twoheadedboy
12-02-12, 11:15 am
I will be there.

Enforcer
12-02-12, 11:48 am
I hope I get to be attendance once again. I was there for the first ever National ABC and ever since then it is amazing to see how much it has grown.

deanna7272
12-13-12, 12:10 pm
I hope I get to be attendance once again. I was there for the first ever National ABC and ever since then it is amazing to see how much it has grown.

From this...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/The%20Cage%20Arnold%20Expo%202008/AnimalCage220.jpg

To this....
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/image-2.jpg

Mr. Dead
12-13-12, 1:28 pm
Odds are improving that I may be there...

Enforcer
12-16-12, 11:23 am
Just cant wait to see how many more people attend the ABC this year. I remember the first National ABC that I attended a few years back. To see how much it has grown since then is just insane.

Enforcer
12-16-12, 11:25 am
From this...
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/The%20Cage%20Arnold%20Expo%202008/AnimalCage220.jpg

To this....

Couldnt have said it better myself. A picture truly is worth a thousand words

MAB
12-16-12, 11:53 am
Circled :)

THE EXTREME
12-18-12, 10:52 am
Its Crazy how the ABC at Metro Fitness has almost tripled in size over the past few years! Gotta Love The Friendly bench and deadlift off competitions that go on there every year!!! Hell, Ed Coan even showed up and threw around some weights this past year! Cant Wait to see who's all going to be at this one! Might need a wider lens for the camera!

deanna7272
12-18-12, 2:19 pm
Its Crazy how the ABC at Metro Fitness has almost tripled in size over the past few years! Gotta Love The Friendly bench and deadlift off competitions that go on there every year!!! Hell, Ed Coan even showed up and threw around some weights this past year! Cant Wait to see who's all going to be at this one! Might need a wider lens for the camera!

That one did cut a lot out... Panoramic view this year...lol

MAB
12-18-12, 5:29 pm
I'll see if my camera does Panoramic views... I wouldn't mind going all paparazzi on ppl at the ABC :)

deanna7272
12-18-12, 7:28 pm
I'll see if my camera does Panoramic views... I wouldn't mind going all paparazzi on ppl at the ABC :)

I'm sure Juggs has thay covered, but we are always up for photo ops!!

Mr. Dead
01-08-13, 5:05 pm
Still a 50/50 chance of me making it to this...

tark
01-13-13, 5:33 pm
so pumped for this shit...this will be my first national ABC....looking forward to fucking shit up and meeting some new people!

bigkahuna08
01-18-13, 2:08 pm
I will definitely be there with one of my training partners! So stoked to be apart of this again!

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 3:05 pm
so pumped for this shit...this will be my first national ABC....looking forward to fucking shit up and meeting some new people!

U are gonna have a blast...

I will definitely be there with one of my training partners! So stoked to be apart of this again!

Have ur partner sign up here if he wants the special LE swag... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40123-2013-National-ABC-Event-Official-Roll-Call-List

Razor
01-18-13, 3:11 pm
From this...

To this....

Simply awesome